We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Long-time player? Let me know what you remember.

Comments

• Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,723
    When you would purchase X number of months of VIP time and it wasn't split between points and time.

There was no such thing as constant credit-card-troop-replenishment.

Events were something to look forward to, because they occurred infrequently as a tangent to the pvp-based game (as opposed to now where pvp is a tangent to GGE's more ruby intensive pve-based game).
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • I remember when understanding battle mechanic is good enough for a povo players like me to beat ruby players, 10+ levels up with vets def. with just barrack 5 troops.
  • jinx1 (AU1)jinx1 (AU1) Posts: 67AU1

When there were good ruby offers for cheap prices. 

We Had bear warrior troops in beri that came over to Green after event finished. An could steal Honor:)

• When wood cutters were yellow
    Stone quarry's were purple
  • Shadow_21 (AU1)Shadow_21 (AU1) Posts: 1,370AU1

ooo yes the old berri troops, I loved them they were so weird...they looked weird, and I liked that they came back...I managed to keep 1 of each once the new update to berri happened...and I had them for ages until I restarted my account

I also remember within the last few months I think it was I found a FL with them in there

Made by me using word
                                                                 <======|===O*SHADOW*O=========>
  • When samurai event didn't have a shop
    Non-Ruby buyer Lv 57 164k Power 
  • KingChampion (ASIA1)KingChampion (ASIA1) Posts: 2,107ASIA1
    when you could get top 100 for foreigners with 75k glory

Still can.

Go play Asia1...............

To get top 100 now in Asia you need about 150k glory...  :D

maybe better to say China1 (i think it's Asia 2 LOL) 
    There with 75k glory i think you're in top 50 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ooo yes the old berri troops, I loved them they were so weird...they looked weird, and I liked that they came back...I managed to keep 1 of each once the new update to berri happened...and I had them for ages until I restarted my account

I also remember within the last few months I think it was I found a FL with them in there

Yeah, I've also seen the occasional FC/BC that uses them. Would be nice to see those come back...
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

retired I guess. or trying to be.
  • Or when Spies took about a year to travel and come back
    Or when the barterer came around or the crappy merchant that sold sucky boxes for 150 rubies
  • I remember the maximum level being just level 60. And the highest glory title being the "terrible"
  • KingChampion (ASIA1)KingChampion (ASIA1) Posts: 2,107ASIA1
    When there weren't so many "babies" in game
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Breor (US1)Breor (US1) Posts: 238US1
    I have to agree with all those comments about the PVP/event balance in the game.
    Breor @ USA 1
    Search for "Breor47" on YouTube
    Forum likes validate me.
  • Taggart (US1)Taggart (US1) Posts: 548US1
    I remember how the farms, stone quarries, woodcutters and dwellings looked all fuzzy. I remember woodcutters having bright yellow roof and stone quarries having a purple roof :P

I also remember when owning a capital had actual value, Kingsguards were the most powerful troop in the game XD

Research was also a big thing... only available from level 39 and there was only 1 level of the research tower

^ reached at level 18.
    Taggart @ US1. Level 50 Count Palatine, the Shieldcrusher, 120k MP, proud denier of buying rubies, proud member of Excalibur Echo, proud forum community member.
    Taggart @ Int3

I'm the Sandravlc from ye olde days. Been here since 2014...
    Frenemy of Graycat since 2015

• When the max level was 60 xD
    fierydemon @ en 1
    Playing since 2013
  • Getting honor from defending.
    Old login bonus.
    First one I remember was a 7 day repeating pattern it was replaced by nine little cards we could pick...
    I wish we could go back to the latter version. The newest version isn't improved.
    Honor for defending would be cool, but sadly that's so abusable and that's almost surely why they took it out. Like many other things that they take out or change. 
    For our alliance (we were never more than 37 members) when they removed our ability to take honor and reduced glory for defense to nearly nothing THAT was when we stopped defending and started building fire casts. We didn't abuse it, we thrived on it. We would defend 24/7 back then. Not now. The incentive has continued to deteriorate.

I remember when wars could be won; I remember when we could buy 3,6, and 12 month packages for under $100 that gave us bonuses we preferred more than the Kings Market.; I remember the 3am texts to rally troops 4-5 times a week. 
    It seems some mod with a Napoleon Complex likes deleting people's signatures. Get a life. I called you on your BS and you single me out. Again. Get a life.

Not buying a single ruby. Not feeding the gluttonous pig known as GGE. You have lost our trust!
  • Taggart (US1)Taggart (US1) Posts: 548US1
    Getting honor from defending.
    Old login bonus.
    First one I remember was a 7 day repeating pattern it was replaced by nine little cards we could pick...
    I wish we could go back to the latter version. The newest version isn't improved.
    Honor for defending would be cool, but sadly that's so abusable and that's almost surely why they took it out. Like many other things that they take out or change. 
    For our alliance (we were never more than 37 members) when they removed our ability to take honor and reduced glory for defense to nearly nothing THAT was when we stopped defending and started building fire casts. We didn't abuse it, we thrived on it. We would defend 24/7 back then. Not now. The incentive has continued to deteriorate.

I remember when wars could be won; I remember when we could buy 3,6, and 12 month packages for under $100 that gave us bonuses we preferred more than the Kings Market.; I remember the 3am texts to rally troops 4-5 times a week. 
    Indeed... the PvP in this game died down 1,5 or so years ago, with players being too distracted by Nomads, Foreigners and their counterparts.

^ reached at level 18.
    Taggart @ US1. Level 50 Count Palatine, the Shieldcrusher, 120k MP, proud denier of buying rubies, proud member of Excalibur Echo, proud forum community member.
    Taggart @ Int3

I'm the Sandravlc from ye olde days. Been here since 2014...
    Frenemy of Graycat since 2015

• crobins1 (US1)crobins1 (US1) Posts: 600US1
    i miss the days when a spy report would show you how many tools were on a wall
  • Shadow_21 (AU1)Shadow_21 (AU1) Posts: 1,370AU1

you mean like how it still does??? right of troops, below casteleen and left of number of farmers or militia....it sasy number of tools

Made by me using word
                                                                 <======|===O*SHADOW*O=========>
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,826AU1

you mean like how it still does??? right of troops, below casteleen and left of number of farmers or militia....it sasy number of tools

no , how it also said how deep slits where

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
Sign In to comment.