Home News from the world of Empire

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

The Empire Family wants to hear your questions! Q&A Session ideas!

Comments

• Who at GGE does the math for things like the achievements? There are several, collecting bubbles over villagers heads, collecting rune gold, etc that are already ridiculous amounts(Especially since its all just to have the ability to spend ridiculous amounts of rubies on a new COA) LOL

Now the new one where we have to hit FL castles... Just learned there are 10 levels that will take @85,000 hits to complete... A highly active round is 200 hits, at one event per week that is over 8 years of being highly active to complete these achievements. You guys are just ridiculous LOL.

• 1. If Berimond Invasion is not coming back for some time, then can you put Berimond Invasion Equipment in the Apprentice Blacksmith?
    2. If The Battle for the Royal Capital is not coming back this year, then how can we players expect to grow as we level 70 players need kingdom resources greatly for all the legendary levels stuff. So can you make the buildings quite cheaper to upgrade?
    3. When will the Alliance Tournament be back. I know that everyone greatly needs the Fast-Travel Feathers that it used to award for the top 20 in the Alliance Tournament. If it is not coming back for some time, then please include Fast-Travel feathers as top 20 in Foreign / Bloodcrow event.
    4. Make Lion / Bear Warriors and Lion / Bear Bowmen available in Battle for Berimond. Everyone would love to get nightly troops rewards as we used to get in the older version of this event. And also decrease the number of towers in thies event so that we may get a chance to go for the capital after such a long time. And try to return the previous Berimond decoration item of 425 PO that the topper gets along with the equipment.
    5. Send back the Alchemist event so that we may get chemicals from RBC's to brew potions so that we can then boost our buildings further.
    6. Please pop-up more Resource Villages in the kingdoms of The Burning Sands and The Fire Peaks. The number of players increase day-by-day but the number of RV's increase once in a while leading to an imbalance.
    7. I also have 300+ useless low level gems sitting in my inventory. Please make it possible to sell them all together rather than clicking one by one.
    8. Since we get so much tools from all events, make it possible to sell tools as well.
    9. And lastly, The Most Important thing is that reply to the customers quickly rather than taking a long time. I had to wait for 12 days before I got a reply. Please improve the quality of your support team ensuring quick answers to our questions.
  • No.1 thing in the game is to many bugs. they never stop.from not getting to log in for days and when you do. your troops (3 times now) are gone because you ran out of food. No.2 thing in the game is horrible GGE  support  how can GGE expect players to spend there money with these buggs ?  this game was game of the year. now in another 5 yrs hmm not sure if it will be  around?
    dragonwing @ usa 1
  • This isn't really a question as much as a thought. It just a thought that came to my mind. What if GGE constructed events in other kingdoms (Everwinter, Burning Sand, Firepeaks) distinct to that particular area. with its own point ranking of some sort. 

My question would be, how long do you think it takes for GGE to provide a legal medium for players to exchange tools :) 

Thanks!!!
  • sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 316
    What is the real problem with Royal Capital event, or do you even know it, or is there a problem, your excuses have been changing a lot, and it looks to me that you don't even know what is the problem but you still think there is some problem.
    your announcment.
    first 13.3.2017 http://prntscr.com/fjcjld
    and the two city problem totally changed to your next announcment
    26.4.2017 http://prntscr.com/fjcko8

• IF u guys are are looking for gge fairy dust they keep it locked up in a vault.. IF u need something find a way to get it whether its from the new gge Eq store or what not.. GGE not going to dump anything on anyone's plate. U have to look for Rv's before u can chase them.. The free one's around ur castle are probably someone else's .. lol
  • Mikeshot2 (GB1)Mikeshot2 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 309
    edited 14.06.2017
    How important do you value Customer Feedback and Customer satisfaction? - You say clearly you value customer feedback - yet your head of customer support refuses to escalate complaints. Is this a directive given to him, or chosen. If a customer has an issue and is not satisfied with the outcome what course of action does he or she have other than to request an account delete? Do GGE feel this is a strategy that is good for relationships or the business as a whole?
    Post edited by Mikeshot2 (GB1) on
  • The sheer number of click/move/cllick mouse operations required to perform any game action is tedious and tiresome - what's more it can lead to injury! I have a recurring (and worsening) shoulder/wrist strain which I am sure is entirely due to taking part in Empire.

Do you have any plans to reduce numbers of operations required?

Although equipment and gem "rewards* are not always useless to every player there does come a point where lvl3 gems (as just 1 example) become utterly useless to players at certain levels, the same could be said for rare equipment items.

Do you have any plans to introduce auto sell options for equipment and gems?

It would also help a bit with reducing game oprations required lol.
    GamerGac5754 @ en 1
  • 2RGJ (AU1)2RGJ (AU1) AU1 Posts: 17
    Given the lack of legislation in online gaming and having TOS that basically say you can do whatever you like.  Given there is a massive lack of protection for the online gamer that is not present in any other type of consumer transaction.  Do you believe that exploiting this lack of legislation to your own ends and to the detriment of your customers, makes long term commercial sense.  Or do you believe it doesnt matter how badly you treat your customers (becasue legally you can), and that it will not effect sales / profitability at all?

With the above in mind how has your sales and profitability been going over the lase 2 years?  And do you not believe one has any impact on the other?
    very well put  GGE don't give a dam about the players they do there own thing scamming players for there cash then offering a few troops and food for items that cost hundreds of pounds {gems) banning players for no reason given. I will be quitting GGE as many other players will

• Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,120
    I think a lot of ground has been covered by other players and I don't want to be predictable in asking after the success of the battle of the bots within what timescale we can look forward to the massacre of the multi's the next and most important step in retaking control of your game.  Certainly the action on the bots loosened my wallet so tackle the mutli's and I'll happily keep investing in my account quietly retreat from the bigger battle after a successful skirmish and I won't.  

So I wanted to go with resources and wanted to know whether it was intended that attacking players should virtually completely strip down their castles like balloons trying to gain altitude chucking out their defence and siege workshops and other relatively relevant buildings which contribute to the game.  Do you now consider resource buildings and investment in resource buildings and crafting redundant and where do you see the balance between looting and resource production being in the future.  Also will there be more tools introduced in future development accessed through higher level workshops.  Also vaguely interested as to whether you have a timescale on when game might move beyond level 800.  

I guess we all have a lot of questions.   
    Batten @ en 1
    One I forgot to ask ;)  I grew up in a rural area so feel a little nostalgic to see so many farms in the game.  Are designers and support also from rural parts of Germany and feeling a little homesick or perhaps trying to rebalance and resurrect the rural economy.  I worry that an overcompetitive markets given the number of farms in proximity to top alliances may actually be a threat to small local producers do you have a view?

Batten @ en 1
    Also quite curious as to how many events, nobility contest you think might have been won by players who were playing within the rules a rough percentage estimate would be fine :)

Batten @ en 1
  • ROS59 (US1)ROS59 (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    I have a number of suggestions:

1.    Create a way to transport players in the hospital to another hospital.

2.    Create a way to message more than one player at a time, but not the whole alliance, both from within and without the alliance.  From outside the alliance, it is not possible to know who is on line to respond.    So players need to send multiple messages.   Then the recipients do not know who received the same message.

Within the alliance, it would be a better experience for just certain levels of leadership to chat among themselves.  

3.     Reduce the incentive for much higher legendary level players to attack lower level legendary players.    If there is no way to defend, the game is basically pointless.

4.     Change the way honor works so that if a lower level player attacks a higher level player, the higher level player can counter-attack without losing honor.  

5.    Create a formal way so that alliances can have subs and see what is going on.

6.    Create a manner of selecting a down time each day when players cannot be attacked.    Players should be able need to sleep, work and go to school without being attacked.   Not much fun nor very interesting when you come back and you have been attacked without being able to defend your castle.      

7.    Make the ruby troops more durable, so if you use them, they are less likely to be lost. Alternatively, make them heal faster and without using more rubies.   There is not much of an incentive to spend money to get rubies for troops when they get lost so fast.
  • nickkruger (INT1)nickkruger (INT1) INT1 Posts: 16
    Hi Goodgame,

I would like to discuss the Foreign castle and Bloodcrow event.

Firstly, let me tell you how excited I was at the start of the last Bloodcrow event ! 

During the previous Nomads event I bought the ruby deal for tablets bonus and built up over 10 K horsetails, 15 K troops, 5 million coin ..I had everything ready to go for top 50 reward ... including stocking up on popcorn and other snacks to keep me going for 4 days :)

Unfortunately, after sending 50 or 60 attacks, I still had not been given a target worth using my horsetails on :(

Now the event is over, I still have 10 K horsetails, which means I don't need to buy rubies again next Nomads :)

Goodgame ! Your formula for handing out big targets is hurting both of us.

Let me ask you, what is the point of asking us in a player survey if we feel fairness is important when the most important event is manipulated to this extent ? More importantly, why do you feel it's necessary ? 

Other aspect, like foreign castles changing defence, also are unnecessary and very wrong .. so should be reconsidered by you.

nickkruger @ WWW 1
  • How GGE intends to keep our accounts safe from bugs and hackers?

I would like to see for the future, hidden attacks. To be able to attack anybody without disclose of attacker. This will save alliances get into troubles and in the same time will encourage the game to be...a war and strategy game, as in description. Not a farming game as it seems now is more a farming game.
  • I think this is too funny.. GGe save us.. save urself, don't link ur acct to facebook.. and don't tell nobody ur pw and u be safe.. putting out fires is easier than writing gge ur acct's been deleted by a hacker.. and them recontructing it and u having to find new Op's and chasing rv's all over again.. but then again chasing rv's was probably one of the funnest parts of the game.. lol
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    I think this is too funny.. GGE save us.. save yourself, don't link your acct to Facebook.. and don't tell nobody your password and you be safe.. putting out fires is easier than writing gge your acct's been deleted by a hacker.. and them reconstructing it and u having to find new Op's and chasing rv's all over again.. but then again chasing rv's was probably one of the funnest parts of the game.. lol
    I always hated hunting for rv to spawn. Spent too much time with that. Looking forward to private rv.
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• I think this is too funny.. GGE save us.. save yourself, don't link your acct to Facebook.. and don't tell nobody your password and you be safe.. putting out fires is easier than writing gge your acct's been deleted by a hacker.. and them reconstructing it and u having to find new Op's and chasing rv's all over again.. but then again chasing rv's was probably one of the funnest parts of the game.. lol
    I always hated hunting for rv to spawn. Spent too much time with that. Looking forward to private rv.
    Only thing a private RV is good for is stashing attack troops in, just send them to the byrd and I say private rv's is another one of these stupid hoovering possilities for the world of tater's playing the game.. Hell anyone can goto SI and build a fast Cmdr for chasing.. and the temp fastgear for the cast is all u have to do is hit npc's.. Collect the gear. This hand me shyt cuz I play the game is complete bullshit, well unless the serve crashes* lol.. Play the game like its suppose to be played I say..
  • Johnny40 (AU1)Johnny40 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 45
    Ather has some really good points. I like his ideas.
    Johnny40 @ au 1
  • It's been brought up a few times but will reiterate to ensure you understand that this is a TOP priority for many in the community.

What, if anything, is planned to bring back PVP into a war game? If I started playing this game from scratch right now I probably wouldn't last a week because the game just isn't how it is advertised. It's a PVE game with PVP sprinkled into it when it should be the other way around. I made a couple of suggestions to make the game more enjoyable for me:

1. Reduce the price of armorer tools or make boulders more obtainable for nonruby buyers. Growing in this game is both a blessing and a curse. I am stronger than most, but I have to be willing to tool a 6th wave attack which can be quite expensive. I used to enjoy sending a dozen attacks on real players, but with all of the idiotic advantages the defender has gotten lately (increased strength of gems, less food consumed for defenders, etc) I am surely going to lose half of those armies as I meet 30k defenders in the courtyard. I can't afford to lose that many tools so consistently so am forced to do events to play the game more.

2. Make the weekly rewards for honor rankings WAY more worth your whilePeople might actually try to take honor from me if they would get more than a handful of horrors for doing so. The prizes haven't changed in the three years I've been playing this game, they are extremely outdated and an insult of a prize with people carrying four times the troops as 3 years ago. With a better incentive, more people will begin attacking.

3. Bring back Alliance Tournament. "We can't Bear we f'd our game up so bad we don't know how to do a war event in a war game." Never fear! I have already suggested how to come up with a fix.

Here's the link to the thread if anyone is interested. https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/334272/alliance-tournament/p1

4. Stop shoving events down our throats! GGS is always too worried about getting the next equipment set out for the new event they don't give the community a break. I understand events are profitable but do you really think going a few days without events will cut down on profits? Make events happen half as much, and when they come around nearly twice as many people buy boosters. The increase in PVP attacks should cover the margin.

5. Stop giving the defender so many extra advantages. I'll copy and paste what I wrote after the Battle of Nations update: I think it's funny that GGS keeps thinking the answer to idiots who don't know how to defend is to keep giving the defender advantages. We didn't need a rework in the defense/offense balance especially not to give more favor to the defender. The problem people have with defending is they have no idea what they're doing. They don't know what tools to use, what m/r ratio and if they should hold flank, gate, etc. You can't fix stupid, so stop trying to. All this is doing is going to make the ppl who are stacked with defense and no how to defend even closer to invincible. No one attacks me as it is, so you're going to make my gems even stronger to fix that? I'm sure it will be fun walking into 30,000 defenders with another 8% CY advantage for the defender. So no one is going to attack a player like me, this doesn't mean they won't attack though. People are just going to look for weaker targets to get a battle that they would prefer. The strong get stronger, the weak get weaker. Great job!

These are just the suggestions I thought of off the top of my head. Bringing PVP back into the game could definitely be done, it just doesn't seem like nearly as high as a priority as it should be for GGS.
This discussion has been closed.