Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Pulling back attacks limit

Currently if you attack close enough, you can pull your attack 1 sec before it hits. That's just ridiculous and makes it very unfair for defender, if there is 20 k support and then attack is just turned and attacker doesn't lose his army but still caused that support couldn't be sent to other place. Everyone is sending attacks and spying 10 sec before hit, if defender is ready they pull attack back but if he isn't they let attack hit. This problem is greatest with samurai/assassin attacks.

I suggest something like after sending attack you have 2 minutes time to pull it back, no matter the distance or travel time. Would end all this trolling which is very annoying and also effective in wars. You can't kick towards goal in football and take your shot back if goalkeeper is about to save it.
soldiersanttu @ skn 1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Currently if you attack close enough, you can pull your attack 1 sec before it hits. That's just ridiculous and makes it very unfair for defender, if there is 20 k support and then attack is just turned and attacker doesn't lose his army but still caused that support couldn't be sent to other place. Everyone is sending attacks and spying 10 sec before hit, if defender is ready they pull attack back but if he isn't they let attack hit. This problem is greatest with samurai/assassin attacks.

I suggest something like after sending attack you have 2 minutes time to pull it back, no matter the distance or travel time. Would end all this trolling which is very annoying and also effective in wars. You can't kick towards goal in football and take your shot back if goalkeeper is about to save it.

A more optimised solution would be to base it on a % distance travelled. For example, 50% of the distance to the target until you can no longer pull back. I plucked 50% from thin air just as an example. 

I disagree with Graycat on this one. It's annoying and if someone wants to hit you close range, they shouldn't be able to pull back just because someone who is capable of self-supporting does just that. I had a similar experience a long time ago. Got my defence in place, self-supporting from a 6-click hit. The guy spied me and pulled back as he realised he was in for a loss. Two hours later whilst I'm driving, he hits again. It's a pain in the arse. 
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • Currently if you attack close enough, you can pull your attack 1 sec before it hits. That's just ridiculous and makes it very unfair for defender, if there is 20 k support and then attack is just turned and attacker doesn't lose his army but still caused that support couldn't be sent to other place. Everyone is sending attacks and spying 10 sec before hit, if defender is ready they pull attack back but if he isn't they let attack hit. This problem is greatest with samurai/assassin attacks.

A more optimised solution would be to base it on a % distance travelled. For example, 50% of the distance to the target until you can no longer pull back. I plucked 50% from thin air just as an example. 

I disagree with Graycat on this one. It's annoying and if someone wants to hit you close range, they shouldn't be able to pull back just because someone who is capable of self-supporting does just that. I had a similar experience a long time ago. Got my defence in place, self-supporting from a 6-click hit. The guy spied me and pulled back as he realised he was in for a loss. Two hours later whilst I'm driving, he hits again. It's a pain in the arse. 
    Yes. Specially this that he can pull and when troops return (few min) attack again. 100 times in a day if he likes. Graycat you really think that is fair?
    soldiersanttu @ skn 1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    I agree it needs stopping having 10 mins to pull back really is way way too long, this limit was set back in the dark ages when travel time, was much much slower, especially for close range hits.  Since the 10 mins was set.  They increased the effect of horses, on close range targets which made a massive difference, there are +80% speed available in HOL, there are gems that increase speed of travel and heros that do the same.

All in all with the increases detailed above travel time to short range hits is probably 3 times faster than it was when the 10 min rule was set.   so why not change it to 3 mins to reflect the speed increases during that time.  Still plenty of time to change your mind if you make a genuine mistake.
    Philt123 @ en 1

why didn't you attack him before? I think its perfectly fine, its strategy on both sides. Maybe you should have timed your support to arrive 5 seconds before the attack landed. that way he wouldn't be able to recall it.

why didn't you attack him before? I think its perfectly fine, its strategy on both sides. Maybe you should have timed your support to arrive 5 seconds before the attack landed. that way he wouldn't be able to recall it.
    Only players who are scared of their tools and attackers are against changing this. Truth. Or then you have never been in real war.
    soldiersanttu @ skn 1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,990
    We've all had people pull this trick on us, and we've all done it before too. It's another one of those "come up with your own strategies to beat other players." Only inactive people who are scared for their tools and troops support changing this.

Only players who are scared of their tools and attackers are against changing this. Truth. Or then you have never been in real war.
    What does being smart have to do with this? The guy was smart enough to respy before the attack landed, saw he wouldn't win, so he pulled his troops back. would you rather he be an idiot and allow his troops to be slaughtered?

I just defended against someone 14.3 away from me (i know a bit further than the original 6) but i just waited to switch defenses until 30 seconds to go. worked perfectly
  • CjCBH (GB1)CjCBH (GB1) GB1 Posts: 168
    Well, this isn't football - this is a strategy game. I think it's totally fair.
    I agree. As Graycat said its a strategy game, this tactic is good for rival alliances etc, I do not see how it is unfair as it is a tactic used by players against alliances. Plus if it was a alliance able to send 20k or so support then it wouldn't be a huge problem for the as they would have many other members who can send support as well. 
    I am KingCj.  I used to play this game and posted a lot of rubbish - ingnore that :-)

Proud member of Glory in Death!
    KingCj - UK1

I have been in quite a few wars in my years of playing and I do not support this. As stated by @Graycat (US1) This is a strategy game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file