open thread for "battle vs bots"

Comments

• Hi all,

The bot bans take into account all previous uses of bots, so if you have ever used a bot, or a macro, in any way, you should be banned, it isn't just for players currently using them.,..

Angus
    So all those who used the bot from the beginning of the game will be banished every time?

probably lol, so in 3-4 month those will get permanent for sure lmao
  • oleary (PL1)oleary (PL1) Posts: 30PL1
    edited 24.04.2017
     I will never buy rubies in this game!!!
    I've decided it a long time ago...

„Jeśli czujesz, że czegoś ci brak, to chyba tego nie masz”

• having never used such software I am delighted to see action being taken, I do not agree with the "if ever used" ban on players who have since deleted this software, given the warning. It is strange though, given this type of software download could easily be packing a key stroke logger, compromising your passwords in game and other sites the risks people will go to - in order for such little gains.

I am sure genuine players will live with a few mistakes for a clean and level field Game.

Good stuff GGE  -

any moderators banned ? 

Genuine players will live with a "few" mistakes? How many chances does GGE give before they delete the account? lol

I wonder how many genuine players will be impressed then? Working on the assumption if they have been accused once, are they not likely to be accused again?...with no chance of being heard even

• Maybe I will appear as silly... but I just ask precisely what is a "bot", exactly ?
  • Maybe I will appear as silly... but I just ask precisely what is a "bot", exactly ?

Robot. A program that help you with the game and deemed cheating

• edited 24.04.2017
    Hello GGE players, from today on, it doesn't really matter on which server you're playing, because today we all start playing on one shared server called NORTH KOREA, just on totally new level that even the biggest dictators in the history of humankind would be jealous of.

Embrace yourself dear players, because from today on, you lost any right to ...pretty much everything. Not that you ever had many to begin with LOL

You loose the right to complain, you loose the right to being provided with transparent information, pretty much your judge is your executioner and you can just shrug your shoulders and nod your head, or you can delete your account and quit the game...before GGS does that for you.

Today is actually historic moment in the history of GGE, you can get punished for being the best. If you worked hard, if you learned the game and invested a lot of time, efforts and even money you surely got to the top, let's say top100. If you're top100 player you for sure can do....pretty much everything and for that you can be flagged as potential bot user and thus GGS can easily suspend your account. On top of that:

As you know, we reserve the right to skip some steps or block accounts immediately and irrevocably in case of particularly serious violations. ( https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/333265/advancing-the-battle-against-bots#latest )

they can skip the steps and directly close your acc permanantely and all they have to do is say 'SERIOUS VIOLATIONS'. That's reason enough to have all your hard work and time invested into building your account thrown in the garbage. 

I'm not being dramatic, just brutally realistic and I'd really like to be spared of any further 'explanations' or 'assurance policy'  from moderators because it's an insult to all of us. 
    At this point I don't care about players being suspended, I care about players not being allowed to transparency and that worries me deeply. 

BTW. Just to tell you how greatly your bot detecting mechanisms are failing is the fact that I see too many accounts not suspended when for a fact I know they're helped by bots....and thus you lose any credibility even before you started - YOU FAILED....not that you had much credibility left to start with. 

P.S. If i get now permanantely suspended at least I know it will be because I spoke up my mind and it's also on this new server not allowed to do. Oh well, maybe it's time to start thinking about new hobby LOL

Nyx
    I am sure they are going through it on a case by case basis.  They aren't going to suspend everyone all at once.  So if you observe people you know are bot users not being suspended, give it time.  It's not fair to GGE to not at least give them time to implement this before everyone starts saying they failed.
    danielbannister @ usa 1
  • Hello GGE players, from today on, it doesn't really matter on which server you're playing, because today we all start playing on one shared server called NORTH KOREA, just on totally new level that even the biggest dictators in the history of humankind would be jealous of.

Embrace yourself dear players, because from today on, you lost any right to ...pretty much everything. Not that you ever had many to begin with LOL

You loose the right to complain, you loose the right to being provided with transparent information, pretty much your judge is your executioner and you can just shrug your shoulders and nod your head, or you can delete your account and quit the game...before GGS does that for you.

Today is actually historic moment in the history of GGE, you can get punished for being the best. If you worked hard, if you learned the game and invested a lot of time, efforts and even money you surely got to the top, let's say top100. If you're top100 player you for sure can do....pretty much everything and for that you can be flagged as potential bot user and thus GGS can easily suspend your account. On top of that:

As you know, we reserve the right to skip some steps or block accounts immediately and irrevocably in case of particularly serious violations. ( https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/333265/advancing-the-battle-against-bots#latest )

they can skip the steps and directly close your acc permanantely and all they have to do is say 'SERIOUS VIOLATIONS'. That's reason enough to have all your hard work and time invested into building your account thrown in the garbage. 

I'm not being dramatic, just brutally realistic and I'd really like to be spared of any further 'explanations' or 'assurance policy'  from moderators because it's an insult to all of us. 
    At this point I don't care about players being suspended, I care about players not being allowed to transparency and that worries me deeply. 

BTW. Just to tell you how greatly your bot detecting mechanisms are failing is the fact that I see too many accounts not suspended when for a fact I know they're helped by bots....and thus you lose any credibility even before you started - YOU FAILED....not that you had much credibility left to start with. 

P.S. If i get now permanantely suspended at least I know it will be because I spoke up my mind and it's also on this new server not allowed to do. Oh well, maybe it's time to start thinking about new hobby LOL

Nyx
    I am sure they are going through it on a case by case basis.  They aren't going to suspend everyone all at once.  So if you observe people you know are bot users not being suspended, give it time.  It's not fair to GGE to not at least give them time to implement this before everyone starts saying they failed.
    because players like you are, game is here where it is , as for sure you are in great(probably love lol)  relationship with some of moderators.
    FYI almost everyone from top 50 INT1 is banned
    so dont tell me that everyone use bot, when they are not, and stop defending their stupid moves when they are completely wrong with it , u cant go and ban players without giving them proof of that and not saying anything about it!

• I am sure they are going through it on a case by case basis.  They aren't going to suspend everyone all at once.  So if you observe people you know are bot users not being suspended, give it time.  It's not fair to GGE to not at least give them time to implement this before everyone starts saying they failed.
    I'm sure they're gonna do that right...just as they do fix the bugs :D I'm veeery optimistic since they got flawless record about getting things done right :smiley:
  • Hello GGE players, from today on, it doesn't really matter on which server you're playing, because today we all start playing on one shared server called NORTH KOREA, just on totally new level that even the biggest dictators in the history of humankind would be jealous of.

Nyx
    come on mine friend
    then go and ask the moderators and tell them to bring the bot observing team to forum to clear all our doubts, then we say GGE has a good and strong security systems and will take action on players very strictly with correct proof
    Bobi124Player @ WWW 1
  • edited 24.04.2017

because players like you are, game is here where it is , as for sure you are in great(probably love lol)  relationship with some of moderators.
    FYI almost everyone from top 50 INT1 is banned
    so dont tell me that everyone use bot, when they are not, and stop defending their stupid moves when they are completely wrong with it , u cant go and ban players without giving them proof of that and not saying anything about it!

I did not say GGE hasn't messed up.  But c'mon!  Everyone wants GGE to do something about bots and has complained about them for years.  When GGE appears to be getting serious about it people complain about that too.  The announcement is  only a few hours old and condemning them for what they are doing already seems quite premature. 

Believe me, I've given some harsh criticism of GGE here on the forum in the past.  However, I believe in fair criticism.  Has it ever occurred that maybe the reason most of the top 50 in INT1 were banned was because they were all using bots?  I am on USA1 and I am quite frequently in the top 50 for many events, at least half, and I'm still able to log in fine.  I've also never used a bot.  Hmm, seems interesting to me.

Also, I know almost everyone in the top 50 on USA1, and I know for a fact that most of them use bots.  I have received private PM's, screenshots, etc of how to use bots from them.  I've even received invites from many of them to use them touting how great they are.  I declined every invite.  If most top 50 players on USA1 use bots, it's not a stretch to assume many on INT1 do as well.

danielbannister @ usa 1
  • I did not say GGE hasn't messed up.  But c'mon!  Everyone wants GGE to do something about bots and has complained about them for years.  When GGE appears to be getting serious about it people complain about that too.  The announcement is  only a few hours old and condemning them for what they are doing already seems quite premature. 

Believe me, I've given some harsh criticism of GGE here on the forum in the past.  However, I believe in fair criticism.  Has it ever occurred that maybe the reason most of the top 50 in INT1 were banned was because they were all using bots?  I am on USA1 and I am quite frequently in the top 50 for many events, at least half, and I'm still able to log in fine.  I've also never used a bot.  Hmm, seems interesting to me.

i am not saying for top 50 event players , top 50 ranking players are suspended, and no one cant tell me that suddenly half server use bot to play when its not true, i dont care for ban how much i care for proof of using bot, and what next... now everytime players are banned , same players will suck up ban everytime , with or without using bot...so future cuts will lead to permanent ban in matter of months lol. sry i did not invest my time and money and effort to suck up ban whenever gge try to solve something
  • I did not say GGE hasn't messed up.  But c'mon!  Everyone wants GGE to do something about bots and has complained about them for years.  When GGE appears to be getting serious about it people complain about that too.  The announcement is  only a few hours old and condemning them for what they are doing already seems quite premature. 

i am not saying for top 50 event players , top 50 ranking players are suspended, and no one cant tell me that suddenly half server use bot to play when its not true, i dont care for ban how much i care for proof of using bot, and what next... now everytime players are banned , same players will suck up ban everytime , with or without using bot...so future cuts will lead to permanent ban in matter of months lol. sry i did not invest my time and money and effort to suck up ban whenever gge try to solve something

If you honestly believe that the top players don't mostly use bots, then you are absolutely clueless about how prevalent bots are.  I just scrolled through the top 50 list and I know for sure that 18 of them are bot users because they either have told me they use them, or I have a screenshot they sent me of them using the bot trying to get me to use it.  That's 18 out of the top 50 that I actually myself know of.  of course there are more I don't have proof of.

More than half of top ranked players use bots.  Nearly everyone knows that.

danielbannister @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.