Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Let's improve the samurai event too

2»

Comments

• Lots of people in nomads prioritize the khan camp for its kingdom resources.... the samurai event as it is provides an excellent opportunity to procure large amounts of iron ore to compensate for what most of us aren't doing as much of in nomads.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 17.07.2017
    Lots of people in nomads prioritize the khan camp for its kingdom resources.... the samurai event as it is provides an excellent opportunity to procure large amounts of iron ore to compensate for what most of us aren't doing as much of in nomads.
    I would actually attack both Nomad Camps and Kahn Camps, but I think that the point is that we could use a break from getting attacked by Kahn when taunting him, Bloodcrows, and Foreigners as well which I think that is the more important reason than getting more iron ore from Samurai Camps. The problem that I was having with iron ore for example before this update is now in reverse and may have too much of it now especially with my level 21 and 22 iron mines along with my level 8 iron works and level 10 iron ore lab as well. lol. (And, yes I also now get tons of iron ore as from Robber Baron Castles, Nomad camps, and Samurai Camps as well in addition to now making a huge amount of 698.5 iron ore per hour at my main castle.)
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • I'm not interested in anything that triggers attacks. We already have enough simulated attacks. I had no interest in the new nomad mechanism either. I'm not a fan of what GGE has turned into. They've ruined a great game.
    It seems some mod with a Napoleon Complex likes deleting people's signatures. Get a life. I called you on your BS and you single me out. Again. Get a life.

Not buying a single ruby. Not feeding the gluttonous pig known as GGE. You have lost our trust!
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
    I'm not interested in anything that triggers attacks. We already have enough simulated attacks. I had no interest in the new nomad mechanism either. I'm not a fan of what GGE has turned into. They've ruined a great game.
    You're silly... You have to manually trigger the attack no matter how many times you hit the Khan camp. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    I'm not interested in anything that triggers attacks. We already have enough simulated attacks. I had no interest in the new nomad mechanism either. I'm not a fan of what GGE has turned into. They've ruined a great game.
    You're silly... You have to manually trigger the attack no matter how many times you hit the Khan camp. 
    Yes but do need more event functions require us to get attacked? To really do well in the event we need to get hit a lot.
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,066
    sorry was on holiday when the event took place are the hits strong or like fc hits?
    srong 6 waves hits with 3k and more and veery good comms , better than what most players will ever see in top alliances even top 10 , cause they use much more demon vets than normal

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • I have an idea where the samaurai camps are seen by everyone like regular castles.  They can move slowly from one end of the map to the other.  When you attack a camp, you gain control of it like another outpost.  It generates tokens at a set rate for you.  It can also launch a strong attack every so often, controlled by you against a player, and is anonymous.  You get to keep the loot from the attack.  Camps would not yield resources by themselves, but indirectly through looting players.
  • Shadow_21 (AU1)Shadow_21 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,370
    sorry was on holiday when the event took place are the hits strong or like fc hits?
    srong 6 waves hits with 3k and more and veery good comms , better than what most players will ever see in top alliances even top 10 , cause they use much more demon vets than normal
    ok i dont mind but whats the detect like with your standard lvl 10 wt cast 70% detect?
    are lime bombs needed or set ups are still pants?
    seems like its another event to waste def tools so more tokens wasted in by lbs @Herveus (AU1)

most of the attacks you just defend with slits...and WT and detect wont matter at all....you will always get around a 7-9 min detect.....since u know when its launching shouldn't matter

Made by me using word
                                                                 <======|===O*SHADOW*O=========>
    ok i dont mind but whats the detect like with your standard lvl 10 wt cast 70% detect?
    seems like its another event to waste def tools so more tokens wasted in by lbs @Herveus (AU1)

most of the attacks you just defend with slits...and WT and detect wont matter at all....you will always get around a 7-9 min detect.....since u know when its launching shouldn't matter
    ah ok think i get what you mean thats fine then so what do we get from defending the attack? 
    khan medals you can buy good shit with it

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now

ah ok think i get what you mean thats fine then so what do we get from defending the attack? 
    lol cheers  hate how i know nothing about the new event im gonna be left confused lol 
    get 10k deff minimum ready or you cannot fully play it

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now

lol cheers  hate how i know nothing about the new event im gonna be left confused lol 
    get 10k deff minimum ready or you cannot fully play it
    oh really manaaged to just get up to 10k def today lol, you mean spread out in green right and not all in one castle ?  
    I always keep at least 10k spread out in green but yes spread out for now and then once nomads come put all in 1 castle

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Kiwikiler95 (AU1)Kiwikiler95 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 419
    edited 23.07.2017
    best of luck loski i will add to this that the attacks from the first couple of levels all attacks i saw were pretty weak but then they start to get much stronger from level 88 and above allthough that was what i saw i could be wrong most attacks from the first couple levels will only attack one flank or the middle and have a pretty weak com 
    best of luck loski i will add to this that the attacks from the first couple of levels all attacks i saw were pretty weak but then they start to get much stronger from level 88 and above allthough that was what i saw i could be wrong most attacks from the first couple levels will only attack one flank or the middle and have a pretty weak com 
    I had a full 6 waver with 90/90 100 moat 100 wall 80 gate 60% cry at level 87 , if you attack them lots you get strong attack backs even at lower levels

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Kiwikiler95 (AU1)Kiwikiler95 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 419
    i think its random because 9 times out of 10 i had a pathetic attack heading my way but at level 88 one of my alliance mates had a 90/90 with 120 wall and gate and i think 80 moat 75 flank some front and some courtyard with over 3k troops this person hasnt been level 70 long and didnt stand a chance they got smashed
  • Judeling (US1)Judeling (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    Yes they get tougher as you level up Had no problem handling them early though so you will get a feel pretty quick.

But this is an alliance add on. So we made sure to have support stationed.
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 575
    edited 24.07.2017
    Yes they get tougher as you level up Had no problem handling them early though so you will get a feel pretty quick.

But this is an alliance add on. So we made sure to have support stationed.
    I'm in two minds re support for this...if everyone one is generating attacks I dont see it as either feasible or  desirable..you generate an attack you should be able to deal with it. HOWEVER having received a strong 6 wave attack and lost 2k troops (I was cocky and didnt check the comm) I think for some players - if not all -support might be needed ON OCCASION. 

ps i was defending with 90% res tools.
    Shares @ au 1
  • Judeling (US1)Judeling (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    I'm in two minds re support for this...if everyone one is generating attacks I dont see it as either feasible or  desirable..you generate an attack you should be able to deal with it. HOWEVER having received a strong 6 wave attack and lost 2k troops (I was cocky and didnt check the comm) I think for some players - if not all -support might be needed ON OCCASION. 

ps i was defending with 90% res tools.
    Several points. The stronger and more active players will be the ones generating the most attacks, It makes sense for them to receive support because they are the ones most likely to be supporting in the next event. Spreading Losses and shortens total recovery time. Non 70s should participate as they are receiving the benefits through the alliance awards. Offline utilization of assets.

Now this is a planned and distributed support effort. With Buddies and limits on totals. But it seems to have worked very well. The couple of times we had incoming we were able to support out of our mains because we were covered (something I try to have my people avoid (support out of Mains)). I will Note that it really upped the participation in defense criticism and led to much better outcomes in this round of Foreign Lords.  
  • LegendaryLia7 (INT1)LegendaryLia7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    edited 25.07.2017
    Goodgame has always been fond of copy/pasting their events, so I am expecting they will copy/paste the rage mechanic from the nomads unto the samurai. But even if there is only a slim chance that they will actually make nomads and samurai different to each other, I still wanted to make a suggestion and perhaps other players has some suggestions too.

What I'd like to see is making teamwork more of a focus in the samurai event. So imagine the samurai now spawn a speciel fortress camp outside every players main castle, where a samurai warlord resides. There will still be the 4 regular samurai camps that we will have to attack.

As we all know from movies and such, the samurai were pretty serious about preserving their honor. So as you are smashing the 4 regular samurai camps, the warlord starts getting pissed at your alliance. Let's say when a player gathers 10k samurai tokens, then they "trigger" the warlord. So to get payback the warlord starts sending attacks on this player. The number of tokens required to trigger the warlord could increase after each time, so as to not make the attacks too frequent and spammy. The player who is getting attacked will receive little or nothing from being attacked, so it would feel like a nuisance to them and as a result they would want to get rid of the fortress as fast as possible. To stop his attacks and drive him away temporarily, then you need the help of your alliance and let's say at least 5-10 players have to attack the samurai fortress that is attacking their alliance member to defeat it. The players who attacks the samurai fortress to stop his attacks, they will be rewarded with some sort of currency like the medals in the nomad event. The player who is being attacked would also be able to attack the fortress, so they count as the mimimum required number of players who have to attack the fortress. Just so it's not completely annoying to be attacked by the fortress. :)

Let's just say the fortress takes 10 attacks from the alliance to defeat it, but all 65 alliance members want to attack the fortress. Then they have to send their attacks on the fortress before the 10th attack lands to count and to get rewarded. But when the 10th attack lands, then you can't attack it until the next time. This would mean that you have to coordinate your attacks with your ally, so all the players who want to attack a fortress, they can send their attacks at roughly the same time.

I think this would be a fun mechanic as it would require teamwork and coordination. I could imagine how the chat would be brimming with talk of when and which fortress to attack. Thoughts? 
    Tell me, why would i want to loot 10k if all that happens is i get a little annoyed by theese small attacks that i cant control when they come, you see, the problem with this isnt the concept itself, but more that my alliance wont benefit off of this, them just hitting and hitting for a small reward wont really pay off in the end, along with me just getting pissed off constantly whenever i feel like being active, i'd rather stick with the nomad event to at least control when i get attacked.

Also, 10 hits? That could be done within a 4 minute timeframe for top 400 players if each server, each semi big ally has at least one of those, 10 hits is low compared to some, who attack with 21 comms at a time.
  • Goodgame has always been fond of copy/pasting their events, so I am expecting they will copy/paste the rage mechanic from the nomads unto the samurai. But even if there is only a slim chance that they will actually make nomads and samurai different to each other, I still wanted to make a suggestion and perhaps other players has some suggestions too.

What I'd like to see is making teamwork more of a focus in the samurai event. So imagine the samurai now spawn a speciel fortress camp outside every players main castle, where a samurai warlord resides. There will still be the 4 regular samurai camps that we will have to attack.

As we all know from movies and such, the samurai were pretty serious about preserving their honor. So as you are smashing the 4 regular samurai camps, the warlord starts getting pissed at your alliance. Let's say when a player gathers 10k samurai tokens, then they "trigger" the warlord. So to get payback the warlord starts sending attacks on this player. The number of tokens required to trigger the warlord could increase after each time, so as to not make the attacks too frequent and spammy. The player who is getting attacked will receive little or nothing from being attacked, so it would feel like a nuisance to them and as a result they would want to get rid of the fortress as fast as possible. To stop his attacks and drive him away temporarily, then you need the help of your alliance and let's say at least 5-10 players have to attack the samurai fortress that is attacking their alliance member to defeat it. The players who attacks the samurai fortress to stop his attacks, they will be rewarded with some sort of currency like the medals in the nomad event. The player who is being attacked would also be able to attack the fortress, so they count as the mimimum required number of players who have to attack the fortress. Just so it's not completely annoying to be attacked by the fortress. :)

Let's just say the fortress takes 10 attacks from the alliance to defeat it, but all 65 alliance members want to attack the fortress. Then they have to send their attacks on the fortress before the 10th attack lands to count and to get rewarded. But when the 10th attack lands, then you can't attack it until the next time. This would mean that you have to coordinate your attacks with your ally, so all the players who want to attack a fortress, they can send their attacks at roughly the same time.

I think this would be a fun mechanic as it would require teamwork and coordination. I could imagine how the chat would be brimming with talk of when and which fortress to attack. Thoughts? 
    Tell me, why would i want to loot 10k if all that happens is i get a little annoyed by theese small attacks that i cant control when they come, you see, the problem with this isnt the concept itself, but more that my alliance wont benefit off of this, them just hitting and hitting for a small reward wont really pay off in the end, along with me just getting pissed off constantly whenever i feel like being active, i'd rather stick with the nomad event to at least control when i get attacked.

Also, 10 hits? That could be done within a 4 minute timeframe for top 400 players if each server, each semi big ally has at least one of those, 10 hits is low compared to some, who attack with 21 comms at a time.

You would want to loot samurai tokens to get the usual rewards and to buy stuff in the samurai store like you always do. But it doesn't have to be samurai tokens that activates the new mechanic, it could be something new like they did with rage in the nomad event.

If you also read through the thread, then you'd know that I acknowledge that yet another mechanic that attacks the player would probably be too much for lesser active players. I concur that the samurai should have another mechanic besides some castle attacking the player. I then suggested speciel reinforcement camps that reinforce your regular camps, and then you'd need the help of your alliance to get rid of these reinforcement camps. But again it is just a suggestion, please contribute with your own ideas if you have some. Personally I'd want a mechanic that requires the help of your alliance.

And the 10 hits was an example, it would of course be necessary to finetune the required numbers of attacks needed. But I still think it should be a lowish number, since that would require players talk to each others and plan their attacks, so everyone could get an attack in. The whole point is that a few strong players shouldn't be all that is needed to do well in the new samurai mechanic, it should be necessary to engage the whole alliance to do well. For instance in the FI/bloodcrow event all you need is one active player and you can get all the alliance rewards. The samurai event needs just a few active players to get all the rewards. What I would like to see is an event, where you really need to have teamwork and plan your attacks with your alliance to do well. 
    MrKennyKRH lvl 800 @ skn 1
    @MrKennyKRH (SKN1) I like your idea and here is what I'd also do , the level that the special reinforcement camp first spawns at is depended on the average might points per player of the alliance (since alliance level doesn't say much) so that smaller alliances can also play that part of the event but obviously get less reward currency and I'd like it for a good alliance (let's say 400k mp average) starts with 50k deff in it and so on and casts get better and more troops each level but you should NOT get glory but something else and not new titles , maybe something that is donated to the alliance and the alliance can use it for new stuff like a 50% more coins looted for 1 hour booster ( just example could also have something like permanently 5% more exp) which I would really like and then maybe some variable that also checks alliance size because a solo player with 400k in his own alliance cannot wipe 50k troops so let's say x members needed or x might points
    before you can participate in the event and every level should be able to attack it.

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file