We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

New Event = Same Pig just different Lipstick

So the American saying goes like this - Same pig just different color lipstick on it.

Really GGE you said a NEW EVENT.  This is not new just a rehash of the same old month long events of the past.  We complete 20 pages with basically the same rewards in the same amount of time.  The rotation of the group of battles is even the same.

Sure you gave a new commander but all that is is some graphic artist doing a new look to what was already in place.  You may have changed some of the specifications of the commander but really it is just changing a "Template" you already have.  None of this is really "NEW".

I have to truly wonder what you all do everyday.  With the money you bring in it sure is not used to develop truly "NEW" things to do.

And do you really think we will get excited by the server rewards.  You must be drinking some stale beer there on your breaks.

Like others have said before me "You are just milking the cash cow for what you can as long as you can".

Is this the best "German" code writers and developers can come up with?
Justinlegoboy @ usa 1

Comments

• BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,087INT1
    You are sooooooooooooooooo right nothing changes same old same old lol
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 02.06.2017
    None of the commanders have bonuses for honor and this very well could be the last "Castle Lord" commander that GGS will ever add as well for events and invasions since fire damage and destroying buildings are really not all that important and may not necessarily need to be used often. Not just about the honor either, but at least somewhat different bonuses than the Prince of Thieves as well and a very different hero.Will GGS add more unique "Npc" commanders in the future for level 70+ players as well? Perhaps; although, the main focus of GGS for unique items right now seems to be Castle Lord commanders instead of Npc commanders for players who are level 70+. Only exceptions to this of course are the Prince of Thieves Hero which is good against both Npc and Castle Lords, the difficult to complete set from Berimund Invasion, and armor of the true hero if you want to spend a lot of rubies on to complete the set.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Actually the "new" event didn't even start unless it runs in the background and we don't even see a tent. The whole "battle of the nations" thing is just a competition for a deco piece that goes to top server for each event (I thought this month starting same time as Lotus King) but it never started, not that it gives us anything to do, and the competition will between a cpl servers.... and USA1 is not one of them so event means nothing to me
  • So the American saying goes like this - Same pig just different color lipstick on it.

Really GGE you said a NEW EVENT.  This is not new just a rehash of the same old month long events of the past.  We complete 20 pages with basically the same rewards in the same amount of time.  The rotation of the group of battles is even the same.

Sure you gave a new commander but all that is is some graphic artist doing a new look to what was already in place.  You may have changed some of the specifications of the commander but really it is just changing a "Template" you already have.  None of this is really "NEW".

I have to truly wonder what you all do everyday.  With the money you bring in it sure is not used to develop truly "NEW" things to do.

And do you really think we will get excited by the server rewards.  You must be drinking some stale beer there on your breaks.

Like others have said before me "You are just milking the cash cow for what you can as long as you can".

Is this the best "German" code writers and developers can come up with?
    The new event hasn't even started yet. Are you that dumb?
  • kampo (US1)kampo (US1) Posts: 273US1
    they take the top players from every server , and do a bunch of math , then they will make a post after every event on this form to show ranks , 
  • kampo (US1)kampo (US1) Posts: 273US1
    so we won't know anything till the FL event ends 
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,839INT3

None of the commanders have bonuses for honor

You can still build your own "Honor Commander"

If I can get +95%, it can't be that hard to get the max 150%.........

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

It started 6/1 with the WoR event.........

Good night.
    Sleep well.

• None of the commanders have bonuses for honor

I am talking about no "unique" commanders with honor bonuses. Obviously, you can use honor on other commanders as well, but I am talking about "honor" as part of a unique set. (Not legendary, epic, or rare.) Also, what is the point of having bonuses so high for honor at the expense of other important things and especially for walls, moat, melee, and ranged?
    David Noble @ usa 1

• None of the commanders have bonuses for honor

I am talking about no "unique" commanders with honor bonuses. Obviously, you can use honor on other commanders as well, but I am talking about "honor" as part of a unique set. (Not legendary, epic, or rare.) Also, what is the point of having bonuses so high for honor at the expense of other important things and especially for walls, moat, melee, and ranged?
    The point is to get honor... I thought that was a bit obvious.

Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

To go "Honor Hunting".  There are occasionally players who have decent honor, who have left the game.  You find them, and hit them with the "Honor Commander".  Sure, the other stats are weak, but with minimal defenders on the wall, and often times little to no tools, it doesn't matter.

Just gotta know where to look.........

Good night.
    Sleep well.

• DHDF22 (US1)DHDF22 (US1) Posts: 452
    edited 05.06.2017

No it didn't, the new Lotus King was just a new name for monthly, but this new event I posted pic of did not start. They made it sound like this was all starting at the same time, knowing GGE they prolly don't even know its not running lol

This event was the one we are supposed to be competing for prizes with all the other servers for top servers in each event. (Of course all the hype made it sound like we were going to be PvP'ing other servers)

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 692NL1
    LOL   u didn't know it was just copy paste????? like every event it is new but old :)

flug @ nl 1
  • @DHDF22 (US1) 

I am sorry to inform you but the new exciting event is already in round 2. The first exciting round 1 is already finished, and the second round is currently running (Nomads). Sorry you missed all the fun of the first round.....In fact, it is a (I expect semi-manual) calculation made at GGE HQ. There are no prices distributed during weekends (I wonder why :wink: ). See for more information https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/334766/new-event-battle-of-nations
  • No, this is another "event" everyone that participates gets a 200 deco when it is live, winning server get a 300 deco, not sure if there are any other prizes but its pretty much useless to me since I have no use for 200 decos.

I haven't seen any deco prize for last event so I aasume its not running, not to mention all of GGE's development in new events is changing the color, deco, and tents. If it were running we'd have some useless tent for it outside our castle

• GGE's Motto and work ethic

"SHOW ME THE MONEEEEY! "

fierydemon @ en 1
    Playing since 2013
  • The new event hasn't even started yet. Are you that dumb?

No, it did not. That was the lotus king lmfao
    @DHDF22 (US1) 

I am sorry to inform you but the new exciting event is already in round 2. The first exciting round 1 is already finished, and the second round is currently running (Nomads). Sorry you missed all the fun of the first round.....In fact, it is a (I expect semi-manual) calculation made at GGE HQ. There are no prices distributed during weekends (I wonder why :wink: ). See for more information https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/334766/new-event-battle-of-nations

No, it did not. That was the lotus king lmfao

Yeah, actually, it DID.  See the link in @BerserkerNick (NL1)'s post.

I know this is a POORLY run, POORLY explained, CLASSICALLY GGE production.... but see below.  That IS the Robber Baron King.  "The Flayer".    This IS the Battle OF Nations.   And, we are in round 2..........

Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Sooooooo, what was our prize for event 1? I never saw anything. And wtf? An entire "event" that's invisible and we basically just get a handful of 5 hour skips as a reward? That's even worse than the deco piece the first big announcement made it sound like lol.
    Sooooooo, what was our prize for event 1? I never saw anything. And wtf? An entire "event" that's invisible and we basically just get a handful of 5 hour skips as a reward? That's even worse than the deco piece the first big announcement made it sound like lol.

Oh yeah, this is a great big pile of nothin.   Not certain how they are going about "awarding" the Bronze, Silver, and Gold.  It LOOKS like it should be after each event.  But, no one has received anything for WoR yet.  Not even a mention of where everyone stands. 

As is typical, they do a good job "story telling", trying to get people excited about the "Shiny New Treat!". then just drop the dog chow on the plate.

Woof......

Good night.
    Sleep well.

Sign In to comment.