Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

I honestly hate complaining...but

As the title properly suggests I'm kind of annoyed at how everyone on the forum tends to enjoy making everyone else more miserable the longer they post and the fact f***ing politics have got involved kind of makes this forum no longer a fun place to see what of the regular forum users were doing and they were mainly having a joke and a laugh you know like friends,pals, mates yeah but now even without the old forum members the forum shouldn't feel like if you post anything against, for or about anything you post will deleted, edited or you'll just be told to shut up which would be fine but sometimes this is just someone critiquing this game or someone complaining at the fact there no content beyond level 70 800 which are both fine but before when that was considered normal it's now rare and discouraged. So can we please just make the forums the fun, carefree like they were before not this toxic wasteland.    
overlord90098 @ en 1
Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
General of DEFA1
RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
"No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
"Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
"Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
"Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
"Oo! I've got an idea!"
"YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
"Fine. Let the games begin."

Comments

• Unfortunely the players are the ones that make sure the forum is the way it is. So if you want change i think it will be very hard. You can try to start youself with maybe a topic of things to laugh about, and i hope for you hapiness and joy will return to the forums.

Hello everyone!

Good to see you. I'm Lucas from the dutch server (NL1) and i play in an amazing Alliance called Two Towers. I really enjoy playing the game. If you want to make contact with me leave a message here or if you are from the dutch server message me there!

Kind regards Lucas1999

• Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,990
    As the title properly suggests I'm kind of annoyed at how everyone on the forum tends to enjoy making everyone else more miserable the longer they post and the fact f***ing politics have got involved kind of makes this forum no longer a fun place to see what of the regular forum users were doing and they were mainly having a joke and a laugh you know like friends,pals, mates yeah but now even without the old forum members...  So can we please just make the forums the fun, carefree like they were before not this toxic wasteland.    
    Ikr - the old forums were so much fun. No one really took the forums seriously, except for me, even though I don't anymore, and it was fun going to the forums that just had people talking about whatever on every single thread. Now people feel like if they chat or comment on replies to a thread that they'll get it flagged as "spam." Now instead of friends, pals, and mates, there are people saying "oh, I totally hate so and so" and "you don't always agree with me so you're dumb."

#MakeTheForumsFunAndCareFreeLikeTheyWereBefore

*thinks to self* I am a cat. Cats are fun and carefree. Therefore, we need more cats on the forum. I'm going to start posting cat pictures in every post that I make from now on in order to make the forums a more fun and carefree place...
  • I am the toxicness 

Now on the Australia server.

200k, finally
  • You can not please everyone on the Forum though and the ability to please people in what you say is also highly subjective as well. Even before the ability to flag people for "spam" or "abuse" there were those who may have said things that were not necessarily always agreeable or always a laughing matter on the Forum  You can laugh if you want at my comment, but it is true. The Forums can still get a bit chaotic even with the ability to now flag people for "spam" or "abuse". The Forum is not just about humor and being carefree either because again that is subjective and their are often times debates on the Forum as well. Not just debating now, but there also seemed to be much debating in the past as well. Now one could argue there are more debates on the Forum now than ever before, but my point being for as long as I have played this game which has been more than 2 years there always seemed to be debates on the Forum that were not necessarily always about humor and being "carefree".
    David Noble @ usa 1
    You can not please everyone on the Forum though and the ability to please people in what you say is also highly subjective as well. Even before the ability to flag people for "spam" or "abuse" there were those who may have said things that were not necessarily always agreeable or always a laughing matter on the Forum  You can laugh if you want at my comment, but it is true. The Forums can still get a bit chaotic even with the ability to now flag people for "spam" or "abuse". The Forum is not just about humor and being carefree either because again that is subjective and their are often times debates on the Forum as well. Not just debating now, but there also seemed to be much debating in the past as well. Now one could argue there are more debates on the Forum now than ever before, but my point being for as long as I have played this game which has been more than 2 years there always seemed to be debates on the Forum that were not necessarily always about humor and being "carefree".
    This is a game forum. It should always be a humorous and carefree place with lots of memes, cat pictures, cat GIFs, and plenty of spam and off topic posts on every single thread. All the moderators except for BM Ang are always so serious too and always take everything literally.
  • You can not please everyone on the Forum though and the ability to please people in what you say is also highly subjective as well. Even before the ability to flag people for "spam" or "abuse" there were those who may have said things that were not necessarily always agreeable or always a laughing matter on the Forum  You can laugh if you want at my comment, but it is true. The Forums can still get a bit chaotic even with the ability to now flag people for "spam" or "abuse". The Forum is not just about humor and being carefree either because again that is subjective and their are often times debates on the Forum as well. Not just debating now, but there also seemed to be much debating in the past as well. Now one could argue there are more debates on the Forum now than ever before, but my point being for as long as I have played this game which has been more than 2 years there always seemed to be debates on the Forum that were not necessarily always about humor and being "carefree".
    This is a game forum. It should always be a humorous and carefree place with lots of memes, cat pictures, cat GIFs, and plenty of spam and off topic posts on every single thread. All the moderators except for BM Ang are always so serious too and always take everything literally.
    I disagree with you there, there's a reason there are different sections of the forums including the off topic section.
    And well I believe everyone should have a sense of humor and should be able to enjoy it, there also shouldn't be crazy spamming and off-topic posts on every thread as people that want to have serious discussions (and people that are trying to get tips off the forums.) would not be able to do that. 
    Lord septimus @us1
    Liar. You know what we all mean.
  • You hardly have the authority to be telling people how their forum "should" work. There are other games and forums! Go to them if you hate it here.
  • You hardly have the authority to be telling people how their forum "should" work. There are other games and forums! Go to them if you hate it here.
    I agree with you.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • As the title properly suggests I'm kind of annoyed at how everyone on the forum tends to enjoy making everyone else more miserable the longer they post and the fact f***ing politics have got involved kind of makes this forum no longer a fun place to see what of the regular forum users were doing and they were mainly having a joke and a laugh you know like friends,pals, mates yeah but now even without the old forum members...  So can we please just make the forums the fun, carefree like they were before not this toxic wasteland.    
    Ikr - the old forums were so much fun. No one really took the forums seriously, except for me, even though I don't anymore, and it was fun going to the forums that just had people talking about whatever on every single thread. Now people feel like if they chat or comment on replies to a thread that they'll get it flagged as "spam." Now instead of friends, pals, and mates, there are people saying "oh, I totally hate so and so" and "you don't always agree with me so you're dumb."

*thinks to self* I am a cat. Cats are fun and carefree. Therefore, we need more cats on the forum. I'm going to start posting cat pictures in every post that I make from now on in order to make the forums a more fun and carefree place...
    Cormyria 2.0.

-DB
  • Honestly, The old forums was much better. Even though there was much more factionalism, it was a much more fun place.
    my esophagus big. 
  • Molson Beer (US1)Molson Beer (US1) US1 Posts: 8,443
    As the title properly suggests I'm kind of annoyed at how everyone on the forum tends to enjoy making everyone else more miserable the longer they post and the fact f***ing politics have got involved kind of makes this forum no longer a fun place to see what of the regular forum users were doing and they were mainly having a joke and a laugh you know like friends,pals, mates yeah but now even without the old forum members the forum shouldn't feel like if you post anything against, for or about anything you post will deleted, edited or you'll just be told to shut up which would be fine but sometimes this is just someone critiquing this game or someone complaining at the fact there no content beyond level 70 800 which are both fine but before when that was considered normal it's now rare and discouraged. So can we please just make the forums the fun, carefree like they were before not this toxic wasteland.    
    shut up
  • Hanzolo (US1)Hanzolo (US1) US1 Posts: 896
    shut up
    says the canadian LOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOL
    #TheDreamLivesOn

Hanzolo @ Canada1

• TannerM. (US1)TannerM. (US1) US1 Posts: 2,695
    Meh, if you treat everyone in kind, most will give you the same respect.  Boasting, insulting, or being flat out dumb tends to draw more toxicity.  That and picking a stance on an issue when you have no involvement gets people flared.  

The competitive community of this game isn't any worse than most others.  Hell, League of Legends community is absolute shit compared to what we have here.  Having been on the forums awhile, they aren't any less fun than they always have been.  There just used to be more people with different ideas.  GGE has watered down their long lasting player base with all the bullshit that you can pretty much see a divide between the new posters, and the old.  The old forums were also heavily controlled by the MISC / KoN / DT coalition.  DT dropped off for the most part when they decided to isolate themselves, and MISC made the forums in whole toxic towards KoN through propaganda and presence.  The only new content is generally MISC / KoN generated, so nobody else comments.  As of now, it's pretty much a MISC circle jerk with a handful of long time posters staying in the mix.  You want change, take it into your own hands.  I'd love to see the small alliance war threads like there used to be.      
    nHIylr9gif = The battle plan

The Ningdom now and forever - Serry 

Hion has a small dink
  • OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    As the title properly suggests I'm kind of annoyed at how everyone on the forum tends to enjoy making everyone else more miserable the longer they post and the fact f***ing politics have got involved kind of makes this forum no longer a fun place to see what of the regular forum users were doing and they were mainly having a joke and a laugh you know like friends,pals, mates yeah but now even without the old forum members...  So can we please just make the forums the fun, carefree like they were before not this toxic wasteland.    

People actually take forums seriously? LOL

• overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,797
    Nice to know people are actually talking to me but those just telling me that i can't ask people to stop flagging each other. 
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    #MakeForumsGreatAgain
    #MakeGGEgreatAgain
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• TannerM. (US1)TannerM. (US1) US1 Posts: 2,695

nHIylr9gif = The battle plan

The Ningdom now and forever - Serry 

Hion has a small dink
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232

Well you got me there
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

lol. what were we complaining about??

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file