Home English (UK) Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Server War Battle Reports: Revelations and Judgement

Comments

• Lots of bans have been handed out, inside and outside of the war. I think all should keep in mind, that many players are contesting these bans, and GGS "thinking" you use a bot, doesn't necessarily mean you do. We've all heard the stories, some of us witnessed them personally, of people being banned just for being really active.

Perhaps we should sit back and see what consistently happens before making judgements based upon a likely very imperfect system

Just my 2 cents..
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Tempus (US1)Tempus (US1) US1 Posts: 778
    Lots of bans have been handed out, inside and outside of the war. I think all should keep in mind, that many players are contesting these bans, and GGS "thinking" you use a bot, doesn't necessarily mean you do. We've all heard the stories, some of us witnessed them personally, of people being banned just for being really active.

Perhaps we should sit back and see what consistently happens before making judgements based upon a likely very imperfect system

Just my 2 cents..
    So you think GGE just did a lottery? Random names in a hat? Banned Negan just to seem fair? 
    Yil is very fake news.   #MAGA
  • Mushroom :3 (US1)Mushroom :3 (US1) Posts: 377
    edited 24.04.2017
    I see lizardjoe's loot went down.

Usually he is on the top of loot scores. Just a mere observation.
    I see negan dropped 300k might points. Usually at the top of the list. Just a mere observation. 

Yup, Nice loot for lj holder too, another player who makes it to the top as well.

Guess not...
    Weird. Heartnoir doesn't seem to be near the top. I wonder why?

We can do this all day lol
    Yup, Looks like Morentz KT got taken, seems like he's banned too, someone of his stature shouldn't just let a KT go so easily.

dropped 200k MP xDDD
    diaper boy @ USA
    onion god @ AU
  • DainBread (US1)DainBread (US1) Posts: 307
    edited 24.04.2017
    Lots of bans have been handed out, inside and outside of the war. I think all should keep in mind, that many players are contesting these bans, and GGS "thinking" you use a bot, doesn't necessarily mean you do. We've all heard the stories, some of us witnessed them personally, of people being banned just for being really active.

Just my 2 cents..
    Doubt it, as I have been pulling 12 hour days lately (usually avg 8-10) and I was not banned, which tells me that their bans were justified.

-DB
  • I'm not saying it was random.. but I'm saying that there's a strong possibility of false positives going off, as many players are claiming there to be.

KON and MISC are not the only alliances supposedly effected by the bans, either bots are extremely widespread, or the system banning them isn't perfect.

As for banning Negan to seem fair, frankly, the top players are always going to be the ones under the most scrutiny for cheating.. I would say banning anyone in the top 100 would make them "seem" more credible to the masses, not that that's what they did.

I'm not taking a side.. just saying that there is a third option besides all of MISC uses bots, all of KON uses bots.. third option is that the banning system is not perfect

I support them trying to eliminate bots as much as the next guy, but they have to be able to do it in such a way that they minimize the innocent bans..

One thing I will say, is that I like their punishment setup, instead of an instant permanent ban that's unchallengeable, they let people back in a few times, to help them remove the kinks in their own system.

Hopefully it improves with time and we stop getting so many people banned saying they were innocent..
    Friedrich IV US1
  • @DainBread (US1)you say 8 to 10, some of us average 14-16 or even as much as 18 hours a day sometimes, and as you're well aware some of us have a habit of not sleeping for a couple nights just to accomplish a goal.. It's these types of people that are going to get punished, not the people that play a few hours a day
    Friedrich IV US1
  • Just because many people say they didn't use bots, doesn't mean they didn't use bots, ofc there gonna say they didn't use it, lol.

Lets take a look at ken.n, people have told me he hasn't bought for a long time and when he did buy it was in small amounts, he MUST be a active looter to keep that MP/ Event Ranking/ Food Production up, how come he didn't get innocently banned?

diaper boy @ USA
    onion god @ AU
  • @DainBread (US1)you say 8 to 10, some of us average 14-16 or even as much as 18 hours a day sometimes, and as you're well aware some of us have a habit of not sleeping for a couple nights just to accomplish a goal.. It's these types of people that are going to get punished, not the people that play a few hours a day
    I'm well aware. I doubt that GGS' bot sniffer determines if you're a botter based on hours player per day as that would not be logical.

-DB
    I'm not saying it was random.. but I'm saying that there's a strong possibility of false positives going off, as many players are claiming there to be.

KON and MISC are not the only alliances supposedly effected by the bans, either bots are extremely widespread, or the system banning them isn't perfect.

As for banning Negan to seem fair, frankly, the top players are always going to be the ones under the most scrutiny for cheating.. I would say banning anyone in the top 100 would make them "seem" more credible to the masses, not that that's what they did.

I'm not taking a side.. just saying that there is a third option besides all of MISC uses bots, all of KON uses bots.. third option is that the banning system is not perfect

I support them trying to eliminate bots as much as the next guy, but they have to be able to do it in such a way that they minimize the innocent bans..

One thing I will say, is that I like their punishment setup, instead of an instant permanent ban that's unchallengeable, they let people back in a few times, to help them remove the kinks in their own system.

Hopefully it improves with time and we stop getting so many people banned saying they were innocent..
    So, as a computer science major, you wouldn't say that GGE in all it's wisdom ran a log and saw double instances on the same IP address w/login credentials and decided to ban those accounts? 

Lettuce be honest here brosive, fishing upstream as these "bots" do, it's not hard to spot on something as simple as Wireshark or any other network/protocol traffic capturing system. 
  • Just because many people say they didn't use bots, doesn't mean they didn't use bots, ofc there gonna say they didn't use it, lol.

Lets take a look at ken.n, people have told me he hasn't bought for a long time and when he did buy it was in small amounts, he MUST be a active looter to keep that MP/ Event Ranking/ Food Production up, how come he didn't get innocently banned?

I can absolutely confirm that Ken.n doesn't use a bot.  He and I are in the same alliance and both chat a lot.  He's always on and hits everything.  He hasn't been banned cause he doesn't use a bot.  Not saying the bot detection system is perfect, but it seems to be working quite well.
    danielbannister @ usa 1
  • Mushroom :3 (US1)Mushroom :3 (US1) Posts: 377
    edited 25.04.2017
    Just because many people say they didn't use bots, doesn't mean they didn't use bots, ofc there gonna say they didn't use it, lol.

Lets take a look at ken.n, people have told me he hasn't bought for a long time and when he did buy, it was in small amounts, he MUST be a active looter to keep that MP/ Event Ranking/ Food Production up, how come he didn't get innocently banned?

I can absolutely confirm that Ken.n doesn't use a bot.  He and I are in the same alliance and both chat a lot.  He's always on and hits everything.  He hasn't been banned cause he doesn't use a bot.  Not saying the bot detection system is perfect, but it seems to be working quite well.

Yup, My point exactly, its not 100% perfect, but its doing well.

Many people on forums are saying there innocent, Maybe like 1-2 are actually innocent.
    diaper boy @ USA
    onion god @ AU
  • You on Skype, Tempus?

Would love to have a chat about it without spamming the everliving shit out of this thread
    Friedrich IV US1
    You on Skype, Tempus?

Would love to have a chat about it without spamming the everliving shit out of this thread
    Sorry bro, I deleted Skype a while back, I sometimes sneak into Discord or Slack but not very often, feel free to PM me in game. I agree, we clogging up this thread with hypothetical gibber jabber. Best leave that to Onion God
    You on Skype, Tempus?

Best leave that to Onion God
    Nah, my days of spamming are over, only Misc gets that treatment now.
    You ever seen the show Deadwood?
  • Well lets try and get this thread back on track shall we?

Those were the random hits from this week.... Now onto this weeks regular ones on Ryan ---

oldest report here is 8 days old all the rest are much newer -- 

Is ryan your farm?
    Now on the Australia server.

200k, finally
  • Ryan is my neighbor so yeah you could say he is my farm too [email protected] fusion
  • Hmm, haven't been on this thread for 2 months.

Anything change?

Founder of Camelot Beasts.

This discussion has been closed.