Changes that Ruined PVP

Changes that Ruined PVP

1. Timeskips:
Resources are now effectively infinite because you can repeatedly loot nomads/sammi.  Everyone has burned their resource buldings because they are pointless. You donate warehouse fulls to the funds during events. What does it matter if you can loot 80,000 stone from a castle? You could have just gotten it from skipped nomad hits for much less cost and risk.  What does it matter if you set a castle 100% on fire? He will repair it all in an hour by skipping repairs and get the necessary resources from skipped nomad or tower hits.

2. Capitol Event:
Timeskips made resources infinite, but kingdom resources were still valuable because NPCs didn't yield very much of it.  If you were strong in PVP you could have an advantage from the extra kingdom resources you could loot. With the capitol event, you can get large quantities of kingdom resources from NPCs, nullifying the advantage a PVP player had from looting kingdom resources from players.

3. Removal of Shipment Cost:
With the shipping losses, rare kingdom resources could be three times more valuable.  If you looted 20,000 glass on green, that represented 60,000 produced in fire.  Removal of shipping losses further reduced the advantage of a PVP player had from looting kingdom resources.

4. Higher Kingdom Resource production:
Before, kingdom resource production was very slow, and a PVP player's kingdom resource loot was very valuable and gave him an advantage.  With the extra production, the loot is less valuable and the advantage less.

5. Extra Kingdom Resource Loot From NPCs:
Now kingdom resources aro effectively infinite, just like regular resources are.  This last sammi event, I filled all the warehouses everywhere with iron, even storm.  Iron used to be extremely valuable.  A PVP player could loot 20,000 iron on a hit and that would give him an advantage because that represented many days of production.  Now that is just 5 sammi hits.

6. Removal of Loot Focusing and Loot Capacity:
Before, you could loot 60,000 and even 80,000 kingdom resources on a PVP hit. Now, if a castle is full of 80,000 glass and if you focus glass, you only get 20,000 glass. It is hardly worth the cost or risk for so little.

Comments

• To me that means bringing back a separate Pvp ONLY reward system, ie a type of PVP only system that works similar to glory, or gallantry. But is only collected by hitting real players.  The problem is that there is so many Shells in the game, I am not sure how you gonna do it. 

They could change honor, so you get honor based on how strong the opponent is. The strength of the castellan, the number of defense troops and how strong they are, defense tools, all those things would decide how much honor you get from an attack. Have honor decline in points like glory and gallantry, so you have more of a reason to keep attacking in PvP to keep a high honor.

MrKennyKRH lvl 800 @ skn 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10,891

To me that means bringing back a separate Pvp ONLY reward system, ie a type of PVP only system that works similar to glory, or gallantry. But is only collected by hitting real players.  The problem is that there is so many Shells in the game, I am not sure how you gonna do it. 

They could change honor, so you get honor based on how strong the opponent is. The strength of the castellan, the number of defense troops and how strong they are, defense tools, all those things would decide how much honor you get from an attack. Have honor decline in points like glory and gallantry, so you have more of a reason to keep attacking in PvP to keep a high honor.

Then honor has to be worth something I have 2.9k honor and I the only thing it does I need less 1% banners to get the seasonal points but not a huge difference. Not worth much and the reward for being 9th is 54 melee and ranged horrors and 54 or 52 dunno anymore breaching towers , if it were like 100 boulders I'd actually try to get more honor.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

• To me that means bringing back a separate Pvp ONLY reward system, ie a type of PVP only system that works similar to glory, or gallantry. But is only collected by hitting real players.  The problem is that there is so many Shells in the game, I am not sure how you gonna do it. 

Then honor has to be worth something I have 2.9k honor and I the only thing it does I need less 1% banners to get the seasonal points but not a huge difference. Not worth much and the reward for being 9th is 54 melee and ranged horrors and 54 or 52 dunno anymore breaching towers , if it were like 100 boulders I'd actually try to get more honor.

Yeah, everything that has to do with PvP has to be more rewarding. But we have been saying that for a long time now. It will be interesting to see what goodgame has in store for us in their next update, which will focus on PvP. Hopefully they have seriously considered our many suggestions on the forum.
    MrKennyKRH lvl 800 @ skn 1
  • MinosMinos Posts: 80
    Reward is the biggest factor I think, beyond "enjoyment" factor there is little reward for PVP and enjoyment is mostly one sided.
  • Minos said:
    Reward is the biggest factor I think, beyond "enjoyment" factor there is little reward for PVP and enjoyment is mostly one sided.
    No, fun for me is not one sided. I remembered being under attack and thinking "how can I defend? " And thinking how I could win this fight or how to save me troops. So I find it fun being under attack every once in a while. I can't really explain the feeling but being under attack is part of the game everyone should know how it feels. Also there is fun trying to get the other guy back.  ;)

NoMoreEvents

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10,891
    Minos said:
    No, fun for me is not one sided. I remembered being under attack and thinking "how can I defend? " And thinking how I could win this fight or how to save me troops. So I find it fun being under attack every once in a while. I can't really explain the feeling but being under attack is part of the game everyone should know how it feels. Also there is fun trying to get the other guy back.  ;)
    yes when I see a strong attack there is something like adrenaline and I think like how can I win with the least losses and piss the attacker of so he never comes back again :D

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • pjpj001 (NL1)pjpj001 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 22
    Start a war and make pvp allive again. 
    pjpj001 @ nl 1
  • ken.n and Minos got it right. The biggest thing that ruined PvP is fire casts. It took all enjoyment out of war and made it so winners of war are decided by who can bore out the other side quicker. This is something I'll give The Fight Team props for. I sent like 10-15 attacks a day at them for almost a year straight. I was defended maybe twice a month, gets pretty boring when you are going up against an empty castle 99% of the time. How much longer are you gonna waste your time attacking?

The other big thing is PvP hasn't been incentivised whatsoever in years. However, events continue to get heavily incentivised. The rewards for honor rankings hasn't changed since I started playing the game. For working my ass off to get first in honor I get a whopping 110 horrors and some belfries. The game has changed so much over the years, why are the prizes the same?

Alliance tournament hasn't been around in months. The only time you can get prizes from glory that isn't foreigners/bloodcrows is when there's a glory nobility contest, and the prizes for that are a joke. Now you can't even get decent loot from real players so there is basically no reason to attack a real player. You get way less loot, no rewards, risk losing way more troops and a lot of money in tools and get basically nothing in return. 
  • Start a war and make pvp allive again. 
    Before the increases in kingdom resources, I would look foreward to a flash war as an opportunity lo load up on kingdom resources.  I wished they could happen twice a week.  My development was accelerated compared to non-pvp alliances because I had an extra source of kingdom resources.

Now, a flash war is just a bother I would rather avoid.  It would gain me absolutely nothing.  I would loot a small amount of kingdom resources that can just be had in infinite quantities by me and everyone else.
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 26.07.2017
    The only point I see to pvp now a days is attacking weak players and/or alliances in the Great Empire or outer kingdoms outside of the Great Empire and especially if there is honor involved despite the fact that it is harder to defend in the outer kingdoms if there is going to be a retaliation. Now a days the only thing really useful for pvp is gaining honor or being at war which as others have pointed out fire casts could make it less fun and more boring when engaging in pvp during a time of war, but those boulders though are so expensive in rubies and hard to get however. You also can only get a few of them at a time from the mercenary camp as well which could take a while to collect enough boulders from the mercenary camp to even attack one player. All of us experienced players know that wooden bundles for example are too slow and not practical for pvp. Low level players can more easily gain honor, but it gets really difficult for level 70+ players though to gain honor.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    edited 26.07.2017
    There is another problem that I had just thought of when it comes to pvp and that is the Kahn's Revenge. To win even one flank when taunting Kahn you might need to use fire moats, melee tools, and/or arrow slits as well. However, like boulders tools for the fire moat and arrow slits are not easy to get in large numbers, unless if you are a ruby buyer and it may not be a good idea either to use up too many melee tools against Kahn, Foreigners, or Bloodcrows either since you might need to save some for pvp as well. I for example never use melee tools, arrow slits, or fire moats on Foreigners and Bloodcrows, but might have to use them on Kahn attacks which is a stimulation of real pvp in addition to player vs. player. Although I rarely get attacked by other players it is important to keep in mind that a lot of tools can be used up for the fire moat, arrow slits, and melee tools when taunting Kahn as well. Kahn's revenge is fun, but it would be even harder to successfully defend if boulders were made more easily available, but not for the fire moats and arrow slits. And so there are both pros and cons to making boulders easier to get. A pro to making boulders easier to get is that it might encourage more pvp, but a con is that is that it could make it harder to defend without making it easier to get fire moats and arrow slits as well and especially with their also being Kahn's Revenge.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    edited 26.07.2017
    There is another problem that I had just thought of when it comes to pvp and that is the Kahn's Revenge. To win even one flank when taunting Kahn you might need to use fire moats, melee tools, and/or arrow slits as well. However, like boulders tools for the fire moat and arrow slits are not easy to get in large numbers, unless if you are a ruby buyer and it may not be a good idea either to use up too many melee tools against Kahn, Foreigners, or Bloodcrows either since you might need to save some for pvp as well. I for example never use melee tools, arrow slits, or fire moats on Foreigners and Bloodcrows, but might have to use them on Kahn attacks which is a stimulation of real pvp in addition to player vs. player. Although I rarely get attacked by other players it is important to keep in mind that a lot of tools can be used up for the fire moat, arrow slits, and melee tools when taunting Kahn as well. Kahn's revenge is fun, but it would be even harder to successfully defend if boulders were made more easily available, but not for the fire moats and arrow slits. And so there are both pros and cons to making boulders easier to get. A pro to making boulders easier to get is that it might encourage more pvp, but a con is that is that it could make it harder to defend without making it easier to get fire moats and arrow slits as well and especially with their also being Kahn's Revenge.
    only fire moats are hard to get easy to get slits,mach,lbs for all castles/ops from mercenary camp and nomads
    You may have a point, but shield walls though are much easier to get currently than arrow slits where you can only get 5 arrow slits at most from a mercenary camp. Even 5 arrow slits really isn't that much and especially when you factor in Kahn's revenge and want to taunt Kahn a bunch of times. You can easily get buy bodkin arrows at 50% though for tablets, but they may not necessarily be the best for pvp or for against Kahn since the bonus for arrow slits is 70% instead of 50%. You can also get 5 boulders at most from the mercenary camp as well; although, it is unfortunately about twice as expensive in gold coins to get making it more difficult to get than even arrow slits.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986
    Only real reason I ever PvP anymore is to read the cry mail I get.  We loot less of everything now, so I can't feed a bunch of troops on PvP. Only thing I can do pretty much is tick people off.
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• Problem no. 1: GGS owns the game. 

Sign In to comment.