Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Gem Cap Stats

Comments

• Damage from fire (attack) and building damage (defence):

The current cap - on the live servers - for equipment is 50%. Since gems don’t count towards the cap it is possible to go past 100%. This method is used by players to become immune to fire, when the attacker isn’t using the building damage bonus.The new cap of 75% is a compromise to still make it possible to reach this immunity state, but requires heroes, a fire station, legend skill or research to reach 100%.

and there it goes
    the hypocrisy par excellence 

so until now players didn't necessarily need fire station to get to 100% fire reduction now they will need it...and lvl1 won't be enough which means to spend additionally 20k rubies at least if not more ...and that's x7 cos pretty much everyone has 7 castles at least

good job GGE good job lying to us 
    u really think we're idiots! gee go figure :/

They want to make a 'fair' game for all, but the idea of 100% reduction of fire only seems like to be availlable for 'ruby or strong players'.  I don't think anyone gets that.

Hello everyone!

Good to see you. I'm Lucas from the dutch server (NL1) and i play in an amazing Alliance called Two Towers. I really enjoy playing the game. If you want to make contact with me leave a message here or if you are from the dutch server message me there!

Kind regards Lucas1999

• Nikki5853 (US1)Nikki5853 (US1) US1 Posts: 94

Damage from fire (attack) and building damage (defence):

The current cap - on the live servers - for equipment is 50%. Since gems don’t count towards the cap it is possible to go past 100%. This method is used by players to become immune to fire, when the attacker isn’t using the building damage bonus.The new cap of 75% is a compromise to still make it possible to reach this immunity state, but requires heroes, a fire station, legend skill or research to reach 100%.

and there it goes
    the hypocrisy par excellence 

so until now players didn't necessarily need fire station to get to 100% fire reduction now they will need it...and lvl1 won't be enough which means to spend additionally 20k rubies at least if not more ...and that's x7 cos pretty much everyone has 7 castles at least

good job GGE good job lying to us 
    u really think we're idiots! gee go figure :/

They want to make a 'fair' game for all, but the idea of 100% reduction of fire only seems like to be availlable for 'ruby or strong players'.  I don't think anyone gets that.
    Oh I think most everyone gets it, lol. 
    Nikki5853 @ usa 1
  • hionmentho (US1)hionmentho (US1) US1 Posts: 291
    GGE is ISIS.
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,104

"I think the fact the leader of one of your top alliances started with a threat to hit anybody who didn't follow his approach wasn't helpful.  It implies players are following the line not because they agree with it but because they are afraid of the consequences hardly shows widespread support. "   @batten

wut are you talking about?

Tell me who votes "Agree" & I will eternally burn their angus in the fiery depths of Hades.  From the closed Poll thread

If you compare that to the post Breor made on the same thread hopefully my point is clearer.  If you consider it from the point of view of developing, less developed and lower level players GGE looks to be trying to actually protect us whilst limiting an unintended advantage for players who already have a massive advantage gained fairly in some cases and now clearly unfairly in others then big players not spending money is like being gifted a holiday.  I'm simply saying your current approach as opposed to Breor's runs the risk of you being seen as a wealthy elite aiming to protect your interests rather than acting in the best interests of all players in the game. You might want to consder whether Breor is a spokesman you can get behind.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • trey564 (US1)trey564 (US1) Posts: 447
    edited 05.05.2017

INGREDIENTS

• 1 ¼ cups milk
    • 2 ¼ teaspoons (one package) active dry yeast
    • 2 eggs
    • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled
    • ¼ cup granulated sugar
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 4 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling out the dough
    • 2 quarts neutral oil, for frying, plus more for the bowl.

PREPARATION

1. First heat the milk until it is warm but not hot, about 90 degrees. In a large bowl, combine it with the yeast. Stir lightly, and let sit until the mixture is foamy, about 5 minutes.
      2. Using an electric mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, beat the eggs, butter, sugar and salt into the yeast mixture. Add half of the flour (2 cups plus 2 tablespoons), and mix until combined, then mix in the rest of the flour until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Add more flour, about 2 tablespoons at a time, if the dough is too wet. If you’re using an electric mixer, the dough will probably become too thick to beat; when it does, transfer it to a floured surface, and gently knead it until smooth. Grease a large bowl with a little oil. Transfer the dough to the bowl, and cover. Let rise at room temperature until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
      3. Continue to turn the dough out onto a well-floured surface, and roll it to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut out the doughnuts with a doughnut cutter, concentric cookie cutters or a drinking glass and a shot glass (the larger one should be about 3 inches in diameter), flouring the cutters as you go. Reserve the doughnut holes. If you’re making filled doughnuts, don’t cut out the middle. Knead any scraps together, being careful not to overwork, and let rest for a few minutes before repeating the process.
      4. Keep putting the doughnuts on two floured baking sheets so that there is plenty of room between each one. Cover with a kitchen towel, and let rise in a warm place until they are slightly puffed up and delicate, about 45 minutes. If your kitchen isn’t warm, heat the oven to 200 at the beginning of this step, then turn off the heat, put the baking sheets in the oven and leave the door ajar.
      5. Go ahead and wait about 15 minutes before the doughnuts are done rising, put the oil in a heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, and heat it to 375. Meanwhile, line cooling racks, baking sheets or plates with paper towels.
      6. Gently add the doughnuts to the oil, a few at a time. If they’re too delicate to pick up with your fingers (they may be this way only if you rose them in the oven), use a metal spatula to pick them up and slide them into the oil. It’s O.K. if they deflate a bit; they’ll puff back up as they fry. When the bottoms are deep golden, after 45 seconds to a minute, use a slotted spoon to flip; cook until they’re deep golden all over. Doughnut holes cook faster. Transfer the doughnuts to the prepared plates or racks, and repeat with the rest of the dough, adjusting the heat as needed to keep the oil at 375. Glaze or fill as follows, and serve as soon as possible.
      7. Serve hot and enjoy.
      I can confirm, making donuts is better than gge

When the mods delete your signature :(

• In

Good thing I'm povo so its not hard ;) 
      Lord septimus @us1

• @Lord Septimus 
      Explain yourself please.
      Lige14 @ usa 1
    • The real question is when is a war game supposed to be balanced and/or fair?
      So if North Korea has a shitty casty or even a 90/90 and the U.S. comes in with a nasty super comm with the elemental gems that were not intended to be used on that particular comm set that puts the power over 90/90, and North Korea doesn't have enough support or strength to hold the walls and they get their asses spanked, is that unfair? Fuck no it isn't, because the U.S. spent a lot money and time in research and development producing such equipment and finding the best setup to spank ass.
      Or if the U.S. comes in there with a stealthy ass F-22 half druid half invader comm with nailbiter gems and gives no horn to North Korea because they don't have a damn watchtower, is that unfair? Fuck no it isn't because the U.S. figured out a stealthy ass combo to use to their advantage to sneak attack those peeps because they don't have the proper equipment to defend themselves against it!!!!!!!!!!

lulz

This isn't the USA or North Korea though.

Its a game.
      @OnionGod (AU1)

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/analogy

laughing popcorn gremlins eating popcorn GIF

@Top Secret (US1)

I was only messing with ya. lol
      diaper boy @ USA
      onion god @ AU
    • hionmentho (US1)hionmentho (US1) US1 Posts: 291
      Wow GGE, I haven't been screwed this hard since my first confession.
    • Plumpy21 (US1)Plumpy21 (US1) US1 Posts: 471
      edited 06.05.2017
      Wow GGE, I haven't been screwed this hard since my first confession.
      In Elementary school? I LOVE YOU <Insert name of girl you had a crush on.>... Oh woops.
      Just saying the bears and the lions get it in this game... 

What is the max hoarder level?

• Stumpyalaskan (US1)Stumpyalaskan (US1) US1 Posts: 110
      edited 06.05.2017
      @BM ang1243

I do not see a thread to comment on the note from the designers so I will comment here.

To my knowledge, there was never a cap on cool down. Since the only cool down equipment that was ever introduced to the game was a 10% cool down 2 piece equipment set and a 20% cool down 3 piece set. If you are supposed enforcing the "original" equipment caps then there should not be one on cool down. Also, there have not been any gems sold that had a cool down component so there should not be a claim that bought gems have been used in unintended ways for this stat.

Please research and reply.

Disclaimer: Yes this cap does effect me. I have a vested interest in this cap not going through.
      Post edited by Stumpyalaskan (US1) on
      Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
    • My alliance family has free will, Some of us have chosen not to play and make Donuts this round instead, does not mean TU is not behind this donut mixture. Just we have BIG  non donut makers doing their thing. Peace out man.
    • Lord septimus (US1)Lord septimus (US1) Posts: 775
      edited 06.05.2017

@Lord Septimus 
      Explain yourself please.
      :sunglasses:

Lord septimus @us1
    • gems intended for sets just need to be made so they cannot be used with anything other than the intended set and everything else left alone. how hard is that?? not complicated. lol.

that is the issue right ??

other gems have nothing to do with this, so no reason to change them.
    • Hi all,

We should be releasing an announcement surrounding the Gem Rework soon, I'm sorry I haven't been around to answer all of your questions, It's been a really busy weekend for me for lots of reasons, and there were far too many conflicting questions on this thread for me to give them the full response they deserve.

The only thing I can promise you guys is that we're pushing to get a rework of the update for the game, and we'll also be fighting for fair compensation bearing in mind the final layout of the update.

Angus

As to the last announcement it seems no matter the fact that 90% of players (poll) responded that they do not agree with this change for "balance" GGE is going to do it anyways. That's fine, it's their sandbox, it's just our choice to play in it.

The only thing left to say is that the compensation had better be full and substantial for those that bought and worked their tails off for gems with the sole intention of creating these specialty sets we thought up.

• Obviously we know their answer was in conflict with reality.  I think it just shows they never intended it to go above 90/90 from gems/equipment, and didn't really give my request a thorough examination.

Quite surprising (but they may have already been working on the current proposed change in Dec 2016).
      But ever if it was maybe never designed like that, this use had been confirmed as correct by GGS during some time: this question was also asked on FR forum to CM, 2 times  (ruby gem / Kala gems), and this 2 times, with 2 different CMs (before we had none), and we did not get the answer Manatee had.
      It was at these times (April & October 2016) confirmed that it was working and ok (with, in the second topic, specific precision it was confirmed internally).
      https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/fr/discussion/comment/4743182/#Comment_4743182
      https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/fr/discussion/comment/4519201/#Comment_4519201

Sign In to comment.