Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

suggestion for marketplace resource transport

I suggest that the resource transport function be updated to allow players to stack transport orders such that a castle or outpost's marketplace can be instructed to send resources to several locations, and such that those transports would occur automatically and sequentially, once the market barrows return. 
These transports would occur in a specified order, which the player indicates. 

For example, a player could input transfer orders as follows: first to send food to his wood outpost, second send wood to his stone outpost, third to send stone to a neighboring castle, fourth to send food to another player's outpost.
Also, in case circumstances changed, the player should have the ability to edit the transfort orders, and the order in which they are fulfilled.
However, an edit to the fulfillment sequence would not apply to orders already under transport, i.e. already underway. 
If at the time when the sequence is being edited, an order is already underway, that order would have to be recalled and return to the castle, if it is to be included in the new order sequence. Otherwise, the edit would only apply to those orders which have not yet left the marketplace.   

Once the transport orders are placed in the marketplace, the player need do nothing else. He can log off and go to work if need be, and the orders will proceed so when he returns they will have been competed, just as his wounded soldiers will be healed in his absence once he assigns them to the healing slots in the hospital. 

The number of orders which may be sequentially stacked at one time could be tied to the upgrade level of the marketplace. 

This would provide a reward to active players who attack samurais, nomads, foreign lords, bloodcrows, robber barons, etc. continually and who fill up their storehouses. It will allow them to move resources to other storehouses which are not yet filled, or to donate resources to neighbors, thus providing needed room in their own storehouses to house the loot from their victories. Otherwise that loot is wasted. 

If loot is wasted, players have less incentive to attack targets. Why send out troops if the food they loot will only be wasted? However if the player is able to schedule deliveries of food from his warehouse to several locations while he is occupied with other concerns, he can make room for the food he gets by looting targets. 

While I am sure there are other upgrades which should have a higher priority than this one, I hope the programmers and owners of good game empire will consider this idea for a future upgrade, as soon as is convenient and circumstances allow. 
Thanks for reading. 

Comments

• P.S.  
    In case resources have been used up or allocated such that there is an insufficient amount to fulfill the order, that order would be put on hold, and the next fulfill-able order in line would be fulfilled, or executed if you will.

For example, let's say the third order in the sequence is for 4000 wood. And by the time the barrows return from fulfilling the second order, the player has assigned enough wood to scheduled upgrades and to the building of tools that the storehouse contains less than 4000 wood; in that case the order to transport 4000 wood would be put on hold, and the execution of fulfillment skips to the fourth scheduled transport order. 

Anyway, the software writers know how to troubleshoot stuff like that. 

• P.S.  
    In case resources have been used up or allocated such that there is an insufficient amount to fulfill the order, that order would be put on hold, and the next fulfill-able order in line would be fulfilled, or executed if you will.

For example, let's say the third order in the sequence is for 4000 wood. And by the time the barrows return from fulfilling the second order, the player has assigned enough wood to scheduled upgrades and to the building of tools that the storehouse contains less than 4000 wood; in that case the order to transport 4000 wood would be put on hold, and the execution of fulfillment skips to the fourth scheduled transport order. 

Hi Bill

I have checked out your profile and your post and i support this idea, btw that's a pretty decent mustache

• OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    P.S.  

Hi Bill

I have checked out your profile and your post and i support this idea, btw that's a pretty decent mustache

Lmao

• John Titor (INT1)John Titor (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    You can always donate your loot to ally. Only resource wasted is food.

And your suggestion. Never going to happen, for many reasons. First issue is multis who would benefit this lot.

And for active player, he fill 0 to 81k wood, stone and food less than 10 minutes from samuis or nomads, market barrows are waaaaaayyy too slow to move these to any where.

Trolling and rolling since ....... who knows?
  • You can always donate your loot to ally. Only resource wasted is food.

And your suggestion. Never going to happen, for many reasons. First issue is multis who would benefit this lot.

And for active player, he fill 0 to 81k wood, stone and food less than 10 minutes from samuis or nomads, market barrows are waaaaaayyy too slow to move these to any where.
    "First issue is multis who would benefit this lot."  I don't understand what you're saying. Can you expand on that? Assume I know very little about the game (not a bad assumption actually. I've been playing around 3 months.) 

As for how fast one can loot wood and stone, yes at higher levels you can loot a lot of stone and wood from sams and nomads. And I do like to donate rather than waste the loot. When I sign off for the night, if I stack orders to move wood and stone from my attacking op to my other ops and my castle, and to neighboring players, then in the morning I have plenty of room for more loot when I start my attacks in the morning. I would rather donate it than waste it. Being able to stack orders would allow me to attack frequently (which I like to do) and not waste as much of what I loot. 

• P.S.  

Hi Bill

I appreciate the support. But I have shaved the mustache. I ought to update the photo. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file