We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Customer Service - Info about ban times

BM Neroxnex BM Neroxnex Posts: 763Moderator
forum_lp_trade_820x150dqjkpng

Hi everyone,

We know the topic of account suspensions by Customer Service has raised questions in the past. Today we want to provide you with an overview of our procedures for certain breaches of our rules.

Before we dive into the details, we want to clarify a few general points. Every case reported to us will be verified individually. The following ban times are guidelines - exceptions are not common, but possible. For very grave violations of our terms of use we reserve the right to skip steps or even outright close an account permanently.

We also want to inform you, that after every breach of our rules and a subsequent account suspension, we send an email to the email address registered with the account. For that reason please make sure that the email address on your account is active. If you are unsure or need to update your contact details, please contact our support team.

1. Bots

As announced in previous months, we will continue to take harsh action against the creators and operators of third-party software used to automate gameplay in our games. Accounts that are found to be using such software will also be sanctioned with the penalties outlined below:

• First offence: 12 hour suspension
  • Second offence: 24 hour suspension
  • Third offence: 72 hour suspension and a final warning before account closure
  • Fourth offence: Permanent closure of the account

In addition to manual verification, we also use an automated detection system that recognizes specific bots and bans accounts temporarily.

As mentioned already, in case an account is found to be involved in extreme violation of our terms of use, we do reserve the right to skip some of the above steps or immediately close accounts forever.

2. Multiaccounts and account sharing

Regularly we receive reports about multiaccount users and account sharing. Unfortunately there are cases where the situation is not clear and nothing can be done from Customer Service side. This is why our game teams are working hard on new features in the game to make multiaccounts and account sharing obsolete. We will let you know as soon as we have more info. 

3. Harassment

Sadly some of our players are abusing our communication channels to harass, insult or denounce others. Such behaviour is not tolerated by us and will also lead to actions against the user accounts in question. When reporting harassment cases to us, please always send a screenshot of the text in question along with archiving messages you may have been sent (where possible). Otherwise we will be unable to react.

The penalties for harassment cases are:

• First offence: 6 hour suspension
  • Second offence: 12 hour suspension
  • Third offence: 24 hour suspension and a final warning before account closure
  • Fourth offence: Permanent closure of the account

4. Irregularities with payments

Besides the abovementioned offences that are being dealt with by our Customer Service Team, there are also account suspensions issued by our payment and/or fraud departments. Such actions are for things such as unexplained chargebacks or incorrect payment information. The length of these suspensions varies from case to case.

5. General information

Please note that every six months, one step of the penalty system will be taken back. If an account was suspended for 12 hours previously, but has not received any other strike in the last six months, the next suspension would again be 12 hours.

The mentioned categories are of course not the only types of violations which could lead to account suspensions. If we verify any other kind of breach of our terms of use, we do have the right to take action against those even if they are not listed here.

empire_nomination_timeline_desktop_476x268

It is also worth mentioning that the penalties in our games are separate from our forums and follow different rules. Forum suspensions are issued by our Community Managers and moderators, while suspensions in our games are dealt with by Customer Service.

At times we ban accounts as a safety measure and not for punishment. For example if the ownership of an account is unclear and the possessions of the account are in danger, we lock the account to prevent damage until we can be sure to return the account to the rightful owner.

Due to data protection we will continue to not reveal any information about actions taken against accounts that were reported by you. Thank you for your understanding!

We received the request from the community that players who were suspended should not show up in ranking lists. At this moment we are evaluating the technical possibilities because it is a highly complex system. For now we will focus on improved detection systems - in the next step we will look at the ranking lists.

We do hope that this information will prove useful to you and hope for a continued fair cooperation in the future.

Your Customer Service Team and Board Team

Comments

• Wow! Nice decision :smile:
    Proud General Of Shiv Sena (IN1)
    Ruby Player
    Will miss my ruins friends  :p
  • thanks for the info :smile:
    Member of Arzawa Of Camelot

United we stand Divided we fall

~known unknown
  • K1LLER (US1)K1LLER (US1) Posts: 561US1
    I log into my account from many different devices, depending where I am, never have had an issue
  • ossi78 (SKN1)ossi78 (SKN1) Posts: 34SKN1
    hmmm so we just have to report a player and get others to do the same then you need to look at him again and again ,, to get him out, if in need achieve all that must then hire a lot more

if we follow all your rules, there is not a player back in empier,,
    and even GGE got all plays that would have a gift  the one winter to break their own rules.
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,993
    Every single person that I know of in game password shares and multi-accounts, and they openly admit to it too, except for two or three who claim that they don't. The only way to make multi-accounting "obsolete" is to literally ban almost every player in game except for me and the other inactives who don't have time for multiple accounts. Sounds too good to be true. Probably isn't though - it's so insane that I think GGS might actually do that.
    catbargif
    95% of  people on the internet have some kind of mental or personality disorder. Society is sick.

Neph's 3rd apology to the Misc
  • edited 22.03.2017
    sharing pass with leader /deputy  of any ally 

multiple acc :  looting n doubling resources 
                            recurting tools 

acc  pass will share with leader or deputy

when income comes or when ally member  outsides  leader or deputy of ally will help us to come to main ally or wing 
  • if pass share with other  (disadvantage)
    1. ally hacking 
    2.selling decro n demolishung decro
    3.selling equipment 
    4.takeing all tools n transfering to his acc
    5. changing  castle or op name to abuse name 

• Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) Posts: 567AU1
    "My personal interpretation of this announcement was that where it has been mentioned multi accounts may be made 'obsolete', it is in fact meant that features in the game may be rolled out that make multi accounting a useless pastime anyway, and therefore removing the motivation for players to multi account."

this suggest to me more dumbing down of the game..part of the problem with multis is they make access to rewards, resources etc easier.  if gge gives in and effectively allows easy access to all of us whats the point..
    Shares @ au 1
  • as india sever is quite sever because of DNA (do not attack) so for manageing huge troop is hard if he hit DNA player RH (return hits) will  applied  . so every1 will have 2 acc to save their troop 

• n if we want to open 5 wave or 6 wave  with help multiple acc we double resource so it take less time to open 5 waves n 6 waves 

n we can station our troop by  on the bird mode on mulltiple acc this can help ally to save their attacker 

• in msg incl me or some1 if they are anger they say abuse words in cate only in pm u r not allowing  but  now they useing with "____________________''  or *** or $@# ;

wht will u do if they use abuse word  in ally chat ?

explain 
    ( 5 mark question )  :P
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 692NL1

2. Multiaccounts and account sharing

Regularly we receive reports about multiaccount users and account sharing. Unfortunately there are cases where the situation is not clear and nothing can be done from Customer Service side. This is why our game teams are working hard on new features in the game to make multiaccounts and account sharing obsolete. We will let you know as soon as we have more info. 

meaning??? if i login to my acct at the library, and then at my friends place that also plays, and then via my phone service, i will get suspended?

multi-accounting=   having more then 1 account like some alliances with several members are just 1 guy

good thing that they try to stop this
    flug @ nl 1
  • edited 22.03.2017
    BOTS
     i agreed that  but now players use auto-clicking bots n robot empire PC or mobile in VPN so less chance of finding him 

wht will u do can u tell???

as my friends r useing it  now also 
Sign In to comment.