We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

WAR Setting for Alliance

I wonder if it would not be a good idea for an alliance to be able to choose if it wants to take part in PvP or only play NPC/Events?

I was thinking if at an alliance level you allow an alliance to either decide permanently if they want to allow WAR or not. If they say allow war then they can attack other alliances that are also open for WAR. If they say no then they cannot attack or be attacked and play only NPC/Events.

So as I see it two options:
Option 1 - PERMANENT:  Set at alliance level choose once and for ever more it stays like that.

Option 2 - MONTHLY: on the last day of each month from 00:00AM (GMT+0) all alliances have 24 hours to choose their option for the next month. After 24 hours if no choice is made you continue with the current setting you had. This way people can not set war on attack and then set war off again before counter attacks. Your choice last for a calendar month or for ever.

Comments

• Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,993
    Veto.
  • I wonder if it would not be a good idea for an alliance to be able to choose if it wants to take part in PvP or only play NPC/Events?

I was thinking if at an alliance level you allow an alliance to either decide permanently if they want to allow WAR or not. If they say allow war then they can attack other alliances that are also open for WAR. If they say no then they cannot attack or be attacked and play only NPC/Events.

So as I see it two options:
    Option 1 - PERMANENT:  Set at alliance level choose once and for ever more it stays like that.

Option 2 - MONTHLY: on the last day of each month from 00:00AM (GMT+0) all alliances have 24 hours to choose their option for the next month. After 24 hours if no choice is made you continue with the current setting you had. This way people can not set war on attack and then set war off again before counter attacks. Your choice last for a calendar month or for ever.

Hell nah, this is a war game, it is based around PvP, if you were to do nothing but eventing it would get hella boring.
  • worst idea ever!!!
  • He'll no. Have a family, 1 alliance set up for war and another set up as event.  Wage war on everyone. The second you see a horn, drop from your alliance and go into the "non war" one.

You can hit all you want but now they can't hit back.

Congrats, you've now become invincible. 
    WiseDaniel @ usa 1
  • Red.bird (US1)Red.bird (US1) Posts: 91US1
    stupid idea, but we do need more events that require a lot of PvP that is what the game is about, not events... I remember when the game was first created, there was a ton of PVP, not really any events
    Anything i say in the forums is my personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise doesn't represent my alliance.

In and out of the game since November of 2011
  • Kvass (US1)Kvass (US1) Posts: 271RU1
    there's always Goodgame BigFarm. ;)
    I bet his castle already is a big farm

:harold:
    MFUGA

• stupid idea, but we do need more events that require a lot of PvP that is what the game is about, not events... I remember when the game was first created, there was a ton of PVP, not really any events
    When this game was created there weren't any events, you had two things to hit, other players and robber baron castles.

• Just imagine all the weak players who are afraid of fires that would chose NPC only, lol. Then none of us would have players that we could farm for the fun of it. :)

@AquaAlex (INT1), if you're getting attacked too much and don't like PvP, then join a real alliance. All top alliances care about is farming weak players and doing events, so you'll fit in with them. And if you don't meet the qualifications to join a large alliance and still can't handle getting attacked, then there's always Goodgame BigFarm. ;)
    Uhm what makes you think i do not regularly burn all over? And I do not even bother building fire Cast or opening gates or using birds. If they hit me and kill all my troops i just rebuild. I am part of a big family that have been in a long drawn out war. So please do not make assumptions, I am not talking about myself. I am looking at a lot of players leaving the game. And trying to come up with things that will actually make the game fun for people that like PvP and people that do not. In the end the more of both there are the more money GGE makes the better chances we will see good changes to the game.

So maybe sometime think about more of just your enjoyment, i think they call it empathy :)

I was hoping for real discussions on pros and cons and ways to make things work, not one side views of who is the strongest and the best player.
  • He'll no. Have a family, 1 alliance set up for war and another set up as event.  Wage war on everyone. The second you see a horn, drop from your alliance and go into the "non war" one.

You can hit all you want but now they can't hit back.

Congrats, you've now become invincible. 
    So instead of the negative why not discuss how something like this could work? For instance can not change alliance for 48 hours after attacking a player, when moving to a new alliance can not do events for 48 hours after joining.

And unfortunately some of us love PvP, some of us like some PvP and some events, and others like the events, why must the game only cater for one type? Is there no way to have intelligent conversations and actually try and come up with ideas to keep various servers active? I hear they already talking about merging some servers.
  • there's always Goodgame BigFarm. ;)
    I bet his castle already is a big farm
    lol and that is what is called being judgemental :) Oh well seems like nobody understands dialogue and discussions any more. Only how to be negative and jumping to conclusions :)
  • stupid idea, but we do need more events that require a lot of PvP that is what the game is about, not events... I remember when the game was first created, there was a ton of PVP, not really any events
    When this game was created there weren't any events, you had two things to hit, other players and robber baron castles.

Man those were the days...this was a real game and not pansy empire.

Freedom of movement among alliances and friends is essential. Locking people into an alliance after a player attack may be worse than giving them God invincibility.. 
    WiseDaniel @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.