Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Some Bot Maths to think about

Comments

• Is that not what the 'preset's are..., on a bot I can click 'send' on an attack I've saved. In the game I can click 'tick' on a wave that I've saved. Same difference no?
    nope, one is against the T&S the other is not. like i said, GGS has been implementing aspects into the game to make bots less effective.
  • TPain (GB1)TPain (GB1) GB1 Posts: 67
    You see, we differ in definition ;-p
    TPain @ en 1
  • You see, we differ in definition ;-p
    the only difference is that my definition aligns with GGS' definition, yours does not.
  • Get over it. Using bots is just a unfair advantage to players. Thats all it is.

NoMoreEvents

More or less unfair than rubies?
    TPain @ en 1
  • Breor (US1)Breor (US1) US1 Posts: 243

My issue is that 'more work and effort' is I can click my mouse more regularly than you. That shouldn't really be the gameplay and what makes one player better than another should it?

It absolutely should!

Mouse-clicking is pretty much the foundation for all video games... if the player doesn't use a mouse, he/she's probably using the keyboard or a controller. I don't play video games because they are physically demanding. It's not like there are any online strategy games out there which measure progress by how many marathons a player runs in real life.

I'll concede that there's not a whole lot of strategy to hitting the Nomad/Samurai camps. Once you understand how to do it, it's all about repetition. But that's no excuse to cheat!
    Breor @ USA 1
    Search for "Breor47" on YouTube
    Forum likes validate me.
  • More or less unfair than rubies?
    The thing about that is you have to work to get rubies and even with them you might not win the event. With bots you can win events without trying. Using bots helps no one but the person using them. Using rubies believe it or not helps everyone. When you buy rubies GGS gets money which (we think/hope)  goes to put food on the table for the crew and also make the game better for everyone else.Bots help only one. I would quit the game if I could never win or get close to winning an event because of people using bots who never really played the game. I know I'm not the only one who thinks that. You could win an event using a bot by playing the game around maybe 1 hour most likely less. I don't know about you but I do not want to play in a game which people do that.

NoMoreEvents

• OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    Also GG cheers for making me read all this in German... not once has my profile been on a german server, this forum is horrendous for getting the right language displayed..
    you can probably get help for this in the "tech assistance" sub forum.  My guess is that there is a preference somewhere that needs to be changed, i took a quick look but didn't find it. Are you actually viewing the german langauge forums or are you viewing this forum in a german translation? (if its the latter it may be a browser setting you misclicked at some point).
    There's a bug where the page switches to german, you had to change the url link from like /empire/de to /empire/en . No one knows why, lol. @Raggle Fock (US1)

Also for the actual topic, botting shouldn't be allowed. Simple as that, if you don't have enough time, then too bad mate. It's just a game, no?

since botting gives you rubies its more unfair by definition
    since lot of bugs, players lost there valuable troops lot of times and is it fair for GGE??

Bobi124Player @ WWW 1
  • Raggle Fock (US1)Raggle Fock (US1) Posts: 1,391
    edited 25.04.2017
    since lot of bugs, players lost there valuable troops lot of times and is it fair for GGE??

any troops lost due to bugs/downtime on GGS's end can be reimbursed, so there goes your argument. thats what 4-0 me now?
  • Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655

Consider the mouse clicks needed to complete nomads:

I estimate 18 clicks to complete a full cycle of skipping time and hitting a nomads camp (more if you don't have every wave preset). If you're getting say 75 tabs per hit, to complete the event we are talking 3600+ hits. Nomads is now on for around 4 days, so that's about 900 clicks per day. If like me you can play for a few hours a day around work this becomes very challenging on top of everything else you're going to want to do in game at the same time, let alone chat.

But should it be? I have the troops, I have the comms, I have the tools... I just don't want RSI and I would like to be able to at least vaguely focus on other things like family while I play.

In my experience (yes I got a ban, big whoop), bots allow this to happen. There is nothing I have done with bots that I could not do normally, it just saves me from RSI (seriously) and allows me a bit of a balance while playing. I have only run it when online.

GGE: What you really needed to do before banning things that improve gameplay (yes that's right, it improves gameplay imo) is make your own system better. You have made presets, you have revamped recruitment, this is really the last thing, auto-attacks that you can save and do bits and bobs with just like bots offer. If you actually just did this we would have no need for bots. I genuinely think a number of people do not use bots to 'cheat' as such, they use it to improve your gameplay which is waaaay to click heavy!

Just some thoughts anyway..

TP

What's funny - and horrible - about this for me is that GGE has essentially turned it's player base into mindless bots.

"here, click a bunch of pretend settings, grind a ton, and get a pretend reward."
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
    @Raggle Fock : I think we differ on definitions of bots. Bots do not have to run a game for you taking away the 'real player aspect', they can just be used to minimise mouse clicking.
    bots are automated programs that no longer require human input to take actions where they were once required.
    Yeah, that's why it's so disturbing that some people use bots to run their entire game. Not because they're "cheating" but because the game actually requires no human input for the vast majority of it its play.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1

And funny this is Bobi124player, a lot of recent changes have been moved forward because of players using bots showing how the game should develop, not sticking around with a aging format based on heavy mouse clicking. GG aren't really against bots, they are against other people's bots. The game will essentially have an in-built bot format before long will it not...read their own roadmap.

Let's hope!
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
    Get over it. Using bots is just a unfair advantage to players. Thats all it is.
    TPain (GB1) said:
    They've really gone far into p2w. It's ok charging rubies for stuff, since we can loot rubies in game so patient players like myself just save up, but now that nomad and sammie boosts cost real money, the only way to win those as an alliance is to have people boosting.

Pay 2 win kills games - all it takes is people realizing that what should be a distraction from real life actually recreates wealth hierarchies that they're trying to escape.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1

@hidingfromyou : I think we are on a similar wave length.

TPain @ en 1
  • kampo (US1)kampo (US1) US1 Posts: 283
    NO , not the same , is the game fun for you ? You sound like a whining baby who just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar , be a man/woman and take your punishment , don't try to rationalize your cheating actions , you should receive a permanent ban !!!
  • Get over it. Using bots is just a unfair advantage to players. Thats all it is.
    TPain (GB1) said:
    They've really gone far into p2w. It's ok charging rubies for stuff, since we can loot rubies in game so patient players like myself just save up, but now that nomad and sammie boosts cost real money, the only way to win those as an alliance is to have people boosting.

Pay 2 win kills games - all it takes is people realizing that what should be a distraction from real life actually recreates wealth hierarchies that they're trying to escape.
    ^^^^^This

Lord septimus @us1
  • @Raggle Fock : I think we differ on definitions of bots. Bots do not have to run a game for you taking away the 'real player aspect', they can just be used to minimise mouse clicking.
    bots are automated programs that no longer require human input to take actions where they were once required.
    Yeah, that's why it's so disturbing that some people use bots to run their entire game. Not because they're "cheating" but because the game actually requires no human input for the vast majority of it its play.

Well, for events, yes.

During a war, No.
    diaper boy @ USA
    onion god @ AU
  • Have to say the best improvement to come from GGS was the tools/recruitment changes - driven by spiralling bot usage. The sheer drudgery of feasting was astonishing and the pitiful numbers of tools that could be produced made sams/nomads/beri extremely difficult without using loads of coin to buy tools. Hence the reason why a lot of people started using bots.

In effect, GGS were the prime cause because they deliberately maintained a poor system which was user intensive and inadequate for the purposes of the game.GGS are nor good at limiting the number of operations required to complete any given task [just been putting out some small fires and noticed extra unnecessary clicks have been re-introduced :-(] and the plain fact is that intense play can give rise to repetitive strain injuries. I have a regular problem with mouse wrist and a shoulder strain resulting purely from gameplay. There is a future for bot usage in this respect and if it drives GGS to reconsider some of the more cumbersome aspects of gameplayso much the better.
    GamerGac5754 @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file