We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

War advice please

Comments

• cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) Posts: 270GB1

I think we may have to think about declaring on Praets due to Lem coming over to CG. I shall consult with colleagues to see if we can take time off to beat Praets up aswell. He may have gone back but its still "not cool"

Dear Aphrodite2350 

He went over to chat with former team mates. He was unaware you were still at war. He returned once this was pointed out to him. This was a couple of days ago and you have a diplomat in the skype room to raise any issues you have. We are not hard to find. That said, if you want to visit us, well you know where we are.........

Regards
    Cheryl
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • Ahhh many thanks Cheryl, the invitation to come and chat or....... is very much appreciated. ;-D

Sadly I must decline as it seems any movement of members from DoW can cause some alliances to start wars.

I have chatted with colleagues and we have agreed that it wouldn't be much of a fight for us so we have decided not to declare on you.

Aphrodite2350 @ en 1

Ahhh many thanks Cheryl, the invitation to come and chat or....... is very much appreciated. ;-D

Sadly I must decline as it seems any movement of members from DoW can cause some alliances to start wars.

I have chatted with colleagues and we have agreed that it wouldn't be much of a fight for us so we have decided not to declare on you.

Ahh very generous. I'll make your generosity is communicated to our whole team. I'm sure that they will completely appreciate it. 

Kind Regards
    Cheryl
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • My pleasure Cheryl, I know you guys must have been really worried about the prospect of DoW "coming for you", but as much as this is a war game, we did feel that you just wouldn't have been able to withstand the full force of DoW. We may only have less than half your members but I know you guys must have been bricking it.

All the best

R

........Anyone seen a Warriordude?

Aphrodite2350 @ en 1
    Yes R, I think you sum up our mood on the prospect perfectly.  That would have been exactly what we were thinking.

All the best for the future
    Cheryl
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • itchtytwit (GB1)itchtytwit (GB1) Posts: 17GB1
    edited 09.04.2017

Hmmmm I actually agree with you Itchy , you are a wise wise person. I suppose it makes no difference and evens things up

So, with that logic, what difference does it make to CG if 5 members of DoW going to Musketeers to fight a war with StrengthnHonour?...Apart from it being "not cool"

I think we may have to think about declaring on Praets due to Lem coming over to CG. I shall consult with colleagues to see if we can take time off to beat Praets up aswell. He may have gone back but its still "not cool"

The difference being DoW wasn't at war. They deliberately jumped into somebody elses war with the idea of joining in. CG declared on DoW to pull your players back to your alliance. You declared on CS with no help from us...Soooo if CS and CG are both already at war with you, how can they be accused of joining in our war? lol.

As for Lemchi, we explained his visit. he was in the alliance for less than an hour. You didn't attack us (you rarely do) and he didn't attack you...If you feel he played any part in the war then you feel free to do what you need to do

• eagle strike (GB1)eagle strike (GB1) Posts: 193
    edited 09.04.2017

Hmmmm I actually agree with you Itchy , you are a wise wise person. I suppose it makes no difference and evens things up

So, with that logic, what difference does it make to CG if 5 members of DoW going to Musketeers to fight a war with StrengthnHonour?...Apart from it being "not cool"

The difference being DoW wasn't at war. They deliberately jumped into somebody elses war with the idea of joining in. CG declared on DoW to pull your players back to your alliance. You declared on CS with no help from us...Soooo if CS and CG are both already at war with you, how can they be accused of joining in our war? lol.

As for Lemchi, we explained his visit. he was in the alliance for less than an hour. You didn't attack us (you rarely do) and he didn't attack you...If you feel he played any part in the war then you feel free to do what you need to do

Us jumping over deliberately? So what were  you doing? why did you have to poke your noses in when Odins were already helping? Why did you have to make it a 3 vs 2? Being the alliance with the most might points on the server you really think you would make the war even? You had no reason to declare on DoW, Odins should have, so why did you?

• Oh dear, I thought we were in agreement and then you go and post something silly.
    At least you are correct, DoW were not at war with Crim Guard, Crim Sword or StrengthnHonour. Call me, or those colleagues who did join Musks for the war, crazy, but this is a war game, and they fancied a small war.
    To the best of my knowledge the fair play rules do not preclude this, although maybe the rules are simply guidelines for other alliances to follow, but do not necessarily apply to CG
    So, as you say, "CG declared on DoW to pull your players back". Well the declaration was successful with those naughty little players returning to DoW within 24hrs of the declaration. This statement suggests that the declaration was a use of force, a much larger alliance using its size and strength to force a much smaller alliance to bow to its will. One could suggest it was a sledgehammer to crack a nut.....and with the nut cracked, those pesky little players back in line, all back to normal.
    Amazingly enough, it seems that is not enough, as the war continues. Silly me for thinking that the "not cool" players returning would solve the issue.
    As for the Lem issue, Chezza got it, but I shall help you out Itchy;

sarcasm  ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m/
    noun
    noun: sarcasm; plural noun: sarcasm the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    1. "she didn't like the note of sarcasm in his voice (or forum post)"

Aphrodite2350 @ en 1
  • Great to see your alliance has let you post again WD. Have to say it did cause great hilarity when I woke this morning, and after breakfast read your post. Not sure I have laughed as much since I first saw "The Hardware Shop", on The Two Ronnies

I haven't got time to fully respond as you do seem to have taken something of a broad brush to this thread, with most of it probably being most relevant to the CG v DoW thread. Would be handy if you could post it there also

Fork 'andles, 'andles for forks...

You crack me up Warrior

Aphrodite2350 @ en 1
  • War advice ?

Change alliance coat of arms to pure white and change ally description to "We are no good, please we capitulate"

• kampo (US1)kampo (US1) Posts: 282US1

Fellow board members,

Very grateful for your advice.

We find ourselves in a very awkward position. Having declared war on an alliance of a similar size to us (us 30 odd members / them 33 members) we find that we are not getting any real battles. We haven't had any incomings from the alliance and it appears that we have stumbled upon a whole alliance of shell/farm/multi accounts.

Whilst it is great for the res and feeding the troops it feels as if it isn't quite how the game should be played, and indeed questions whether GGE are actually doing anything about multi accounting.

So should we continue to farm the alliance until such times as they contact us seeking to end the war or should GGE maybe be made aware with a view to doing something about the accounts that appear to be breaching their rules. Don't get me wrong Im more than happy to continue with the hits as its a level playing field.

Its not as if I have anything personal against this other alliance or I am just looking to feed my own ego or even that we are simply using our size the bully them. If that were the case then quite rightly I / we would become the laughing stock of the server.

more than likely a farm alliance setup by a bigger one. They declair war on them so they can get double resource back , most big alliances will do this and call it a retirement sub , lol
  • They should start a UK reality show, for USA viewers.

diaper boy @ USA
    onion god @ AU
    lol kinda feels like that sometimes! 
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
    Some of that was really funny and quick witted :)  Not sure whether to despair of you knowing the shows or to despair that I know them lol. Still laughing though (no hope for me).

Most travel shows are non fiction though, and this one is fiction.

In the time lem has been with prae I believe he has left once and did not know they were at war when he went to chat with old alliance mates. He was in Keeping up with Crimson's for 1 hour and did not launch any hits and then returned home. He often ends up on the receiving end of insults because he likes to do pvp or is it only those under a certain ability level that are allowed?  Ironic considering so many posts talk about pvp being dead and rather than rise to the challenge many just moan at him. He follows fair play rules and hits are spread around he is just very active and a top player.

And one vs one wars are open to all on UK1 without interference from anyone.  Just don't declare on one alliance and then take in members of another alliance to help you and expect the other side not to call on friends as well.  That statement applies in my eyes regardless of which alliances are involved in the future. Fight Fair. If you don't have the muscle to back up your threat then don't declare.
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • jsm1t (GB1)jsm1t (GB1) Posts: 71GB1
    Some of that was really funny and quick witted :)  Not sure whether to despair of you knowing the shows or to despair that I know them lol. Still laughing though (no hope for me).

Most travel shows are non fiction though, and this one is fiction.

In the time lem has been with prae I believe he has left once and did not know they were at war when he went to chat with old alliance mates. He was in Keeping up with Crimson's for 1 hour and did not launch any hits and then returned home. He often ends up on the receiving end of insults because he likes to do pvp or is it only those under a certain ability level that are allowed?  Ironic considering so many posts talk about pvp being dead and rather than rise to the challenge many just moan at him. He follows fair play rules and hits are spread around he is just very active and a top player.

And one vs one wars are open to all on UK1 without interference from anyone.  Just don't declare on one alliance and then take in members of another alliance to help you and expect the other side not to call on friends as well.  That statement applies in my eyes regardless of which alliances are involved in the future. Fight Fair. If you don't have the muscle to back up your threat then don't declare.
    There seems a bit of double standards to me, Fair enough Lemchi didnt know that there was a war on, BUT CG knew they were at war so why invite someone else in?
    “Religion has actually convinced people that there’s an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever ’til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He’s all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can’t handle money!”  George Carlin

There seems a bit of double standards to me, Fair enough Lemchi didnt know that there was a war on, BUT CG knew they were at war so why invite someone else in?
    I don't speak for CG, only for myself and sometimes Prae, because I never know the facts behind others decisions. 

My personal view remains the same. Perhaps CG did not think of it in the same way, perhaps they just thought it was someone to chat with, I do not know how much they considered themselves at war. But can also understand how it would look which is why Lem did not stay longer and came home.  I have one standard that I apply to all and with hindsight, even inviting a friend in for a chat, was a misstep on CG's part. 
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
Sign In to comment.