Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Message filtering

This is a simple idea. Just add a filter to enable or disable messages like battle reports spy reports etc.

Comments

• BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,148
    Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • It's not so simple like it seems
  • seems good idea, and i vote yes to have filter in messaging 
    because of in war time when we go for offline, then we get lot of battle reports or spy reports and we are loosing important msgs from other players

so we it is good to separate the players msgs from battle msgs
    Bobi124Player @ WWW 1
  • IF updates are made to mailbox system may I also suggest either the ability to delete all mail, including battle reports while we have the report open instead of only from main mailbox screen so we aren't deleting incoming msg's or the wrong thing when we try to delete something at the same time as new mail comes in? Another idea to completely get rid of this annoyance is for no new mail/reports to come in until we close inbox
  • AND why cant you write KILL its a war game!!

• benja084 (ES1)benja084 (ES1) ES1 Posts: 9,678
    Total support, it is very annoying to have 50 messages that are sent by the ally about nomads i.e. Literally in a hour my mailbox is totally filled up with messages about events, and don't even mention when my alliance is in war.

Also in samus and nomads, when you spy them the spy reports collapses the military section of the mail, deleting most important reports. It would be better to have ONLY the report a side of the enemy castle or campament and not the message with the spy report.

Greetings

cat

"There is no such a thing as an empty space or an empty time. There is always something to see, something to hear"
    "To pay attention, that is our endless and propper work"

"No existe tal cosa como un espacio vacío o un tiempo vacio. Siempre hay algo que ver, algo que oír"
    "Prestar atención, ese es nuestro interminable y apropiado trabajo"
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
    AND why cant you write KILL its a war game!!

It's funny because you can't write "skill" either. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • benja084 (ES1)benja084 (ES1) ES1 Posts: 9,678

You can't write parapet either, because the system reads it as "parapet"

In spanish we can't say economy, because it's  "economía" and "cono" means "cone" (duh).

It's a very stupid rule that you can't say those words, because everyone does simply replace one letter by a $ or a @ and that's it.

I really hate the message system.
    cat

"There is no such a thing as an empty space or an empty time. There is always something to see, something to hear"
    "To pay attention, that is our endless and propper work"

"No existe tal cosa como un espacio vacío o un tiempo vacio. Siempre hay algo que ver, algo que oír"
    "Prestar atención, ese es nuestro interminable y apropiado trabajo"
  • Shadow_21 (AU1)Shadow_21 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,370

the main thing that annoys me with the message sytem is I wite soemthign like this

"yeah its nice isn't it....it will be better though"  that's an example

and the system will see... isn't i(t....it) will   and will say im not allowed to write tit

Made by me using word
                                                                 <======|===O*SHADOW*O=========>
  • AND why cant you write KILL its a war game!!

You can't write parapet either, because the system reads it as "parapet"

In spanish we can't say economy, because it's  "economía" and "cono" means "cone" (duh).

It's a very stupid rule that you can't say those words, because everyone does simply replace one letter by a $ or a @ and that's it.

I really hate the message system.
    I can type any bad word in my language like srange(shit),jebiga(fuck) etc. So when I'm talking to someone who knows my language and there are a lot of those on int one I can swear all I want.
  • Honestly I support pretty much everything in this thread, when you're in a big or at least very active alliance you don't really care about the 6th nomad camp your buddy destroyed today, and you don't care about the spy report you got about a person 20 levels below you, but those still wipe out more important reports. The addition of a filter or togglable feature would be quite nice.

On the chat filter, it really just doesn't work because it essentially makes people who are raging just even more angry, if you're mad and you type something, not being able to say it makes it even worse, it's incredibly easy to bypass the filter and all it's now doing is disrupting innocent and casual conversation.
  • Negan (CN1)Negan (CN1) Posts: 174
    This is a simple idea. Just add a filter to enable or disable messages like battle reports spy reports etc.
    Not simple.

You block out that you dont want battle reports you miss out on the inportant ones too.

Every alliance should have in place that only certain battle reports can be sent. EG hits that got 200k+ glory. Or NPC hits that got you an Amazing peice.
    If this is in place you shouldnt have the problem about logging on to a ton of unnessacary reports.
    Negan @ CN1 

• Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
    IF updates are made to mailbox system may I also suggest either the ability to delete all mail, including battle reports while we have the report open instead of only from main mailbox screen so we aren't deleting incoming msg's or the wrong thing when we try to delete something at the same time as new mail comes in? Another idea to completely get rid of this annoyance is for no new mail/reports to come in until we close inbox
    It needs to link to a game gmail account so that no mail can ever be deleted. Then we can sort all the mail by priorities!  And have a recycle bin so we can double check deleted mail!

I tried to write "sparse" today as in "the server seems pretty sparse" and it wouldn't let me, accusing me of writing "arse."

Another game I play allows us to turn the child's filter off. That's nice.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • This is a simple idea. Just add a filter to enable or disable messages like battle reports spy reports etc.
    Not simple.

You block out that you dont want battle reports you miss out on the inportant ones too.

Every alliance should have in place that only certain battle reports can be sent. EG hits that got 200k+ glory. Or NPC hits that got you an Amazing peice.
    If this is in place you shouldnt have the problem about logging on to a ton of unnessacary reports.
    Not really in top 5 aliances it's possible because you rarely have new players but in smaller ones you have new players that want to prove themselves so they send ten million reports and there's always those players who ignore that and send the reports anyway.
  • Shadow_21 (AU1)Shadow_21 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,370
    Not simple.

Not really in top 5 aliances it's possible because you rarely have new players but in smaller ones you have new players that want to prove themselves so they send ten million reports and there's always those players who ignore that and send the reports anyway.
    that why u boot them :)

Made by me using word
                                                                 <======|===O*SHADOW*O=========>
  • Not really in top 5 aliances it's possible because you rarely have new players but in smaller ones you have new players that want to prove themselves so they send ten million reports and there's always those players who ignore that and send the reports anyway.
    That's when you start what would basically be a "swear jar" but for spam reports lol. Every time someone shares some crap report they shouldn't you make them donate 100 rubies to alliance funds, they'll either learn or quit alliance pretty quick hahaha
  • well I'm not leader in my alliance lol
Sign In to comment.