Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

REMOVE ally glory LIMIT!

As the dramatic and aggressive title says.
Get rid of the Alliance glory limit.

The Alliance lvl's are already useless so no one will benefit from this, it's just a cosmetic change/upgrade... whatever

Comments

• um no. no limit = more data to save = more lag

No limit to player glory = more data to save = more lag
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    Stop bumping. They have already seen the post just ignored it.
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,990
    As the dramatic and aggressive title says.
    Get rid of the Alliance glory limit.
    There are more important updates planned, human. Nobody has time for removing the alliance glory limit.
  • Kiwikiler95 (AU1)Kiwikiler95 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 419
    @E8A6 (INT2)   please leave the internet forever
  • Despite your many "likes" on your first comment not necessarily everyone will agree with you about removing the glory limit, because of the controversy it may cause. What does BM ang1243 think about E8A6's idea and all of the player's bumping? (Important to keep in mind as well that Forum Moderators can also close or delete posts if necessary.) @BM ang1243
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
    Despite your many "likes" on your first comment not necessarily everyone will agree with you about removing the glory limit, because of the controversy it may cause. What does BM ang1243 think about E8A6's idea and all of the player's bumping? (Important to keep in mind as well that Forum Moderators can also close or delete posts if necessary.) @BM ang1243
    The bumping is annoying, but I'm one of the people that liked his original comment. I don't see any benefits to stopping it at 50. Like was said before, it would just be a cosmetic effect. No relevance to the alliance that can't get 50 already. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • Despite your many "likes" on your first comment not necessarily everyone will agree with you about removing the glory limit, because of the controversy it may cause. What does BM ang1243 think about E8A6's idea and all of the player's bumping? (Important to keep in mind as well that Forum Moderators can also close or delete posts if necessary.) @BM ang1243
    The bumping is annoying, but I'm one of the people that liked his original comment. I don't see any benefits to stopping it at 50. Like was said before, it would just be a cosmetic effect. No relevance to the alliance that can't get 50 already. 
    But, will there be those who are going to complain about the glory limit being removed as well on the Forum after it is implemented to the game? Also important to keep that in mind. Not to mention the alliance glory limit has been around for a very long time as well. There also may be alliances out there who are below level 50 and really want to reach maximum level for glory as well.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
    Despite your many "likes" on your first comment not necessarily everyone will agree with you about removing the glory limit, because of the controversy it may cause. What does BM ang1243 think about E8A6's idea and all of the player's bumping? (Important to keep in mind as well that Forum Moderators can also close or delete posts if necessary.) @BM ang1243
    But, will there be those who are going to complain about the glory limit being removed as well on the Forum after it is implemented to the game? Also important to keep that in mind. Not to mention the alliance glory limit has been around for a very long time as well. There also may be alliances out there who are below level 50 and really want to reach maximum level for glory as well.
    Reaching 50 is pretty easy. Was it BAMF that was level 30 in a day? Something like that, anyways. 

They could still aspire to reach 50 as anything above that would just for cosmetic purposes. Basically, how did you explain it @Lesky (AU1)? Competitive nature? lol. 

There is no good reason not to allow the levels to continue. You haven't named a convincing reason for me. People will always complain about anything and everything so that's not really important. The closest you came was for people who have been itching to get to level 50 to be maxed. For those people I say what difference does it make if there are more levels but no more rewards or anything like that? 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 23.03.2017
    You win I guess. No point in me further debating with you then. You are right that there are going to be people who are going to complain about anything and everything as well. Despite the fact I am not totally against there being an alliance level limit you do have a point as well and so does E848. Perhaps it may be because of the fact that at least some people are annoyed by the maximum glory limit for alliances since there seems to be no benefits for alliances leveling up from glory points besides cosmetic purposes like what you and E848 mentioned. My reason for bringing up BM ang1243 is because E848 seems to be really wanting to get attention with all of those "annoying bumps" like what you said. Important to keep in mind though that I asked nobody to close this thread or delete it yet, but just saying that a Forum Moderator "could" if necessary delete or close posts. Is it possible to implement this to the game? Perhaps; although, that also depends upon what a Forum Moderator and GGS thinks about this matter as well and their attention needs to be drawn towards this thread for E848's idea to get implemented into the game. If attention is not drawn towards both the Forum Moderator and towards GGS then there is a possibility of an idea being ignored.If this does get implemented into the game I may not necessarily complain about it if the alliance level limit is removed either; although, this alliance level limit like I have said before has been around for a long time as well which would require removing something that GGS has had for years and nobody seemed to have talked about this much on the Forum until now.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    @E8A6 (INT2)   please leave the internet forever
    and i will bump my previous comment hopefully you see it and do it
    so much spamming on this thread spam this comment and that comment e8a6 i think has had some of their comments removed from people flagging it as spam
  • Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,711
    There is no good reason not to allow the levels to continue. You haven't named a convincing reason for me. People will always complain about anything and everything so that's not really important. The closest you came was for people who have been itching to get to level 50 to be maxed. For those people I say what difference does it make if there are more levels but no more rewards or anything like that? 
    Not sure if it's a good reason, but here's one:

It requires an alliance to be active just about every day, in order to have access to the level 50 perks and not fall below the threshold.  This obviously doesn't affect the more active alliances, but those on the cusp are therefore encouraged to keep buying or using tools / rubies / feathers / flags etc. to get glory for their alliance bonuses.  Whether it be for a defensive boost, travel speed, or the innate bonuses.  If your alliance is not active, it quickly drops below level 50.

That being said, I prefer removing the cap ceiling.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • Molson Beer (US1)Molson Beer (US1) US1 Posts: 8,443

It requires an alliance to be active just about every day, in order to have access to the level 50 perks and not fall below the threshold.  This obviously doesn't affect the more active alliances, but those on the cusp are therefore encouraged to keep buying or using tools / rubies / feathers / flags etc. to get glory for their alliance bonuses.  Whether it be for a defensive boost, travel speed, or the innate bonuses.  If your alliance is not active, it quickly drops below level 50.

That's not an argument against, that's an argument for! Somewhere in Hamburg the GGS developers are twitching. 
    edited 06.04.2017
    That's not an argument against, that's an argument for! Somewhere in Hamburg the GGS developers are twitching. 
    I understand your confusion, my comment was in was in response to Perryl saying there is no good reason for keeping the cap.  I said I can think of a good reason for GGE to keep the cap.

I just happen to not agree with it.  I'd rather there not be the cap even if it means GGE won't be getting whatever incremental purchases they currently get.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
  • E8A6 (INT2)E8A6 (INT2) Posts: 70
    edited 17.04.2017
    Of course, but the ally glory limit still needs to be lifted to allow the ally to utilize all the glory it receives
    Of course, but the ally glory limit still needs to be lifted to allow the ally to utilize all the glory it receives
    I understand you think it's needed, but GGE's thinking might be that not being able to utilize all of the glory forces alliances to take greater part in the events (and purchasing any incremental tools etc).  It might be purposeful so that more playing/buying is encouraged.

I see the limit as purposeful, not just some thoughtless restriction.  I'd like to see the cap removed just like you guys.  
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file