We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Black market tool rework

Yeah sure, I understand it all but changing it so that outposts don't give tools anymore are a serious let down, if you're capture the outpost off someone in ruins why does the person in ruins need it?

Bottom line, they don't

Comments

• OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) Posts: 962
    Bottom line, the player in ruins worked hard to get those tools, therefore his hard work should die together with him, not letting some random guy claim his hard work
    If the persons in ruins it means they've quit or somehow lost access to the acc, and unless they're a serious wanker they'll be happy that the person who's taking their old outpost now has their tools so that they aren't wasted.

Why waste tools? Honestly ? 

A multi accounter is much less likely to drop off outposts and capture them from their multi's just for tools as that's a very long project 

• OxO (AU1) said:

Why waste tools? Honestly ? 
    So you can spend rubies to buy more
  • I think the update is mostly intended to stop people from losing property and tools along with it, i.e. capitals metros monuments labs etc

The side effects are it stops people from tool trading, multis from pooling tools (aside from gifts), and the gathering of tools from capturing property off of players quitting or in ruins.

While I don't necessarily like the second part, the first part is nice, especially for an RT holder, lets say I put 1k limes, machs, and slits in there (to me seems excessive, but if you're not planning on losing that tower...), and someone caps it off me, lets say I had 99 limes in all 4 slots on one part of the wall, that gives them like 500 of my limes, all 1k slits and machs, when it'd be really nice to not lose those.

It sucks to be the one capping stuff, but it's pretty nice to be the one losing it and not lose a bunch of tools along WITH your property.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • I think the update is mostly intended to stop people from losing property and tools along with it, i.e. capitals metros monuments labs etc

The side effects are it stops people from tool trading, multis from pooling tools (aside from gifts), and the gathering of tools from capturing property off of players quitting or in ruins.

While I don't necessarily like the second part, the first part is nice, especially for an RT holder, lets say I put 1k limes, machs, and slits in there (to me seems excessive, but if you're not planning on losing that tower...), and someone caps it off me, lets say I had 99 limes in all 4 slots on one part of the wall, that gives them like 500 of my limes, all 1k slits and machs, when it'd be really nice to not lose those.

It sucks to be the one capping stuff, but it's pretty nice to be the one losing it and not lose a bunch of tools along WITH your property.

BUT, if you lose the KT then it's hardly realistic that you would get the tools and the player who capped it deserves the tools inside as another benefit of it. As a former KT holder I have lost tools in them before... and it is irritating, however it is also fair that you lose them.

Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

• Also... on a general note... why do so many comments have flags? smh

Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

• I didn't really say it was realistic to not lose the tools, but from a "I spent money/time on these" perspective its nice to get them back.

I guess my philosophy is if an update benefits, or at least doesn't hurt, me I'm generally pretty okay with it.

People on the EN forums tend to give flags on posts they disagree with... I heard that most of the forums use LOLs to disagree. I think that'd be a better system, but hey, who am I to challenge forum culture.

Oh, right.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,941ASIA1
    With the monuments / lab's/ royal towers problems, there should be only defensive tools, only to defend them, attack tools should not be there so no one can buy them from monuments/ lab's etc. And the problem is solved, in the other way, after you captured a op, you can set up the defense, if someone try to break your capture, with the new change after you landed the attack, and the capture is on, there will be defense tool too ? If the old owner of the op had defense tools ofc.
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• How is what I said abuse or spam? lol

Sorry, OxO if you thought my comment was abusive and sorry to the 3 ppl who thought I was spamming because the truth stings a little too much for them and they would rather continue to live their puppies, rainbows and unicorns lifestyle. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's spam, just means you refuse to come out of your cave and open your views to the real world. You think the Earth is flat too?

GGE is a business, allowing people to take tools from players who don't play the game anymore doesn't help their business. It's all about the money which is what I meant by my post. Don't flag me because you don't like what GGE does.
    How is what I said abuse or spam? lol

Sorry, OxO if you thought my comment was abusive and sorry to the 3 ppl who thought I was spamming because the truth stings a little too much for them and they would rather continue to live their puppies, rainbows and unicorns lifestyle. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's spam, just means you refuse to come out of your cave and open your views to the real world. You think the Earth is flat too?

GGE is a business, allowing people to take tools from players who don't play the game anymore doesn't help their business. It's all about the money which is what I meant by my post. Don't flag me because you don't like what GGE does.
    Wasn't me who rated it lol, I was going to comment with "standard GGS employee thought process" or something like that.

• You watching me type or something? Damn, that was one hell of a quick response! 
    You watching me type or something? Damn, that was one hell of a quick response! 
    For some reason for the first time ever I got this little bubble telling me you commented on my thread hahahahah 

Hmmm another bumpable thread i think

the fooking tools that I lost capping my new ops... feggits

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,830AU1
    OxO (AU1) said:

What if you are the person in ruins had all you attacking tools in op's come back without op's (hard enough) and then also no tools?

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
    OxO (AU1) said:

What if you are the person in ruins had all you attacking tools in op's come back without op's (hard enough) and then also no tools?
    End of the day it's their fault for going to ruins.

Though maybe a toggle ability to decide if the tools can be passed on, sounds pretty useless though doubt anyone'll use it

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,830AU1
    OxO (AU1) said:
    OxO (AU1) said:

End of the day it's their fault for going to ruins.

Though maybe a toggle ability to decide if the tools can be passed on, sounds pretty useless though doubt anyone'll use it
    For example getting hospitalized and if they make a toggle option it will be abused and we got the multi tool farming problem all over again so a hell no to that.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • zaxx (US1)zaxx (US1) Posts: 106
    edited 23.10.2017
    I think the update is mostly intended to stop people from losing property and tools along with it, i.e. capitals metros monuments labs etc

BUT, if you lose the KT then it's hardly realistic that you would get the tools and the player who capped it deserves the tools inside as another benefit of it. As a former KT holder I have lost tools in them before... and it is irritating, however it is also fair that you lose them.
    Friedrich...
    So why have loot commanders, or plunderers ?  If this wasn't the way the game was designed ? whats the purpose of the game ?  Yes I can see rv trading and monument trading and the abuse in those .  .. But ops are objects of war .. It is mighty unwieldy to cap an op , capture what ever tools were there, then  release the op ( 24 hours) then do the whole process again at a later time  !    I can only speak for myself , but once I cap or build an op ..I INTEND TO KEEP IT !!  ..GGEs logic is absurdly flawed here ...DEFINE PLUNDER !!  ...Oh wait ...we cant plunder or loot anymore ...we  FARM ! .This isn't a game of war and conquest anymore ( like it ever was )  its becoming a farm only game ..Swartzkoff said it best 20 plus years ago "bovine scatology...

Sign In to comment.