Home Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Ensuring Players' Accounts and Troops Are Well Looked After During A Server Crash/Shut Down

INADU (AU1)INADU (AU1) AU1 Posts: 5
edited 11.02.2017 in Technical Assistance
Hi there,

Firstly, I would like to state that I hardly ever write anything in the forum and I hardly complain about anything. It is only a game and all part of the game. Even then many things get people upset, specially if those are unfair in a way. 
Over the 2 years I have played, I have lost thousands of troops due to server crashes, never complained but last night was the final drop.
Around 12am I was booted and unable to login, then was mass hit in all GE castles during that time. Good on ya on the player for doing so, don't blame you at all but indeed blame the system for allowing unfair acts like those to take place.
Either way I am not here to complain just to suggest possible things that the system could introduce to avoid receiving thousands of tickets they will never even respond to. For those reading this post, feel free to post your suggestions here and to correct me if you think I am wrong.

SERVER CRASHED
-Possible Solutions:

-If the server crashes for the majority then nobody should be allowed to login, this way fair play is ensured and nobody takes advantage of it
-The game should be frozen as it is
- Food should be granted among all player castles to ensure no deserters occur during the time the system is down
- If you think it will be annoying for everyone to be locked out, then maybe consider not allowing PvP hits to be sent out under those occasions.

If anyone got any other points to mention feel free to, I think GGE doesn't give a damn about what most of us think and think that truly the compensation they give is equal to crap.Giving out 1100 horrors and a 75% booster does not compensate for 14k troops lost.
Btw I sent yous a ticket, hopefully you read and consider it cause last I remember I sent a ticket awhile ago and never even got a response.

Thanks for your time
Kind Regards
Godric (Pedro)
Post edited by INADU (AU1) on
Godric @ au 1

Comments

• Johnny40 (AU1)Johnny40 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 45
    You end up getting back on Godric?
    Johnny40 @ au 1
  • INADU (AU1)INADU (AU1) AU1 Posts: 5
    edited 11.02.2017
    Only this morning mate, but too late
    You see I don't even care about this, it is not the first time, it is always the same rubbish over and over.
    Even during their shutdowns to fix the system some people suffer, so least they could do is make a few changes.
    Post edited by INADU (AU1) on
    Godric @ au 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,008
    edited 11.02.2017
    Definitely, like your suggestions, I think the freeze option would be the best. 
    Send you a few sam chest have fun using them and help OL :)

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • INADU (AU1)INADU (AU1) AU1 Posts: 5
    I can't get on atm, thanks for the chests but that wasn't necessary. I was online in the morning then suddenly got booted again and can't get on all day. Unsure if we have met Herveus, but we surely will eventually.

Godric @ au 1
  • LizGamer (AU1)LizGamer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 75
    I can't get on atm, thanks for the chests but that wasn't necessary. I was online in the morning then suddenly got booted again and can't get on all day. Unsure if we have met Herveus, but we surely will eventually.

Hi Godric....I haven't been able to get on for 24 hrs now...Tried everything  sent ticket in lol and agree the response won't be good...Well said above...cheers Liz
    LizGamer @ au 1
  • Craigo9 (AU1)Craigo9 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 13
    Hi there,

Firstly, I would like to state that I hardly ever write anything in the forum and I hardly complain about anything. It is only a game and all part of the game. Even then many things get people upset, specially if those are unfair in a way. 
    Over the 2 years I have played, I have lost thousands of troops due to server crashes, never complained but last night was the final drop.
    Around 12am I was booted and unable to login, then was mass hit in all GE castles during that time. Good on ya on the player for doing so, don't blame you at all but indeed blame the system for allowing unfair acts like those to take place.
    Either way I am not here to complain just to suggest possible things that the system could introduce to avoid receiving thousands of tickets they will never even respond to. For those reading this post, feel free to post your suggestions here and to correct me if you think I am wrong.

SERVER CRASHED
    -Possible Solutions:

-If the server crashes for the majority then nobody should be allowed to login, this way fair play is ensured and nobody takes advantage of it
    -The game should be frozen as it is
    - Food should be granted among all player castles to ensure no deserters occur during the time the system is down
    - If you think it will be annoying for everyone to be locked out, then maybe consider not allowing PvP hits to be sent out under those occasions.

If anyone got any other points to mention feel free to, I think GGE doesn't give a damn about what most of us think and think that truly the compensation they give is equal to crap.Giving out 1100 horrors and a 75% booster does not compensate for 14k troops lost.
    Btw I sent yous a ticket, hopefully you read and consider it cause last I remember I sent a ticket awhile ago and never even got a response.

Thanks for your time
    Kind Regards
    Godric (Pedro)
    Well said Godric. Very valid points indeed. 
Sign In to comment.