Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Nations Cup: Discussion Thread

Here is the discussion thread for the update located HERE.

Comments

• detedudu (INT2)detedudu (INT2) Posts: 352
    edited 28.07.2017
    Doing such a thing but with alliances on every individual server would make more sense then doing this with servers as a whole. 
    I am a bit surprised of the rewards though, i was not expecting GGE to give us boosters. 
  • UD1 (INT1)UD1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,351
    I am mythed and amused that they roll out new tournament on server of which some server have so much advantage than others cost of rubies, I never participate in the last server contest , only just do what I was normally doing nothing more and nothing less.
    How can GGE be putting all there effort to repairing bugs , yet they still roll out contest events etc. I know they want money, but I feel like it works the opposite, I have no interest in wasting money on events our server cant win on, because of the overwhelming difference in cost of rubies ,

Also I don't want more equipment and the jokes is I know I can win it , but like I said why would I want to spend money only delete the equipment after the event.

Do you think there is always a bug in the things we like but the same old same old has none , yes I am cynical, but I was not always like it . but when trust is gone , words are not enough , it is deeds that regain the trust back
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • zeus1998 (GB1)zeus1998 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 356
    it's just usual business. Slam the events that come around too often nowadays as hard as you can and hope it's good enough.

Be tidy if they fixed royal capital etc first

RECORD NOMADS = 134,291, TOP 40
    RECORD SAMS = 254,189. 4TH PLACE 
    I've been here for around 7 years now, can't wait to celebrate my decade of destruction. 

• The Carnifex (US1)The Carnifex (US1) US1 Posts: 1,205
    1. The rewards are not worth servers forgetting wars and coming together for a week when your giving them rewards worth like a tenner.

2. Whichever server gets the Brazil server in fi/bc has it unfair because the castles there are terrible compared to some of the ones on for example the german server, so whoever gets that server in the event will have an unfair disadvantage.

3. Displaying how people are doing, like last time has to be on the forum instead of coding another tent for the game, apparently this is because you cant compile all the data from all the servers and then display it again on a live feed, the scale is too big. Which I get, but then why are you doing this anyway..

Nor is there an incentive for customers to spend on the event, when their contribution will matter so little, and the potential rewards are worth less then what they have to spend.
    Recruiter @ The Black Flag

• The results of your server will be calculated as an average of the points collected by the most active half of the players of your server during the Battle of Berimond or one of the invasions. So, we will consider Gallantry points for the Battle of Berimond, glory points for War of the Bloodcrows and War of the Realms, and Nomad/Samurai Points.

Can we get clarification on this. What is the minimum amount of points you have to collect to be considered active? Is there a minimum amount? Or are certain servers at a disadvantage for being larger than others? 

• zeus1998 (GB1)zeus1998 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 356
    • The results of your server will be calculated as an average of the points collected by the most active half of the players of your server during the Battle of Berimond or one of the invasions. So, we will consider Gallantry points for the Battle of Berimond, glory points for War of the Bloodcrows and War of the Realms, and Nomad/Samurai Points.

Can we get clarification on this. What is the minimum amount of points you have to collect to be considered active? Is there a minimum amount? Or are certain servers at a disadvantage for being larger than others? 

if it's the top half, 50% of the players will be calculated surely

RECORD NOMADS = 134,291, TOP 40
    RECORD SAMS = 254,189. 4TH PLACE 
    I've been here for around 7 years now, can't wait to celebrate my decade of destruction. 

• Defectus (US1)Defectus (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199
    Question: Will the boosters go up immediately, or upon logging on?

Now...

This update is ridiculous.

First of all, give us some material. No one cares about a forum post and a few rewards. Put a camp outside or castle or give us a Server Rankings option.

Secondly, give us better rewards. These rewards are slightly better than last time, but as someone else said they're nowhere near good enough to bring a server together.

Third: Stop re-using old event mechanics with minimal changes and advertising them like they're new. Enough said.

And finally, this event is unfair. It's ridiculous that some servers will be paying $20 to succeed in this thing while others will be paying $200. Additionally, there will be servers stuck "fighting" the Brazil server during BC's/FC's and others that will go against Germany. How can we expect anyone stuck with the Brazil server to do better?

Fix the broken events instead of spending your time on stuff like this. We want Khan Camps, Royal Capital, Old Berimond and Berimond Invasion back. Not another mechanic that is barely even seen in-game.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

I don't play this game anymore.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,066

Now...

First of all, give us some material. No one cares about a forum post and a few rewards. Put a camp outside or castle or give us a Server Rankings option.

Secondly, give us better rewards. These rewards are slightly better than last time, but as someone else said they're nowhere near good enough to bring a server together.

Third: Stop re-using old event mechanics with minimal changes and advertising them like they're new. Enough said.

And finally, this event is unfair. It's ridiculous that some servers will be paying $20 to succeed in this thing while others will be paying $200. Additionally, there will be servers stuck "fighting" the Brazil server during BC's/FC's and others that will go against Germany. How can we expect anyone stuck with the Brazil server to do better?

Fix the broken events instead of spending your time on stuff like this. We want Khan Camps, Royal Capital, Old Berimond and Berimond Invasion back. Not another mechanic that is barely even seen in-game.
    As always I'd say we get the booster in a neat blue gift box.
    and agree the others should be fixed would give more variety

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now

Now...

As always I'd say we get the booster in a neat blue gift box.
    and agree the others should be fixed would give more variety
    Oh right, forgot about the box. That's about the only time we see the event in-game, except for a few messages in our inbox.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
    It's nice that you're trying to foster server vs server competition. However, no one is going to notice unless you make leadership boards available in game, so that it's easy to check.

Also, the servers themselves are unbalanced. Germany will always take first place because there's more heavily invested players there. So . . . why should a lower ranked server bother with this?
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
    It's nice that you're trying to foster server vs server competition. However, no one is going to notice unless you make leadership boards available in game, so that it's easy to check.

Also, the servers themselves are unbalanced. Germany will always take first place because there's more heavily invested players there. So . . . why should a lower ranked server bother with this?
    Exactly. And it shows a huge lack of effort to not put any actual content in-game.

@Hidingfromyou (US1) the other thing about unbalanced servers is the huge range of ruby prices. Not fair that some people have to invest so little to do just as well.

It's not like we're going to be missing out on the next update and they needed to scramble to find something. I don't think any player would've been unhappy if they just hadn't released this feature. What bothers me is they're making this stuff up hastily and they really don't need to. If they just stick with high quality updates (and the August update doesn't seem to bad) that's enough. GGE doesn't need to scramble to make new content, especially content that wasn't very well received the first time. What they need to do is fix the old events and then add some original, in-game content such as they Khan's Revenge. We really don't need any of this server vs. server stuff that yields little reward and isn't going to be very exciting for most players.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 29.07.2017

Exactly. And it shows a huge lack of effort to not put any actual content in-game.

@Hidingfromyou (US1) the other thing about unbalanced servers is the huge range of ruby prices. Not fair that some people have to invest so little to do just as well.

It's not like we're going to be missing out on the next update and they needed to scramble to find something. I don't think any player would've been unhappy if they just hadn't released this feature. What bothers me is they're making this stuff up hastily and they really don't need to. If they just stick with high quality updates (and the August update doesn't seem to bad) that's enough. GGE doesn't need to scramble to make new content, especially content that wasn't very well received the first time. What they need to do is fix the old events and then add some original, in-game content such as they Khan's Revenge. We really don't need any of this server vs. server stuff that yields little reward and isn't going to be very exciting for most players.
    Maybe exciting for the few servers that even have a chance at winning first place and especially the almost impossible to defeat German server, but definitely not U.S.1 and the vast majority of the other 32 servers that have no chance at getting first place ever. Also, I saw a relative pattern of consistency as well for the top 3 in Battle of Nations and every single time Germany was in the top 3 and they had even gotten 1st place at least once as well. There was not really anything I liked about the Battle of Nations anyway besides the nice small rewards we would sometimes get for little effort in getting silver. Also, we do not have any reliable way of knowing during the competitions how far ahead or behind we are in comparison to the other servers making the Battle of Nations even more useless, because everyone on the U.S.1 server and other servers should know during a server competition how far ahead or behind they are instead of having to wait until the end for the final results. Only waiting upon the final results is not a reliable way to get ahead of the other servers. I also think that in comparison to the alliance city event and Kahn's Revenge vs. server vs. server events both of these two examples of events that disappeared from the game seemed to be more fun than server vs. server events anyway.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • say what? are we playing baseball in now?
    don't just keep on changing your topics and updates randomly.

it's a shyt_show nowadays.
  • salca (BG1)salca (BG1) BG1 Posts: 17
    Where is Bulgarian flag in this banner?
    We are the best gamers here!!!
  • Not worth my time just like last time. This is not new content. GGS puts no effort into these things. They just use a different lipstick on the pig. 
    It seems some mod with a Napoleon Complex likes deleting people's signatures. Get a life. I called you on your BS and you single me out. Again. Get a life.

Not buying a single ruby. Not feeding the gluttonous pig known as GGE. You have lost our trust!
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,066

Did you check last time sometimes Germany was not even top 3 , why? because while there are a lot of big buyers there are also thousands of farm accounts , alts and just genuinely bad players pulling then down and us has the same issue , meaning if it goes like last time I'd say in all events except Berimond (cause farms and alts aren't there much) small servers have a better chance but I'd say whoever Germany goes against in berimond unless it is pl1, us1 or romania1 they will be torn apart and not stand a chance lol

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
Sign In to comment.