Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

1+1 Recruiting

so for all the new players that dont know what 1+1 recruiting is let me explain

all you had to do was recruit 1 troop, then press the alliance help button, this would make you get and extra troop, so you would be getting 1 free troop for every troops you recruit.

but now with the new way of recruiting ( which is pretty good) you cant 1+1 recruit, which is the only bad thing about the new recruiting style.

i think it would be a good idea to bring back 1+1 recruiting, cause i use to love doing this and im sure others in the community feel the same way

Made by me using word
                                                             <======|===O*SHADOW*O=========>

Comments

• It was removed because 1+1 recruiting would mean that the use of bots would still be preferred, even with the new auto-recruit feature designed to combat them.

If you're not happy with that then you need to blame the cheats. 
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • Beyond the cheating aspect, GGS has stated that they never intended to have 1+1 recruiting being the fastest method.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    LOOL classic so it only took am about 4 years to notice that?  thatg i am not buying!  I suppose they never realised it was almost 50% cheaper to recruit that way either!
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,990
    edited 17.02.2017
    1+1 was removed, not only because of cheats, but also to make the game more fair.

The 80+16 system is more effective anyway and saves time. 1+1 will not be reintroduced for many reasons. Another reason that it won't be brought back is because then it would basically double auto-recruit selections and put smaller alliances and non-buyers at a disadvantage.
    Post edited by Graycat (US1) on
  • 1+1 was removed, not only because of cheats, but also to make the game more fair.

The 80+1 system is more effective anyway and saves time. 1+1 will not be reintroduced for many reasons. Another reason that it won't be brought back is because then it would basically double auto-recruit selections and put smaller alliances and non-buyers at a disadvantage.
    But it's not 80+1? It's still 5+1.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • 1+1 was removed, not only because of cheats, but also to make the game more fair.

The 80+1 system is more effective anyway and saves time. 1+1 will not be reintroduced for many reasons. Another reason that it won't be brought back is because then it would basically double auto-recruit selections and put smaller alliances and non-buyers at a disadvantage.
    But it's not 80+1? It's still 5+1.
    he means 5+1 or 80+16.  though it can certainly be higher with construction yards...
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    I don't understand how 1+1 is cheating? Isn't it just strategy?
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

I don't understand how 1+1 is cheating? Isn't it just strategy?

1+1 in of itself isn't cheating but people who used bots were able to exploit this method in order to build large armies for a fraction of the cost. People were setting up bots to recruit 1+1 for them on a 24hr basis.

GGS introduced the auto recruit feature to combat bot use. However, it was pointed out quite quickly that bot users would still prefer to use their bots because 1+1 could still be carried out. So GGS took the decision to remove 1+1 so that it could not be exploited.

Now we have a system where you can set up several hours worth of troops with the +1 help for every 5 that are recruited. There is no real benefit to using a bot with this system.
    Ah I see that is pretty fair then.

• Shadow_21 (AU1)Shadow_21 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,370
    so @Dark Venom (ASIA1) as @Chris2307 (GB1) said..blame the cheaters for making us all have to pay the consequences

Made by me using word
    so @Dark Venom (ASIA1) as @Chris2307 (GB1) said..blame the cheaters for making us all have to pay the consequences
    Not really a consequence. Over the course of a week the auto recruit would help 95% of players. Over a day period you obviously could recruit more troops with 1+1 but not everyone does it everyday because it is just chaos.

• Shadow_21 (AU1)Shadow_21 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,370
    well i for one would stay up all night 1+1 recruiting and i loved it :D@Dark Venom (ASIA1)

Made by me using word
  • so @Dark Venom (ASIA1) as @Chris2307 (GB1) said..blame the cheaters for making us all have to pay the consequences
    Not really a consequence. Over the course of a week the auto recruit would help 95% of players. Over a day period you obviously could recruit more troops with 1+1 but not everyone does it everyday because it is just chaos.

100% agree. I occasionally 1+1 recruited but it was always a pain. In the long run, auto-recruit with 5+1 does me just fine :smile:
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • so @Dark Venom (ASIA1) as @Chris2307 (GB1) said..blame the cheaters for making us all have to pay the consequences

100% agree. I occasionally 1+1 recruited but it was always a pain. In the long run, auto-recruit with 5+1 does me just fine :smile:
    I used to rent extra recruitment slots and would 1+1 for six hours in all castles.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    yeah it was possible however it really was a full time job by the time you finished all castles the first one was pretty much finished  and needed to go all over again.  i would do it but no often,   
    Philt123 @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file