Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Roadmap Q2+Q3 2017

Comments

• Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
    Gem Rework & Tooltip

Another observation about these proposed changes and some things GGE has already done is they seem to be trying to make it so some new player can create an account, get to level 70 in a week, and immediately compete with long time players and ruby buyers. This is flat out wrong, you are just alienating the core group of players that continue to play and invest in your game.

With all the bishin that seems to go on about fair play, bullying, etc I had a lil idea (not taken time to think through all the issues so don't shred me) Basically it would be to split each server into 2 sides, beginner and expert. Players start the game and build to say lv 70-50 then automatically transfer to expert side. Plenty of time to prepare, also the process can be really slowed down if they don't seek out too much xp after lv70. There can also be the option after lv 50 for those brave souls that want to get right over to the expert side and get rolling. This also gets rid of the low level multi problem hampering high level players by people being pests.

I am sure there is some issue with this I'm not considering, but it does sound like an interesting idea. 

It still doesn't do anything to affect the gap between the paying player and the non-paying player, though. 
    Obvious pay to win games eventually die.  I'm surprised this one has lasted so long, honestly.

What's the point in seeking escapism in entertainment that recreates the socioeconomic disparities of our actual lives?  What's the point in "winning" an event when doing so is a direct function of payment - or bribery?

GGE could learn a thing or two from Path of Exile.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • test19PCPP (US1)test19PCPP (US1) US1 Posts: 126
    Yes for RVs and also lower needs for kingdom resources (even though I normally only use them during nomads with the skips they give lol).
  • The fight against Bots

Who in the heck is in this closed server suggesting some of these types of changes???  

The players in the closed beta have have nothing to do with these changes. So far we have only been tasked with giving feedback on the gem rework. Most if not all said that they would prefer to keep hybrid comms/casts. It is goodgame that are forcing these changes, not the players in the closed beta.

Regarding the poll, I voted for kingdom res. But I don't like the current suggestion from goodgame, though I like that they are finally acknowledging that we need to earn more kingdom res. It would be 10000 times better to just hugely increase the res you get from towers. That means you are rewarded for being active. Just do it goodgame, quit being stubborn about it!
    I absolutely agree with your suggestion of just increasing the amount of kingdom resources you get from towers!
    Cody X @ usa 1
  • Performance Fixes
    I don't even know why half of this is up for discussion.. I think performance and future projects w/i gge are severely flawed. U guys are like loose cannons looking to screw up everything u built so far.. How bout u figure out how to fix Achievement points so peeps can actually ach the final Food symbol or integrate the hall to max lvl and how we could and how much resources would that run for each lvl.. I can tell you for a fact all these Shortbus ideas u guys are actually entertaining or working on will not help me ever open my wallet to play this game. So whats ur next idea sell ads? not like we have enuf pop-ups interupting our game already.. Next we wont be able to change our Hall for 6 months for equalization purposes, but only if ur a lvl800.. I know that sounds not very smart, but then again u guys want limits on alot of what u sold, and I like to see ur refund projections on all that won't work cuz someone that don't know how to play, or can't afford something needs more help.. The real truth changing gems isn't going to change anything cuz peeps in the top alliance have enuf peeps on deck to kill it anyway so I don't see any point why someone of any depth of the game would entertain what I call a shortbus mantality.. Yeah there might be a few more casualties. but the end result not changing.. unless u stop selling and giving away feathers.. :^)
    I hope u guys @ gge get to work on real stuff instead of gagglin' on some of the most senseless things I ever heard in my life.. u know what life isn't fair and neither is the game get over it.. To all the grinders out there I know ur all concerned and u should be..
  • Atticus Finger (US1)Atticus Finger (US1) US1 Posts: 90
    edited 13.03.2017
    Oh yeah and...If you make an official F%^&$ GGE bot to hit NPC's I'll quit this game.  My finger tips are numb from these stupid events. 

Sal's Wife is Hot

AF
    Wouldn't a bot that auto-hit towers for you save your fingers?

With the changes they're proposing, they might as well automate everything about the game. Then we could just log into read all the interesting stuff our accounts did, say hi to our alliance members, try to overirde an auto-npc hit to send an attack or two to a player (or they could auto these in some sort of rotation - would decrease the crymail 'oh, sorry, that was just the sequence'). 

With the gem changes, they could just make some sort of builder that maximizes all our coms, calculating good combos based on the gems and eq we have in our inventory. Then we wouldn't have to read the equipment or gem descriptions, or understand any of the values involved. What's wall reduction? What's melee attack power? I don't know, I just press "build com" and get one. Then the computer sends it out to hit towers. Neat. I guess I'll go do laundry or read a book.
    Scratch all the updates...A sarcasm font is what should be the focus.  We wouldn't want any of Hidingfromyou's epic rants to be misconstrued....

PS.  Send all tower report to Hiding.  He loves studying them.

Atticus Finger @ usa 1
    Gem Rework & Tooltip
    Oh yeah and...If you make an official F%^&$ GGE bot to hit NPC's I'll quit this game.  My finger tips are numb from these stupid events. 

Sal's Wife is Hot

AF

With the changes they're proposing, they might as well automate everything about the game. Then we could just log into read all the interesting stuff our accounts did, say hi to our alliance members, try to overirde an auto-npc hit to send an attack or two to a player (or they could auto these in some sort of rotation - would decrease the crymail 'oh, sorry, that was just the sequence'). 

With the gem changes, they could just make some sort of builder that maximizes all our coms, calculating good combos based on the gems and eq we have in our inventory. Then we wouldn't have to read the equipment or gem descriptions, or understand any of the values involved. What's wall reduction? What's melee attack power? I don't know, I just press "build com" and get one. Then the computer sends it out to hit towers. Neat. I guess I'll go do laundry or read a book.
    Scratch the all the updates...A sarcasm font is what should be the focus.  We wouldn't want any of Hidingfromyou's epic rants to be misconstrued....

It's true, it's true. I spend hours pouring over them but my efforts are meager compared to the love @Ailbts has for NPC BRs. He has a room dedicated to them, printouts all over the wall, thread linking the interesting ones. Just amazing.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • Oh yeah and...If you make an official F%^&$ GGE bot to hit NPC's I'll quit this game.  My finger tips are numb from these stupid events. 

Sal's Wife is Hot

AF

Scratch all the updates...A sarcasm font is what should be the focus.  We wouldn't want any of Hidingfromyou's epic rants to be misconstrued....

It's true, it's true. I spend hours pouring over them but my efforts are meager compared to the love @Ailbts has for NPC BRs. He has a room dedicated to them, printouts all over the wall, thread linking the interesting ones. Just amazing.
    See...that Sarcasm font would come in handy right about now.  Although, the part about Ailbts is very true.  He is the John Nash of GGE.  
    Atticus Finger @ usa 1
  • The fight against Bots
    Regarding the gem rework, there are indeed combinations of comms and casts with the gems from the eagle demon and the elementalist that are too powerful.

What I suggested in the closed beta was to just tone down the particular gems that are the issue. Like the eagle's eye from the eagle demon cast. It has 17% extra strength to melee and 20% more troops on the wall. Imagine 4 of those on an ice cast. But I suggested to e.g. make it 5% extra strength to melee and 15% more troops on the wall, and then just increase stats on other equipment or increase the set-bonus to compensate. You could do the same with the aura gems from the elementalist, just tone it down. Problem solved, now hybrid comms/casts are no longer too powerful.

Another thing I suggested was to make speciel gems available to buy for everyone from e.g. the nomads/samurai. Just slightly worse than ruby versions. That would bridge the gap between rubywhales and average players. Cause not everyone can afford the speciel gems from the eagle demon or the elementalist. But if you could earn a slightly worse gem from the nomads and buy it with khan tablets, that would make everyone have the ability to make hybrid comms/casts. I think that would make the game more fun and add more variety.

Closed beta participants have not had any of their suggestions tested or implemented. GGS has made up these ideas on their own and asked us to test them. Closed beta has already worked because we tested an idea that would have been significantly worse and based on our feedback they didn't implement it. Your claim that we don't care about non-ruby buyers is plain silly. One of the problems we had with the gem rework is that non-ruby players would not be able to fire-cast anymore. You would require a fire station. Another was that players that buy rubies regularly would benefit significantly because we tend to have a lot of unique equipment, but those that are still on legendary would get screwed. Did you even read the original post? 

The players testing on the closed beta come from a variety of different payment levels and gameplay levels. My interest is in fair and fun gameplay. The change that I was against would have benefitted me significantly more than it would have you, but of course, I am acting in self-interest, right? 

If I was then I would have loved their original idea. I didn't because it's already too easy for me to run over players like you. I don't need it to be easier. I'm genuinely bored. Basically maxed out on multiple servers. What else is there for me to do? 
    Why would it be worse to have higher maximum limits?

I think there's been a lack of information from GGS regarding this. I was one of those who tested GGS' original idea on the closed beta which was significantly worse. Before I start, I'll say that GGS are adamant that there is an unbalance caused by some gems (specifically the ruby bought gems) and although I have to agree, I think it's debatable the way in which they are looking to address it. That said, they are and the current proposed changes are probably the least invasive.

The original proposed changes would have seen most commander and castellan sets increased to 150/150 from 90/90. GGS were going to do this by buffing the combination bonuses of the sets because buffing individual equipment stats takes a while apparently. This meant that those players who have purchased expensive gems to create commanders and casts with significantly higher ranged or melee bonuses than the 90 cap would have still lost out because everyone with a commander or castellan set would be equal to them (despite paying no money).

Additionally, people who held casts or commanders made with legendary equipment or a mixture of different unique equipment would be left dead in the water. A 90/90 cast made with legendary equipment would not see a buff because GGS were only planning to buff the set combination bonuses. We tested a Foreign Invasion commander with the new 150/150 stats against a 90/90 cast. Both commander and castellans had mid-range courtyard gems on. Of 15k troops in the castle, over 10k were wiped out by this modest attack. 

In short, the original proposed changes would have narrowed the gap between the ruby whales and those who have all event sets and everyone else would have been severely weakened. People's 90/90 casts would have been nerfed overnight. Those Foreign Invasion / Berimond Commander combos everyone likes would have been pointless. Most people would have lost out in some way. 

In truth, this gem update isn't going to negatively affect the majority of people who have commented on this thread. It only really affects those who have spend significant amount of rubys on gems, such as the eagle's eye. Given that the original idea would have made these purchases pointless as well, it was suggested that if GGS did reduce the benefit of using them, they would have to look at offering refunds and the removal of gems for free for a set period of time. 

The hero stats and the HoL bonuses will still go over the caps. It will still be possible to have over 100% flank bonus using the HoL, a Foreign Invasion hero and a couple of normal flank gems. It just won't be possible to buy a commander that guarantees a win on the wall every time. Similarly, it won't be possible to buy a castellan that can hold the middle every single time.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
    Regarding the gem rework, there are indeed combinations of comms and casts with the gems from the eagle demon and the elementalist that are too powerful.

What I suggested in the closed beta was to just tone down the particular gems that are the issue. Like the eagle's eye from the eagle demon cast. It has 17% extra strength to melee and 20% more troops on the wall. Imagine 4 of those on an ice cast. But I suggested to e.g. make it 5% extra strength to melee and 15% more troops on the wall, and then just increase stats on other equipment or increase the set-bonus to compensate. You could do the same with the aura gems from the elementalist, just tone it down. Problem solved, now hybrid comms/casts are no longer too powerful.

Another thing I suggested was to make speciel gems available to buy for everyone from e.g. the nomads/samurai. Just slightly worse than ruby versions. That would bridge the gap between rubywhales and average players. Cause not everyone can afford the speciel gems from the eagle demon or the elementalist. But if you could earn a slightly worse gem from the nomads and buy it with khan tablets, that would make everyone have the ability to make hybrid comms/casts. I think that would make the game more fun and add more variety.

Closed beta participants have not had any of their suggestions tested or implemented. GGS has made up these ideas on their own and asked us to test them. Closed beta has already worked because we tested an idea that would have been significantly worse and based on our feedback they didn't implement it. Your claim that we don't care about non-ruby buyers is plain silly. One of the problems we had with the gem rework is that non-ruby players would not be able to fire-cast anymore. You would require a fire station. Another was that players that buy rubies regularly would benefit significantly because we tend to have a lot of unique equipment, but those that are still on legendary would get screwed. Did you even read the original post? 

The players testing on the closed beta come from a variety of different payment levels and gameplay levels. My interest is in fair and fun gameplay. The change that I was against would have benefitted me significantly more than it would have you, but of course, I am acting in self-interest, right? 

If I was then I would have loved their original idea. I didn't because it's already too easy for me to run over players like you. I don't need it to be easier. I'm genuinely bored. Basically maxed out on multiple servers. What else is there for me to do? 
    Why would it be worse to have higher maximum limits?
    It completely changed PvP, in some ways for the better, in some ways worse. Ultimately, players like us would benefit greatly while less-active players would be penalized. As I outlined above, the change only affected unique equipment. Leaving legendary sets far behind. It would have required a change to legendary and I don't think they wanted to do that. They claim because of several hours of downtime, but I think it's more because of the effort it would require. lol. 

Increased wall, gate, moat, and range resulted in a massive increase for the defender on the wall. It would have added an interesting dynamic to defense, but it also would have made an experienced player with a good hall unbreakable. Which may already be true, anyways. 

If you haven't already stopped tooling attacks in WoR and BC, well, you definitely would after this change. haha. 

It made it so fire casts were only available to people who bought a fire station. That would have been unfair. 

It still killed the combo commanders and casts. You couldn't get up over the 150% by adding the right gems, they would just be wasted. You wouldn't care, though, because you would have WoR commanders that were stronger than the hybrids you had made, and kala casts that were stronger than the hybrids you had made. So it was kind of a pointless change at that point. Massively changing most dynamics of the game to still have to spend a ton of time on compensating the players that exploited this bug, and still screwing those players out of millions of rubies in stuff. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
    From my perspective this looks to me to be a great update with a lot of very positive development work in it.  Yes there are areas which need further explanation but generally feels timely and on point with clear link to lessons learnt from the test servers which was what I and others were looking to see.  

1.  Data speed is faster, system has seemed more reliable, (I know the horns are an issue but seems to be a known issue and refreshing periodic does reveal the attacks which has made it ironically and more fun).  Bugs are getting fixed and system loading at peak times seems better with little or no lag in my recent experience.  So good stuff and I like the Bugwatch posts they are helpful and are well presented.  

2.  Easter Content.  Graphics are always consistently good quality with good artwork and design and nice detailing, there has increasingly been a balance between contemporary celebrations and narrative game logic.  Religious celebrations if reflective of the international and multi-cultural nature of the player base seems to have improved in the sensitivity of how it's handled.  It is fun but there is often a historical context behind a celebration which can have a different significance for different communities.  In general artwork showed looks like an interesting addition.

3.  Gems.  Needs a more detailed follow up description with maybe screenshots of the gems and equipment causing the concerns.  Speed for example has a characteristic value limit of 80 are you proposing to limit gems plus equipment plus hero to this maximum or a new universal max of say 100.  I wouldn't have a problem with universal max we can work round that provided it's sensible and doesn't make existing equipment redundant which seems to be the concern for many players.  I think we might have misunderstood what you are proposing but more explanation would help us understand and give you more helpful responses.  I think given how controversial this seems to be that this would be an issue that should go back to the test servers for more testing which is what you propose.  In that sense seems test servers including the closed one that I was concerned about given the input of players we can now see seems to be doing it's job.  

4. New Challenges - I've only just crawled back up to a respectable position after last lot of changes to achievements dropped me from twenty to past two hundred lol.  I like the achievements and working towards them so new ones are welcome.  I think achievements for Samurai, Foreign Invasion and Blood Crows would make sense.  The resource click one is a backbreaker so please no more of that lol.  I'd like to see something for resource production for iron, oil,charcoal and glass and some for crafting.  Maybe something for support sent - I know that might be tricky.  Successful espionage possibly.  Plus something for fairplay, i.e one year without a suspension or some such.  Whilst people will use the constant refrain "it's a war game" it's actually an "Empire Building" game which allows a choice in how we build our empires.  The attack first ask questions never lobby is obviously pretty powerful and understandably so but rewarding some of the skill elements and balanced play alongside all out attack helps with game balance.  If it's 5 million tower hits to the next award doesn't work for everyone.  

5.  Wishing Well - Sounds good I use it now so more options I may upgrade it further.  

6.  Kingdom Resource Rework - I asked for this and you sound like you have listened and will deliver so personally I'm delighted.  I think it's overdue and will be better than people seem to think.  it helps the looters and also helps the builders so not sure I understand the criticism.  The idea that utilising resource production means you aren't active rather than being smart designing a style of play that may compensate for less time isn't one I adhere to.  You can do both.  If your resource production is good you simply don't have to loot as much it costs less time and resources and in my experience you can still be competitive.  look at the loot scores in En1 this week and tell me those top scores don't represent a problem that needs fixing.  I'm not saying that hard work should be penalised but I think a gap that big every week isn't good for game growth.  

7.  Resource Villages - Some players who worked hard to gain theirs are upset by this.  I am on my third set having lost them and re won new ones twice over.  It was easier then than it is now and personally I think it makes sense when more RV's are exchanged than capture.  More detail would be interesting to see here and I think this needs testing but I am personally in favour of not disadvantaging new players compared to older players how benefited from easier arrangements.I don't see why players couldn't start with RV's or earn them through quests or achievements as their power and empire in new realms with some retained at a higher level won through conquest or competed over.  They wouldn't work on the main maps which are now too big.  You drop in the middle you have no chance  against fast players and organised allances on the outers which was never what was intended.  

8.  Black Market - I have to admit I didn't really understand what this referred to.  It's a bit of shock to read that players in top alliances clearly do know what this involves and are again implicated in this type of illicit behavior.  Don't provide more detail as that just encourages more players to follow their bad example.  Just remove them from the game if they are cheating GGE as well as the rest of us their money really isn't worth it.  

9.  Bots - Good to see steps being put in place to try and address this.  It's clearly not easy and these things are a problem.  If players didn't use them they wouldn't be.  I think you have to look more closely at player activity versus score.  Active players would engage on chat or undertake other tasks bots presumably just do one or two things surely that could be tracked over time.  Random testing.  Worth investing in if it saves you money.  

10.  Global rankings and leagues sound exciting like to see how that would work but good idea and time for a review to freshen the events up.  

11.  Like to see a mocked up example of forum of what the screen might look like but less clicks is always good and easier navigation to get what you want like going to a one stop supermarket is progress I guess.  

12.  New Event would be well received something a bit different which continues the storytelling or maybe a new realm might be nice, perhaps we could travel to the Bloodcrow Realm or maybe a rebellion against the Emperor might be fun.  

13.  I know people like PVP but given the relative strength of players it simply didn't at present represent a fair challenge the power differential on En1 is at present is too great top alliances are struggling to find opponents who can last more than a day.  The gap is closing and provided the level don't go beyond 800 or don't move by more than say 50-100 in next year or so enough players will have closed the gap to make it viable again.  If players hadn't been fixing the tournament the necessity for it to have been withdrawn wouldn't have arisen.  Players are responsible for the withdrawal not GGE.  Royal tournament didn't seem to do what was intended so makes sense again to put it on hold as player base develops further down the line will work better I'd have thought.  It was exceptional during first three /four rounds after that it became dominated by a few alliances.  

14.  Multi-accounting - if its dealt with seriously worth waiting for.  Hopefully players involved get the messages and start dusting off their t and c's nice to think they might finally get what they deserve.  It is difficult but many players would be onboard to try and help make that work.  

Good stuff though though don't doubt a lot of people won't agree.  

Good post.

I have to take issue with your no.2 comment - graphics are good? Maybe for 1990.  But it's not really a graphics game.

Re: gems - good comments. A higher universal max would be fine, one that doesn't destroy all the interesting combos players have come up with. It seems to me that essentially removing the usefullness of gems except when used in the sets they came with is simply laziness on the devs part - it's easier for them to balance if they just make non-adjustable coms and casts. However, it's extremely boring to have few, simple and obvious build choices for the players. Build variety helps games, player creativity helps games. Games with a lack of choices are for young children.

Re: resources. Yeah, seems good to me. It gives less active players a chance to grow - and save up resources for me to farm :)

Re: rvs: not really concerned about this. If they give us an additional 5 non-stealable RVs, all their doing is adding a fake powercreep to the game. So...everyone's food will go up by the same amount. Ok, that's fine.
    The proposed change isn't for a higher universal max, that would potentially work if they didn't modify sets to be significantly stronger than hybrids. 

I agree, 100%, laziness is the correct word. I also agree, again 100%, build variety is a good thing. 
    perryl @ USA1 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • Kingdom resource Rework
    - Performance Fixes : Always welcome.

- Easter Content :
    Sure?

- Gem Rework & Tooltip : Interesting, and while I see where you are going with this, you run the risk of making everything too similar. RIP Fire Casts.

- New Achievements from Community : More than welcome.

- Wishing Well Optimization : Great! Now make lucky pennies much more accessible..please?

- Kingdom Resource Rework : Music to my ears,

- Personal Resource Villages : An interesting concept for sure, although I am curious as to why you just don't incorporate these production bonus' into the base production of the outer worlds?

- Tool Inventory Rework : Could you please do something about the 99 tool cap per slot? Perhaps bump the cap to 999, or make it similar to troop movement, where there is no cap or limit per slot, simply just the type of tool. You'd be surprised how much your hands hurt after moving over 10k tools between say an OP & your main can be.

- Bots : So long as you can do whatever the bots can do, better and more effectively...people will cease to use third party software.

- Speed up PvE! : A welcome addition.

- Auto Recruitment Optimization : Does this include a reintroduction of the +1 feature to the game? You do realize that if you had added 80 per slot & kept +1...everyone would be happy.

- Global War of the Realms & Difficulty System (Server vs Server) : An interesting idea, so long as there's no additional lag.

- Unique ‘’Premium Currency’’ Vendor : More Convenience is always welcome.

- New Event Mechanic : Yes, we have noticed. It makes the game very monotonous in its nature.

- Summer Push (Summer surprise) : Okay, please make the looting of rubies a consistent feature of hitting outer world towers & RBCs, 25 rubies a hit in ice, 30 a hit in sands, 35 a hit in fire peaks...20-40 a hit in great empire depending on the level of the tower. This will REWARD active players. Yes, I am asking that you allow rubies to be looted on every RBC/Tower hit.

- Alliance Tournament : Welcome & Understood. I assume you are working on a point based system, rather than the accumulation of the raw glory totals.

- Royal Capital : Please elaborate? I have never heard of any alliance "obtaining two capitals", this was one that I thought impossible for anyone to exploit, so please explain. On the weakest cities I could find, I took 100 losses a hit for a mixed return of 50-60k resources...often times half of that would be food.

- Multiaccounting : How do you honestly plan to deal with this? There's so many variables present, and even more precautions that can be taken to easily hide any evidence of multi accounting.

-HTML5 update : I have been waiting a long time for this.

I rate 8/10 overall. It seems you all are finally leaning in the right direction after half a decade of chasing the $$$, you are giving a lot of people a lot of hope for these updates.

Lastly,  Don't screw it up.
    multi accounting can be stopped by tracking IP addresses. I and my brother used to play the game together and we all had the same network IP but the computer has its own personal IP as well. if this can be somehow verified and tracked then it should make things fairer in the long rrun

Who in the heck is in this closed server suggesting some of these types of changes???  

The players in the closed beta have have nothing to do with these changes. So far we have only been tasked with giving feedback on the gem rework. Most if not all said that they would prefer to keep hybrid comms/casts. It is goodgame that are forcing these changes, not the players in the closed beta.

Regarding the poll, I voted for kingdom res. But I don't like the current suggestion from goodgame, though I like that they are finally acknowledging that we need to earn more kingdom res. It would be 10000 times better to just hugely increase the res you get from towers. That means you are rewarded for being active. Just do it goodgame, quit being stubborn about it!
    I absolutely agree with your suggestion of just increasing the amount of kingdom resources you get from towers!
    I think this is the best approach as well. 
    perryl @ USA1 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • One of the big issues that seems to have been overlooked is security of accounts.

One of our alliance members was hacked two nights ago. Now I understand GGE will trot out the excuse that this would have been due to our member being less than careful with his password but also understand that our member actually lives alone.

Our member was able to reclaim his account and of course all his saved rubies had been wasted plus a few other problems.

So our member did the right thing and changed all his passwords etc only to find the hacker returned the following night and was again able to hack the account with ease. This time all of our members tools were stolen (via the monument process) and all of his coins used in the process.

Unfortunately, despite this game being played 24/7, no GGE staff were working over the weekend and so no help has been forthcoming.

I have been playing this game for over four years and, despite GGE denials, it is common knowledge that the game is easy to hack as evidenced by the numerous players I have witnessed having their accounts destroyed by malicious criminal elements.

So before any of these wonderful proposed "improvements" get underway it is time GGE spent some time and resources on improving the security of the game.

Having a business that runs 24/7 and not having staff on duty after hours to deal with emergencies can only be described as negligent and amateuristic at best.

There is a need GGE for you to lift your game and provide all of us players (I don't think you understand the meaning of the word customers) better security for the (in many cases) thousands of dollars we invest in your business.

NR

NoblemanRoss @ au 1
    Gem Rework & Tooltip

- Easter Content :
    Sure?

- Gem Rework & Tooltip : Interesting, and while I see where you are going with this, you run the risk of making everything too similar. RIP Fire Casts.

- Wishing Well Optimization : Great! Now make lucky pennies much more accessible..please?

- Personal Resource Villages : An interesting concept for sure, although I am curious as to why you just don't incorporate these production bonus' into the base production of the outer worlds?

- Tool Inventory Rework : Could you please do something about the 99 tool cap per slot? Perhaps bump the cap to 999, or make it similar to troop movement, where there is no cap or limit per slot, simply just the type of tool. You'd be surprised how much your hands hurt after moving over 10k tools between say an OP & your main can be.

- Bots : So long as you can do whatever the bots can do, better and more effectively...people will cease to use third party software.

- Auto Recruitment Optimization : Does this include a reintroduction of the +1 feature to the game? You do realize that if you had added 80 per slot & kept +1...everyone would be happy.

- Global War of the Realms & Difficulty System (Server vs Server) : An interesting idea, so long as there's no additional lag.

- New Event Mechanic : Yes, we have noticed. It makes the game very monotonous in its nature.

- Summer Push (Summer surprise) : Okay, please make the looting of rubies a consistent feature of hitting outer world towers & RBCs, 25 rubies a hit in ice, 30 a hit in sands, 35 a hit in fire peaks...20-40 a hit in great empire depending on the level of the tower. This will REWARD active players. Yes, I am asking that you allow rubies to be looted on every RBC/Tower hit.

- Alliance Tournament : Welcome & Understood. I assume you are working on a point based system, rather than the accumulation of the raw glory totals.

- Royal Capital : Please elaborate? I have never heard of any alliance "obtaining two capitals", this was one that I thought impossible for anyone to exploit, so please explain. On the weakest cities I could find, I took 100 losses a hit for a mixed return of 50-60k resources...often times half of that would be food.

- Multiaccounting : How do you honestly plan to deal with this? There's so many variables present, and even more precautions that can be taken to easily hide any evidence of multi accounting.

I rate 8/10 overall. It seems you all are finally leaning in the right direction after half a decade of chasing the $$$, you are giving a lot of people a lot of hope for these updates.

multi accounting can be stopped by tracking IP addresses. I and my brother used to play the game together and we all had the same network IP but the computer has its own personal IP as well. if this can be somehow verified and tracked then it should make things fairer in the long rrun
    Never hear of a VPN?
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
    edited 13.03.2017
    The fight against Bots

- Easter Content :
    Sure?

Never hear of a VPN?

That doesn't mean that measures cannot be used to add barriers. A robust IP checking system to flag up potential multi-accounters is better than nothing. It causes those who are unaware of VPNs to get caught (or flagged up for investigation) and those who are aware, it creates an extra barrier or another step. 

Just because you can get around something, does not mean it's not a valid tool in the first place.

By the way, you can block incoming connections from the well-known VPN services (i.e. the free ones).
    Chris2307 @ en 1
Sign In to comment.