Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

open thread for "battle vs bots"

Comments

• kampo (US1)kampo (US1) US1 Posts: 283
    maybe you used a gift card twice , bots are not the only reason to get banned for ?? 
  • A gift card won't go through if it's already been used once.

Accidentally did that once myself. It doesn't produce a ban
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • mikeru (INT1)mikeru (INT1) INT1 Posts: 35
    Methodology for bot detection is clearly flawed in more ways than one. Most annoying for me is big increase in lag preventing usual game play, and constantly getting booted out of game for supposed connection failures. Once again GGS are demonstrating their incompetence.
    you are booted out because they are logging in your acct to sniff around and see your activity. :smile: 
    so who's got the password for everyone? GGE.
    jamvancouver @ WWW 1
  • Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,711
    GGE will not tell their criteria. They will just arbitrarily suspend acct where they think has suspicious activity. 
    1. if you are not chatting in game but racks up points in events, you are a bot. 
    2. if you sleep at night and continually recruit troopers, you are a bot.
    3. if you collect coins every 10mins, you are a bot.
    4. if you click too much of helping others, you are a bot.
    5. if your inbox is filled with unread messages, and still doing good in events, you are a bot.
    6. if you complain of your suspension, you are still a bot. 
    7. if you steal and drop rvs, you are a bot. 
    8. if you make 100M coins, you are a bot.
    9. if you click 900 times in a day, you are a bot.
    10. if you don't suspend buying rubies, you are a bot!
    plain and simple. 
    so go and play use wood tools.
    :wink:

@jamvancouver (INT1)
    You are the same guy who on page 5 said using bots is an indication of skill in this game, and an indication of someone loving to actually play the game.  You said it's an indication of competitiveness as well.  

No, it is not.  It's an indication of avoidance of all three.  You can have skill and competitiveness and love for a game and still use a bot... but for the duration of the time you use that bot you've just removed 100% of your skill, love of game time and competitiveness from the equation.  When you come back online, your love of game time is back, but your skill and competitiveness is reduced by a factor of whatever stuff you've obtained by someone else (the bot) playing your account.

You are, in fact, using a bot to try and compete against people whose accounts ARE defined by skill, competitiveness and an actual love for the game (well, and rubies, but that's another long subject).  Using bots does show that you have skill with and love for using bots though, so maybe you can use that on some game or forum dedicated to bot competitions?  Maybe you already do, if so I wish you the best of luck.

You also said that GGE should:
    "get more brains and hire more competent programmers to improve game features instead of going after the players who pays for the game and be in the game"
    I'm pretty sure the overwhelming number of requests is to: fix lag, fix cheaters, fix the horrible ruby gap / inflation, fix bugs, communicate more... and THEN add new stuff.  And if you truly mean "improve" game features instead of "add" then I actually agree with you.  Removing bots improves dozens of game features since legitimate players are no longer in fake competitions (Cultist towers nobility, anyone?  recruiting?  how about simple coin accumulation to level up more equipment sets?).  It also helps alliances legitimately compete with various events.

Remember, bot users need only have some kind of vpn masking to run multiple accounts at once, and they're set up beautifully without having to lift a finger afterward.  It's hard to effectively multi-account at a high level unless you have bots :)  So I'm not sorry if this ruins chances for bot users to run a whole network of alts on a series of 5 computers with bot programs on them, and I wish you would stop trying to make excuses for it.

I do not want GGE to reveal how they are able to tell who uses a bot, because I want people like you to be unsure of which bot programs are safe to use, or what to code for.  I want people like you (if you're one of them) caught.

Basically, I want to play against YOU, not against some little code you slapped on your computer while you're at work making a living by smelling armpits for a deodorant manufacturer.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • Manatee no need to get personal  o:)
  • Recruitment nobility is won by money not by bots Manatee lol

or lots of samurai tokens ;)
    Friedrich IV US1
  • Wondering what happened to fluffy unicorns XD
    diaper boy @ USA
    onion god @ AU
  • Recruitment nobility is won by money not by bots Manatee lol

or lots of samurai tokens ;)
    Speaking of which, gge should change it back to the way it was before.

Lord septimus @us1
  • The Ntk (US1)The Ntk (US1) US1 Posts: 600
    anyone know of a good bot i can run
  • Wondering what happened to fluffy unicorns XD

we decided to split our forces and help DT and TU compete against each other.  We're all quite still family and back in the same alliance now.
    danielbannister @ usa 1
    Manatee no need to get personal  o:)
    I FEEL THE NEED!  THE NEED FOR SPEE... oh wait, wrong forum.
    Come on admit it, it wasn't that bad, lol.

I just don't like bots or multies in a game where I like to complete on a level playing field.  Even if it's not perfect, at least I see that GGE is trying.  Next maybe they can work on the unbalanced ruby gap.

@Friedrich IV (US1)
    Recruitment nobility is won by money not by bots Manatee lol
    So you'd like to talk about 1st place only, instead of top 50, top 100 etc?
    Oh you BEAST you :)
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
  • Wanheda (US1)Wanheda (US1) US1 Posts: 89
    being a computer geek, i'm interested in how they can tell if you used a bot.
    @BM ang1243 does the system just suspend people that haven't logged off in a long while? i've done 36hr sprees of gaming... but i'm now unsure about doing that as i might get suspended, i understand you think everyone sleeps for 10hrs a day, but sorry we don't.

Peace out
    Red
  • So you'd like to talk about 1st place only, instead of top 50, top 100 etc?
    Oh you BEAST you :)
    Maybe under the old recruitment system, but with the new recruitment system all you have to do is be there to feast and re-queue troops up every 6 hours for a day. Or use lots of samurai/nomad points to get to first, hit aggressively to win rewards from the events, etc

With a pretty baselined ability to recruit from the new system, in order to perform well in the nobility you just need to find *additional* ways to get troops.
    Friedrich IV US1
    Maybe under the old recruitment system, but with the new recruitment system all you have to do is be there to feast and re-queue troops up every 6 hours for a day. Or use lots of samurai/nomad points to get to first, hit aggressively to win rewards from the events, etc

With a pretty baselined ability to recruit from the new system, in order to perform well in the nobility you just need to find *additional* ways to get troops.
    Or instead of being on every several hours, just be on once to set the bot.  Then you have an advantage over the guys who do not use cheats and are not able to be on at exactly 12:15:01 pm and however many other times to do re-feasts and re-queue.

• You're not a bot user, and you are online several times throughout the day to play your game and compete in nobility.
    • I'm bot_user_00 and I just set my bot when nobility pops up, then I leave to go to the beach for 12 hours then come home to a nice gem or sack of crafting tools with a horrible sunburn.
    I'd rather you be the one getting the reward than my miserable peeling bot_self, but that's just me!
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
  • Well Tee I'm not sure what your queue times look like, but I can easily fill out all the rewards that are not ranked by having a single queue time set to run all day at every castle.

If I queue up a full barracks of 5x80 spearwomen/berzerker combo, it takes like 20 hours in my fastest castle, which across all kingdoms is going to be enough to fill all of those out.

I find it hard to believe that there are not 100 active players to take up all of the spaces by winning troops from events, with those that buy them in there as well, to push out the botters.

There can't be less than 100 people who are at least on to pop feasts every 6 hours, and hit some castles to get reward troops, can there?

Maybe I'm just naive, but I don't think botting is the reason that people get ranked rewards from the recruitment nobilities anymore. It's ruled now by spending money on troops, or getting them as rewards/using event points. The activity part was taken out when they added the auto-queue feature.
    Friedrich IV US1
  • The Ntk (US1)The Ntk (US1) US1 Posts: 600
    freid it seems the bot is the demise of gge all of its follies and lag all are due to the bot... havent you heard it is the worst thing since the atomic gumdrop. now that they are suspending players esp those that do well in the tournaments lets see how long this game runs. oh and manatee i have more respect for the player that runs the bot and goes to the beach than i do for the one that sits behind his computer for the 10-12 hours  playing a video game. i could only imagine what this must do for there waistline
  • freid it seems the bot is the demise of gge all of its follies and lag all are due to the bot... havent you heard it is the worst thing since the atomic gumdrop
    I've personally seen a dramatic increase in lag since the last update, a couple days before all the bans were handed out. It seems some other players have experienced this too, I've seen others complaining about the same things, like the massive load time for the screens to send resources to the outer kingdoms

i could only imagine what this must do for there waistline
    I can personally attest that it does very, very horrible things.
    Friedrich IV US1
    Well Tee I'm not sure what your queue times look like, but I can easily fill out all the rewards that are not ranked by having a single queue time set to run all day at every castle.

If I queue up a full barracks of 5x80 spearwomen/berzerker combo, it takes like 20 hours in my fastest castle, which across all kingdoms is going to be enough to fill all of those out.

I find it hard to believe that there are not 100 active players to take up all of the spaces by winning troops from events, with those that buy them in there as well, to push out the botters.

There can't be less than 100 people who are at least on to pop feasts every 6 hours, and hit some castles to get reward troops, can there?

Maybe I'm just naive, but I don't think botting is the reason that people get ranked rewards from the recruitment nobilities anymore. It's ruled now by spending money on troops, or getting them as rewards/using event points. The activity part was taken out when they added the auto-queue feature.
    Hey Fried, I think we're focusing too much on a cherry-picked scenario lol.  But I can offer some insight personally:

The last time I did recruitment nobility, I easily got into the first ranking tier without doing anything other than a queue at every castle with just the initial feast and collecting the alliance rewards that came in.  This tells me that had there been any bots in play, they 100% would have gotten into the ranking ahead of me pushed some people out.  So to answer your question: Yes, I suppose there were less than 100 people who popped a feast every 6 hours, recruited at every castle, and got reward troops... otherwise I wouldn't have succeeded.

I never disagreed with you about winning or placing in events if online.  That's not hard to do at all for someone like you or me.  I'm saying if people are going to be offline, the rewards should go to the players who put in the most work to get them or spent money legitimately, or simply had a little luck fall their way, not to the ones who cheated to get them.  The ones who violated the rules they signed up for should get penalized... not the ones who didn't violate the rules.

Maybe GGE will fix a lot of the issues that frustrate us along the way.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file