Home Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Noticed not all hero bonuses go past equipment limits

I have noticed that not all hero bonuses go past equipment/gem limits.  For example I have a hero that gives 15% more deception but its not allowed to go beyond the 90% limitation of equipment, even though I should see 105%.  However my 29% more range VS NPC hero's is counted and added beyond the limitations thus becoming 119%.  So question is this glitch that the deception hero is not being added or is there a limit to certain hero bonuses?  

Comments

• Shadow_21 (AU1)Shadow_21 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,370
    hmmm very strange, can you send some scrrenshots of this? because yeah normally heros stats dont go towards total cap

Made by me using word
                                                                 <======|===O*SHADOW*O=========>
  • I think the Op is right, if the hero went above cap for the above commander it should say total bonus is 104.2 detect, like the first one with a NPC range hero shows total range for comm is 115%.

• Only 2 stats that don't seem to work are Late Detect and Glory as seen above. Tested heroes with extra wall, gate, moat, fires, destroy and they all show the correct total including the hero above cap. Only stat I couldn't test is speed, I don't have a speed hero for NPC or Castle Lords to test on a max speed comm to see if it goes above cap.

• I thought so, GGE needs to explain that as that seems unfair that speed and late detect heroes are not given the same treatment as the others.  
  • I have a speed commander so I will check it out.
  • Bumping this thread for Monday morning because it is true, some of these heroes aren't going above caps like they are supposed to. We need a response from BM to know GGE will look into this bug
  • No problem, I felt it needed to be mentioned.
  • I thought so, GGE needs to explain that as that seems unfair that speed and late detect heroes are not given the same treatment as the others.  
    wall also, NPC COMMS cannot for me go past 120 NO MATTER WHAT, yet, range mellee speed etc all ALLL go past their max...
  • Negan (CN1)Negan (CN1) Posts: 174
    I have noticed that with heroes things go past their max level.... Think this is how it is suppose to be. Hero was always added in just didnt show like it does now.
    Negan @ CN1 

• I have noticed that with heroes things go past their max level.... Think this is how it is suppose to be. Hero was always added in just didnt show like it does now.
    No, for example.. new update

max out 80% speed for a slot.. 
    add a +15% speed for NPC  or something. watch the time go from 10min to 8min..
    hence, the speed just reached ABOVE 80%...
    Then just to double check, use your original hero from level 1 25% speed, and it will go higher..
    and say speeed 105%
    now max out the wall at 120%
    Add NPC wall comm.. watch the RBC wall settings.. so my RBC had 35% with 120% fully maxed wall.. no com.
    Added 38% Reduce NPC wall.. 
    Heros go over, wall will be reduced to 0% life is good right?
    nope
    Wall stays 35%. Swapped a PVP Com, other NPC wall speed comms, wont NUDGE/

Late detect, comm 30% plus 60% equipment equals 90% and this cannot GO OVER but speed will.. 
    Very strange, range and melee work now and before update , the old update never showed CY comm bonus effecting the stats and still doesn't now. But 90% range Com, + 10% CL com, the soldiers power on the waves shoot up.. that is something that happened in both updates, now it just SHOWS us more colorfully on the chart.. Which is more damn confusing, not to mention HOL not showing loot, or travel cost reduction under the BADGE when hovered over via mouse,,
  • arcana (INT1)arcana (INT1) INT1 Posts: 19
    i noticed already too
    that some hero values don't go past the max as they supposedly should

before gge did the update i was using a comm with wall over 120 thanks to hero and so i could use fewer ladders in samurais/nomads making room for more wood shields on those needing more - but after the update i cannot do that anymore, 2 heroes with wall values on them contribute absolutely nothing to lowering wall on npc targets as they should - cause of knowing gge and their forgeting to mention certain things in updates and also the many bugs i simply replaced heros with some that actually does help with attacking
    arcana @ WWW 1
  • I have noticed that with heroes things go past their max level.... Think this is how it is suppose to be. Hero was always added in just didnt show like it does now.

Yes, heroes are supposed to go over caps still. The opener pointed out, and is right that certain perks like detect and glory on a hero ARE NOT going over cap like they should be, screen caps of this I shared early in thread. detect and glory are not working properly for sure, only one I could not test is speed because I have no increased speed heroes to test with
  • Hi guys,

We resolved an issue recently with Heroes wall bonus on NPC targets not being able to go over the cap, it was suggested at the time that this might also affect other stats. Quite recently this issue was raised by our moderator teams and I currently have the issue up for investigation, once we have got some clarity on exactly what is occurring here I'll be back with more info for you.

Thanks for your patience whilst we look into this matter  <3

- Manta
    “People don’t think it be like it be, but it do.”
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 634
    @Manta Birostris perhaps this helps:

I had a commander where the hero did go over the cap, until I added a gem.
    The gem should add 10% to the wall weakening bonus, but the only thing it did was reducing it by 2%.
    So adding a gem actually made the wall weakening bonus worse than it was without the gem.

Dutch to English translation of key terms appearing in the pictures:
    muurbescherming = wall protection
    muurverzwakkingsbonus = wall weakening bonus
    NPC-doelwitten = NPC-targets
    vermindert = reduces
    vijandelijke = enemy's

Wiglema (NL1)
  • Hi guys,

We resolved an issue recently with Heroes wall bonus on NPC targets not being able to go over the cap, it was suggested at the time that this might also affect other stats. Quite recently this issue was raised by our moderator teams and I currently have the issue up for investigation, once we have got some clarity on exactly what is occurring here I'll be back with more info for you.

Thanks for your patience whilst we look into this matter  <3

- Manta

Thank you, as far as I can tell its just heroes with late detect and glory, all others clearly show the stat going above the cap. The only perk Im not sure of is speed, I have no speed heroes to put on a max speed comm to see if it goes above 80.
  • It looks like once u ad the gem with -10% wall bonus to the set the max bonus of 120% wall occurs with the hero. If you take out that gem and use the wall bonus hero it goes past that. 

• @Wiglema (NL1), @SaintDevil (US1), @DHDF22 (US1),

Thanks for the extra information and all those great images and translations guys! You really are making my job a lot easier with how helpful you're being :blush:

I have forwarded everything on to the team looking into this matter, (the gem thing will probably need a bit of extra investigating in it's own right) but for the equipment caps we are currently trying to clarify if the effect isn't working at all, or if it is simply that it is appearing it's not working. Either way I'll be sure to come back with updates once I have some concrete information!

- Manta 
  • Manta BirostrisManta Birostris Bugwatch Posts: 175
    edited 03.08.2017
    Hiya again folks!

Just a quick update for you on this matter. Thanks to all the great information provided by you guys we were able to get the issue with NPC caps investigated and the matter now rests with the relevant team who will work on providing a resolution. 

Thanks for being awesome and all the help you gave us <3 

- Manta
Sign In to comment.