We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Let's improve the samurai event too

Goodgame has always been fond of copy/pasting their events, so I am expecting they will copy/paste the rage mechanic from the nomads unto the samurai. But even if there is only a slim chance that they will actually make nomads and samurai different to each other, I still wanted to make a suggestion and perhaps other players has some suggestions too.

What I'd like to see is making teamwork more of a focus in the samurai event. So imagine the samurai now spawn a speciel fortress camp outside every players main castle, where a samurai warlord resides. There will still be the 4 regular samurai camps that we will have to attack.

As we all know from movies and such, the samurai were pretty serious about preserving their honor. So as you are smashing the 4 regular samurai camps, the warlord starts getting pissed at your alliance. Let's say when a player gathers 10k samurai tokens, then they "trigger" the warlord. So to get payback the warlord starts sending attacks on this player. The number of tokens required to trigger the warlord could increase after each time, so as to not make the attacks too frequent and spammy. The player who is getting attacked will receive little or nothing from being attacked, so it would feel like a nuisance to them and as a result they would want to get rid of the fortress as fast as possible. To stop his attacks and drive him away temporarily, then you need the help of your alliance and let's say at least 5-10 players have to attack the samurai fortress that is attacking their alliance member to defeat it. The players who attacks the samurai fortress to stop his attacks, they will be rewarded with some sort of currency like the medals in the nomad event. The player who is being attacked would also be able to attack the fortress, so they count as the mimimum required number of players who have to attack the fortress. Just so it's not completely annoying to be attacked by the fortress. :)

Let's just say the fortress takes 10 attacks from the alliance to defeat it, but all 65 alliance members want to attack the fortress. Then they have to send their attacks on the fortress before the 10th attack lands to count and to get rewarded. But when the 10th attack lands, then you can't attack it until the next time. This would mean that you have to coordinate your attacks with your ally, so all the players who want to attack a fortress, they can send their attacks at roughly the same time.

I think this would be a fun mechanic as it would require teamwork and coordination. I could imagine how the chat would be brimming with talk of when and which fortress to attack. Thoughts? 
MrKennyKRH lvl 800 @ skn 1

Comments

• Meh - where does the money for GGE come in? Make them pay rubies to stop the attack and GGE will implement this measure!
    fierydemon @ en 1
    Playing since 2013
  • Shadow_21 (AU1)Shadow_21 (AU1) Posts: 1,370AU1
    No, please no. Way too similar to the new nomads, even if it's a little different.

Anyway, I really don't think we need a change in samurai now that nomads is different. If there is a really great idea, then fine, but it shouldn't be forced. "If it ain't broke..."

if it aint broke....whats next :o

Made by me using word
                                                                 <======|===O*SHADOW*O=========>
    and yeah weve just had one new event, im happy with that, even if it isn't completely new, its a good add on and great progress for GGS...now that they have got original content out of there way they will be focusing on other updates

Made by me using word
  • No, please no. Way too similar to the new nomads, even if it's a little different.

Anyway, I really don't think we need a change in samurai now that nomads is different. If there is a really great idea, then fine, but it shouldn't be forced. "If it ain't broke..."

the saying is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" lol

TheBlueIcicle    US1

retired I guess. or trying to be.
  • Negan (CN1)Negan (CN1) Posts: 174
    Would love if they bought back the card game in it, loved how it was set out and we still got  decent rewards from it.
    Negan @ CN1 

No, please no. Way too similar to the new nomads, even if it's a little different.

the saying is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" lol

what if its really damaged...but not exactly broke? then what?

Made by me using word

• what if its really damaged...but not exactly broke? then what?
    ...Negan (CN1) said:
    Would love if they bought back the card game in it, loved how it was set out and we still got  decent rewards from it.
    I didn't like how chance-based it was...
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

yeah but the card game was preety fun....was suspenseful

Made by me using word
  • yeah but the card game was preety fun....was suspenseful

idk, I'm not into that kinda thing. Like to be able to know what is going to happen and be under control. Just gets frustrating after a while.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• MrKennyKRH (SKN1)MrKennyKRH (SKN1) Posts: 300
    edited 15.07.2017

I see what you are saying, but it's kinda hard to make everything completely unique when the basic gameplay is attacking and defending. There are only so many ways that you can go about doing it. Everything in this game is about attacking and or defending against some target.

Before the rage mechanic the nomad and samurai events were identical. With my suggestion about the samurai event, then both events would be much more different than they have ever been. The samurai event as it is now is not fun, at least to me. You are just attacking up to 4 camps during the whole event. It's grindy gameplay and personally I am only doing it for the rewards and the things I can buy in the shop. The gameplay itself is boring beyond belief. The changes I have suggested are what I would consider fun gameplay, where you have to talk to your ally and work together. Right now the game is just everybody grinding events by themselves, there is no teamwork necessary and it makes the game boring in the long run.

Meh - where does the money for GGE come in? Make them pay rubies to stop the attack and GGE will implement this measure!

Yeah, you are actually not wrong. Goodgame would never implement something into the game without some way of making some money from it. But this is just a suggestion for an update to the samurai event. Hopefully goodgame will look at this and maybe consider it. Of course they would change it to suit their style, so they can earn money somehow. The basic premise in my suggestion is also just that your alliance needs to attack a target together to accomplish the goal. Sorta like the berimond towers but a smaller scale and just for your alliance.
  • Judeling (US1)Judeling (US1) Posts: 109US1
    I could actually see the same mechanic used for Sami's if the camp never hit green.

Start in Ice Level to sands then fire repeat.
  • I just feel like this is too similar to new nomads...

If there was going to be a change - and I don't think changing samurai should be a focus of GGE's right now - I wouldn't want it to include another main camp that hit your castle. That's nomads.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 16.07.2017
    Is the Samurai Invasion boring the way it is now? It may be to some people ,but on the other hand we could use a break from getting attacked at the main castle as well. Those attacks from Kahn for example are really strong plus you got to be able to defend from Foreigners and Bloodcrows as well which may still be much weaker than Kahn attacks, but with more losses now with the Kahn's Revenge being included from taunting I would think that it may make more sense to give us more time to strengthen our defenses during the Bloodcrow, Samurai, and Foreign Invasions before we encounter Kahn's revenge again. Not to mention that you have to reach page 3 as well if you really want those veteran flame bearers and composite bowmen as well which may be needed for Kahn attacks and including something that includes attacks from Samurai as well would make it even harder to defend. Do not forget as well that when you taunt Kahn you may need to use your best tools against him as well which would get used up more quickly when including attacks from Samurais as well. Tools for melee, fire moats, and arrow slits for example are not easy to get since fire moats are only available in small amounts to get from the mercenary camp, tools for melee may be harder to get now during Nomad Invasions because of the 5% flags and new decoration as well while the new decoration in the Samauri  Invasions would make it harder to get biter nails for the same reason, and arrow slits can be expensive in gold coins to get when they are available. There is another alternative to this of spending rubies for arrow slits and fire moat, but this can be expensive as well and the people who buy such tools with rubies are more likely to be ruby buyers and especially since we apparently can not get lucky pennies anymore. I do enjoy the new Kahn's Revenge, but the point is that we might need to use our best tools on them and not just for pvp anymore. 
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • MrKennyKRH (SKN1)MrKennyKRH (SKN1) Posts: 300
    edited 16.07.2017
    @David Noble (US1)

That is a good point, I didn't consider that. Yeah it might be too much if every event attacks you, and could maybe drain some players too much of defenders and tools.

Alternative suggestion:
    What about this then, when you gather enough tokens to piss off the warlord, then he could send a reinforcement camp to your main castle. While the reinforcement camp is outside your castle, then your regular samurai camps are much stronger than before. Better troops and stronger defense tools. To get the reinforcements camp to leave, then you have to get help from your ally and at least 5-10 players have to attack the reinforcement camp to get it to leave temporarily. Give some nice rewards for attacking the reinforcement camp, so players look forward to them spawning. Thoughts?
    Post edited by MrKennyKRH (SKN1) on
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) Posts: 1,366US1
    I'd suggest that the samurai shouldn't attack attack the player but rather a few npc castle spawn just for the event.
    Every alliance would have a few npc castle spawn. You could either defeat the attackers camp or help defend the attack...
    But really the Khan event drains enough defenders and tools as it is.
    So perhaps have it set up so that we don't need to spend our own defenders or tools.
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

lets just leave sammys how it is....GGE have bought out some new content lets be happy about  that :)  no chance they will bring out more in event form anytime soon...also we definitely don't wont an update to be too similar to the recent nomad one....cause A that is to many events attacking us and B it will be boring, nomads and sammys aren't the exact same any more, there are different reasons to look forward to each of them....and easier to pick a favourite

Made by me using word
  • Taggart (US1)Taggart (US1) Posts: 548US1
    The thing is, while Nomads and Samurais are not the same anymore, Samurais kinda lack content compared to Nomads. Although I think that bringing back the card game is very interesting, I think they should add a special camp ('Samurai Warlord's camp') that has an incredibly strong defense (we're speaking 5k soldiers here) and give lots of rewards when defeated, with a chance of launching an attack once per event (kinda like foreigners). I'm not quite sure if this is a good idea, but something along those lines would definitely be cool.

^ reached at level 18.
    Taggart @ US1. Level 50 Count Palatine, the Shieldcrusher, 120k MP, proud denier of buying rubies, proud member of Excalibur Echo, proud forum community member.
    Taggart @ Int3

I'm the Sandravlc from ye olde days. Been here since 2014...
    Frenemy of Graycat since 2015

• i would like if the card game returned i remember getting some good prizes from it like 18k rubies once i think you could win 24k from it or 350 horrors or pieces of the samurai com which isnt that great anymore but i would prefer if they did anything new to make a powerful warlord camp that we can attack it will be harder than normal camps and give better prizes than the normal camps wether that is a new special currency like the khan medals or heaps of coins and rubies or a free crack at the card game or something it would be nice to have something new with the sams 
  • Personally, I would just like new rewards. Keep the same event but add new rewards like new commander/castellan sets or new tools/troops. Or a new deco to food items.
Sign In to comment.