We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Battle in the Fields

I wondered if GGS could develop something where your attack armies go out into the fields somewhere and invite an equal level opponent to battle it out on the field or arena, somehow not involving the castles.  Just attack armies perhaps involving strategy of choosing those with defence stats too. Use up troops that players are finding hard to feed for glory or some other advantage.  Or possibly intercept incoming?

Comments

• Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) Posts: 2,232ASIA1
    Would ruin the game sorry
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• BM Neroxnex BM Neroxnex Posts: 780Moderator
    edited 05.02.2017
    Having armies go into fields to fight seems pointless. The object of the game is to rebuild once attacked by a greater opponent. Maybe it's not the complete 'object' of the game but it plays into the 'strategy' part of the game. However being able to intercept incoming attacks either as the player being attacked or an alliance member of the same alliance of the targeted member seems interesting. What do you guys think?  

• I think there are many 'objects' to the game and it depends where your interest in it lies. I cannot think rebuilding after attacks is what makes most people happy in the game.  But it is only a suggestion for an idea a little out of the normal.
  • I wondered if GGS could develop something where your attack armies go out into the fields somewhere and invite an equal level opponent to battle it out on the field or arena, somehow not involving the castles.  Just attack armies perhaps involving strategy of choosing those with defence stats too. Use up troops that players are finding hard to feed for glory or some other advantage.  Or possibly intercept incoming?
    You can always just use up troops that you dont need by attacking events. CM Arcanine said that its not possible for troops to battle each other in the field anyway once because of how the game works or something like that. 
  • I think there are many 'objects' to the game and it depends where your interest in it lies. I cannot think rebuilding after attacks is what makes most people happy in the game.  But it is only a suggestion for an idea a little out of the normal.
    If you don't like rebuilding after attacks my advice is to not lose. Since I started not losing i've never had to rebuild.

Essentially you should consider the events what you are talking about. Or Berrimond, or storm islands. I mean in those you can attack without any thought of long term damage.
  • aditya33 (GB1)aditya33 (GB1) Posts: 3
    edited 06.02.2017
    Having armies go into fields to fight seems pointless. The object of the game is to rebuild once attacked by a greater opponent. Maybe it's not the complete 'object' of the game but it plays into the 'strategy' part of the game. However being able to intercept incoming attacks either as the player being attacked or an alliance member of the same alliance of the targeted member seems interesting. What do you guys think?  

If you don't like rebuilding after attacks my advice is to not lose. Since I started not losing i've never had to rebuild.

Essentially you should consider the events what you are talking about. Or Berrimond, or storm islands. I mean in those you can attack without any thought of long term damage.
    My comment on the 'object' of the game war referring to the above comment from BM Neroxnex, not a personal dislike of rebuilding or fear of damage – just that there are other objects in the game.  Congratulations in never losing Raggle!

You can always just use up troops that you dont need by attacking events. CM Arcanine said that its not possible for troops to battle each other in the field anyway once because of how the game works or something like that. 

Thanks for the information Kuvira, I didn't know that.  Ok I accept the idea is not popular or even possible, let's just keep throwing other ideas out there.  You never know we might come up with something better than the Bloodcrows. Any mileage in 'knocking' a pvp army do you think, much the same way as you can 'knock' a FI or BC and the army returns to sender?  It would make mass attacks interesting anyway :D
    Post edited by aditya33 (GB1) on
  • Congratulations in never losing Raggle!

I should probably just correct what i said. I never lose when I'm online and can win lol.
  • COULD YOU ADD A FEATURE TO GGE WHERE WE CAN ACTUALLY SEE OUR ARMIES BATTLE? WE SEE OUTSIDE OUR GATES WHEN THE BATTLE IS WON OR LOST JUST THINK IT'D BE OOL IF WE CAN ACTUALLY WITNESS THE ATTACK!
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,993
    COULD YOU ADD A FEATURE TO GGE WHERE WE CAN ACTUALLY SEE OUR ARMIES BATTLE? WE SEE OUTSIDE OUR GATES WHEN THE BATTLE IS WON OR LOST JUST THINK IT'D BE COOL IF WE CAN ACTUALLY WITNESS THE ATTACK!
    Not going to happen. Too much blood and gore. Plus it would be too hard to create an animation for the battle.
    I wondered if GGS could develop something where your attack armies go out into the fields somewhere and invite an equal level opponent to battle it out on the field or arena, somehow not involving the castles.  Just attack armies perhaps involving strategy of choosing those with defence stats too. Use up troops that players are finding hard to feed for glory or some other advantage.  Or possibly intercept incoming?
    It's not a bad idea, and some kind of spin-off of this actually would be workable, but like Neronex said, the point of the came is to defend and attack other castles.
  • COULD YOU ADD A FEATURE TO GGE WHERE WE CAN ACTUALLY SEE OUR ARMIES BATTLE? WE SEE OUTSIDE OUR GATES WHEN THE BATTLE IS WON OR LOST JUST THINK IT'D BE COOL IF WE CAN ACTUALLY WITNESS THE ATTACK!
    Not going to happen. Too much blood and gore. Plus it would be too hard to create an animation for the battle.

Woah woah woah, how do you know its blood and gore?  I just assumed that everyone played a giant game of twister, and those who were eliminated walked away never to be heard from again due to the embarassement
  • @Graycat (US1) you so crazy...still thinking the object is to defend and attack other castles.

It's clearly to attack other CAMPS. Castles fell out of style circa a year ago.
    WiseDaniel @ usa 1
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,993
    @Graycat (US1) you so crazy...still thinking the object is to defend and attack other castles.

It's clearly to attack other CAMPS. Castles fell out of style circa a year ago.
    It did? That's news to me. Was a PvP only player for years. Loved smashing OPs of NPC looters who didn't even know how to attack back, lol ;)

A lot of PvP still goes on. It all just depends on what alliance you're in :)
Sign In to comment.