We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

War advice please

Fellow board members,

Very grateful for your advice.

We find ourselves in a very awkward position. Having declared war on an alliance of a similar size to us (us 30 odd members / them 33 members) we find that we are not getting any real battles. We haven't had any incomings from the alliance and it appears that we have stumbled upon a whole alliance of shell/farm/multi accounts.

Whilst it is great for the res and feeding the troops it feels as if it isn't quite how the game should be played, and indeed questions whether GGE are actually doing anything about multi accounting.

So should we continue to farm the alliance until such times as they contact us seeking to end the war or should GGE maybe be made aware with a view to doing something about the accounts that appear to be breaching their rules. Don't get me wrong Im more than happy to continue with the hits as its a level playing field.

Its not as if I have anything personal against this other alliance or I am just looking to feed my own ego or even that we are simply using our size the bully them. If that were the case then quite rightly I / we would become the laughing stock of the server.

Aphrodite2350 @ en 1

Comments

• Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) Posts: 2,232ASIA1
    ^^Take the tools and use them for yourself
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 741NL1

Fellow board members,

Very grateful for your advice.

We find ourselves in a very awkward position. Having declared war on an alliance of a similar size to us (us 30 odd members / them 33 members) we find that we are not getting any real battles. We haven't had any incomings from the alliance and it appears that we have stumbled upon a whole alliance of shell/farm/multi accounts.

Whilst it is great for the res and feeding the troops it feels as if it isn't quite how the game should be played, and indeed questions whether GGE are actually doing anything about multi accounting.

So should we continue to farm the alliance until such times as they contact us seeking to end the war or should GGE maybe be made aware with a view to doing something about the accounts that appear to be breaching their rules. Don't get me wrong Im more than happy to continue with the hits as its a level playing field.

Its not as if I have anything personal against this other alliance or I am just looking to feed my own ego or even that we are simply using our size the bully them. If that were the case then quite rightly I / we would become the laughing stock of the server.

GGE isn't really doing anything about multi accounting ;)  half/threequarter of GGE will be gone ;P

suc alliance also could be decoy for the top alliances to create reasons for them to attack other alliances ;)

so steal their op's etc. :)
    flug @ nl 1
  • eagle strike (GB1)eagle strike (GB1) Posts: 193
    edited 04.04.2017
    @aphrodite2350 im sorry but because of castle stacking the alliance tourney is temporarily on standby- shame you cant castle stack your way with musks to top 5 position. You see you and musks are the only alliance's notorious for castle stacking around here and its because of YOU the rest of the server has to suffer the consequences. You couldn't prove where you got your glory from and you weren't fair enough to go out and earn it like everyone else did- you had to go cheat to get it. Amazing how you just sky rocketed up about 3mil glory within the last night of the event. Don't bother denying it (which I know you will anyways). But oh how we are the cheaters?
    I will do a full analysis of how dumb this comment is.

Firstly, let me point out what we are talking about here, it's:

"War advice" (copied and pasted from the title with added inverted commas.)

What is warrior talking about?
    You guess it! War Adv- nope alliance tournament. Totally related to the thread.Don't ask how, it just is, deal with it.

Right lets start with the text now.
    "im sorry but because of castle stacking the alliance tourney is temporarily on standby- shame you cant castle stack your way with musks to top 5 position. You see you and musks are the only alliance's notorious for castle stacking around here and its because of YOU the rest of the server has to suffer the consequences.You couldn't prove where you got your glory from and you weren't fair enough to go out and earn it like everyone else did- you had to go cheat to get it. Amazing how you just sky rocketed up about 3mil glory within the last night of the event."

Have you heard of the new game?
    Its called Goodgame jenga. Involves castle stacking.
    just had to comment that sorry LOL

Let me just say ever since this alliance was formed there hasn't been an alliance tournament so yeah...................
    Lets just say he was referring to the old alliance UK. But wait he was in UK too? Doesn't that mean he's blaming himself?
    so yeah........................hmmmmmmmm awkward.

Moving on......................
    "Don't bother denying it (which I know you will anyways)."
    If you are so damn sure, do you want me to not deny it just to prove you wrong?

Finally:
    "But oh how we are the cheaters?"

Nice one mate. I love how Aphrodite2350 (GB1) clearly states it was you. I can read :)

To conclude, Warrior I think you went full retard this time mate but don't worry it happens to everyone sooner or later.
    Happy Hunting XXXX
  • Kozmo (US1)Kozmo (US1) Posts: 373
    When you snipe for offense DONT SEND TOOLS FOR THE HIT! THAT WILL SLOW It DOWN.

If you have gotten to the stage where you're getting farmed, just put on a loot cast and build hideouts. 

Only send 1 wave hits when sniping for offense
    use cheap troops like macemen or crossbowmen

i know way more but that's what I know for now. It really depends on how the alliance plays. Then you have to have a strategy. Have fun when at war ;)
    Troll Nation
  • @aphrodite2350 im sorry but because of castle stacking the alliance tourney is temporarily on standby- shame you cant castle stack your way with musks to top 5 position. You see you and musks are the only alliance's notorious for castle stacking around here and its because of YOU the rest of the server has to suffer the consequences. You couldn't prove where you got your glory from and you weren't fair enough to go out and earn it like everyone else did- you had to go cheat to get it. Amazing how you just sky rocketed up about 3mil glory within the last night of the event. Don't bother denying it (which I know you will anyways). But oh how we are the cheaters?
    With regards to musks stacking, I helped musks last tourney and to the best and full extent of my knowledge musks didn't stack. That night a good chunk of players from musks went ham, it's great to see what ppl can do when they put their mind to it. What's also funny is that's what revx said when bsk were warring them that time.
  • would love to see what the so called cheating moderator ang1243 would say about shells having over 20 shells himself and odens fury 
    eye candy one of the alliance shell accounts that ang1243 and odens fury use
  • @aphrodite2350 im sorry but because of castle stacking the alliance tourney is temporarily on standby- shame you cant castle stack your way with musks to top 5 position. You see you and musks are the only alliance's notorious for castle stacking around here and its because of YOU the rest of the server has to suffer the consequences. You couldn't prove where you got your glory from and you weren't fair enough to go out and earn it like everyone else did- you had to go cheat to get it. Amazing how you just sky rocketed up about 3mil glory within the last night of the event. Don't bother denying it (which I know you will anyways). But oh how we are the cheaters?

Good afternoon Dude,

Im sorry but this has nothing to do with my initial post. I think you must have made a mistake and meant this for another thread. If you wish to identify the correct thread this was in relation to I can contact the board moderators and ask them to move your post to the correct thread.

Many thanks

Aphrodite2350 @ en 1
  • I would always advice to stop a war that the other party doesn't want to compete in. The game should be fun for everyone in my opinion. So go speak with them and end the war would be my advice.

Hello everyone!

Good to see you. I'm Lucas from the dutch server (NL1) and i play in an amazing Alliance called Two Towers. I really enjoy playing the game. If you want to make contact with me leave a message here or if you are from the dutch server message me there!

Kind regards Lucas1999

• Thank you Lucas for your input. The awkward thing is that we cannot seem to get any response from the alliance we are at War with.

With regard to Dudes comments, I am afraid I seem to have touched a nerve with you.

Having re-read my initial posting I cannot find any reference to your current alliance. I do note that the alliance we have been attacking does state that they are allied with your alliance. That said I would have thought that a war between alliances of similar sizes would not be a problem for the alliance we are at war with or any other alliance for that matter. After all this is a war game and we do all try to have fun and play fair.

That said I am so glad that you have actually got back onto the topic about which I initially posted. It also gives me a chance to reference the other war which we are currently engaged in, that being with Crimson Guard.

It is to some extent a mirror image of our war with Crimson Sword, (although I am not entirely sure how they are linked) whereby we are receiving many attacks from CG but are not sending many back at them. Many may wonder exactly why that is. Well it is fairly easy to explain just by realising that at the time CG declared on Dogs of War, we had 29 members as opposed to their 64, we were sitting at 21st in alliance rankings as opposed to their No1, and we had 12mill power points as opposed to their 48mill. So as you can see things are a little unbalanced. Still we remain unbowed some days on from declaration

Some may wonder what on earth would cause the No1 ranked alliance to declare. I must say I was a little surprised myself and so enquired directly with their leader. I was informed that it was all down to 5 of our members crossing to another alliance to take part in another war (37 v 35 I believe were the numbers). I was simply informed this was "Not cool" and that this was the reason for the declaration. I did enquire as to what that had to do with the 29 members remaining at the time of declaration but got no response Now, some days on and with the ending of the war between StrengthnHounour & Musketeers and the return of our players to DoW, it seems CG are still not happy and continue with their efforts to smash a 29 member alliance.

It seems that CG may actually be getting a tad frustrated aswell! This idea came to mind when it was noted that some CG members have now decided to use "destruct" coms. I think they must really be upset and worried by us being such a big powerful alliance. I am aware that a few CG members are "morally unhappy" with the situation, and I have to say I think they may well mean they are embarrassed or ashamed or guilty. Still, I am glad they are still playing and enjoying the great contest with its ebbs and flows.

So onwards we go with 2 wars, one even, one not so much, but its good to know that DoW merit so much attention.

And thank you for allowing me the chance to address our dealings with CG, All the best Dude

Aphrodite2350 @ en 1
  • Aphrodite2350 (GB1)Aphrodite2350 (GB1) Posts: 32GB1
    edited 07.04.2017

Aphrodite2350 @ en 1
  • Aphrodite2350 (GB1)Aphrodite2350 (GB1) Posts: 32GB1
    edited 07.04.2017

Aphrodite2350 @ en 1
  • It all seems very quiet, almost as if Dude has been muzzled and told to stop posting!

I was hoping for more humorous discussions about hypocrisy. In particular I was hoping for an explanation of his own alliances actions, reasoning or thought processes.

So Sir Winalot / Canucks advise that they declared due to some of DoW members going across to another alliance to join in with a war, SW stating "it's not cool".

We now find today that a Crimson Sword member has moved across to Crimson Guard to help them out with the war against DoW. I appreciate that this may be a benevolent gesture on behalf of the Crimson Sword leadership to even up the numbers in that war (Crim Sword 31 v DoW 26).

However, based on SWs thought processes, this "not cool"

I suppose it has also levelled the playing field in the Crimson Guard (64) v DoW (26) war.

I hope that Dude will be allowed to help me understand this strange situation.

As ever kind regards

Aphro

Aphrodite2350 @ en 1
  • You are at war with Crimson Sword and Crimson Guard. How can moving a player from 1 to the other make any difference to you? lol
  • Hmmmm I actually agree with you Itchy , you are a wise wise person. I suppose it makes no difference and evens things up

So, with that logic, what difference does it make to CG if 5 members of DoW going to Musketeers to fight a war with StrengthnHonour?...Apart from it being "not cool"

I think we may have to think about declaring on Praets due to Lem coming over to CG. I shall consult with colleagues to see if we can take time off to beat Praets up aswell. He may have gone back but its still "not cool"

Aphrodite2350 @ en 1
Sign In to comment.