Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

What happened to GGE?

I left GGE(once again) a few months ago, and things are so very different from the last time I came on.

First of all, I see they added another 30 day event to increase the maximum money GGS can reap from this game. Next, I see they removed the "Art of War" update. Now, they created a clone of the Renegade and Traveling Knights event. TO me, it seems this game is essentially a bunch of boring and bland clones.

I found a survey in the huge amount of mail i was receiving. For the second half, in which they ask you how the game does in certain aspects, I always ranked the worst or second worst option I honestly think this game has ran out of use, in terms of overall fun when playing. I've seen this game slowly transform over the years into a big money-grab. Almost all the people I knew who started empire around the same time or before me are now gone are barely active. They have seen a once mighty stronghold fall, and decided to ditch it. I did too, but I, for whatever reason, decided to visit the ruins of this stronghold, only to see it barely standing.

I have no idea how this game lasted into 2017 in the first place, but to summarize what I'm trying to say, this game has gone to absolute shit, and is way beyond the point of redemption......
my esophagus big. 

Comments

• tell that to all the people who cry and complain to gge that they want the crap changed  . . . then they turn around and complain about it to everyone else . . . so they don't look like idiots for wanting the stuff changed to start with.

• Sameehah (GB1)Sameehah (GB1) GB1 Posts: 7,483
    Well..  Welcome back :p
    Helllllooooo There

http25mediatumblrcomtumblr_m78q23hRy51rb85xmo1_500gif
  • tell that to all the people who cry and complain to gge that they want the crap changed  . . . then they turn around and complain about it to everyone else . . . so they don't look like idiots for wanting the stuff changed to start with.
    Honestly, its not even that i wanted them to change things. If your going to make a boring, redundant game, you might as well try to remove the bugs in it at least

well at least once the game gone those who haven't paid a penny will go away thinking what a good time while those who have paid will go away with what the f*** did i do with my money 
    Agreed. Honestly, all games come and fall. That's why you spend on the ones that last for a very long time, and not games who lose steam and start dying very quickly because of bad management, like GGE

I have no idea how this game lasted into 2017 in the first place, but to summarize what I'm trying to say, this game has gone to absolute shit, and is way beyond the point of redemption......

Well said but you should be careful - GGS and the Empire community in general despise no-one more than those that call it as it is.

(Cue the apologists.)

Well, there was always an unfair advantage when people who wanted to make the game good again tried too. At once point in 2015, we were at our height in terms of petitions to change the game. But suddenly(I know @overlord90098 (GB1) will remember this) all the momentum just died. This was oddly around the time the US1 forums started, I believe. On the US1 forums, there was virtually no hate towards GGE in the beginning. The UK1 forums continued to struggle on, but we could not last, because too many people either did not care, or they thought this crappy game was good enough as it was. Now, in late 2016, and even right now in 2017, it seems there is no criticism of GGE and GGS because it seems nobody has the balls to do it. In fact, I believe the US forums was merged back into the UK forums because criticism vanished on both forums. But that last part is just a theory, not a fact. Honestly, if I was head of GGS, I would leave a lot of the decisions up to the Players as well, and I would actually give a damn about their opinion.

my esophagus big. 
  • overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,797
    can't seem to log on which is fun might give me a reason to quit finally 
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • Now, in late 2016, and even right now in 2017, it seems there is no criticism of GGE and GGS because it seems nobody has the balls to do it. In fact, I believe the US forums was merged back into the UK forums because criticism vanished on both forums. But that last part is just a theory, not a fact. Honestly, if I was head of GGS, I would leave a lot of the decisions up to the Players as well, and I would actually give a damn about their opinion.

Well, I will not argue with your observation that there is a serious lack of balls from the 'warriors' taking part in this 'war-game'... The truth is; anyone raising objections puts themselves in the firing line and if the mods aren't closing down the discussions where GGS is criticized, members of the top alliances here are quick to attack those who dare to raise legitimate concerns. I have seen many a decent player lambasted into submission and I myself am considered a pariah on this server for no reason other than I have shone a light on the truth of what is really going on here.

However, the truth does not fear enquiry. :)

Despite an apparent lack of courage though, I think more and more people are coming to realize that the problems with this game are not confined to the gameplay; the way that the T&Cs are enforced on an ad hoc and partisan basis has caused a 'crisis of trust' - No-one believes anymore that GGS is going to be 'fair and even-handed'. And although it is clear to the world and his wife that certain players in certain alliances are exempt from the T&Cs, (they can run multiple accounts and pass-share with impunity while the rest of us face suspensions and deletions for the same thing), what Abbie and I have uncovered, (Abbie is my 'Weapon X'), shows that the problems with this game are not simply the inequitable ways that the T&Cs are enforced, the biggest problem is the fact that the game is rigged.

It turns out that GGS employees also play this game and if you fall foul of an alliance that has members who are also members of the support staff, your account will be suspended on the basis of trumped-up allegations and this is precisely what happened to me. I tool-cleaned Praetorians one Sunday night, the following afternoon my account was suspended... I tool-cleaned them again on Wednesday night and on the following afternoon, my account was once again suspended. And on both occasions, Praetorians wiped me out... GGS staff directly intervened on behalf of Praetorians and THAT should cause concern for every honest player in this game.

And consider this: Each server has their 'top player', have you noticed? Each server has that one player at the top whose position is unassailable. They have no competition to challenge them and any potential competition tends to be in that player's alliance. These 'top players' effectively control the game-play on the server they occupy... Have you noticed?

But this is a war-game, isn't it? Not really... For these 'top players', it is actually simply a Farmville type game. All the ruby whales band together in alliances that pact with each other and 'milk' the lower level alliances unopposed.

And if you were (apparently) pouring $20K per month into an account, wouldn't you occasionally jump to another server and take on the 'king' or 'queen' there? But they don't and for me, the most logical explanation is; each server is 'allocated' a top player that has access to unlimited troops, tools, kit, gems, etc., and their role is to stimulate spending by regulating game-play on their particular server.

It's a clever ploy, of course, and the lack of transparency from GGS, the fact that we are prohibited from publishing PMs, Skype chat and e-mail exchanges between players and support staff works as protection from detection...

If I were a ruby buyer, I would be incandescent with rage over this; the game is rigged and more and more of us are coming to realize that.

Oh, and welcome back. :)

Honestly, that idea you have is very interesting. The Top buyer increases the amount others buy by making things harder for them.........
    my esophagus big. 
  • can't seem to log on which is fun might give me a reason to quit finally 
    Congratulations, your one step closer to freedom
    my esophagus big. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file