Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

New Players Need Basic Instructions

To game developers:

As a new player, I am finding it hard to locate basic instructions on game play. Things like, how do you locate unoccupied outposts and how do you capture them? How do you establish a new city? How do you increase the level of your resource fields at your main castle?

There is a need, in the welcome instructions on game play. How long does a game cycle last, is there an end, where is the progress of the server posted, so we know how much longer the game cycle may last? Is the game cycle never ending? If so, then a new player will never be able to "catch up" to the larger players and will almost never have a chance to survive in the game.

I have read all the instructions and a lot of the forum discussions, I can't find basic game play instructions.  For example, there are definitions of what an outpost is, but nothing on how to go about acquiring one.

Look forward to reading your response.

Comments

• Locate unoccupied ops (outposts): You can only find this on the map. If you're on a place without unoccupied i would advice you to move your main castle to a more strategic place, but beware this movement can only take place for free once, after that you need to pay 5000 rubies to move.

Capture unoccupied ops: Firstly you need to build an estate (sorry if this is not the in-game name, I play in Dutch so our names are different). Then you find an op, either occupied or unoccupied (if you are a beginner you still have plenty of time to build at an unoccupied one). Then select then icon with the crown and the weapon within and plan you attack. When you arrive there the outpost is yours (if you go to an unoccupied one).

Establish a new city: I don't know exacly what you mean by that, but i think it's about the alliance city. This can be created if you have 5 members in you alliance and a certain amount of powerpoints together. You need to pay some rubies from the funds.

Increase recourse fields: Just by upgrading your recourse buildings, that you do with the green button that arrives if you click on a building.

Game cycle: You can call it endless, because we have 70 common levels and then we also have 800 'legendaric levels' Many servers have certain rules to protect lower level players so don't worry about them. Catching up might seem difficult but thesedays it is easy to get to level 70. After that many players are kind of equal in their changes (buyer are obviously stronger than non-buyers but that be it)

I hope most of your questions are awnserd. If you have more questions just ask :-)

Hello everyone!

Good to see you. I'm Lucas from the dutch server (NL1) and i play in an amazing Alliance called Two Towers. I really enjoy playing the game. If you want to make contact with me leave a message here or if you are from the dutch server message me there!

Kind regards Lucas1999

• Padishah (US1)Padishah (US1) US1 Posts: 13

Locate unoccupied ops (outposts): You can only find this on the map. If you're on a place without unoccupied i would advice you to move your main castle to a more strategic place, but beware this movement can only take place for free once, after that you need to pay 5000 rubies to move.

Capture unoccupied ops: Firstly you need to build an estate (sorry if this is not the in-game name, I play in Dutch so our names are different). Then you find an op, either occupied or unoccupied (if you are a beginner you still have plenty of time to build at an unoccupied one). Then select then icon with the crown and the weapon within and plan you attack. When you arrive there the outpost is yours (if you go to an unoccupied one).

Establish a new city: I don't know exacly what you mean by that, but i think it's about the alliance city. This can be created if you have 5 members in you alliance and a certain amount of powerpoints together. You need to pay some rubies from the funds.

Increase recourse fields: Just by upgrading your recourse buildings, that you do with the green button that arrives if you click on a building.

Game cycle: You can call it endless, because we have 70 common levels and then we also have 800 'legendaric levels' Many servers have certain rules to protect lower level players so don't worry about them. Catching up might seem difficult but thesedays it is easy to get to level 70. After that many players are kind of equal in their changes (buyer are obviously stronger than non-buyers but that be it)

I hope most of your questions are awnserd. If you have more questions just ask :-)

Lucas1999,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions. Your answers were informative. However, not all that complete. And the questions I posted were just examples. There are lots of other parts of basic game play that need to be addressed. The welcome instruction give a lot of definitions, but do not really explain the how-to of all the parts of the game. As an example, the outposts, what does an unoccupied outpost look like? Show us a picture. As for the resource fields, tell us when the fields will increase. Is it at a level of farm house? A level of the Keep? Again, these are examples. All aspects of the game should be written down and supplied to the players. Most of the players who start this game do not have any idea how to play. Give us a roadmap. Some way to know what we should be doing to grow. Yes, we see that leveling up a farm house gives more crop, but at first only three are at 100%, what do we do to get the 4th and 5th farm houses to 100%. Same for all the other resources. Other examples, how do we get more city guard? Is this tied to population size? Or maybe the guard house level? The decorative items, do they still give the population and resource benefits while in storage? And the list of questions is as long as the list of items to use in the game.

I guess what I'm asking for is kind of a walk through of the game. A step by step guide to growing our city. I'm not just asking for myself, this guide would be of great benefit to the entire community.

Thanks again.

• I most of the basic game mechanics you can figure out on your own pretty much. I also would google anything if I had any questions or ask my alliance mates. 

but here's a decent guide to most of the game:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VDQrtUDxxXjsZJl0hJ6rcruplLpuES2WrKQg-B2xb0E/edit?usp=sharing

Lord septimus @us1
    Thank you Lord septimus
    ok, one more question. I've found the suitcase, to move my castle, I clicked on it, what then? How do I select where I want to move too? Can it be any bare piece of map? Or only certain locations? I read I had to select a "ruin" to move too. What if there aren't any ruins where I want to go?
    AHH, found it. red rings around available spots.
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232

Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• Locate unoccupied ops (outposts): You can only find this on the map. If you're on a place without unoccupied i would advice you to move your main castle to a more strategic place, but beware this movement can only take place for free once, after that you need to pay 5000 rubies to move.

Lucas1999,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions. Your answers were informative. However, not all that complete. And the questions I posted were just examples. There are lots of other parts of basic game play that need to be addressed. The welcome instruction give a lot of definitions, but do not really explain the how-to of all the parts of the game. As an example, the outposts, what does an unoccupied outpost look like? Show us a picture. As for the resource fields, tell us when the fields will increase. Is it at a level of farm house? A level of the Keep? Again, these are examples. All aspects of the game should be written down and supplied to the players. Most of the players who start this game do not have any idea how to play. Give us a roadmap. Some way to know what we should be doing to grow. Yes, we see that leveling up a farm house gives more crop, but at first only three are at 100%, what do we do to get the 4th and 5th farm houses to 100%. Same for all the other resources. Other examples, how do we get more city guard? Is this tied to population size? Or maybe the guard house level? The decorative items, do they still give the population and resource benefits while in storage? And the list of questions is as long as the list of items to use in the game.

I guess what I'm asking for is kind of a walk through of the game. A step by step guide to growing our city. I'm not just asking for myself, this guide would be of great benefit to the entire community.

Thanks again.

Hi, yes I agree there is a need for an index which gives complete descriptions of buildings, other items, resources, etc. as well as basic guidelines for growth, tactics, strategy, good conduct, etc.. It could not be exhaustive however, as there are different opinions on the best ways to proceed. 
    Some of the answers you are looking for can be deduced from the scant information given. For example, do the decorative items give the benefit to public order if they are in the storehouse? 
    I also had this question. I finally figured it out once I found the linear graph located above the resource menu in the castle and the outposts. It is red to the left and green to the right, with a triangular marker showing the level of public order. Placing your cursor on this linear graph gives you a dropdown display showing your public order. 
    I noticed that by placing a decorative item in the castle and then rechecking the public order dropdown display, it had increased. 
      But I would have liked to have been able to click on decorative items in an index, or on public order, and found an image of this graph somewhere in the information on it, and then read there that decorative items only increase public order when placed in the castle. 
    I have learned things from other players, including many in this forum. But when I search on something in this forum I seldom find the kind of elementary information I am seeking. I don't always understand the lingo. 
        BUT..... I found a guide which someone spent a lot of time putting together. It does not answer all the questions, but reading it does help a lot. 
    http://www.ggeguide.com

I hope that helps some. 

I was very frustrated with this game when I began playing over the same issue you raised. but with help from friends in my alliance and from other helpful, friendly people I met in this forum, I am beginning to put together the basics, and I am having fun. 

Lucas1999,

Thanks again.

Hi, yes I agree there is a need for an index which gives complete descriptions of buildings, other items, resources, etc. as well as basic guidelines for growth, tactics, strategy, good conduct, etc.. It could not be exhaustive however, as there are different opinions on the best ways to proceed. 
    Some of the answers you are looking for can be deduced from the scant information given. For example, do the decorative items give the benefit to public order if they are in the storehouse? 
    I also had this question. I finally figured it out once I found the linear graph located above the resource menu in the castle and the outposts. It is red to the left and green to the right, with a triangular marker showing the level of public order. Placing your cursor on this linear graph gives you a dropdown display showing your public order. 
    I noticed that by placing a decorative item in the castle and then rechecking the public order dropdown display, it had increased. 
      But I would have liked to have been able to click on decorative items in an index, or on public order, and found an image of this graph somewhere in the information on it, and then read there that decorative items only increase public order when placed in the castle. 
    I have learned things from other players, including many in this forum. But when I search on something in this forum I seldom find the kind of elementary information I am seeking. I don't always understand the lingo. 
        BUT..... I found a guide which someone spent a lot of time putting together. It does not answer all the questions, but reading it does help a lot. 
    http://www.ggeguide.com

I hope that helps some. 

I was very frustrated with this game when I began playing over the same issue you raised. but with help from friends in my alliance and from other helpful, friendly people I met in this forum, I am beginning to put together the basics, and I am having fun. 

Ggeguide is indeed a good site to learn from. However, i think that getting things learned by other players is the best way to learn. I've had more people that learned my amazing things and they are always there for guidance 

My final advice would be to find a alliance that belongs to a great alliance. Mostly they train people in that kind of alliances

Hello everyone!

Good to see you. I'm Lucas from the dutch server (NL1) and i play in an amazing Alliance called Two Towers. I really enjoy playing the game. If you want to make contact with me leave a message here or if you are from the dutch server message me there!

Kind regards Lucas1999

• overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,798
    the tutorial for this game is really poor i mean call of duty's is better and that's so basic a guy coming off the effects of general anesthetic can understand them  
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • this is so true, ive met level 70s that autofill. thats sad.  5 years ago nothing was given to you and its gradually changed to were nobody has any skill
    Lol it's lit.  If you want my rvs/ops just message me on gge 

HIVE

@usa1

Plz hit me

Thanks guys. I feel a little better now, that I know I'm not the only one. As a newbie, there is very little information about how things work.

As an example of what I'd like to see, the research tower. The graph gives a road map and what each research does. And you can look forward to the next one and see which path you want to take. This would be great if the same kind of thing was applied to expanding your empire. When I first saw a Castellan, I had to ask...what does he do? There isn't a job description for him at all. The Commanders are a little easier to figure out, but it would be great to know what you're supposed to do with them and how to outfit them. Speaking of which, how about a comprehensive list of all the available helmets, armor, weapons, etc. So I know not to waste gems on the green helmet (because a purple one or red one is the target) Without a guide I don't even know what exists. I just stumble around until something pops up and I go AHH!

Otherwise, I find the game intriguing and will probably play for the foreseeable future.

• I've lost all my honor points... how do I get more?
    RulerRevstephen @ usa 1
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,104
    I have to admit to really liking the online guides Breor from the US Server provides.  They are clear, easy to understand and they deal with the darker side of the game in an open and non judgemental way.  I certainly recommend them even for established players looking to develop their style of play.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • Try to get yourself into an active alliance, it is much easier to answer all the little questions that come up in a chat window rather that forum posts. As you grow and learn more, if you are active in events and PvP (war) you become more attractive to bigger alliances where you learn more and more intricate things about the game.

It's a learning process, we have all been through it and continue to learn more every day. it would be impossible for GGE to have in game answers to all the questions and variables of the game. even a lot of the basic stuff GGE wont explain how their game works, they say part of playing this game is learning most of that on your own or from others help

• hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986
    a) Trolling
    b) Retarded

Pick yours.  The game is VERY explanatory, really doesn't take any real intelligence to understand it.  Yeah yeah I'll get flagged for abuse.  Whoever does it, I'm sorry I violated your precious safe space. Here, lemme say "Sombrero", now you can sue me for cultural appropriation and use the money to buy more coloring books.
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file