We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

GGE Death Knell: Fire Proof Casts

1911»

Comments

• ThEtHe9 (US1)ThEtHe9 (US1) Posts: 357
    edited 23.07.2015
    Lord Roj wrote: »
    Have you defended 5 or 6 waves of horrors, assassins or cavemen yet? God comms rarely come with coin bought troops.

Anyway latest wheez to com at fire castes is here, using hall of legends to add chance of destroying building.

Yes, many times, I am in the server war. As long as you have armored tools and a respectable cast, you can hold a flank.
    Having attacks with over 100-150% CY bonus and R and M stats above 90/90 makes the mechanics of the game laughable, i have heard before that irl, when storming a heavily fortified place you can expect losses of 3 attackers for every defender or something to that extent. There isn't any real battles with that much stomp, the new bought gear reduces all defenders to what essentially amounts to spear-men without a cast.

Agreed, CYs can be far overpowered. My point is that if someone wants to drop the CY gems to burn you harder, you should be ecstatic because now you are fighting a winnable attack rather than a guaranteed loss if you have under 5k defenders.
    Sorth121 wrote: »
    Not sure if you noticed, but this thread was asking for a look piece that added fire, not for the ability to have fire on god commanders. So if they got what they wanted, you could have a god commander with 70 courtyard gem bonus, with a look piece that gave +whatever percent fire damage.

I saw that, but it does not presently exist. Someone claiming that a god comm with fire gems is invincible is what I was disagreeing with.
    ThEtHe9 @ usa 1
  • The one takeaway from 20 pages of BS above:  I'm building me a fire cast ASAP
  • Fire casts rock!   You spent money to win?   You only have your stupidity to blame for that.    You guys call us farmers because we refuse to defend against your bought equipment.   I tell you, buy me a top of the line cast and I'll defend.  In the meantime, spending money is for losers that can't win otherwise.  

Call me Farmer Sal the Bitter

Playing Empire for free by not buying rubies  --EVER!

• furture (US1)furture (US1) Posts: 937
    edited 08.10.2015
    The one takeaway from 20 pages of BS above:  I'm building me a fire cast ASAP
    thanks for the bump

as for what salieri said, i kinda agree with. im not going to fire caste every time i see a bought troop or tool or commander, but if you have a really strong setup, and i dont have enough defense or strong enough defense... why waste it? or if i only have attack troops?

i agree to fire casting in certain scenarios, but i think a 100% fire reduction is a little to much. make like 70-80 be the max (and that is overall, not just caste. cant be higher then 70-80 with gems, caste, research, etc)
    im batman
    furture @ EN1
  • Salieri (INT1)Salieri (INT1) Posts: 381
    edited 10.10.2015

LOL, furture.  I agree with you to some extent. 

I am most definitely for the 100% fire cast, with options to get it even higher with legendary levels and whatnot.

That said, I like to defend, and I am pretty good at it, if I may say so.   I've defeated a horror-trooped supercomm attack when I was offline, just to illustrate the point.    So if I see a decent attack coming my way, I'll defend just to take chance to slap the attacker on the face or get my rear kicked.

Now, what I call a decent attack these days is an attack which is not engineered for a 100% certainty of victory.   Whatever talent-free player feels the need of a 100% sure victory that will additionally turn the defender's castle into shit --pardon my French--  I become superfarmer with a 120% fire proof hose.   They don't know how to play that need to buy their victories?   Then I can also get my victories --for free, thank you very much.

Whereas they've wasted a good month's salary in this transvestite of a game, I haven't spent a penny.   So I can walk away from it not feeling cheated.   It's not my problem if they can't.   And I can tell you this:   If they so strongly feel the hunker to always win, they would be well advice to spend their money in a therapist.

Post edited by Salieri (INT1) on

Call me Farmer Sal the Bitter

Playing Empire for free by not buying rubies  --EVER!

• Tempus (US1)Tempus (US1) Posts: 778US1
    I think this thread is irrelevant now since 75% of the server utilizes a fire cast in some form or fashion. 

Yil is very fake news.   #MAGA
  • There is no reason to complain for the simple fact....

1) When a player peruses the action to make their castle fire proof, they are removing a stronger castellan, which in turn allows the attacker to gain more glory, suffer less casualties, and loss loads more resources.

2) The player is less likely to receive support due to his/her castellan type being of the lazy I give up sort (Not wanting to burn). As any allies would rather suffer less losses.

I'm confused how you say the player is unhindered..... if anything the defending player with a reduced fire castellan lost more troops, and the attacker lost less due to the castellan being focused on the reduction of fires rather than increasing the following (Moat, wall, gate, melee, or range). A second setback is that you are looting a ridiculous amount.... preventing them from making tools off the bat, and preventing them from attacking (as they're armies would be dead from the hit). However, one may argue that they are losing less resources, but that's not the case, the player is as a trade-off rather than losing more wood/stone is sacrificing gold (the more troops dead the more $ they have to spend to rebuild a defense).
  • Raggle Fock (US1)Raggle Fock (US1) Posts: 1,396
    edited 31.01.2017
    There is no reason to complain for the simple fact....

1) When a player peruses the action to make their castle fire proof, they are removing a stronger castellan, which in turn allows the attacker to gain more glory, suffer less casualties, and loss loads more resources.

2) The player is less likely to receive support due to his/her castellan type being of the lazy I give up sort (Not wanting to burn). As any allies would rather suffer less losses.

I'm confused how you say the player is unhindered..... if anything the defending player with a reduced fire castellan lost more troops, and the attacker lost less due to the castellan being focused on the reduction of fires rather than increasing the following (Moat, wall, gate, melee, or range). A second setback is that you are looting a ridiculous amount.... preventing them from making tools off the bat, and preventing them from attacking (as they're armies would be dead from the hit). However, one may argue that they are losing less resources, but that's not the case, the player is as a trade-off rather than losing more wood/stone is sacrificing gold (the more troops dead the more $ they have to spend to rebuild a defense).
    Thank gd that this has been fixed in the 15 months since the last reply.....

Now to correct your mistakes.
    1) well first of all if they are using a fire cast it usually means they will have minimal defense. Minimal defense means less casualties means less glory.  Now as for resources, the fire cast is often combined with decreased losses and increased secured storage, which decreases the losses of resources.

2) why would he have to receive support?
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,781GB1
    I also agree that Fire casts are often way overused in the game, way too many people will openly admit to reliance on them and will happily build 7 of them.  And sit with impunity.

Where is the skill or stratergy in that? yes they can have a place, if you have no other real options ie you are getting hammered over and over by an  unbeatable force, but lots of players choose this now as a first line of defense, even against attacks they could and IMO should be beating.  Its quick easy and IMO often used lazily.

Clearly this is a genralisation, and all sorts of people use them for all sorts of reasons, but their use is becoming far far more widespread.  And in the recent year or so there have been massive strides forward in the ability to actually defend big attacks.  So you would think that we would see a corresponding increase in defending.

The only real defense against fire cast IMO is the building destruct,  sure sit behind fire proof walls but 1 in 10 i am going to take away something of value in your castle.   Then the player has some risk, evey time he / she sits there with a fire cast on there is a risk they will lose something important to them.  Sounds fair to me.

The basic premise of the game is att vs def.  if too many people in the game hide too often behind fire proof walls, especially when its not really the absolute last resort, then the reason for the game dimishes.  

The problem is honour no longer really  means anything, so there is no real loss if you OG or sit behind a fire cast.  So there is no real downside to the defending player.  Building destruct being the only exception,  there also needs to be more reward for the defending player too, Players attack in the main becasue the want soemthing, ir res , glory etc.  Players dont defend as they dont lose anything of importance to them, and they dont gain anything.   Until player either lose something for not defending or gain something for good def then I dont see it changing.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • WiseDaniel (US1)WiseDaniel (US1) Posts: 575
    edited 02.02.2017
    Old threads bumping lol.

Fire commanders are standard practice for war alliances now, so are a few other tricks. War strategy adapted  (maybe not at "some" large alliances, but at the real war ones).  

Agreed on using it as a crutch. There isn't one undefendable attack anymore. You may lose a ton in the CY but not even Negan's top commander will take out a top protected castle with 40k in cy. 

Use fc's to cover player masses (8+ horns on you) or if you have weak casts. Otherwise get support and defend. It used to not be worth it, but horrors are so expensive now taking them out in war is well worth even 1.5x the losses for non whales (sometimes even whales if you have a squad prepped).

Them changing how expensive horrors are is a huge help to defending, just so it's worth it to take them out.
    WiseDaniel @ usa 1
  • Kozmo (US1)Kozmo (US1) Posts: 373
    BOOOOOOOO ^^^^^^
  • Gohan139 (US1)Gohan139 (US1) Posts: 93
    edited 22.02.2017
    The latest nail in GGE Empire’s coffin is firmly being hammered home now on a daily basis: Fire casts have swept through the server and players are no longer opening or defending. There’s no need to since these fire proof casts essentially allow a player to take repeated hits without suffering any consequences. No need to recruit defense, no need to open gates. Just sit back and take the hits and watch as – absolutely NOTHING happens.

GGE, please consider providing something to counter this latest scourge or the game, which is already stagnating into a Farmville impasse will simply die. One suggestion would be a new look piece, which could either be a ruby purchase or not, to counter these fire proof casts. If not this, then something else needs to be offered.

So what do YOU think? Would you like to see a look piece offered to counter fire casts?
    "Actually it only hurts the sick part of your game. You will see few fire cast doing sportsmanlike hits. There is a good game going on all around you that you don't even see, played by people I would interact with in the real world.
     I expect you are thinking the "bully" event. Talk is of the real players getting together and offering the winning alliance a little reward one of these rounds.
     On the other hand, the real risk to the future of the game is the unbalanced offensive advantage with the courtyard and the short horns. No sense working up good defenses if it is useless.
     Confine your hits to 30% of total level (Leg. plus 70), and start to enjoy what is left of what was a good GAME.
     Alex022"

This is the opinion of a ranking member of my alliance that I respect and trust. I'm simply posting for him.

Always ready to fight for my friends.

Picture provided by farmerjohn 22 @USA 1 in GoodGame Bigfarm
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,861AU1

I don't agree:

1) a fire cast requires a fire house = rubies and isn't free. In addition, a fire cast requires a ton of hitting RBs to get the right equipment to build a fire cast. Hitting RBS is something that GGE wants and has tried to encourage many many times and in different ways.

2) a fire cast has allowed us to go more on the offensive which is a GGE cashflow positive re. buying offensive tools and sending ruby attacks.

It is the 1-5% of players that spend money, which fund these online games. The way to increase GGE cashflow is to increase the overall number of players, not cater to the existing 1-5%. It appears that GGE wishes to provide some balance to the stagnation created on multiple servers by hand holding of the big alliances with overwhelming advantages of metro food bonuses, God Comms, spending etc.

Therefore, I don't see the complaints raised of some fewer popped gates and supposed "turtling" (which isn't the case) outweighing the advantages.
    No it doesn't with all the random level 10 gems getting some for fire and a fire hero makes for almost 100% combine it with research and acctualy you'd only need level 7 fire gems for 100% fire reduction , fire station is not needed.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,723
    No it doesn't with all the random level 10 gems getting some for fire and a fire hero makes for almost 100% combine it with research and acctualy you'd only need level 7 fire gems for 100% fire reduction , fire station is not needed.
    You're forgetting about what really happens in war among high level players:  Attackers often have HoL points in Ferocious, or they have sets with + building damage on them.  Anyone who doesn't know about it learns it very quickly if they only have the 100% fire reduction on their castellan.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
Sign In to comment.