VPN & Rubies

Comments

• Thanks for the breakdown, I have no personal experience with this issue so I had no idea what the numbers looked like, but I usually don't trust statistics people give without a breakdown. #FakeNewsMedia

I'm not in Europe to be awake and at a keyboard during their business hours, so I miss a lot of the conversations they have. The ones that I've been specifically told are mostly kids.

The numbers being what they are, it seems a much bigger deal than originally made out to me to be, but regardless, we are already planning on starting a discussion with GGS on Monday to approach possible solutions to this problem.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234
    Thanks for the breakdown, I have no personal experience with this issue so I had no idea what the numbers looked like, but I usually don't trust statistics people give without a breakdown. #FakeNewsMedia

I'm not in Europe to be awake and at a keyboard during their business hours, so I miss a lot of the conversations they have. The ones that I've been specifically told are mostly kids.

The numbers being what they are, it seems a much bigger deal than originally made out to me to be, but regardless, we are already planning on starting a discussion with GGS on Monday to approach possible solutions to this problem.
    That answer sounds much better to me. Glad you now see why we're making a big deal about it. 

My favorite solution would be for them to lower the cost of some items in rubies. As much as I don't think this will ever happen. There isn't very much in this game that is reasonably priced. 

I definitely regret my spending on GGE. I don't think that's how it's supposed to be, I think I'm supposed to want to share the game with my friends and encourage people to join the game. I've never felt that way. If anything, I'm embarrassed to tell my friends I play this game. If that's how GGE thinks word-of-mouth works, so be it. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
  • In all honesty I'd love to see some things become more reasonably priced, but I doubt that happens.

With the gap as big as it is, I don't think they can feasibly raise prices to be equal either, though, because of how badly that would screw over some of the communities like Argentina in the example you provided. I think the approach they will go with, if any, is trying to limit peoples' ability to get around the system somehow, but not sure what that may entail
    Friedrich IV US1
    In all honesty I'd love to see some things become more reasonably priced, but I doubt that happens.

With the gap as big as it is, I don't think they can feasibly raise prices to be equal either, though, because of how badly that would screw over some of the communities like Argentina in the example you provided. I think the approach they will go with, if any, is trying to limit peoples' ability to get around the system somehow, but not sure what that may entail
    Blocking VPNs is obviously a start. Netflix had to do it when they were bleeding money too. 

With lowering prices, honestly, I'm 1000% sure I would spend more money if they did. So they don't need to lower the prices. I'll keep my money. Everyone wins. Right? Well. I'm sure I win in that situation, anyway. I've already spent enough on the game to never have to spend again if I don't feel like it. 

Raising prices in other countries to be up to par with countries like USA? No chance they do that. That's suicide. They'd kill multiple servers by doing that and therefore be killing their own revenue streams. 

I suppose it's possible to rehash ruby pricing so it's somewhere in the middle, that might be the fairest option. Probably a lot of work and not going to happen, though. 

I think what I would do is adjust the pricing of items in-game to be more appropriate based on how much a person pays for rubies. 

There is no reason it should cost 188 rubies to heal 1 Veteran Demon Horror on both USA and Argentina servers if Argentina's cost in dollars is significantly less per ruby. I can see it being worth 188 rubies on Argentina, with that pricing, sure. I mean, for 25 USD I could buy 180k rubies without a deal. Here, that gets me a mere 36,000 rubies. 188 rubies to heal a Vet to them is akin to spending 0.03 cents per troop. For me? .65 cents US per troop. Almost 22 times more expensive in USD.

This is using US pricing for the calculations because I use USD when I purchase rubies. For me, 36,000 rubies is $24.04 USD = $29.99 CAD. I'm on the Canadian shop because I live in Canada, but my server is based in USA so I get paid in USD. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
  • MinosMinos Posts: 80
    In all honesty I'd love to see some things become more reasonably priced, but I doubt that happens.

Blocking VPNs is obviously a start. Netflix had to do it when they were bleeding money too. 

With lowering prices, honestly, I'm 1000% sure I would spend more money if they did. So they don't need to lower the prices. I'll keep my money. Everyone wins. Right? Well. I'm sure I win in that situation, anyway. I've already spent enough on the game to never have to spend again if I don't feel like it. 

Raising prices in other countries to be up to par with countries like USA? No chance they do that. That's suicide. They'd kill multiple servers by doing that and therefore be killing their own revenue streams. 

I suppose it's possible to rehash ruby pricing so it's somewhere in the middle, that might be the fairest option. Probably a lot of work and not going to happen, though. 

I think what I would do is adjust the pricing of items in-game to be more appropriate based on how much a person pays for rubies. 

There is no reason it should cost 188 rubies to heal 1 Veteran Demon Horror on both USA and Argentina servers if Argentina's cost in dollars is significantly less per ruby. I can see it being worth 188 rubies on Argentina, with that pricing, sure. I mean, for 25 USD I could buy 180k rubies without a deal. Here, that gets me a mere 36,000 rubies. 188 rubies to heal a Vet to them is akin to spending 0.03 cents per troop. For me? .65 cents US per troop. Almost 22 times more expensive in USD.

This is using US pricing for the calculations because I use USD when I purchase rubies. For me, 36,000 rubies is $24.04 USD = $29.99 CAD. I'm on the Canadian shop because I live in Canada, but my server is based in USA so I get paid in USD. 

Hi @perryl (US1)
    Will this still not be a problem should people in Argentina play on US1 server? won't they be buying the same amount of rubies as they would on their own server but be paying a far lower price for the ruby item...? Thus making it unfair across different servers?

I may be wrong but that's the way i am imaging it...
    Minos said:

Hi @perryl (US1)
    Will this still not be a problem should people in Argentina play on US1 server? won't they be buying the same amount of rubies as they would on their own server but be paying a far lower price for the ruby item...? Thus making it unfair across different servers?

I may be wrong but that's the way i am imaging it...
    Yes. You're absolutely correct. In the event that people are allowed to purchase rubies in ARS on USA, this is still an issue. 

The question would still remain. Why is a user allowed to use ARS on US? If they have their own server, shouldn't they be bound to their own server? Maybe that's not ideal, but no solution really is. If people are bound to US but the prices of items in rubies are lowered then they have no reason to leave to Argentina to pay in ARS and buy the items for a higher ruby cost. They'd be spending the same amount on the game. 

This only remains an issue if people are allowed to continue paying in ARS to play on US, which is never going to be fair and should be stopped either way. 

My suggestion assumes that ruby prices are restricted to the server, proxies are blocked, and somebody capable is auditing logs. 

I'm quite certain that the query to run for searching all users paying in X currency is quite basic. 

On my server, when someone purchases our equivalent to rubies, they can pay in any currency they want to, but the ultimate price will be based on USD. If 100 dollars currency X is equal to 10 dollars American then they will pay 100 dollars in currency X to receive 10 dollars USD in virtual currency. 

I think it's immoral to operate a payment system that results in some people paying less for the same thing on the same server. 

I don't really care if people in Argentina pay less, but I do care that their cost appears to influence the cost of all ruby items. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,834
    I am a finance director for a large multinational company, where on a daily basis I make decisions on international pricing pricing between markets and regions / currencies etc.  so trust me I understand the difficulties in pricing for different markets / currencies etc.  I also understand the temptation to price significantly differently to different markets

But one thing remains clear if you sell in a virtual or real market.  IF you sell the same product to different people at different prices, you are taking a risk, and if people find out that this is happening you are in a world of pain.  As the first thing that happens is that your customers that have been paying the higher prices are going to feel is disrespected, and cheated that you would allow this to happen. The bond of trust that is built between customer and supplier is gone broken. The next thing is they are going to demand is the cheaper prices, or you are going to lose them as a customer.  Or you may just lose them as a customer directly if they are so unhappy.  

This is why pretty much every single company that i know are hugely careful in its regional pricing to ensure they cannot be caught in this prediciment. As the fallout could be catastrophic.  Of course there are regional variations / currency fluctuations etc.  But in general given we no live in a global marketplace, where people can buy from anywhere in any currency with little or no legislative restrictions.  

The reality is the cat is out of the bag, people know about this, a number of things WILL happen, 1) you will lose customers disgusted by the fact you as an organisation would have even considered such an unfair system, and are disgusted by the betrayal.

2) you will lose customer loyalty, reality is treat them like crap they lose respect / loyalty.

3) you devalue your brand, this is why the underlying value of the ruby is becoming devalued, NOT a few in game pennies !!!

4) Customers will demand lower pricing or they will walk.

5) as knowledge of the issue becomes more widespread more and more people will do it.  And the problem will grow exponentially. I guess you already starting to see this.

The reality is this is a problem of GGE's own making, its one that should never ever have happened.  Ignoring the problem because there is no easy solution is simply not an option, well it is an option, its an option that will lead to disaster.   Its a problem that shows how deep the disrespect GGS has for its customers actually go.  And how nieve they are on certain issues.  This kind of decision making is short term, a profiteering approach rather than a long term strategic approach.  Its the kind of decision made by companies that tend to hit the market  make a load of money quickly but then quickly go out of existance.  When you make decisions for the now not how it impacts the future this is what happens, GGE's philospohy is that £2 now is better than £1 a year for the next 10 years.  

I guess its a misunderstanding on how customers operate, I guess its the assumption that because the turnover of its customer base is pretty quick say Under 18 months, it doesnt matter how it treats its customers.  The customer wont be there in 2 years time so whats the point in making long term decisions we are better making a quick buck now fleecing them for all they are worth NOW rather than try to secure this customer for the long term.

The reality is the gaming industry is what 30+ years old, and has seen massive changes in technology during those times, so the sucessful companies have had to diversify and adapt in that time.  However fast paced the technology its very possible to build a brand, and build a loyal customer base, and make decisions for the longer term ensuring all corporate decisions do nothing to devalue that brand or devalue the hard earned customer base it has.  The reality is Empire has a finite shelf life,  but the goodgame brand could move forward into the future.  But decisions like this, like the GEM changes.  And any other number of changes that basically treat customers like dirt not valuing their worth to the business or their loyalty.  Will ensure that Goodgame will not have a brand, and will have no customer loyalty moving forward.  This kind of short term stratergy means that the future of the company will be determinind on its ability o find the next big thing once its milked its customers and its current products dry, and if it doesnt manage to find the next big thing it dies.  

The smart company doesnt operate like this it operates fair pricing, it treats its customers like people, it operates on the principle the better it treats is customers the more likely they are to come back again.  It operates good honest customer service, its honest when it makes a mistake it admits it, and tries its very best to rectify the issue, ensuring that no customer loses out.  It tries to minimise the impact of game changes, and ensures any changes that negativly impacts a player / group of players fully compensates them. And it realises the importance of each and every customer it has, knowing that customer could have the possibility of being a goodgame player for the next 40+ years it could introduce many many different new customers to the brand, friends / family etc. Over many years.   Customers loyal to a brand not only become customers they become salespeople, they reccomend and advocate the brand.  All for free.

If you treat customers like disposable pieces of garbage, if you constantly make decisions that alienate your customer base.   Making decisions that totally ignore the impact on them.  If your Idea of loyalty bonus's are to reward players that dont buy very often with cheaper prices and those customer s that do buy have to pay significantly more for the same thing, if you are happy to sell the same items significantly cheaper to some people whilst taking significantly more money for the same thing from your loyal unsuspecting customers.  If you are happy to watch certain players exploiting cheats in the game, whilst doing nothing to minimise the benefits of these exploits.  Despite knowing full well the negative impact it has on your loyal players.  Then you will only ever have a product, you will never ever build a brand, with a loyal customer base.  Brands can survive and evolve years into the future.  Products have a shelf life, and in this industry often a short shelf life.    

Philt123 @ en 1
    What's that saying? 

A happy customer will tell a friend, a pissed off one will tell everyone. 

Something like that. 

It's infinitely better word of mouth for a person to say "I've never heard of GGE" than it is for them to say "Oh, that game is a ripoff". Even better if they say "I loved that game, you should try it. I think you'll like it."

The most common word of mouth now is "abandon hope all ye who enter here". 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

• Lesky (AU1)Lesky (AU1) AU1 Posts: 105
    I did it, gge took my fun away lol.
    They will eventually catch up with people doing it, i know of lots who have been caught out.
  • Shadow_21 (AU1)Shadow_21 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,370
    They will eventually catch up with people doing it, i know of lots who have been caught out.

see there you took his "fun" away...implying it was fun when rubies were cheaper....and when its fun, people will buy more...all they need to do is lower the prices and more people will buy

Made by me using word
                                                                 <======|===O*SHADOW*O=========>
    I thought it was only restricted to children with no spending capacity. lol. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

I thought it was only restricted to children with no spending capacity. lol. 
    lol......they thought that because the ones they caught, weren't adults, they were teens....they were all starting on new bad servers....like china and those sort of things, and signed up using Argentina accounts there

Made by me using word
  • To be clear, I was not shown all the names we have, but a small portion of them from a single screenshot.

The several names I saw were involved were all players I know are kids.
    Friedrich IV US1
    To be clear, I was not shown all the names we have, but a small portion of them from a single screenshot.

The several names I saw were involved were all players I know are kids.
    yes in the screen shot you got, those few guy were kids....and they had just started on the Chinese server as i said

but it is clear that it wasn't just kids that cant buy doing....we have the proof right up there^^ when lesky admitted to doing it

Made by me using word
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,834
    The point is it should not be possible, it should never have been possible, it shows a total and utter disrespect for those customers paying higher prices.  And I would go as for to say contempt for those people.  

Yes regional pricing is an issue, and will always be an issue but this is not and never will be the answer.  trying to shut the door now is not the point it should not be possible period.  It quite simply should not be possible for there to be wildly differeing prices for the exact same thing on the exact same server.   GGE are living in a dream world if they honestly believe it was just the odd kid doing it PMSL you gotta laugh I am not sure its its just denial or they really are that nieve.

But truth is GGE are not interested until it hits their pocket, foolishly not realising that by that time the long term reputational damage is done.  Its like the thief that steals from you saying well i stopped as soon as you found out.  You not gonna say oh thats all right then frank dont worry about the £ million you have taken from me over the last 10 years, it doesnt matter, as long as you stopped now i found out dont worry about it !!!!!!!!!!

but its ok they stopped the pennies so that will address the devaluing ruby PMSL.  Try selling at the same price to everyone, scrapping the insane personal reward system, that gives a bonus the less frequently u spend, reward your real LOYAL players, with bonus's and actualy price your game realistically.

Take the current offer as an example, for £400 i can buy 13,420 horrors, that will give me 4 full armies, so that 4 full attacks, of troops regardless of which they will be dead in 48 hrs if i dont kill them on something they will starve.  Plus 4400 Banners yes I can banner 4 hits on a FI castle!!!  a whole 4 castles worth of banners.  plus a few thousand tools that i dont want or need.  Brilliant value for money I am sure you will all agree.  You will be lucky if an active player has anything left out of the £400 48 hrs after buying it!!!!

Or i can buy myself a xbox one with Fifa 2017 PLUS a 43 inch led TV with freeview all brand new.  Console and TV will last a good few years worth of entertainment. 

Go figure the prices just doesnt stack up, and you wonder why people are not buying them any more.  you guys need a reality check, you really do.  your insane Pricing added to your insane discounting methods (that are being abused) is whats slaughtering your sales!!!  come on its not rocket science!

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Mushroom :3 (US1)Mushroom :3 (US1) Posts: 377
    edited 18.07.2017
    GGS is sad, Fried is taking a lot of heat too lol.

He isn't a GGS employee, so even if he did go to the Devs and explain this to them, they wouldn't care. I mean you know a game is failing when the buying with real money part of the game is fucked up. This isn't fair to the multiple players who bought rubies with the original price.

It's fucked up.

P.S If anyone wanna see the discord screenshot, send me a PM <3, I might not respond quickly though, sooooooooooooooo patience lol.
    diaper boy @ USA
    onion god @ AU
  • Sorth121 (US1)Sorth121 (US1) US1 Posts: 199
    edited 19.07.2017
    Hey GGS, did you ever consider that the people living in poverty in the country, while they are not playing your POS game, are still included in the average GDP? I just checked and the average salary in Argentina, when changed to US dollars, is more than my current salary, so why do I have to pay so much more than them?

Also no offense intended to Friedrich, but I would kind of like to hear the perspective of someone who actually works for GGS. He keeps proudly stating he doesn't work for them, I would certainly make that clear in a time like this too, but if this is the case, then he is taking a bunch of BS that should be directed at someone who makes these terrible decisions that cheat all of us.
    Post edited by Sorth121 (US1) on
    MUFU Member

• Negan (CN1)Negan (CN1) Posts: 174
    edited 19.07.2017

Hey GGS, did you ever consider that the people living in poverty in the country, while they are not playing your POS game, are still included in the average GDP? I just checked and the average salary in Argentina, when changed to US dollars, is more than my current salary, so why do I have to pay so much more than them?

Also no offense intended to Friedrich, but I would kind of like to hear the perspective of someone who actually works for GGS. He keeps proudly stating he doesn't work for them, I would certainly make that clear in a time like this too, but if this is the case, then he is taking a bunch of BS that should be directed at someone who makes these terrible decisions that cheat all of us.
    Worst solution out of all of them. No money been spent then no more game!! You are basically saying you want GGE to shutdown.
    And its good to see that Friedrich is commenting on here, Info from here gets passed up to people in a higher position who can actually work things out and do something.
    Post edited by Friedrich IV (US1) on
    Negan @ CN1 

• Sorth121 (US1)Sorth121 (US1) US1 Posts: 199
    Worst solution out of all of them. No money been spent then no more game!! You are basically saying you want GGE to shutdown.

No game means no complaining about being ripped off/treated unfairly. I hardly see how that does not solve this problem. 
    MUFU Member

• TheBlueIcicle (US1)TheBlueIcicle (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199

No game means no complaining about being ripped off/treated unfairly. I hardly see how that does not solve this problem. 
    lol, the reason we're complaining is because we want to play this game...
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

retired I guess. or trying to be.
Sign In to comment.