Discussion Thread: Final Roundtable discussion

BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
Hi all,

We'd love to hear your thoughts on the ideas/changes suggested in the roundtable, which I've summarised here. Let us know what you think, I'd also like to remind you that this isn't an update, it's simply ideas/info for/about future updates.

Cheers,

Angus
Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

Comments

• Not bad on paper...could be worse...

NoMoreEvents

• MinosMinos Posts: 80
    edited 14.06.2017
    • Secondary defence value changes
    I haven't notice any real change with this update, people saying it makes FL/BC impossible is just out right lying imo (bit harsh but I honestly found very little change and deffo not impossible)

• Attacks from Resource Villages
    A shame we have lost the versatility to use these as platforms for attacks, I have had my fair share of the fun in using these but as is said, it is 

• Apprentice Tokens
    Would be a nice but totally unnecessary feature to have them return. (I mean your earning nomad/sam tokens for rewards and then you adding more rewards on top, also I think the prices are far too cheap, I understand it takes 9 events to get a 9 piece set but still personally feel it devalues my efforts in the events that these parts are actually a reward)...

• Tool Transfers
    Any update that stops the use of exploits or the loss of profit for a company is a good thing, haters will hate but GGS MUST protect its profit (as would any company). 

• Rewards updating
    Should have been done a long time ago, I mean it would take me 30 mins MAX to update the Storm rewards...

• Battle for Berimond
    Never been a fan of this old last man standing event but it will be good for most people to see it come back, a longer period would be a lot more beneficial for all (not including the effect it would have on titles but that most likely the reason for shorter events). 

• Berimond invasion
    Best NPC commander in game, I strongly advise something should be done about the commander set at very least, the event itself could be incorporated into a new event that doesn't give us gallantry reward.

• Royal Capital Event
    Not going be so missed after the kingdom resource rework imo...

• Kingdom Resources Rework
    YES PLEASE!... If anything to stop the lazy from moaning that they gotta actually play the game to get the resources...

• Private Resource Villages
    Never had problems with resource villages in the game so this doesn't bother me but with the future of the game these will be a good thing. Also gives people something to work towards achieving in outer kingdoms other then the standard levelling of towers.

• Reworking the hospital
    YES PLEASE! Has been requested and requested and requested... many many many times!

• New Event Mechanic
    It will be interesting to see how this works... unfortunately for me I feel it'll be a one hit wonder where after the first event of this rage mechanic, things will seem dry and it will not be carried on as a success.

• Equipment Storage
    Again, it has been requested for a long time but honestly I think its something very minor, again for the lazies that can't clear out their inventory... (For me even if you double to size of it I will still have to be emptying it more then once a day, so I will continue to do as I do now and clear equipment as I farm).

• New 'Epic Questline'
    Not enough information on this in English side of things, I don't know the first thing in German so I'm not sure what more was said in the talkrunde but I can't comment on this until more information is provided.

Overall Opinion:

A great round of updates, opinions and continuing to follow a path that I would support and back, seems though that GGS are interested in catering more for the lazy players now (also can call them casuals).
  • OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    Minos said:
    I haven't notice any real change with this update, people saying it makes FL/BC impossible is just out right lying imo (bit harsh but I honestly found very little change and deffo not impossible)

A shame we have lost the versatility to use these as platforms for attacks, I have had my fair share of the fun in using these but as is said, it is 

• Apprentice Tokens
    Would be a nice but totally unnecessary feature to have them return. (I mean your earning nomad/sam tokens for rewards and then you adding more rewards on top, also I think the prices are far too cheap, I understand it takes 9 events to get a 9 piece set but still personally feel it devalues my efforts in the events that these parts are actually a reward)...

• Tool Transfers
    Any update that stops the use of exploits or the loss of profit for a company is a good thing, haters will hate but GGS MUST protect its profit (as would any company). 

• Rewards updating
    Should have been done a long time ago, I mean it would take me 30 mins MAX to update the Storm rewards...

• Battle for Berimond
    Never been a fan of this old last man standing event but it will be good for most people to see it come back, a longer period would be a lot more beneficial for all (not including the effect it would have on titles but that most likely the reason for shorter events). 

• Berimond invasion
    Best NPC commander in game, I strongly advise something should be done about the commander set at very least, the event itself could be incorporated into a new event that doesn't give us gallantry reward.

• Royal Capital Event

YES PLEASE!... If anything to stop the lazy from moaning that they gotta actually play the game to get the resources...

Never had problems with resource villages in the game so this doesn't bother me but with the future of the game these will be a good thing. Also gives people something to work towards achieving in outer kingdoms other then the standard levelling of towers.

• Reworking the hospital
    YES PLEASE! Has been requested and requested and requested... many many many times!

• New Event Mechanic
    It will be interesting to see how this works... unfortunately for me I feel it'll be a one hit wonder where after the first event of this rage mechanic, things will seem dry and it will not be carried on as a success.

• Equipment Storage
    Again, it has been requested for a long time but honestly I think its something very minor, again for the lazies that can't clear out their inventory... (For me even if you double to size of it I will still have to be emptying it more then once a day, so I will continue to do as I do now and clear equipment as I farm).

• New 'Epic Questline'
    Not enough information on this in English side of things, I don't know the first thing in German so I'm not sure what more was said in the talkrunde but I can't comment on this until more information is provided.

Overall Opinion:

A great round of updates, opinions and continuing to follow a path that I would support and back, seems though that GGS are interested in catering more for the lazy players now (also can call them casuals).
    It sounds good when you write it out (but i do disagree with the royal capital bit, the more diversity the better) but I don't expect much from GGS anyway so lol

I was using this kind of attacks in every war we had but I think the game got better without them. I know a lot of players who decided to quit because they were bullied from villages. An that is not good for anyone, GGE loses customers (revenue), and we lose companions/opponents which makes the game even more boring.
  • Plumpy21 (US1)Plumpy21 (US1) Posts: 465
    edited 14.06.2017
    I hate it when people put GIFs in a document that is trying to be formal by writing out what happened at a meeting, aka"The Roundtable". Just makes it impossible to read because you can't stay focused or whatever... Had to go into HTML and delete the pictures...
    I have no loyalty.

• "There are other plans afoot as well; the foundations are being set for an introduction of a difficulty system within the game, which differentiates players into categories, so that alliances/individuals are competing for rewards appropriate to their playing style, and competing against similarly skilled players/alliances for these rewards. This is currently slated to be introduced by the end of 2017."

Gaaaaay
    Lord septimus @us1
    • Secondary Defence value
    I can agree with the community with it being introduce now. Way to late. The increase of stats or increase of food in itself would of help, But its not as simple as increasing stats and reducing food. The fire cast % decreasing will effect this result I hope that is factored too.

• Attacks from Resource Villages:
    Yeah , Understandable if the updates it brings outweigh the disadvantages that now after even more apparent. i.e players from other time zones on a circuit near your castle meaning you miss out half the time due to sleep.

• New currency (Apprentice Tokens):
    Seems fair for players missing out on Month long events especially if its returned once a year for a week or so.

• Tools
    Fair is fair - Straight forward makes sense in GGS terms.

• Reward revision
    Rewards that are deserving and just sound good. But please please TEST TEST AND TEST AGAIN. Youve struggle in the past do give out minimal rewards.

• Invasion of Berimond:
    New developer needed. These new events never seem to last long. Always issues when its not the old original game with a new skin EG Sams and Nomads same event , FI and Blood Crows Same event. For years I have been saying you need a new developer its about time you listened - Your failures speak for themselves.

• Berimond
    Do you get something for destroying it ? If not woopie doo. Bring back the original - You could destroy pretty much anything even the honour loss was fun fun fun!

• Royal Capital event:
    Oh look another 'new' event with technical issues. Please review Developers.

• Kingdom resources update:
    Sounds good to me.

• Private Resource Villages:
    Sounds to much like another popular game that. Milking it there.

• Change to the hospital:
    Sweet , I might start actually using it .

• New Event Mechanics:
    Lets see how long that lasts in working order.

• Equipment Storage:
    We need a select feature so we can bin off multiple pieces of crap. which is like 97% of items gained. But expanding it it start.

Summary: I Personally have no faith in GoodGame Studios - Roundtable as its not the first time its happened. Hopefully for once I am proven wrong.

I remember clearly the last time players had massive issues with these new events and support. GoodGame Studios release youtube videos such as this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSXTocRL1Ho&t=12s
    Granted a promotional tool - but only portrayed the massive gulf between the customers and GoodGame Studios especially with the timing.
    Comments disabled shortly after video released, I wonder why.

~Ultra
    Disclaimer:
    Everything I say is strictly personal opinion and not in relation to my alliance or affiliates.

Ultra - First and Last.
    Back to Break Some Balls - You Miss Me ?
    Poking the bear since 2013.
    Yeah agree eventhough PvP is already dying with this new update the defence have greatly unbalanced. With more defence combat strenght defence and reduced consumption, more defenders can be kept and incase of an incoming with defence support from alliance PvP has really become impossible as chances to win attacks have been reduced. Haven't seen any considerable change with FL/BC defending but maybe GGE should consider making these events more real-player based?

It's really sad that the ability to use such villages for purposes of sneak attacks and faster hitting of dragons/forts has been lost but to gain something you gotta loose something and with the introduction of restricting the use of such features for purposes against the ToS such as multi-accounting is really appreciated as now multis have lost most of their credit and uses i.e. tool trading, etc.
    • Apprentice Tokens
    Would be really appreciated if they introduced it for later on atleast once per month so that players who have been unable to gain the previous month seasonal pieces will be able to complete their sets.

• Tool Transfers
    Seems to fair enough. The use of exploits should really stopped or made obsolete and with this update GGE has taken their first major step towards the exploits of the game eventhough it was hated by some but still every company must protect it's profit.

• Rewards updating
    A step which should have been taken a long time ago as it was asked alot of times by the community and should be GGE's top priority. Hoping that the rewards are good and for christ's sake do test them and make sure they cannot be exploited before launching them on live server since it has been a scenario in the past.

• Battle for Berimond
    Appreciated that GGE has tried to listen their customers and decided that the capital can be destroyed. Though if it's not benefical or rewarding than it may be a failure. With the upcoming feature i hope that PvP will be made more possible in Berimond.

• Berimond invasion
    Oh well :( Hope that progress is made sooner regarding this as the event had offered many things which we unavailable in Battle of Berimond especially the Kingdom Resources and good Npc sets.

• Royal Capital Event
    Just typical GGE why not instead of introducing same events with a different skin GGE tries to fix the previous ones which were original and more rewarding? Ooh well when you have same developers for the last five years i think this is what happens
    The only update i'm looking forward to with high expectations and really anxious to see this update implemented. With the events like Royal Capital and Berimond Invasion gone for now, this rewaork may fill out the empty spaces left by them.
    Well guess when it comes out then only can it be decided wheter it's worth it or not. Guess this"ll really help the new players and newbies, but then GGE has to take care of their new customers.

• Reworking the hospital
    Finally, now i can start using it again since now it has been difficult to heal coin troops with the ruby troosp pushing the coins one out. Well finally GGE started listening it's customers.

• New Event Mechanic
    Interesting! Well soon it"ll get same old same old. Hoping that it isn't broken like Royal Capital and others. If all goes successful maybe GGE can increase their profits lol :D

• Equipment Storage
    Something which has been by GGE a lot times. Yeah with expanding the inventory maybe the unique pieces and new vents become more rewarding and useful.

• New 'Epic Questline'
    Well you seem to give only one tiny bit of information. Maybe a more explained version of this outline before any high hopes can be attached to it.

Overall Opinion:

High hopes attached, expecations are close to nothing since GGE is always good at advertising but has been unable to provide any real content at all so let's just wait and see. But things can turn around for GGE and if all goes well as explained and discussed by GGE and maybe things can turn around for GGE and it's customers as GGE has started to hear it's customers and it's demands. But of all one thing remains as it is, the customer support team is losing it's effective and the reply's are delayed a lot. It's been months until a players issue is solved. What has GGE decided to do regarding this? Is GGE willing to share anything at all with us regarding this?

-Ather
    Ather @ Germany1, Asia1, Australia1 and Italy1
    Drake @ Asia1

Milestones:
    • 100K Mp reached at level 35 with glory title King Ather The Great
    • 200K Mp reached at level 45 with glory title King Ather The Vicious
    • 11 million weekly  loot reached at level 40
    Alliance: The Seperatists

Part of GoodGame Empire for 3 years now.
  • berty23uk (GB1)berty23uk (GB1) GB1 Posts: 12
    iv got no problem with any of the changes.the only problem iv got is not having beri in green or not having a royal capital.i agree with the gentlemen who said it needs to be ran like a business.but also that business has to invest,otherwise how do you attract ppl from joining or even staying.i think a lot of effort should be made to get at least 1 of these tournaments going in the very near future.
  • i think it would be a good idea,, and would increase pvp, if when you attacked some one and lost,, all unused tools returned to your castle,,maybe with the troops that pop up in the military hospital. for example, you attack someone, they only defend one flank, the tools from the gate and the other flank are unused and wasted. who want to spend upwards of 20 dollars every time they attack somebody, especially when you guys are giving the all advantages to the defender, just to lose all their troops and tools. its hard enough as it is,, that is, if you attack somebody that knows what they're doing. you guys want to increase the pvp, thats the way to do it.

• Shadow_21 (AU1)Shadow_21 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,370

Philt123 (GB1) said:
    Overall Opinion:

Some real development on the way which is positive, but with so little info given impossible to tell.  You need to sort the amounts of res that can be legitimatly gained, you NEED to get this balance right.  Dont go cheap and screw this up.  And frankly 9 months+ to fix an event that many are not even convinced ever had a problem?  really?  you need to hang your head in shame, you really need to be in a position when if something breaks in your game you are in a position to fix it quickly and efficiently or you have no business.  which is why this stinks, treating your customers like mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed on shite) is never a good plan.  Be honest you never know if the reason is a good one your customers might actually understand.  But feedign them rubbish is not the way to go. 

But honestly the whole premise  of all of this effort, is completly pointless, if you are going to keep shafting your players by taking away things they worked for / paid for and giving them little or nothing in return.  Keep up with that attitude and it wont matter about the rest.   Treat your customers like real people, like real customers, and with respect, and you never know you might well get respect and loyalty back.  And you may reap the rewards, treat them with contempt, and keep shafting them and there will be no one left to develop the game for!!!!

I couldn't be bothered reading the rest of yours....you always write way to much.. but I read the overall opinion

its not as simple as something breaking and it being fixed in a short period of time...they need to figure out how to fix it, run test ect...if they did rush it, it could cause more bugs to the overall game, therefor making things worse and making people complain more....you cant expect things to be done straight away...and you say there feeding us rubbish...doesn't look like rubbish to me...to me its a list of good ideas...some need improving on but that's the point of this thread...to help suggest more ideas...instead of just complaining about the current ones.

as for treating customers with respect...you say if they treat us with respect maybe we will treat them with the same respect back....perhaps we should start that... we should start treating GGS with respect as a whole... Some of us do...others just whinge and complain...maybe then if we were respectful to GGS they would have time to work on stuff instead of dealing with people complaining....because I don't know about you but I love GGE...and I don't mind a few changes here and there... changes are good things, sometimes they can be helpful and sometimes unhelpful... and yes there will always be bugs and things people don't like...and I don't mind bugs, because GGS isn't perfect but they do there best to resolve the problems that people complain about, and just like anything in this world...it has its flaws...

Cut GGS some slack...and start suggesting ways to enhance this idea and make it better rather then complaining about it

Made by me using word
                                                                 <======|===O*SHADOW*O=========>
  • Madara. (INT1)Madara. (INT1) INT1 Posts: 161
    Minos said:

• Apprentice Tokens

• Tool Transfers

• Rewards updating

• Battle for Berimond

• Berimond invasion

• Royal Capital Event

• Reworking the hospital

• New Event Mechanic

• Equipment Storage

• New 'Epic Questline'

Overall Opinion:

i hope what u saying  is only  in your mind  and dont pot in the  game and if u got this ideas  when u were haveing round table with german players then do it  for them alot of it  dont fit to most of gamers this will only  to make more players leave game  

REGARDS 

• Madara. (INT1)Madara. (INT1) INT1 Posts: 161

While I did play the old Berimond I forget what happened to tools when the camp was destroyed. Were all the tools lost? Were they returned to the main castle?
    All in all everything looks interesting.

"...The price of rubies for each country depends on the monthly income of the country an account has been registered in, previously, players were exploiting this fact by registering accounts on the normal server from low-income countries to get cheap tools..."

Something I am interested in is how they determine the "monthly income" of a country.
    Example, the US has 50 different states with different average incomes.
    Do they use the average income for household?
    Do they use the minimum wage as a base?
    Is it based on disposable income?
    Is cost of living considered?

Rubies in the US cost far too much.
    $9.99 for 11k rubies. You can send one cheap ruby flag attack for that.
    $19.99 for 23k rubies. You can send two cheap flag attacks for that.
    $29.99 for 36k rubies. So long as you buy the Hero flags on discount you be able to send like two attacks.
    $49.99 for 61k rubies...
    $99.99 for 130k rubies.
    $199.99 for 272k rubies
    $399.99 for 560k rubies. Easy enough to spend 500k rubies in one event lol
    $799.99 for 1,150k rubies. Basically if you buy flags throughout the FI/BC event with good flags you run about this much.
    That's a lot of money. More than the room I'm renting costs. In other words far too much for me personally. I do understand ruby whales buy a lot but still...
    People only buy during bonus because of  how expensive rubies are.
    Please reevaluate the price of rubies for the US. 
    While I did play the old Berimond I forget what happened to tools when the camp was destroyed. Were all the tools lost? Were they returned to the main castle?

"...The price of rubies for each country depends on the monthly income of the country an account has been registered in, previously, players were exploiting this fact by registering accounts on the normal server from low-income countries to get cheap tools..."

Something I am interested in is how they determine the "monthly income" of a country.

$29.99 for 36k rubies. So long as you buy the Hero flags on discount you be able to send like two attacks.
    $49.99 for 61k rubies...
    $99.99 for 130k rubies.
    $199.99 for 272k rubies
    $799.99 for 1,150k rubies. Basically if you buy flags throughout the FI/BC event with good flags you run about this much.
    That's a lot of money. More than the room I'm renting costs. In other words far too much for me personally. I do understand ruby whales buy a lot but still...
    i agree  100%   even iam in international server  it cost the same for more  and USD  is way stronger then my countrys monye  wile   some othhers  pay 5$  for what we shall pay 15$

• While I did play the old Berimond I forget what happened to tools when the camp was destroyed. Were all the tools lost? Were they returned to the main castle? 

$49.99 for 61k rubies... 
    $99.99 for 130k rubies.
    $199.99 for 272k rubies
    Madara. (INT1) says: agree  100%   even i am in international server  it cost the same for more  and USD  is way stronger then my countries money  while   some others  pay 5$  for what we shall pay 15$.

I am strongly agreed these two player . Morally my country is very poor country where$1= 105rs . and PCI is around 700 $ according to 2016 report . so compare one man yearly income or big pack of yurs.
  • Scandy (GB1)Scandy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 91
    Philt123 - the problems with the Royal City Event were real - our alliance could not set defence at all for the last few rounds. Not that it really mattered that much since there was only a winners award, so no incentive to try that hard.

• sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 299
    Berimond: Does this mean that I can't move my tools for free from the wonderlands to main kingdom? if so that really sucks, I don't care which side wins the berimond or whats the point of winning it, probably nothing, but I just want to get my tools to main castle.

Royal Capital event: So I have bought over 50k coin boosters for the event and now you are gonna change it, can I get my rubies and coins back if the new versions sucks? I just wanna get the commander from the event, nothing else.
Sign In to comment.