Discussion Thread: August Update - Feature Teaser

Comments

• If support would actually look into the missing stuff, I would not be so pissy, but they want a screenshot, like i'm to have psychic powers to know to screenshot something, because I have a vision, that i'm about to be screwed. Makes no sense to me.

I had a op full of defense troops, sent them on support, never saw them again, the player lost 12 troops, I lost 1400, I didn't bother contacting support, it all goes in the trash anyway.
  • zeus1998 (GB1)zeus1998 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 356
    Have to agree that this would be another set of good updates.

Nothing worse than having your food messed around with when the game goes down for maintenance or such.

and,

the equipment storage gain is something similar to what i started a thread on the other day, but i said there should be a button where u click all the pieces u want gone and then delete all at once to save time

RECORD NOMADS = 134,291, TOP 40
    RECORD SAMS = 254,189. 4TH PLACE 
    I've been here for around 7 years now, can't wait to celebrate my decade of destruction. 

• Is the update only for foreigner invasion or to the blood crows also?

sir-toke @ skn 1
  • Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,941
    The new update is more like a buff for random things in the game, so is not a big update, that will change the mechanics of the game. From what i see, but still August is not here yet.

"Research Tower → reduce research costs"
    And making more levels for the research bonuses are good.
    Most of them are old, and cost too much for their revenue.
    I'm really waiting for the new research tower changes. 

"With this update, there will be 10 new Activity reward you can fight for."
    They should remove the prizes from from alliance rewards, the ones with  legendary resources for alliance funds.
    Is really useless, royal capital is not coming back soon.
    So it is good if they change the alliance rewards. And yes increase it . 
    Most of the top x alliances make more than the event requirements. Only a player can make 4/5M glory in 5 days. They can extend it to 5/6M for sure, add some more soliders and gifts.

What they did wrong is that they left behind the blood crows event, is a copy of fr, but still they have to do some changes there too. Still 4/5 days left of this month, so the official post can be edited .

"New combo tools"
    So this is more for the big ruby whales of the game, i hope these tools will came in the offers during the fr/bc events. 
    Now tails will became useless, it was the single tool in the game that gave 5% glory in atacks. 

] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• Peter John (US1)Peter John (US1) US1 Posts: 837
    edited 27.07.2017
    If support would actually look into the missing stuff, I would not be so pissy, but they want a screenshot, like i'm to have psychic powers to know to screenshot something, because I have a vision, that i'm about to be screwed. Makes no sense to me.

I had a op full of defense troops, sent them on support, never saw them again, the player lost 12 troops, I lost 1400, I didn't bother contacting support, it all goes in the trash anyway.
    Actually what might happened that you lost the troops movement arrow. Had that yesterday, lost all my spies and on going troops on Beri watchtower. Can't do new spy it's said I have 0 spy left. The beri troops is nowhere to find and my comm is busy (doing what, who knows). But a few min. later suddenly I got the BR (the troops hit the tower), still no return movement troops. Wait for a while, then everything are back, spies, troops & comm.

Several of my team experienced the same.

I logged out and back in, refresh, none work. Even logged on other computer. But eventually they are all back.

P.S: Of course I don't trust those missing spies, I had to killed them anyway and retrain a new ones, safer that way. For comm. I gave him a short lease.
  • TheBlueIcicle (US1)TheBlueIcicle (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199
    They should remove the prizes from from alliance rewards, the ones with  legendary resources for alliance funds.
    Most of the top x alliances make more than the event requirements. Only a player can make 4/5M glory in 5 days. They can extend it to 5/6M for sure, add some more soliders and gifts.
    This is so true. After the update, individual players will require nearly 2/3 of the glory needed by alliance to complete the event. Wth?
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

retired I guess. or trying to be.
  • Negan (CN1)Negan (CN1) Posts: 174

This is so true. After the update, individual players will require nearly 2/3 of the glory needed by alliance to complete the event. Wth?

With the new 5%glory bonus tools they are adding i expect to see almost a double in the glory that some players are getting mainly speaking about the big ruby buyers... So woul be pretty easy to hit those top scores..
    Negan @ CN1 

• I wonder whether the promise made in this piece of text has anything to do with the gift peddler?

In the text of the teaser there is mentioned that higher players can now thank people or something like that. So is that the boosting that has been talked about?

If it is true you should clear that up, and another few things. What is meant with 'every type of player'? How unlimited are the resources that the low and mid levels can give and how does that work at all? Also, how does that maxing out works? Lastly I would like to know if it's already known how much (in rubies?, in coins? wood? stone? kingdom resources?) it's going to cost, a package?

I know, many questions, but this text is not the clearest I've seen.

Hello everyone!

Good to see you. I'm Lucas from the dutch server (NL1) and i play in an amazing Alliance called Two Towers. I really enjoy playing the game. If you want to make contact with me leave a message here or if you are from the dutch server message me there!

Kind regards Lucas1999

• TheBlueIcicle (US1)TheBlueIcicle (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199

I wonder whether the promise made in this piece of text has anything to do with the gift peddler?

In the text of the teaser there is mentioned that higher players can now thank people or something like that. So is that the boosting that has been talked about?

If it is true you should clear that up, and another few things. What is meant with 'every type of player'? How unlimited are the resources that the low and mid levels can give and how does that work at all? Also, how does that maxing out works? Lastly I would like to know if it's already known how much (in rubies?, in coins? wood? stone? kingdom resources?) it's going to cost, a package?

It is a teaser, so it's not supposed to be totally clear. Just to get us interested.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

retired I guess. or trying to be.
  • I think this update has a flaw, what happens while you aren't producing food because of the downtime and someone attacks you?
    You lose your troops right? Unless they are turning off attacks and just putting the server on pause.
    I have no loyalty.

• MinosMinos Posts: 80

Maybe GGE needs a communication officer who understands what a teaser means. To help that person: "a teaser is a short introductory advertisement for a product that stimulates interest by remaining cryptic" (Source) . Both of the mentioned "features" are not cryptic and they have clearly negative impacts on the players. But on the other hand, I am interested in learning more about the new update....what more (negative) impacts are coming to us.......so maybe I stand corrected and is the communication officer more skilled than I expected, although its stretches the general outlook to the definition of a teaser....

The reason they are teasers is to communicate better with you all the progress of the updates. Also you can see what is happening on the beta servers this way. The main reason they are teasers is because the information could still change before going live and so not an actual update announcement. Hope that clears it up better for you.

maybe you can just fix the stuff you've already screwed up, No pennies, I have seen no VIP time in the merc camp, and for the last 7 days, daily log in, no VIP there either. I guess you want everyone to start buying it, Not happening here. I have played and payed for over 2 years, to see things just vanish, Troops, Rubies and Tools, and unless I have a screenshot to prove what vanished, I get nothing. So I'm tired of teasers, I'm tired of updates, that just screw us. Please try to fix the bugs, without adding 5 for every 1 you fix.

I know this is to much to ask from developers, who could really care less.
    Here  is my current daily with both VIP time and points and also they are still available from the merc camp, maybe you've just been unlucky recently.
  • I wonder whether the promise made in this piece of text has anything to do with the gift peddler?

It is a teaser, so it's not supposed to be totally clear. Just to get us interested.
    Minos said:

Maybe GGE needs a communication officer who understands what a teaser means. To help that person: "a teaser is a short introductory advertisement for a product that stimulates interest by remaining cryptic" (Source) . Both of the mentioned "features" are not cryptic and they have clearly negative impacts on the players. But on the other hand, I am interested in learning more about the new update....what more (negative) impacts are coming to us.......so maybe I stand corrected and is the communication officer more skilled than I expected, although its stretches the general outlook to the definition of a teaser....

The reason they are teasers is to communicate better with you all the progress of the updates. Also you can see what is happening on the beta servers this way. The main reason they are teasers is because the information could still change before going live and so not an actual update announcement. Hope that clears it up better for you.

Thanks for clearing some things up for me. I see I just have to wait longer until the Update announcement is coming.

Hello everyone!

Good to see you. I'm Lucas from the dutch server (NL1) and i play in an amazing Alliance called Two Towers. I really enjoy playing the game. If you want to make contact with me leave a message here or if you are from the dutch server message me there!

Kind regards Lucas1999

• neuterable (US1)neuterable (US1) US1 Posts: 745
    edited 28.07.2017
    New feature! Khan broke, so no Khan Token Rewards... and no apprentice tokens*... guess they fell down the Unlucky Penny well.

H00ray, the apprentice Tokens have reappeared.
    Post edited by neuterable (US1) on
    neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

α ЯTFM ¿¿¿Want Free $tuff??? Then Go Write Santa a Letter ЯTFM Ω
  • Major problem with the combination armorer+5% glory tools. The cheapest one isn't much more expensive than the 4% glory banner that's currently available in the shop, and when you're sending ~900 flags against an 8k or 9k castle, these percentages add up. GGE is basically offering low-cost nomad banners to all ruby whales out there, rendering hours of grinding in nomads unnecessary for them. 

It's fine if GGS allows players to spend money for advantages in game, and I'm even fine with pay to win. But now it's more like pay to play….

The Gentleman @ WWW 1
  • kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) US1 Posts: 254
    edited 29.07.2017
    Well time to get some things straight,  First off attacking the foreigners I can use 130 tools per wave, so if I use 6 waves that is 760 tools not 900.  That is a big difference.  Second I agree the pricing comparing 4% flags and say a normal breaching tower with the new elite tonnelon if is reasonable.  The question is whether the 4% glory flags were ever reasonably priced. 2% glory flags = 19 rubies,  3% glory flags = 62 rubies, 4% = 145 rubies.  I personally would not spend 145 rubies x 600 = 87K rubies attacking a Foreigner castle and I seriously doubt many Ruby buyers would either. Especially since you could send two attacks using 2% flags for less than 24K in rubies.   I might against a real player but not a computer generated opponent.  But ruby buyers including ruby whales do not just toss money at this game despite what you may believe.

Second you assume that it currently takes hours to attack nomads to build up your supply of Horsetail banners.  1 attack can easily give you 500 tokens so 80 horsetail banners for every attack.  An attack including set-up 10 minutes so 480 Horsetails per hour.  I do not know how many Horsetail banners you want leaving the nomad event but 2 hours per day for 4 days is about 4000 horsetail banners.  Most good players spend at least 2 hours a day in game many spend more time and buying rubies does not affect that.
    kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    Well time to get some things straight,  First off attacking the foreigners I can use 130 tools per wave, so if I use 6 waves that is 760 tools not 900.  That is a big difference.  Second I agree the pricing comparing 4% flags and say a normal breaching tower with the new elite tonnelon if is reasonable.  The question is whether the 4% glory flags were ever reasonably priced. 2% glory flags = 19 rubies,  3% glory flags = 62 rubies, 4% = 145 rubies.  I personally would not spend 145 rubies x 600 = 87K rubies attacking a Foreigner castle and I seriously doubt many Ruby buyers would either. Especially since you could send two attacks using 2% flags for less than 24K in rubies.   I might against a real player but not a computer generated opponent.  But ruby buyers including ruby whales do not just toss money at this game despite what you may believe.

Second you assume that it currently takes hours to attack nomads to build up your supply of Horsetail banners.  1 attack can easily give you 500 tokens so 80 horsetail banners for every attack.  An attack including set-up 10 minutes so 480 Horsetails per hour.  I do not know how many Horsetail banners you want leaving the nomad event but 2 hours per day for 4 days is about 4000 horsetail banners.  Most good players spend at least 2 hours a day in game many spend more time and buying rubies does not affect that.
    How many Khan chests do you have to use to get that? 700 per attack?! A normal attack without KC gets 74-80. With 3 KC about 79-82 ish. 500 per attack? Wow.
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) US1 Posts: 254
    edited 29.07.2017
    I am not denying that you would have to use a bunch of kahn chests, but what I am saying is that given the right circumstances that a bunch of Horsetail banners can be accumulated right now without spending hours and hours doing so.  But if my quick calculations are correct between 200-225 of the 3% Kahn chests per attack  Or just under 2 full waves for many players.  Assuming no other bonuses.
    kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    I am not denying that you would have to use a bunch of kahn chests, but what I am saying is that given the right circumstances that a bunch of Horsetail banners can be accumulated right now without spending hours and hours doing so.  But if my quick calculations are correct between 200-225 of the 3% Kahn chests per attack  Or just under 2 full waves for many players.  Assuming no other bonuses.
    khan chests are not that cheap! So that only works for people who spend a hundred+ dollars a month on game... I prefer just attacking as many times as I can. Skips are best ruby deal in the game.
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• dax (INT1)dax (INT1) Posts: 28
    edited 31.07.2017
    The apprentice tokens will still be available in the Nomad Shop until the 18th but will be removed from the Samurai shop.

Wait, let me get this straigth.

1) You make this KHAN BUG

2) You dont make available new samurai and nomad equipment due to another BUG

and

3) NOW YOU WILL REMOVE APPRENTICE TOKENS FROM SAMURAI SHOP BEFORE THE END OF APPRENTICE BLACKSMITH???

ARE YOU JOKING WITH US???

• sarah1 (INT2)sarah1 (INT2) INT2 Posts: 123
    so the update coems on the second of august while we are half way a foreign event. will the new rewards till 2 mil glory points happen during this foreign or will we have the next one? and does it count for bloodcrow as well?
    sarah1 @ 7
Sign In to comment.