Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Gem Cap Stats

Comments

• First of all sorry i didn't read the whole thread to find the awsner on my question, but 9 pages is a bit too much. I was wondering wether the gems for extra fighting power at the courthyard where included in the max 90 or that it isn't

Can anyone help me with that?

Hello everyone!

Good to see you. I'm Lucas from the dutch server (NL1) and i play in an amazing Alliance called Two Towers. I really enjoy playing the game. If you want to make contact with me leave a message here or if you are from the dutch server message me there!

Kind regards Lucas1999

• First of all sorry i didn't read the whole thread to find the awsner on my question, but 9 pages is a bit too much. I was wondering wether the gems for extra fighting power at the courthyard where included in the max 90 or that it isn't

Can anyone help me with that?

nope, courtyard bonus stays unlimited and not related to any other bonus 
  • billdo09 (US1)billdo09 (US1) US1 Posts: 375

on a serious note screwing long time players big money players and longtime big money players is prob not your best idea ever, yall need to take a step back and do some actual thinking. I don't like using my brain either GGE but folks aren't paying my salary in a game.

billdo09 @ usa 1

• Mushroom :3 (US1)Mushroom :3 (US1) Posts: 377
    edited 29.04.2017

Lol, MAX SALTINESS.

Your gonna have to adapt sweetheart, Its rare to get 8k troops on a FL, but possible, yea you might have to send more attacks. If you have a FL comm you should be able to destroy a lot of it, with 1-2 attacks.

A little extra work didn't hurt anyone.

Not to mention, I'm sure, that the cast gems on FLs will also be changed to adapt to the new gem change, so less gems for the cast and less gems for the comm.

You know.. in this foreign war scored so far 1.351.136 ..  my highest score.. but growing legendary and getting stronger.. right..
    For a root non ruby.. that was not even possible if i did not find the 8.000, 6.000, 4.000 foreign castles troops inside.. and most beaten on first strike...
    Cause for a non ruby to recruit lost attack armies, even with recruit as it is it will take at least two days.. and with non stop recruit in all castles with a feast along..

So do not tell me to just do it in two or three hits.. cause i just would not have time to recover while times passes..
    Besides we all have a life apart from the game..
    Not nice to take what we acquired with effort to make and adapt our game-play to a more precise way according to our needs and available time we have.

Those 7k troops are all defense.

This hit was made with a FL comm. This is just proof that those hits are possible.

diaper boy @ USA
    onion god @ AU
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,056

Lol, MAX SALTINESS.

Your gonna have to adapt sweetheart, Its rare to get 8k troops on a FL, but possible, yea you might have to send more attacks. If you have a FL comm you should be able to destroy a lot of it, with 1-2 attacks.

Not to mention, I'm sure, that the cast gems on FLs will also be changed to adapt to the new gem change, so less gems for the cast and less gems for the comm.

You know.. in this foreign war scored so far 1.351.136 ..  my highest score.. but growing legendary and getting stronger.. right..
    For a root non ruby.. that was not even possible if i did not find the 8.000, 6.000, 4.000 foreign castles troops inside.. and most beaten on first strike...
    Cause for a non ruby to recruit lost attack armies, even with recruit as it is it will take at least two days.. and with non stop recruit in all castles with a feast along..

So do not tell me to just do it in two or three hits.. cause i just would not have time to recover while times passes..
    Not nice to take what we acquired with effort to make and adapt our game-play to a more precise way according to our needs and available time we have.
    Do not ever forget that!..

I am not someone who buys a damm thing for bc and I scored 2 mil once and 1mil+ 6 times and finished all rewards every time except twice cause I went to hard in the glory event before , and I finished this fl event in 5 attacks and I do not even have 5 or 6 waves.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • hootie17 (GB1)hootie17 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 54
    If this update goes ahead as outlined then I can't see myself  playing this game after May.   It's outrageous that GGS should seek to fix a 'problem' (if it even is a problem)  of their own  making by penalising every single player who has worked hard to win the kit and gems they have dangled before us.  We've put up (more or less) with the dumbing down of the game to a series of repetitive events, tolerated dreadful outages, mediocre help desk support and now ... you will take away the only part of the game left where we can make real choices.

No thanks.
    hootie17 @ en 1
  • TwistedMind (GB1)TwistedMind (GB1) Posts: 309
    edited 29.04.2017

Lol, MAX SALTINESS.

Do not ever forget that!..

I am not someone who buys a damm thing for bc and I scored 2 mil once and 1mil+ 6 times and finished all rewards every time except twice cause I went to hard in the glory event before , and I finished this fl event in 5 attacks and I do not even have 5 or 6 waves.
    Dude highest score i could ever made is around 300k glory in a good foreign castle.. With minimal tools 1st wave and then stuffed with horse tails banners from nomads till the end..
    This time i was lucky with 8.000, 6.000,4.000 troop castles and made +/- 300k glory in each..

Here in Uk all foreign castles come with blue tools in defense slots and fire moat..
    Against veteran flame bearer and his veteran archer friend i have to send minimal of tools,, if not i am finished.. for the battle inside even with nice courtyard.. facing a 90/90 castelan.. i just have to win the wall/walls..
    Just do not know how to score + 300k Glory..
    Maybe only possible with veteran demons and only horsetail banners with no tools.. and of coarse, not against that veteran flame bearers..  in what we call a "glory hit" when too much troops around and we just have no food for them..
    But, i am in no big alliance to always receive that kind if veteran demons..

So when we talk about this a lot of factors have to be taken into account!.. i guess..
    So i am talking as average player in regular alliance..

And for me this was not even possible to beat that castles.. at first strike.. without foreign commander with flank gems, that i worked hard for to obtain or built.. that if this goes ahead it will lose its effect.. and become kinda of worthless..  and right more troops sent, more loot.. what they wanna make kind of worthless too..

That is the deal about it..
    Post edited by TwistedMind (GB1) on

httpsikinja-imgcomgawker-mediaimageuploads--XyQ7zT-V--c_fitfl_progressiveq_80w_636d840ldmbc8smsqrrdxyvgif
                          @MarchOfTheDamn
  • Hate to tell u guys this but I don't have a super powered go cart LD Cmdr, but it did have 17 sec horn last time it attacked someone and its only 100 LD (no LD hero) so maybe next time I use it it might be a 1:17 sec horn regardless peeps out there still screwed and I almost hate it for them. I don't go outta my way, but when I use it most of the time peeps deserve it.
  • TwistedMind (GB1)TwistedMind (GB1) Posts: 309
    edited 29.04.2017
    Interesting!

I just found the update, in search, were they tried to introduce about kingdom resources, and there was a massive reaction against it.. it is not from my time, but if i correctly been told.. around 700 pages.. or posts.. of people reacting against it.. and they just pulled it back..

But that was from another time with more players in game i guess..

So i found the update page   https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/113232/update-become-a-legend

But the reaction page was deleted.. lol

Maybe because of the mass negative feed back, by that time..

And this is the turning back..

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/113804/hotfix-removal-of-kingdom-resources-for-pre-level-70-buildings

Looks like it was really implemented and they had to take it out..

Do not know if something similar can be done again.. i mean, by reaching same protest level..

httpsikinja-imgcomgawker-mediaimageuploads--XyQ7zT-V--c_fitfl_progressiveq_80w_636d840ldmbc8smsqrrdxyvgif
                          @MarchOfTheDamn
  • kiki313 (US1)kiki313 (US1) Posts: 12
    edited 29.04.2017
    So first you offer troop bonuses, nomad/samurai/berimond bonuses, glory bonuses and more to promote your events to make money, and to win these great prizes if you finish 1st or top 50 or top 100
    Then you change it to make it "fair" so that if you buy more, you pay way more to get that bonus 
    Then you offer all these special sets of equipment, people get creative and find a way to make different sets better or stronger or combine gems for better bonuses, and now thats not fair? you should have put a cap on it when you brought it out if you didnt want people to use it with other equipment 
    So now your going to cap the flanks at 50%? 50? So the 104% flank commander that i had to win by getting top 50 in fcs multiple times is now usless 
    Great, gems are now going to be free to remove, do we get money back for purchasing those gems that pop up every 2 hours and freeze this chitty game for 5 minutes? 
    Why dont you cap how much food you can make at your castles so that its fair, and make cy bonus 50% as well so we dont kill too many troops if we attack someone.
    Maybe just take all the equipment away and we can all fight with no bonuses, that would be as bout as fair as you can get 
    You cant have a fair game when you can buy all this equipment and bonuses and tools and troops. Its a shortcut straight to the front
    So lets just punish all the people who were creative or did well in the events or bought stuff, cause they are your best customers. Wtf kind of business you running
    +1
    The increase in bonus costs for frequent purchasers was a terrible decision for us and them. I've stopped trying to figure out their thinking because I'm not sure there is much rhyme or reason to it. Its like they throw 100 bad ideas into a hat and then blindly pick one out and stand behind that random bad idea like its the most awesome thing ever spoke of.

If there is a business model where you can say F.U. to your BEST customers, while still taking their money, smiling & shaking their hand, and also discreetly sticking your finger in their butthole against their will....then sadly, I have chose the wrong profession. However, if this update rolls out like described I will have to react in this fashion:

• @Helium (US1)

My question there would be does the player have 7 of those?

Let me introduce you to a mass where you hit all 7 of his/her castles at once. If you have people close enough, you simply spy and recall the army that is facing that castellan.

I can take a castellan (ruby, kala, even ice), load the courtyard with 20k plus troops and destroy any army that you send with any commander in the game. What is the difference or do we limit the number of defenders in the cy next?
    Yes, defenders should be limited to 2000 and they have to wear bright red clothing with targets on the front.

:)
    lol @ red clothing with targets. Best idea ever. Just eliminate support all together. Thats also unfair.

• Yo, if your done with GGE,

Come play online risk with me and the group:
    https://www.warlight.net/
    ^^^

Pm me either in game or on skype.
    Thanks so much for the tip!  I was just wondering which game to play next as this one is so obviously circling the drain.
  • Plumpy21 (US1)Plumpy21 (US1) US1 Posts: 471
    GGS, has done this before, think of all the reformations that they have done that the community hated:
    - Bakery Update (From 4 levels to 8 levels)
    - Watchtower Update (From 5, to 10)
    - Kingdom Resources Update (This one we got them to reverse slightly)
    - Tribute Update(Consisted of other alliances taking rubies from alliance treasure at the end of wars, that demanded a tribute. [along with resources])
    -  Adding Bloodcrows even though, FLs exist
    - Adding Sams even though, Nomads exist
    - Adding Underworld even though, TK and BC exist
    - Adding King Eric's Challenge even though, all the other season's exist
    - Adding King Eric's Painting even though, Travelling Knights exist.

- There are probably more, they added so many crap updates over the years.
    Not to mention doing all these updates, when people have been asking for other updates, like:
    - A fix to lag
    - Connection issues
    - etc.
    Just saying the bears and the lions get it in this game... 

What is the max hoarder level?

• You got to be kidding me, your guys solution is screwing players who spent time, money and coins?  Screw your taking the gems of for free.  It cost all of us time, money and coins to get and put on those gems and build this equipment.  This has to be the stupidest move GGE is making yet.  Ignornig your customer base is truely idiotic. 
  • I'm looking forward to the update.
    Everyone here just needs to deal with it or quit the game.
  • K1LLER (US1)K1LLER (US1) US1 Posts: 561
    You got to be kidding me, your guys solution is screwing players who spent time, money and coins?  Screw your taking the gems of for free.  It cost all of us time, money and coins to get and put on those gems and build this equipment.  This has to be the stupidest move GGE is making yet.  Ignornig your customer base is truely idiotic. 
    You are the hundredth person to say this lmao 
    We get it, you are mad 
  • GGS, has done this before, think of all the reformations that they have done that the community hated:
    - Bakery Update (From 4 levels to 8 levels)
    - Watchtower Update (From 5, to 10)
    - Kingdom Resources Update (This one we got them to reverse slightly)
    - Tribute Update(Consisted of other alliances taking rubies from alliance treasure at the end of wars, that demanded a tribute. [along with resources])
    -  Adding Bloodcrows even though, FLs exist
    - Adding Sams even though, Nomads exist
    - Adding Underworld even though, TK and BC exist
    - Adding King Eric's Challenge even though, all the other season's exist
    - Adding King Eric's Painting even though, Travelling Knights exist.

- There are probably more, they added so many crap updates over the years.
    Not to mention doing all these updates, when people have been asking for other updates, like:
    - A fix to lag
    - Connection issues
    - etc.
    You forgot the auto war update, that was one of the worst.

Interesting!

I just found the update, in search, were they tried to introduce about kingdom resources, and there was a massive reaction against it.. it is not from my time, but if i correctly been told.. around 700 pages.. or posts.. of people reacting against it.. and they just pulled it back..

But that was from another time with more players in game i guess..

So i found the update page   https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/113232/update-become-a-legend

But the reaction page was deleted.. lol

Maybe because of the mass negative feed back, by that time..

And this is the turning back..

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/113804/hotfix-removal-of-kingdom-resources-for-pre-level-70-buildings

Looks like it was really implemented and they had to take it out..

Do not know if something similar can be done again.. i mean, by reaching same protest level..

I remember these threads well, I am pretty sure the main thread where most of the petitioning against the update was going on had over 5000 posts on it by the time it was closed. There were several other threads of with considerably fewer postings on them...but regardless the update was universally panned.

on a serious note screwing long time players big money players and longtime big money players is prob not your best idea ever, yall need to take a step back and do some actual thinking. I don't like using my brain either GGE but folks aren't paying my salary in a game.

You know how it works with GGS... .001 step forward...2 million steps back.

By GGS's logic.

We should ban rubies, we should ban feathers, everyone should have spearmen, all equipment is normal & lvl 3 gems are the max lvl. Also, let's make the max level 15 so that newbies can make all the progress & get all the rewards that people who have spent countless sums of money on or hours grinding the game for.

Also, I have heard that the complete 9/9 piece Eagle cast has a  55% or 65% flank bonus on it. Possibly the same for the Elementalist in it's "intended" set up.

Does this mean that GGS is going to scrap it's own "super" commanders & castellans? I mean those sets cost 4.5-5 million rubies.

That's enough to buy a Xbone & PS4 and a few dozen games + a 60 inch 4k TV....& possibly yet still pay for several years of online gaming for both systems.

Not like that's not a significantly better deal than a single commander or castellan in GGE..

Also..Why does GGS say it has "over 60 million active players' on GGE & 4 Kingdoms? That's a blatant lie.

Founder of Camelot Beasts.

• K1LLER (US1)K1LLER (US1) US1 Posts: 561
    My proposed solution is to make a gem cap but separate it from commander stat caps
    You have the equipment as their own stats and the gems as their own stats, you max out Glory at I think 80% on commanders, so make a 60% cap on glory that is separate from EQ with gems
    Only apply these caps to the stats you usually find on coms like Ranged/Melee, Wall, Gate, Moat, Glory, etc
    People can still have their OP gemmed up coms, but just like com sets have maxes, gems do as well, but they are completely separated from commanders.
    This still allows us to build unique coms
    What yal think?
    Let's propose this :D
Sign In to comment.