Home Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

HOL 50% npc loot bonus isnt working.

hey,

i found out you guys sneaked in this npc looting without telling us..... not really fan of it but because of next update i understand it.  only it is NOT working! i attacked samurai before i spent the points it was 6k wood/stone 14k food. after I spent the points it was roughly the same. at elast not a 50% increase.
sarah1 @ 7

Comments

• perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
    hey,

i found out you guys sneaked in this npc looting without telling us..... not really fan of it but because of next update i understand it.  only it is NOT working! i attacked samurai before i spent the points it was 6k wood/stone 14k food. after I spent the points it was roughly the same. at elast not a 50% increase.
    I'll hazard a guess here and say they've changed it to not work against players but haven't implemented the change to make it work vs NPCs, and that it will work in a few days when that update is applied. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • Kiwikiler95 (AU1)Kiwikiler95 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 419
    I also have noticed it isnt working hopefully it does when the update takes place if it doesnt then oh well 10 more legendary points but with the new update you probably wont need it that badly you can loot so much kingdom res from towers some nomd camps give over 4k iron most of them give about 1-2k iron and the towers in the outers give about 1-1.5k charcoal/oil/glass
  • Shadow_21 (AU1)Shadow_21 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,370
    hall only applies to other thigns with legendary levels....NPCs do not have legendary levels, therefor making no difference to them...so basically it will only work against level 70 players....now correct me if im wrong, but that is what I thought the case was

Made by me using word
                                                                 <======|===O*SHADOW*O=========>
  • sarah1 (INT2)sarah1 (INT2) INT2 Posts: 123
    hall only applies to other thigns with legendary levels....NPCs do not have legendary levels, therefor making no difference to them...so basically it will only work against level 70 players....now correct me if im wrong, but that is what I thought the case was
    no some HOL bonusses work against legic players others work against npc and others work always. this one should work against npc only. 

http://prntscr.com/fqyy66 this one works only for npc
    http://prntscr.com/fqyyat this one works only for legic players
    http://prntscr.com/fqyyfe this one works always
    sarah1 @ 7
  • Kage (ASIA1)Kage (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,943
    no some HOL bonusses work against legic players others work against npc and others work always. this one should work against npc only. 

http://prntscr.com/fqyy66 this one works only for npc
    http://prntscr.com/fqyyat this one works only for legic players
    http://prntscr.com/fqyyfe this one works always
    These things doesn't apply to your enemy, i mean is working only for your army to get fast back home that's it.. and the spyes too.
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/336510/update-new-event-mechanic-kingdom-resources-and-a-lot-more-05-07-2017

you're a few days early to be complaining. update is set for july 5th, not july 3rd. As of right now HoL should be functioning as normal, in 2 days it should be functioning differently
  • https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/336510/update-new-event-mechanic-kingdom-resources-and-a-lot-more-05-07-2017

you're a few days early to be complaining. update is set for july 5th, not july 3rd. As of right now HoL should be functioning as normal, in 2 days it should be functioning differently

But they are right, the wordage on the perk has changed already. It 100% did not say vs NPC targets before.

I don't remember if it said Castle Lords before, or if it just said increased loot. If it did not specify castle lords before it may have worked on both NPC and castle lords, meaning if they changed it to NPC only we will not see an incrase in our NPC looting from it because it was already there.

My memory is chit but I think it did say vs castle lords (only) before though

im pretty sure it was like most other skills and "only applies in relation to castle lords with a legendary level" so it only worked against other level 70s i know it never said anything about npc until now
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/336510/update-new-event-mechanic-kingdom-resources-and-a-lot-more-05-07-2017

They've already changed it to not work against players, but we're not sure if it's actually working against NPCs. Like D said, if it was always that way then we won't notice a difference. However, Kiwi hit before upgrading the skill and then upgraded the skill and hit again and got a similar return. Suggesting they didn't receive the 50% increase they expected. 

Personally, not wasting hall points on that anymore. I have way better things to use my hall points on. 
    perryl @ USA1 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/336510/update-new-event-mechanic-kingdom-resources-and-a-lot-more-05-07-2017

They've already changed it to not work against players, but we're not sure if it's actually working against NPCs. Like D said, if it was always that way then we won't notice a difference. However, Kiwi hit before upgrading the skill and then upgraded the skill and hit again and got a similar return. Suggesting they didn't receive the 50% increase they expected. 

Personally, not wasting hall points on that anymore. I have way better things to use my hall points on. 
    im not sure how much longer i will keep the 5 finger discount skill for i will keep it for a bit so i can loot more iron from nomads then get rid of it once my graneries and hol are upgraded more i have a lot of catching up to do on those buildings which is why i invested points into the skill in the first place

I don't think that they have changed the actual function yet. The wording may be changed but the old effects are still active. I just tested this, my attack on another player resulted in creation of resources, which according to the update should not be occuring. So unless the BMs have posted something else (which i very well may have missed), I'm going to assume that the working in the FoL may have been changed already but the coding hasn't.

I don't think that they have changed the actual function yet. The wording may be changed but the old effects are still active. I just tested this, my attack on another player resulted in creation of resources, which according to the update should not be occuring. So unless the BMs have posted something else (which i very well may have missed), I'm going to assume that the working in the FoL may have been changed already but the coding hasn't.
    That's possible. I don't even notice anymore. 
    perryl @ USA1 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) US1 Posts: 260
    I can not tell if it is working or not but as most things in GGE the looting bonus from the HoL would apply to base amount of loot not the total amount of loot.  So if your loot is 100 units (whatever) and the bonus due to VIP is 40% and 50% form the HoL.  Your loot is 100*(Vip Bonus+HoL bonus) or 190 units.  Not as many people believe of 100*VIP Bonus * HOL bonus or 210 units.  Please remember this is a simplified example and more than just these 2 items go into calculation.
    kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232

*live server*

Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• I can not tell if it is working or not but as most things in GGE the looting bonus from the HoL would apply to base amount of loot not the total amount of loot.  So if your loot is 100 units (whatever) and the bonus due to VIP is 40% and 50% form the HoL.  Your loot is 100*(Vip Bonus+HoL bonus) or 190 units.  Not as many people believe of 100*VIP Bonus * HOL bonus or 210 units.  Please remember this is a simplified example and more than just these 2 items go into calculation.
    I think you are confused on the loot logic.
    Units? define that, 100 soldiers, or 100 loot capacity before launch. 
    It cannot be only 90 mere units BEFORE ;attack of extra capacity.. 
    Nor, does it just get added to the base either.. I mean the base units capcacity... look you are confusing me with these weird non simple fancy sounding explanations that make no sense when thought logically about.

100 troops hold 10 RSS a piece. No bonus from ANYTHING HOL, research, vip nothing..
    If nobody dies, and the loser has enough loot to cover. You go home with..
    1,000 looted resources.. The max they carry is what they cary back, only if surviving..
    so in your mind, 1,000 cap, would now turn to a 1090 capacity, resulting in 90 more pieces of food only..
    You said base, but you didnt do any justice and i think you are wrong in your reasoning.

1,000 capacity + 3,000 increased rss from gem now equals 4,000 and you bring 4k home 
    The capacity is the BASE , gems go to the base. The 50% will be added not to the base of 4,000 BEFORE THE ATTACK. But to WHATEVER the number is after the attack. Could be 4,00 3,000 1,000 or 100 Capacity remaining among soldiers after war. Whatever the NUMBER IS, take that TOTAL NEW CAPACITY, and add 50% so, 4k . 50% is 2k, equaling 6k RSS plundered.
    If your capacity is 4k before attack, 2k after attack from deaths.. you take home 3k.
    Etc etc
    70%max resources looted from equipment, with 20k gems of more cap. Added to a full 6 wave army would look like.

Example:
    No commander, no equipment just naked, fill up 6 waves of troops.
    Capacity says 100,000. Add Com, and equipment (70% Loot bonus) still says.. 100,000
    Next equip gems to equip, 4k per gem, 4 gems per com. 16k.
    Total is now 116,000. with 70% bonus of whatever they plunder, dead man dont carry.
    Add all other bonus you have, 90% like you say, plus the 70%... 160% total. 
    Assume all soldiers live. They grab 116,000 and HEAD towards the trail to your castle.. Coins are not loot BTW
    Before they leave the defenders keep, they get stopped at the gate. 
    Comm tells his troops, hey, im going to match 160% of that loot you carrying to bring home.
    Troops laugh, pack xtra 160%  on their donkeys or something and return home with not 116k but NOW
    301,600 RSS total.
    BR Screen will show this by having loot disbursed as
    80,000 stone
    80,000 wood
    60,000 food
    45k coin
    40k Iron ore
    41,600 Glass

or something.

At least..... I think lol 
    I can not tell if it is working or not but as most things in GGE the looting bonus from the HoL would apply to base amount of loot not the total amount of loot.  So if your loot is 100 units (whatever) and the bonus due to VIP is 40% and 50% form the HoL.  Your loot is 100*(Vip Bonus+HoL bonus) or 190 units.  Not as many people believe of 100*VIP Bonus * HOL bonus or 210 units.  Please remember this is a simplified example and more than just these 2 items go into calculation.
    I think you are confused on the loot logic.
    Units? define that, 100 soldiers, or 100 loot capacity before launch. 
    It cannot be only 90 mere units BEFORE ;attack of extra capacity.. 
    Nor, does it just get added to the base either.. I mean the base units capcacity... look you are confusing me with these weird non simple fancy sounding explanations that make no sense when thought logically about.

100 troops hold 10 RSS a piece. No bonus from ANYTHING HOL, research, vip nothing..
    If nobody dies, and the loser has enough loot to cover. You go home with..
    1,000 looted resources.. The max they carry is what they cary back, only if surviving..
    so in your mind, 1,000 cap, would now turn to a 1090 capacity, resulting in 90 more pieces of food only..
    You said base, but you didnt do any justice and i think you are wrong in your reasoning.

1,000 capacity + 3,000 increased rss from gem now equals 4,000 and you bring 4k home 
    The capacity is the BASE , gems go to the base. The 50% will be added not to the base of 4,000 BEFORE THE ATTACK. But to WHATEVER the number is after the attack. Could be 4,00 3,000 1,000 or 100 Capacity remaining among soldiers after war. Whatever the NUMBER IS, take that TOTAL NEW CAPACITY, and add 50% so, 4k . 50% is 2k, equaling 6k RSS plundered.
    If your capacity is 4k before attack, 2k after attack from deaths.. you take home 3k.
    Etc etc
    70%max resources looted from equipment, with 20k gems of more cap. Added to a full 6 wave army would look like.

Example:
    No commander, no equipment just naked, fill up 6 waves of troops.
    Capacity says 100,000. Add Com, and equipment (70% Loot bonus) still says.. 100,000
    Next equip gems to equip, 4k per gem, 4 gems per com. 16k.
    Total is now 116,000. with 70% bonus of whatever they plunder, dead man dont carry.
    Add all other bonus you have, 90% like you say, plus the 70%... 160% total. 
    Assume all soldiers live. They grab 116,000 and HEAD towards the trail to your castle.. Coins are not loot BTW
    Before they leave the defenders keep, they get stopped at the gate. 
    Comm tells his troops, hey, im going to match 160% of that loot you carrying to bring home.
    Troops laugh, pack xtra 160%  on their donkeys or something and return home with not 116k but NOW
    301,600 RSS total.
    BR Screen will show this by having loot disbursed as
    80,000 stone
    80,000 wood
    60,000 food
    45k coin
    40k Iron ore
    41,600 Glass

or something.

At least..... I think lol 
    I think you misunderstood them. 

I believe when they say "units" they mean "carry". Different troops have a different carry statistic. That's why marauders exist. 

The explanation that they're trying to break down is that the 50% bonus would be applied to the base bonus. 

So let's say your base will allow you to loot 10,000 with the current attack. With the 50% HOL bonus it would be 15,000. If there is also a 50% VIP bonus then it will still only go up by 5,000, not 7,500. 

Every bonus increase is added to the base. 

90% more range is 90% more than the base. 10% more from the hall is 10% more than the base stat. You add both from the base if you have both. It's not an increase of 19%. All increases use the base statistic when adding bonuses. 

Loot gems weren't even mentioned and have a different effect than loot bonus %s. 

I don't know for sure if %s would be affected by gems, they should be, as the %s are increased from the base amount and gems increase the base loot capacity of the attack. 

You were harder to understand, tbh. You started off with misunderstanding them, then start talking about statistics that make even less sense, and then you bring up gems randomly. Finishing off with an explanation that suggests you might understand how it all works? 

Pretty sure you're both agreeing but saying it differently. In fact, I'm pretty sure I just did the same thing. lol 
    perryl @ USA1 

2020 - Not dead yet.
Sign In to comment.