Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Roadmap Q2+Q3 2017

Comments

• Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
    Gem Rework & Tooltip
    Regarding the gem rework, there are indeed combinations of comms and casts with the gems from the eagle demon and the elementalist that are too powerful.

What I suggested in the closed beta was to just tone down the particular gems that are the issue. Like the eagle's eye from the eagle demon cast. It has 17% extra strength to melee and 20% more troops on the wall. Imagine 4 of those on an ice cast. But I suggested to e.g. make it 5% extra strength to melee and 15% more troops on the wall, and then just increase stats on other equipment or increase the set-bonus to compensate. You could do the same with the aura gems from the elementalist, just tone it down. Problem solved, now hybrid comms/casts are no longer too powerful.

Another thing I suggested was to make speciel gems available to buy for everyone from e.g. the nomads/samurai. Just slightly worse than ruby versions. That would bridge the gap between rubywhales and average players. Cause not everyone can afford the speciel gems from the eagle demon or the elementalist. But if you could earn a slightly worse gem from the nomads and buy it with khan tablets, that would make everyone have the ability to make hybrid comms/casts. I think that would make the game more fun and add more variety.

Closed beta participants have not had any of their suggestions tested or implemented. GGS has made up these ideas on their own and asked us to test them. Closed beta has already worked because we tested an idea that would have been significantly worse and based on our feedback they didn't implement it. Your claim that we don't care about non-ruby buyers is plain silly. One of the problems we had with the gem rework is that non-ruby players would not be able to fire-cast anymore. You would require a fire station. Another was that players that buy rubies regularly would benefit significantly because we tend to have a lot of unique equipment, but those that are still on legendary would get screwed. Did you even read the original post? 

The players testing on the closed beta come from a variety of different payment levels and gameplay levels. My interest is in fair and fun gameplay. The change that I was against would have benefitted me significantly more than it would have you, but of course, I am acting in self-interest, right? 

If I was then I would have loved their original idea. I didn't because it's already too easy for me to run over players like you. I don't need it to be easier. I'm genuinely bored. Basically maxed out on multiple servers. What else is there for me to do? 
    Why would it be worse to have higher maximum limits?

I think there's been a lack of information from GGS regarding this. I was one of those who tested GGS' original idea on the closed beta which was significantly worse. Before I start, I'll say that GGS are adamant that there is an unbalance caused by some gems (specifically the ruby bought gems) and although I have to agree, I think it's debatable the way in which they are looking to address it. That said, they are and the current proposed changes are probably the least invasive.

The original proposed changes would have seen most commander and castellan sets increased to 150/150 from 90/90. GGS were going to do this by buffing the combination bonuses of the sets because buffing individual equipment stats takes a while apparently. This meant that those players who have purchased expensive gems to create commanders and casts with significantly higher ranged or melee bonuses than the 90 cap would have still lost out because everyone with a commander or castellan set would be equal to them (despite paying no money).

Additionally, people who held casts or commanders made with legendary equipment or a mixture of different unique equipment would be left dead in the water. A 90/90 cast made with legendary equipment would not see a buff because GGS were only planning to buff the set combination bonuses. We tested a Foreign Invasion commander with the new 150/150 stats against a 90/90 cast. Both commander and castellans had mid-range courtyard gems on. Of 15k troops in the castle, over 10k were wiped out by this modest attack. 

In short, the original proposed changes would have narrowed the gap between the ruby whales and those who have all event sets and everyone else would have been severely weakened. People's 90/90 casts would have been nerfed overnight. Those Foreign Invasion / Berimond Commander combos everyone likes would have been pointless. Most people would have lost out in some way. 

In truth, this gem update isn't going to negatively affect the majority of people who have commented on this thread. It only really affects those who have spend significant amount of rubys on gems, such as the eagle's eye. Given that the original idea would have made these purchases pointless as well, it was suggested that if GGS did reduce the benefit of using them, they would have to look at offering refunds and the removal of gems for free for a set period of time. 

The hero stats and the HoL bonuses will still go over the caps. It will still be possible to have over 100% flank bonus using the HoL, a Foreign Invasion hero and a couple of normal flank gems. It just won't be possible to buy a commander that guarantees a win on the wall every time. Similarly, it won't be possible to buy a castellan that can hold the middle every single time.
    Regarding the gem rework, there are indeed combinations of comms and casts with the gems from the eagle demon and the elementalist that are too powerful.

What I suggested in the closed beta was to just tone down the particular gems that are the issue. Like the eagle's eye from the eagle demon cast. It has 17% extra strength to melee and 20% more troops on the wall. Imagine 4 of those on an ice cast. But I suggested to e.g. make it 5% extra strength to melee and 15% more troops on the wall, and then just increase stats on other equipment or increase the set-bonus to compensate. You could do the same with the aura gems from the elementalist, just tone it down. Problem solved, now hybrid comms/casts are no longer too powerful.

Another thing I suggested was to make speciel gems available to buy for everyone from e.g. the nomads/samurai. Just slightly worse than ruby versions. That would bridge the gap between rubywhales and average players. Cause not everyone can afford the speciel gems from the eagle demon or the elementalist. But if you could earn a slightly worse gem from the nomads and buy it with khan tablets, that would make everyone have the ability to make hybrid comms/casts. I think that would make the game more fun and add more variety.

Closed beta participants have not had any of their suggestions tested or implemented. GGS has made up these ideas on their own and asked us to test them. Closed beta has already worked because we tested an idea that would have been significantly worse and based on our feedback they didn't implement it. Your claim that we don't care about non-ruby buyers is plain silly. One of the problems we had with the gem rework is that non-ruby players would not be able to fire-cast anymore. You would require a fire station. Another was that players that buy rubies regularly would benefit significantly because we tend to have a lot of unique equipment, but those that are still on legendary would get screwed. Did you even read the original post? 

The players testing on the closed beta come from a variety of different payment levels and gameplay levels. My interest is in fair and fun gameplay. The change that I was against would have benefitted me significantly more than it would have you, but of course, I am acting in self-interest, right? 

If I was then I would have loved their original idea. I didn't because it's already too easy for me to run over players like you. I don't need it to be easier. I'm genuinely bored. Basically maxed out on multiple servers. What else is there for me to do? 
    Why would it be worse to have higher maximum limits?
    It completely changed PvP, in some ways for the better, in some ways worse. Ultimately, players like us would benefit greatly while less-active players would be penalized. As I outlined above, the change only affected unique equipment. Leaving legendary sets far behind. It would have required a change to legendary and I don't think they wanted to do that. They claim because of several hours of downtime, but I think it's more because of the effort it would require. lol. 

Increased wall, gate, moat, and range resulted in a massive increase for the defender on the wall. It would have added an interesting dynamic to defense, but it also would have made an experienced player with a good hall unbreakable. Which may already be true, anyways. 

If you haven't already stopped tooling attacks in WoR and BC, well, you definitely would after this change. haha. 

It made it so fire casts were only available to people who bought a fire station. That would have been unfair. 

It still killed the combo commanders and casts. You couldn't get up over the 150% by adding the right gems, they would just be wasted. You wouldn't care, though, because you would have WoR commanders that were stronger than the hybrids you had made, and kala casts that were stronger than the hybrids you had made. So it was kind of a pointless change at that point. Massively changing most dynamics of the game to still have to spend a ton of time on compensating the players that exploited this bug, and still screwing those players out of millions of rubies in stuff. 
    Thanks for your answers.

So they were going to destroy combos and reward sets. It's all been said. Briefly: a) lazy programming, b) boring equipment mechanics, c) reduced player creativity and control, leading to d) overly simplistic gaming

Possible solution: make hard caps behind the scenes that are what our current gems + hero can take us to. Then don't break these with new, super-powered equipment and gems. Balance the casts and coms, err on the side of defense so that weaker players don't get overwhelmed as long as they do the monthly events for casts.

Other games I enjoy are the ones which have large player-tuning possibilities. When devs of these games make a mistake, creating something OP (over powered), they "nerf" it, which is to reduce its power in accordance to everything else. The problem here, as I see it, is that the p2w (pay 2 win) element is coming back to haunt them - and rightfully so!  What did they think would happen when selling OP equipment for lots of money?  They somehow thought gamers would think "gosh, I better just concentrate on the sets than mix and match, because that would be unethical" ???

If they've identified that people are leaving because players are realizing that the p2w gear is way OP and they can't afford it, leading to a game that is not unfair because of skill and knowledge differences, but bank accounts, well that is how GGE has directed this game and for these reasons p2w games fail.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
    One of the big issues that seems to have been overlooked is security of accounts.

One of our alliance members was hacked two nights ago. Now I understand GGE will trot out the excuse that this would have been due to our member being less than careful with his password but also understand that our member actually lives alone.

Our member was able to reclaim his account and of course all his saved rubies had been wasted plus a few other problems.

So our member did the right thing and changed all his passwords etc only to find the hacker returned the following night and was again able to hack the account with ease. This time all of our members tools were stolen (via the monument process) and all of his coins used in the process.

Unfortunately, despite this game being played 24/7, no GGE staff were working over the weekend and so no help has been forthcoming.

I have been playing this game for over four years and, despite GGE denials, it is common knowledge that the game is easy to hack as evidenced by the numerous players I have witnessed having their accounts destroyed by malicious criminal elements.

So before any of these wonderful proposed "improvements" get underway it is time GGE spent some time and resources on improving the security of the game.

Having a business that runs 24/7 and not having staff on duty after hours to deal with emergencies can only be described as negligent and amateuristic at best.

There is a need GGE for you to lift your game and provide all of us players (I don't think you understand the meaning of the word customers) better security for the (in many cases) thousands of dollars we invest in your business.

NR

99% of the time a hacking is the fault of the user. Living alone is not really relevant, but I guess that eliminates the possibility of a sibling messing around, so that's good. 

What do you think hacking is? How do you think it is done? 

Brute force is one option. This is simply using a tool to try different passwords until you get through. For it to happen that quickly a person would need to choose a password like "hello1". 

If your password is "word47" then it's probably compromised already, by default. As are pretty much any variation of password, 12345, 123456, etc. Words like "love", "hate", "superman", "princess", etc. Are all compromised already. The tool that's used to brute force knows multiple different hash variations of these words. 

When a database is compromised the passwords hashes are compromised too. That's why a password like "t&%08YC4JG0s" is what you should be using. (Don't use that password, I just generated it and posted it publicly. It's not a good password anymore.)

Another method of hacking is via "RAT". A RAT is a Remote Access Trojan. These can hide on a system and watch things like your webcam and what you're browsing, but even worse they can steal your keystrokes and saved password list, compromising all of your accounts, including your email. They can even access IP restricted websites through your computer, such as banking, PayPal, SSH, etc. 

If you use your browser's "saved passwords" feature then your password is stored in plaintext on your system. A RAT could easily take your password and the hacker could then use it as they want to. 

If your friend decided to change their password from "password" to "password1" then even guessing would be sufficient to achieve hacking. 

I can assure you that if hacking was as easy as you claim then Negan would have been hacked a long time ago, along with Lesky, Stu, Mikeshot, Phil, and anyone else you can think of that can break a million PP. They certainly wouldn't waste their efforts on weak accounts, no offense.  

My password list was compromised in Aug. 2016. Through no fault of GGE, I could have been hacked but the person who hacked me either didn't know what GGE was or didn't care. Either way, I was able to change the password and I am as secure as ever. 

I recommend Lastpass. You'll be more secure if you use it, in my opinion. 

Does your friend have antivirus? Might be time to do a scan. Has he/she downloaded any files recently? Might be worth throwing those files into a Virustotal scan, your antivirus isn't guaranteed to detect an infection. The simple fact is that an antivirus will not detect a virus until that virus is added to the virus database of the respective antivirus program. Virustotal uses all of the databases, but you'll need to learn how to read false positives too. I, personally, do not use antivirus and I do not recommend it, along with many security researchers. Learning how to avoid a virus is significantly more useful. 

Hope this helps somehow. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
    - Performance Fixes : Always welcome.

- Easter Content :
    Sure?

- Gem Rework & Tooltip : Interesting, and while I see where you are going with this, you run the risk of making everything too similar. RIP Fire Casts.

- New Achievements from Community : More than welcome.

- Wishing Well Optimization : Great! Now make lucky pennies much more accessible..please?

- Kingdom Resource Rework : Music to my ears,

- Personal Resource Villages : An interesting concept for sure, although I am curious as to why you just don't incorporate these production bonus' into the base production of the outer worlds?

- Tool Inventory Rework : Could you please do something about the 99 tool cap per slot? Perhaps bump the cap to 999, or make it similar to troop movement, where there is no cap or limit per slot, simply just the type of tool. You'd be surprised how much your hands hurt after moving over 10k tools between say an OP & your main can be.

- Bots : So long as you can do whatever the bots can do, better and more effectively...people will cease to use third party software.

- Speed up PvE! : A welcome addition.

- Auto Recruitment Optimization : Does this include a reintroduction of the +1 feature to the game? You do realize that if you had added 80 per slot & kept +1...everyone would be happy.

- Global War of the Realms & Difficulty System (Server vs Server) : An interesting idea, so long as there's no additional lag.

- Unique ‘’Premium Currency’’ Vendor : More Convenience is always welcome.

- New Event Mechanic : Yes, we have noticed. It makes the game very monotonous in its nature.

- Summer Push (Summer surprise) : Okay, please make the looting of rubies a consistent feature of hitting outer world towers & RBCs, 25 rubies a hit in ice, 30 a hit in sands, 35 a hit in fire peaks...20-40 a hit in great empire depending on the level of the tower. This will REWARD active players. Yes, I am asking that you allow rubies to be looted on every RBC/Tower hit.

- Alliance Tournament : Welcome & Understood. I assume you are working on a point based system, rather than the accumulation of the raw glory totals.

- Royal Capital : Please elaborate? I have never heard of any alliance "obtaining two capitals", this was one that I thought impossible for anyone to exploit, so please explain. On the weakest cities I could find, I took 100 losses a hit for a mixed return of 50-60k resources...often times half of that would be food.

- Multiaccounting : How do you honestly plan to deal with this? There's so many variables present, and even more precautions that can be taken to easily hide any evidence of multi accounting.

-HTML5 update : I have been waiting a long time for this.

I rate 8/10 overall. It seems you all are finally leaning in the right direction after half a decade of chasing the $$$, you are giving a lot of people a lot of hope for these updates.

Lastly,  Don't screw it up.
    multi accounting can be stopped by tracking IP addresses. I and my brother used to play the game together and we all had the same network IP but the computer has its own personal IP as well. if this can be somehow verified and tracked then it should make things fairer in the long rrun
    When you and your brother connect to the server your IP will show up as the same to the server. Your local IP is not the same thing as your network IP. Though, it may append some information to the end. I've never seen it in my logs, though. 

Multiaccounting cannot be stopped by tracking IP addresses for people in South America and most of Asia. Unfortunately, the amount of IP addresses available at some Internet Exchange points is too low for IPs not to overlap. Furthermore, dynamic IP addresses are common and false positives would cost them a lot of time. 

That said, running the right query would allow them to see enough to be able to eliminate many multiaccounts, I do agree with that. Any decently smart multiaccounter could get away with it forever, at least until they made it completely bannable to use IPs that trace back to a proxy network or TOR exit node. 
    perryl @ USA1 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • One of the big issues that seems to have been overlooked is security of accounts.

One of our alliance members was hacked two nights ago. Now I understand GGE will trot out the excuse that this would have been due to our member being less than careful with his password but also understand that our member actually lives alone.

Our member was able to reclaim his account and of course all his saved rubies had been wasted plus a few other problems.

So our member did the right thing and changed all his passwords etc only to find the hacker returned the following night and was again able to hack the account with ease. This time all of our members tools were stolen (via the monument process) and all of his coins used in the process.

Unfortunately, despite this game being played 24/7, no GGE staff were working over the weekend and so no help has been forthcoming.

I have been playing this game for over four years and, despite GGE denials, it is common knowledge that the game is easy to hack as evidenced by the numerous players I have witnessed having their accounts destroyed by malicious criminal elements.

So before any of these wonderful proposed "improvements" get underway it is time GGE spent some time and resources on improving the security of the game.

Having a business that runs 24/7 and not having staff on duty after hours to deal with emergencies can only be described as negligent and amateuristic at best.

There is a need GGE for you to lift your game and provide all of us players (I don't think you understand the meaning of the word customers) better security for the (in many cases) thousands of dollars we invest in your business.

NR

99% of the time a hacking is the fault of the user. Living alone is not really relevant, but I guess that eliminates the possibility of a sibling messing around, so that's good. 

Brute force is one option. This is simply using a tool to try different passwords until you get through. For it to happen that quickly a person would need to choose a password like "hello1". 

If your password is "word47" then it's probably compromised already, by default. As are pretty much any variation of password, 12345, 123456, etc. Words like "love", "hate", "superman", "princess", etc. Are all compromised already. The tool that's used to brute force knows multiple different hash variations of these words. 

When a database is compromised the passwords hashes are compromised too. That's why a password like "t&%08YC4JG0s" is what you should be using. (Don't use that password, I just generated it and posted it publicly. It's not a good password anymore.)

Another method of hacking is via "RAT". A RAT is a Remote Access Trojan. These can hide on a system and watch things like your webcam and what you're browsing, but even worse they can steal your keystrokes and saved password list, compromising all of your accounts, including your email. They can even access IP restricted websites through your computer, such as banking, PayPal, SSH, etc. 

If you use your browser's "saved passwords" feature then your password is stored in plaintext on your system. A RAT could easily take your password and the hacker could then use it as they want to. 

If your friend decided to change their password from "password" to "password1" then even guessing would be sufficient to achieve hacking. 

I can assure you that if hacking was as easy as you claim then Negan would have been hacked a long time ago, along with Lesky, Stu, Mikeshot, Phil, and anyone else you can think of that can break a million PP. They certainly wouldn't waste their efforts on weak accounts, no offense.  

My password list was compromised in Aug. 2016. Through no fault of GGE, I could have been hacked but the person who hacked me either didn't know what GGE was or didn't care. Either way, I was able to change the password and I am as secure as ever. 

Does your friend have antivirus? Might be time to do a scan. Has he/she downloaded any files recently? Might be worth throwing those files into a Virustotal scan, your antivirus isn't guaranteed to detect an infection. The simple fact is that an antivirus will not detect a virus until that virus is added to the virus database of the respective antivirus program. Virustotal uses all of the databases, but you'll need to learn how to read false positives too. I, personally, do not use antivirus and I do not recommend it, along with many security researchers. Learning how to avoid a virus is significantly more useful. 

Hope this helps somehow. 
    Thank you for your input and I will endeavour to forward your advice on.

No doubt you have already realised that I cannot in any way be described as a computer nerd and freely admit to no real understanding of the behind the scenes complexities of computer programs.

What I do know however is that there are many corporations such as banks, IT companies and service providers as well as even government departments who are mostly able to protect their customers from malicious usage of their accounts.

That level of protection is clearly not on GGE's agenda

NR
    NoblemanRoss @ au 1
  • multi accounting can be stopped by tracking IP addresses.

100% disagree! Because i have 100 acc and when we are in war i join and set up the wall. Other way how we will def?
    One of the big issues that seems to have been overlooked is security of accounts.

NR

Hope this helps somehow. 
    Thank you for your input and I will endeavour to forward your advice on.

No doubt you have already realised that I cannot in any way be described as a computer nerd and freely admit to no real understanding of the behind the scenes complexities of computer programs.

What I do know however is that there are many corporations such as banks, IT companies and service providers as well as even government departments who are mostly able to protect their customers from malicious usage of their accounts.

That level of protection is clearly not on GGE's agenda

NR
    I disagree. In either of the instances I outlined above, your bank would likely be as much at risk as any other website. This person should be seriously looking at their security because this is not a normal thing to happen. 

No website or antivirus program can protect a user from the main attack vector, the user. The #1 way a user gets compromised is by clicking "yes", "install", or "I agree" when they shouldn't have. 

If you take a minute to Google it, you will find the that all information online is at risk. If you really want to keep your information safe, don't post it online at all. That said if you're going to use the internet. Familiarize yourself with backing up your data and safe browsing techniques. Consider using a password manager and avoid installing unnecessary programs. 

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/dec/14/yahoo-hack-security-of-one-billion-accounts-breached

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/money/savings-banking/best-and-worst-banks-for-online-security-revealed-11364106713846

Banks are actually one of the worst offenders of bad security practices. 
    perryl @ USA1 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • Not sure I totally agree perryl but either way, it is still way too easy to hack GGE accounts and security needs to be tightened up.

I am also aware that GGE have in the past stated that they will no longer investigate multi accounts which is clearly an endorsement of the practice. As GGE are not the solution then I guess it is now up to the rest of us to continue driving multi account players out of the game

NR
    NoblemanRoss @ au 1
  • You're going overboard  on this "Fairness" issue. 

Stop worrying about all the whiny cry babies who complain constantly and concentrate on fixing the glitches, (like no warning horns on incoming BC attacks).  These whiners are the "play for free" crowd and contribute nothing  to your financial bottom  line.  This is a WAR game.  There is nothing fair about war.  There are winners and there are losers. The losers always whine instead of working to get better.

"Fair" is: 1. We all pay the same price for rubies; 2. We all get offered, and have, the same opportunities; 3. We are all treated equally even if we don't WHINE.  It's  that easy.

I agree about the Bots.... but only because it effects your financial bottom line and is a sound business decision.  Multiple accounts that have never bought rubies have  the same effect, but accounts that provide you a positive cash flow should not concern you.  Everyone has the same opportunity in this regard.

Take the money you spend on trying to satisfy the Whiners and spend it on some weekend support staff.  The returns will  be far better among your paying customers.  The customer is very seldom right is they are constant WHINERS.

I'm just sayin .........

• The fight against Bots

You're going overboard  on this "Fairness" issue. 

Stop worrying about all the whiny cry babies who complain constantly and concentrate on fixing the glitches, (like no warning horns on incoming BC attacks).  These whiners are the "play for free" crowd and contribute nothing  to your financial bottom  line.  This is a WAR game.  There is nothing fair about war.  There are winners and there are losers. The losers always whine instead of working to get better.

"Fair" is: 1. We all pay the same price for rubies; 2. We all get offered, and have, the same opportunities; 3. We are all treated equally even if we don't WHINE.  It's  that easy.

I agree about the Bots.... but only because it effects your financial bottom line and is a sound business decision.  Multiple accounts that have never bought rubies have  the same effect, but accounts that provide you a positive cash flow should not concern you.  Everyone has the same opportunity in this regard.

Take the money you spend on trying to satisfy the Whiners and spend it on some weekend support staff.  The returns will  be far better among your paying customers.  The customer is very seldom right is they are constant WHINERS.

I'm just sayin .........

Whether you consider non-ruby buyers to be whiners is an opinion but you're failing to see the bigger picture. Contrary to what some people think, non-ruby players are crucial to the game. Without them, the game wouldn't be as varied and you'd soon see the ruby-buyers quitting. Those who buy rubies may well directly contribute revenue but GGS needs players (of all sorts) to keep the game going - it's how free-to-play games thrive. 

You also fail to account for the middle group. Moderate ruby buyers. They directly contribute revenue but this update is not targeting them. This update is targeting the very small minority of players capable of spending large amounts of rubies on very specific gems which does create unbalanced situations.

Your argument about fairness doesn't stand up either. Yes, give everyone the same opportunity but you offer every player the chance to delete 1 account of their choosing for £500 - is that fair? Everyone has the opportunity but it's not fair and it's not healthy for the game. That's an extreme example but by your argument, it would still be equal. 
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • just fix the game . stop adding things most likey it has buggs  any time gge comes up with something new. just fix the game.
     fire these horrible screw ups who keep doing this. gge do you think people will keep spending money on a game that has all these buggs ?really how do you screw it up 2 times now where people can log in ?
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,104
    Kingdom resource Rework
    I did misunderstand what Perryl said in terms Building Damage and I could understand it's use against accounts you were sure were multi's or shells.  I wouldn't like to see active players accounts taken down in that way but I should have read the post more thoroughly so apologies.  (you might want to frame that it's a unique item!)

Just to say thanks to Chris for a clear explanation of the issue and insight into the testing.  Appreciate him taking the time to help us understand the issue more clearly.  If this is what comes from the testing group than I think most of us could get behind it and support the players involved.  What would be good to see next is a moderator flag this up to a CM or QA so that they can pick up on the explanation and give a bit more detail so we can assess who is effected and how.  Much better to know even in advance than log in a find the situation Chris describes particularly with high value bought items.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • Wanheda (US1)Wanheda (US1) US1 Posts: 89
    Kingdom resource Rework
    Alright Goodgame Studios,
    Here are 10 steps to make yourselves more successful.

1. READ ALL THE POSTS IN THIS THREAD.
    2. don't change the gem's at all, i might not have an super cast's/comm's but i am considering spending millions of rubies buying the gems to make better casts. 90:90 is what is achievable for non ruby players, why should it be the same for the players that spend thousands like @Negan (US1) @billdo09 (US1) @Morentz (US1) and many more??? these players spend money so that they are STRONGER than us that don't spend tons.
    3. the personal rv idea is DUMB are you guys trying to destroy PvP entirely??? this will also make wars pointless and impossible to win
    4. we all want the Alliance Tourney, yes, boosting does happen a lot, but is that a bad thing? if an alliance loses 20k defenders boosting they will buy more. which means more money.
    5. We want the Royal Capital too, it is an event that is good for Kingdom Resources, and the winning alliance does receive a nice award.
    6. Multi accounting is a bad thing, but is there a problem with alliances sharing PW's so that someone can set defenses? if sharing passwords is a problem, how about making it so that War Marshals, Deputy's and Leaders are able to set the players defenses?
    7. Stop with the new updates, and fix all the bugs first
    8. The reason we play this game and spend money on it is because it is very entertaining. if you want to lose all your long time players that spend money, and a lot of it(like my self) make the dumb changes that will defeat the purpose of this being a WAR game.
    9.Bring back the Great Tournament, it encourages a lot of PvP
    10. Think about what type of player is more important to you, the non ruby players that MIGHT buy rubies at some point, or the actual ruby buyers?

and to all the penny pinching sissies that whine about spending money on the game, go play farmville, or stop complaining

Peace Out 

Red

P.S. thanks for bringing the real beri back, thats a step in the right direction :)
  • The joke continues. Our player has now changed his password to a far more complex combination three times and yet the hacker is still able to access the account at will

NR
    NoblemanRoss @ au 1
  • just be nice if you would fix the bugs in the game 1st before you add other thing which im sure will have buggs also i hope you prove me wrong but i doubt it
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    edited 15.03.2017
    The fight against Bots
    It all sounds great cannot wait to see it happen.
    Hi @WarlordStrider (GB1) I'm glad you're looking forward to it all ;)
    This update is almost entirely garbage. Part of the fun of this game is working for things and you guys just keep trying to take that out of the equation. Reworking gems? Awful. Private RVs? Stupid. More production buildings? Hurr durr. Stop trying to make the game effortless. It's going to get boring.
    Hi @hionmentho (US1)

I'll try and cover the 3 main topics you've highlighted as problems:

Reworking Gems - This really does need a solution, players are currently able to create massively overpowered comms/castellans by spending lots of rubies, and so it's something which unexpectedly increased he ruby divide. We're still discussing potential solutions for this problem on the closed beta, testing various different options, and everyone is giving feedback on the current proposed solution. We as players agree that we want to keep customisation of sets open as much as possible, so lots of different solutions have been suggested, feel free to message me any solutions you may have, and I'll throw them into the discussions.

Private RVs - Firstly, this isn't a concrete feature (it isn't guaranteed to arrive in the game). This is really so as not to dishearten people from joining the outer kingdoms due to a lack of RVs, which there will be due to the fact there generally isn't a rapidly increasing number of players in the outer kingdoms. The way RVs are distributed has to be considered, as the original game mechanics did not account for the player created 'fair-play' rules which stop players from taking RVs from others, originally the idea was that players were constantly fighting over these RVs, hence why it is being revised, to make it fair on newer players in smaller alliances.

More Kingdom res production buildings - This is also another feature to help newer players progress once they hit level 70, by increasing the number of kingdom res buildings which have a workload of 100% they become a more valuable building to use space for, which is especially important as space in a castle has never been more highly sought after than currently (similair to the £/m^2 of land in London and Silicon valley....)

For those of us who bought Kingdom Resource boosters, we should be compensated. I spent a lot of rubies upgrading mine and would not be happy if others would be able to get it for just resources. 
    Hi @trey564 (US1)

I've passed this on, and personally I totally agree ;) It is still currently a concept, and may not arrive in the game in this form we need to remember however.
    So far so good ...... Do I wish you'd have implemented it on the test server (What it's designed for) instead of giving a select few on the closed beta the option to .... anyway all in all like the way the company's sorta going now stick to a few road map ideas but not the gems that's like players pride at this point lol .... & one last thing login issues tried logging into the test server kept getting this .. So their is an issue not from our side but you'res fix it people are already losing interest in it don't need to add more nails to the coffin.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Hi @L7Jevs (GB1)

I assume you found your solution with the test server? It has been taken offline for a while, as there isn't anything to test at the moment. Also, the test server has been designed to find bugs in features which will be arriving in the game, whereas the closed beta is designed to get condensed feedback about very specific features, the players involved in the closed beta have been selected carefully, and more players will be joining in the future, the selection was based on everything from playing style to quality of feedback given about updates (not just people who are constantly overjoyed about the update btw, I mean the concise, clear sort of quality feedback)

New content, good always pleased to see it.

Bots well anything is a start, as you know they are still dominating certain events those users are very obvious, i would like to think those would be easy to pick up.  Dissapointing you cant shut em down but i understand, why you cant.  and minimising their usefullness is not a bad way to start, however i still think there are lots of options to make like difficult for them that you havent explored.  Such as randomising camps, both in wall setup, and location on the map.  every time you hit them. potentially the same with towers.  this would surely make it harder for the macros and bots to find / hit effectivly the next target.

Multis dissapointing no comment yet, its not exactly like its a new problem so you not had much time to prepare!!!!   However it is encouraging you finally admitted its an issue and are looking at doing something thats a firest and a positive.

New achievments. AAh good does that mean I may Finally get the rubies you PROMISED when you stopped the alchamist?  or were you hoping everyone would just forget you promised to return  all the rubies used in that event???

Kingdom resources? really?  so now it will only take 10 years to produce enough kingdom resourse to build your ore mines, and then build your HOL, instead of 50 years.  brilliant.  Thats a game changer!!!  you know very well 90% of people farm shells for kingdom res!!!!  how about just making towers / events give more kingdom res if you want to help people speed up production of items like the HOL.

Rv's you really are determined to kill Pvp on this server arnt you, and make actually beating anyone in a war / fight!!!  How can you "win" in a long drawn out fight, rv's are one of the key areas of a big fight.  one of the few threats you have one of the few things that are more difficult to replace and something that people covert.  meaning people have much less to lose in a fight, will not be good for Pvp.  / Wars.  not to mention for those that dont play the game for any other reason but to spoil the enjoyment of others.  as you are giving them thing that cant be taken away from them that makes it easier.  how can you protect agains a bunch of shells tool cleaning and hitting if they have a laod of rv's you cant touch and you cant reduce their food production to minimise the impact they have?

War of relms difficulty, hard to comment, untill i have seen how it works, however all i would say is be carefull, if events are just going to get harder the more powerfull you get, you have to ask the question whats the point in getting more powerfull? and really that all the game is about so be carefull you dont take away the whole point of the game.

Hi @Philt123 (GB1)

As you can see I've cut the first part of your post out, as I've replied elsewhere about this, and passed it on. I'll try and discuss each of your points below:

Bots- I really like the suggestion of the moving camps, if it was possible for GGE to do so, although do you think it would be ok to keep something like the ability to send multiple commanders at one camp, the commanders following the camp once it moves, i.e. at the moment I personally use the train method on events like the nomads/samurais, sometimes sending up to 10 comms at the target and skipping after each hit lands, it makes the whole process a lot more efficient, but I guess if it's the only way to stop bots from being useful then it may be a sacrifice we have to take, along with the changing setups of the nomads and samurais.

Multis - as we've said so many times before, it's a really difficult subject to tackle for everyone involved, for example, the support team have to decide how to take action, do they ban both accounts permanently? Ban just one, assuming which one is the main account, or do they get in contact with the player who broke the rules to find out which account to ban? I agree it is great to see some steps being taken on this subject, even if they are just ideas at the moment.

Kingdom res - I've passed on your feedback on this subject, and I'm sure that the way this is tackled will be up for discussion in the closed beta discussions, so none of what has been mentioned is guaranteed to be the path taken to tackle this.

RVs - I'm trying to clarify how this will work at the moment, as it could be implemented in a way which won't stop PvP in the way you've described, I think it is another thing which will be influenced very easily in the closed beta discussions when it is launched there.

WotR - I think this is something which again will be defined closer to the time of implementation, it could be that it is just the annoying really small castles are removed from the event, or that half the castles are guaranteed to be big castles, with the other half being smaller castles which anyone could hit, as I say, it will be defined closer to the time, and hopefully this is something we'll be able to discuss heavily on the forums beforehand.

No.

By removing what gems - and eventually hero's, clearly - can add to the max stats of a build, you're turning every com and cast into cookie cutouts. Basically we'll be able to take the gems you've produced and make the same com and cast over and over again because they'll all hit the max limitations for each ability.

So why should high level players continue to grind? Now we won't be able to experiment and find interesting combos. Now the gems we find will be so much trash, like most of the equipment we grind for. Take this monthly event's cast - trash for those of us in the top 10 alliances. We all have 3 kalas, a bunch of ice casts, and whatever ruby casts people bought. So we're deleting all these.

By limiting your gems to reaching the maximum values that eq can already go, you will be reducing creativity and incentive for us max level players.
    Hi @Hidingfromyou (US1)

I don't think heroes will have any limits put on them any time soon, there won't be limits put on heroes because they don't pose the same problem as gems, as you can only put one hero on, whereas you can put multiple copies of the same gem on one set.

See my other post about the customisation of sets.

Who in the heck is in this closed server suggesting some of these types of changes???  Sounds like players that want to log on, chat, send a hit or two and not put in any real time, work, effort that many of those on top have put in to get and stay there. REALLY tired of hearing  "Hey no fair, I play the game/event, never buy a ruby, send a handful of attacks, but I should get everything that the ruby buyer and/or winner got!"  

Gem cap rework...lulz,  no, just friggen no!

RVs for everyone...hahahaha! 

Special Resources...why not just increase them in what loot gives, too easy I guess.

Black Market Inventory...you gotta be kidding right?  Call it what it is, tool trading, nothing sinister here.

Not to mention the death knell of the pvp, what made Empire so attractive to so many.  Hence, the game will continue to die as gge puts the nails in the coffin of what once was a pretty decent game. RIP

Hi @Nikki5853 (US1)

Firstly, the closed beta isn't a seperate place to suggest new features and test them, it is a place to test features which have been suggested on the forum, or suggested within the team at GGS.

See my post above as to why the gem rework has to happen and other details, same with RVs.

Increasing the kingdom resources gained from hitting towers, events, etc. has been passed on as a suggestion to the team.

We're not looking a tool for tool trading here, it is instead looking to stop a practice which is against the T&Cs.
    Everything is good for me except one.

You have no intention of running the RC event for the time being, so the current alliance holding it will be a holder for a long time? How does it encourage fair play?

Please share your team's thoughts on this @CM Popeye @BM ang1243
    Hi @reetz (IN1)

Thanks for your feedback, I have of course passed it on, and I'd also ask if you have any suggestions for solving it, as it would also be unfair to take away a reward an alliance has worked hard to earn.

This update is complete garbage.

Really disappointing with GGE screwing up or discontinuing the two best events: alliance tournament and royal capital.

Hi @Hanzolo (US1)

Neither of the events have been discontinued, they just either need to be reworked or bugs fixed with them.

Changing the gems? who came up with this idea..? Ik guess someone with no knowledge of the game. If you suggest that the use of gems is unfair you just don't know the game. The gems are for everyone to take and so everyone has the option to use the gems in the same way, in other words everyone can make the same combination with the comander and gems. So there is no problem at all!

Why rework the resources? There are so many players who could reach the top with how it is now. All you do by changing the resources is kicking those high level players in the balls for their hard work and effort in collecting all those resources.

We do not ask for these ridiculous changes, just keep them the same and fix all the bugs. New events are always welcome but do not touch the basics in the game!

A bigg mistake is implementing an event like the royale capitale that is not working fine. And now you just take it out of the game? do you even considered all the resources and rubies we putted in our capitale? And what with our points earned during the event?

There was nothing wrong with the alliance tournement. Some players just did not understand that the organised glory hits were the only way to make glory. Because the game contains both the fire cast as the option to open your gate, the chance of hitting a castle and gain glory was very small. Before the glory hits it was just all open gates that you could get.. unless you attacked the little alliances and players, because they had no chance. If you could even take the glory hits out, it would not make that event better.

Ferformance fixes: Great!
    Easter: Great!
    Wishes: Great!
    Achievements: Great!

greetings

Hi @pjpj001 (NL1)

Regarding the gems, it is only very specific gems which need to be changed, as they can be used to make overpowered castellans and commanders. Such as these:

http://prntscr.com/ehah4r
    http://prntscr.com/efiig2

The Royal capital will be coming back, it just needs to be fixed first, so your resources won't have been wasted on the capital upgrades D

The glory boosting is not supposed to be the way the alliance tournament is won, it is seen on many servers as 'cheating' and really anyone can do glory boosting, but not everyone can do proper PvP hits to gain glory, so it is a test of skill as opposed to who can sacrifice the most defensive troops.

Angus

You just talk what you do not know, and you do not know what you talk about...
    It is because of "clever" ideas like that one of yours, that the item "Base food production", was taken out from the game for good, and general base food production in all castles was reduced/decreased couple of days later...

Here the who to blame was that guy @philt123 with his belly full of rubies that came here to cry like a baby that item  "base food production" was available for everyone and he spend millions on rubies acquiring it..  cough, cough...
    But indeed.. all of this was a false pretest, cause i just spend months to obtain "bricks" and "fine sand" to do something really useful...  and i am very active player... other useless things are already in thousands number...
    So this thing about closed Beta is to screw regular player non ruby... And i am talking about a really non ruby like me... Not like those who claim that are non ruby and in the hidden buy packs of ruby deals..

Instead of creating new content and other, they just was to change what it is already done.. F##k what is done.. it is past it is history.. just put your brains working on something new, creative and worthy...   And if so worried about the gap ruby/non ruby "GGS" just create new achievable things that can be reached by everyone... and do not waste time changing what is already done... Probably under this "gap issue" theme they just want to slightly change something they created in game, but they are not really thinking on it, and it is kinda of a tricK.. Things like this about "NPCs would become too easy to defeat" lets a lot to desire.

Finally to be honest as non ruby this thing about ruby/non ruby never worried me.. cause i know as non ruby how further i can go, and i can be worried if i can go even further by just doing this or doing that... but never worried if others can go further with rubies... it is their life.. But real problem here is sometimes ruby players always get worried if a non ruby is achieving things and is getting close to him... "getting for free but with hard work what they paid for..."

Closed Beta never gonna work cause wrong choice of people in there that only represent interest of there precious rubies..
    Enough SaiD!...
    Hi @TwistedMind (GB1)

I'm not quite sure what you mean about this only helping ruby buyers? Firstly, there is a definite mix of ruby and non-ruby buyers on the closed beta, so that shouldn't be a problem there. Secondly, the overpowered gems which is the subject of the closed beta at the moment are gems which can only be bought with rubies, hence there is talk of refunds being offered if they are reduced in power, etc.

The rv thing is quite stupid from what i see.
    Some noob or multi can go steal one of your rvs, then you wont be able to re capture it since they can make it unconquerable....

Regarding the gem thing.

Many people have invested hundreds or thousands of pounds in this game for special super cast/super comm gems.
    Now some people are complaining because they have an advantage, well of course they do and it cost them lots of money.
    You want to narrow the gap between non ruby players and ruby whales? Bad idea. Makes a non ruby player as strong as someone who spends hundreds to thousands of pounds... Thats just stupid.

Hi @Streidominating (INT1)

I believe that the private RV feature wouldn't be a case of capturing RVs and then making them private, they would be RVs which only you can see and capture I would think....

The thing with the gems is that they are being used in sets other than the original commander/castellan, and the same gem is being used multiple times in one set to create an unprecedented OP set overall.

It is very important the fearure with the automated attacks in npcs apart from the others i am looking forward to be done maybe the next month?But the change of art of war what is about?About the tournament or reworking the battle system and what will contain?(sorry for my bad english)
    Hi @FabulousStelios (GR1)

These changes will be happening over the next 6 months or so, they'll gradually be added into the game, some are planned for the near future and are more clearly defined, whereas others are still in need of shaping in terms of their details.

You should leave gems/cast/com as they are!
    Do not mess them up... you will ruin this game.
    That is my most concern.
    Hi @Hessju (SKN1)

I'd like to reassure you that the bulk of comms/castys shouldn't change, it is just a few Overpowered gems which need to be reworked.
    It would be nice if unused tools came back from lost PvP attacks. It sucks to lose hundreds of tools that never even get used in the attack. At least, let the winner keep them. lol. I would rather my tools end up in the possession of the person who just beat my attack than poofing. That's a lot of rubies in tools. 

Actually, that's a great idea... Some extra 'spoils of war', so to speak, would make up for the crummy glory you get from a great defence.

@The Devs Make it so. ^^^

@Perryl (AU1) and @himnextdoor (GB1)

I've passed on this idea, I believe it may have been passed on before, but if you don't ask, I guess you don't get! I like the idea, and I think it makes a lot of sense if you're thinking about the game as if conducting a real battle.
    The game is screwing up again. Horns are not showing unless you refresh. Can this be fixed?
    In the dutch server we have the same problem,
    We also would be very happy if this was solfed a.s.a.p.
    To kick that up a notch, I was having some serious lag, so I refreshed the game to come back to 2 hits and 10k troops dead - no horn. To the say the least I was pissed off. If this type of problem persists or support takes 5 weeks to reply and then doesn't recompensate me they will have gotten to a whole new level of douchebaggery.  

Hi @bruijsend blond (NL1) @WarlordStrider (GB1)  and @Lord Septiums (US1)

Firstly, the bug should only be affecting the alliance horn, and only with incoming attacks from bloodcrows, secondly, you can check out the details of the hotfix due tomorrow here.

From my perspective this looks to me to be a great update with a lot of very positive development work in it.  Yes there are areas which need further explanation but generally feels timely and on point with clear link to lessons learnt from the test servers which was what I and others were looking to see.  

1.  Data speed is faster, system has seemed more reliable, (I know the horns are an issue but seems to be a known issue and refreshing periodic does reveal the attacks which has made it ironically and more fun).  Bugs are getting fixed and system loading at peak times seems better with little or no lag in my recent experience.  So good stuff and I like the Bugwatch posts they are helpful and are well presented.  

2.  Easter Content.  Graphics are always consistently good quality with good artwork and design and nice detailing, there has increasingly been a balance between contemporary celebrations and narrative game logic.  Religious celebrations if reflective of the international and multi-cultural nature of the player base seems to have improved in the sensitivity of how it's handled.  It is fun but there is often a historical context behind a celebration which can have a different significance for different communities.  In general artwork showed looks like an interesting addition.

3.  Gems.  Needs a more detailed follow up description with maybe screenshots of the gems and equipment causing the concerns.  Speed for example has a characteristic value limit of 80 are you proposing to limit gems plus equipment plus hero to this maximum or a new universal max of say 100.  I wouldn't have a problem with universal max we can work round that provided it's sensible and doesn't make existing equipment redundant which seems to be the concern for many players.  I think we might have misunderstood what you are proposing but more explanation would help us understand and give you more helpful responses.  I think given how controversial this seems to be that this would be an issue that should go back to the test servers for more testing which is what you propose.  In that sense seems test servers including the closed one that I was concerned about given the input of players we can now see seems to be doing it's job.  

4. New Challenges - I've only just crawled back up to a respectable position after last lot of changes to achievements dropped me from twenty to past two hundred lol.  I like the achievements and working towards them so new ones are welcome.  I think achievements for Samurai, Foreign Invasion and Blood Crows would make sense.  The resource click one is a backbreaker so please no more of that lol.  I'd like to see something for resource production for iron, oil,charcoal and glass and some for crafting.  Maybe something for support sent - I know that might be tricky.  Successful espionage possibly.  Plus something for fairplay, i.e one year without a suspension or some such.  Whilst people will use the constant refrain "it's a war game" it's actually an "Empire Building" game which allows a choice in how we build our empires.  The attack first ask questions never lobby is obviously pretty powerful and understandably so but rewarding some of the skill elements and balanced play alongside all out attack helps with game balance.  If it's 5 million tower hits to the next award doesn't work for everyone.  

5.  Wishing Well - Sounds good I use it now so more options I may upgrade it further.  

6.  Kingdom Resource Rework - I asked for this and you sound like you have listened and will deliver so personally I'm delighted.  I think it's overdue and will be better than people seem to think.  it helps the looters and also helps the builders so not sure I understand the criticism.  The idea that utilising resource production means you aren't active rather than being smart designing a style of play that may compensate for less time isn't one I adhere to.  You can do both.  If your resource production is good you simply don't have to loot as much it costs less time and resources and in my experience you can still be competitive.  look at the loot scores in En1 this week and tell me those top scores don't represent a problem that needs fixing.  I'm not saying that hard work should be penalised but I think a gap that big every week isn't good for game growth.  

7.  Resource Villages - Some players who worked hard to gain theirs are upset by this.  I am on my third set having lost them and re won new ones twice over.  It was easier then than it is now and personally I think it makes sense when more RV's are exchanged than capture.  More detail would be interesting to see here and I think this needs testing but I am personally in favour of not disadvantaging new players compared to older players how benefited from easier arrangements.I don't see why players couldn't start with RV's or earn them through quests or achievements as their power and empire in new realms with some retained at a higher level won through conquest or competed over.  They wouldn't work on the main maps which are now too big.  You drop in the middle you have no chance  against fast players and organised allances on the outers which was never what was intended.  

8.  Black Market - I have to admit I didn't really understand what this referred to.  It's a bit of shock to read that players in top alliances clearly do know what this involves and are again implicated in this type of illicit behavior.  Don't provide more detail as that just encourages more players to follow their bad example.  Just remove them from the game if they are cheating GGE as well as the rest of us their money really isn't worth it.  

9.  Bots - Good to see steps being put in place to try and address this.  It's clearly not easy and these things are a problem.  If players didn't use them they wouldn't be.  I think you have to look more closely at player activity versus score.  Active players would engage on chat or undertake other tasks bots presumably just do one or two things surely that could be tracked over time.  Random testing.  Worth investing in if it saves you money.  

10.  Global rankings and leagues sound exciting like to see how that would work but good idea and time for a review to freshen the events up.  

11.  Like to see a mocked up example of forum of what the screen might look like but less clicks is always good and easier navigation to get what you want like going to a one stop supermarket is progress I guess.  

12.  New Event would be well received something a bit different which continues the storytelling or maybe a new realm might be nice, perhaps we could travel to the Bloodcrow Realm or maybe a rebellion against the Emperor might be fun.  

13.  I know people like PVP but given the relative strength of players it simply didn't at present represent a fair challenge the power differential on En1 is at present is too great top alliances are struggling to find opponents who can last more than a day.  The gap is closing and provided the level don't go beyond 800 or don't move by more than say 50-100 in next year or so enough players will have closed the gap to make it viable again.  If players hadn't been fixing the tournament the necessity for it to have been withdrawn wouldn't have arisen.  Players are responsible for the withdrawal not GGE.  Royal tournament didn't seem to do what was intended so makes sense again to put it on hold as player base develops further down the line will work better I'd have thought.  It was exceptional during first three /four rounds after that it became dominated by a few alliances.  

14.  Multi-accounting - if its dealt with seriously worth waiting for.  Hopefully players involved get the messages and start dusting off their t and c's nice to think they might finally get what they deserve.  It is difficult but many players would be onboard to try and help make that work.  

Good stuff though though don't doubt a lot of people won't agree.  

Hi @Batten (GB1) 

I'm going to do my best to clear up some of the queries you have highlighted, and if I miss any, feel free to point them out to me, and thank you for the detailed response

3) I agree with you that the gem rework needs to go back to the test servers, and we'll continue to test different approaches until we find one we think suits. You can find a couple of examples of the overpowered castellans available in this post further up. Personally I agree with you, that there should be either a universal new max, which is similair to what was originally tested (with the 150% melee/ranged max - although this was far too high), or indeed a seperate maximum for gems alone, e.g. a maximum of 15% melee/ranged given from gems, or as you say, 20% speed from gems, etc.

4) You can find a link to the survey about some of the achievements which will be added to the game here in case you haven't already seen it.

6)I do agree with you that being able to produce more does free up time to do other things, I also see the point of the other side, in that if you've opted to remove kingdom resource buildings in favour of food production, this change doesn't help you, I think the important thing to remember is it does help others who have opted for a different style of play, so thank you for highlighting that.

11) What are you referring to in this one? I can see if I can sort something out if it is something arriving in the near future.

I hope the above post covers quite a lot of questions,

Angus

Post edited by ang1243 (GB1) on
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

The joke continues. Our player has now changed his password to a far more complex combination three times and yet the hacker is still able to access the account at will

NR
    Your friend should reformat his PC. The only explanation for this is malware. Seriously. 
    perryl @ USA1 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 575
    Performance Fixes
    I'll like to complain about using outside sites to make decisions. The recent announcement re voting on facebook is a no go. I have been playing this game for a long time and would like to express my view/s BUT have been refusing to join facebook for sometime now so will be denied my rights.  

This has become a modern trend to link to facebook etc for comments and it has denied me comments on other sites and Im disturbed gge is going down this path..
    Shares @ au 1
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    The fight against Bots
    I'll like to complain about using outside sites to make decisions. The recent announcement re voting on facebook is a no go. I have been playing this game for a long time and would like to express my view/s BUT have been refusing to join facebook for sometime now so will be denied my rights.  

This has become a modern trend to link to facebook etc for comments and it has denied me comments on other sites and Im disturbed gge is going down this path..
    Hi @Shares (AU1)

You don't actually have to be signed up to facebook to view the post and go to the survey, it is simply done through facebook so as to highlight that the poll is in English for our non English  speaking communities.

Thanks,

Angus
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

Sign In to comment.