We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Pay Pal Credit Cards ......Hackers

2»

Comments

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 30.12.2016
    I Did everything I was Suppose to do....Contacted bank , contacted paypal  Then contact support ....They still won't say they  have anything to do with it.....Then I put it in the forum to WARN people this is happening.....

I don 't have children...and it wasn't by choice.....so please don't go there....And I wouldn't burden them with this issue. I try to live in my own means........Not like hackers who hack into people's accounts......

Pay Pal got back to me today and I will be refunded the money......

They want me to contact  GGE and see what they are doing to prevent this sort of thing..................
    GGE are doing nothing to prevent this sort of thing...
    Goodgame Studios is not always a reliable source to help you, unfortunately. As you can imagine I am sure that Goodgame Studios would not want to lose someone from spending money on this game because of it being their fault, unless if they don't care enough about preventing hackers from gaining unauthorized access to people who play this game or they can not do anything about money from your account being stolen even if it relates to this game. I for example have had to change my debit card and even my checking account to prevent unauthorized access to spending money on my account from a company called Techtronics that might actually be overseas even though I live in the United States currently. I have been told before to never give my debit card number, my checking account number, my routing number, or my social security number to anyone, unless if it is with somebody I can trust. They claimed they could help me with a virus I had gotten on to my computer that caused my computer screen to freeze, warned that I may have to get a new computer or get it fixed that could cost a lot of money to repair, and I agreed to spend money, but from what I heard about them they are not trustworthy. So I had to change my debit card and even my checking account numbers to prevent them from having unauthorized access to my checking account. Also, you are not the first person I know of who has had problems with Paypal. Robinhood ss for example had to start a new account in Goodgame Studios because of him being banned from Goodgame Empire for an issue he had with Paypal and refusing to spend money to Goodgame Studios to reopen his account. A debit or a different type of credit card may be a better option to consider spending on this game instead of Paypal possibly. Especially since at least for debit cards you can use a pin number that only you should know.The issue I had of my computer screen freezing had nothing to do with Goodgame Empire, but regardless I had concerns that Techtronics cared more about wanting my money than actually helping me and it is possible that it was Techtronics that froze my computer in the first place as well. It sounds like you did not know who stole money from your account at least temporarily though. 
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • LizGamer (AU1)LizGamer (AU1) Posts: 75AU1
    I am not stupid. And I did not give out my credit account details to ANYONE..........

I AM  JUST TRYING TO SORT OUT THE HOW BIT.......No one will tell me....

GGE  says contact Paypal.........And

PayPal have asked me to contact GGE  to find out how it happened........
    LizGamer @ au 1
  • Judeling (US1)Judeling (US1) Posts: 109US1
    It is the standard corporate run around ass covering.
    In fairness it is a tough and ongoing problem for all companies. Convenience vs Security across a broad range of payment methods and sources.
    We need to protect ourselves also. I use only Gift Cards and Debit cards online although that is a limiting thing. I know how much I expose that way.
  • I am not stupid. And I did not give out my credit account details to ANYONE..........

I AM  JUST TRYING TO SORT OUT THE HOW BIT.......No one will tell me....

GGE  says contact Paypal.........And

PayPal have asked me to contact GGE  to find out how it happened........
    It doesn't really matter how, the $300 matters.

Either way the hacker would've used a program which goes through every combination of letters and numbers etc. possible

Even if your password is something like:AppleTreeFarm8392

It will still become found

Like I said before, if your paranoid of this happening again

a'z;lkxjh829i01o-`aXckj86%^&*OYTRSECdvbrejkadc  rejdsvcxzzrh'i\6

That right there is your best bet at security

Count Palatine Dalaran
    Server: Asia1
    Alliance: Sergeant of TBHK
    Honour: 1430
    Level: 23

"This game isn't dominated by large alliance families, rather an oligarchy. The richer the player behind the screen, the better" - Dalaran

• To be honest, @Graycat, you seem to be very dismissive of LizGamer's situation. You don't KNOW that it's not GGS's fault and whether or not there is any point in pursuing the issue is not your decision to make. Is it possible that poor online fraud detection rates are low because not enough gets reported? In any event, GGS should be bending over backwards to provide Liz with any information that could be helpful to an investigation and frankly, I find GGS's lack of transparency in a case like this to be shocking.

@LizGamer Months ago, I was chatting with a friend of mine and he said that most people playing this game have some sort of personality or mental disorder. I disagreed of course and I asked him if he thought I was mad. The cheeky sod said he knew I was mad, he just didn't know in what way. lol. He said that this game is to most players what both a spider's web and a jar of honey are to most flies. This game is a sugar-coated web and is an irresistable trap to most flies.

And where there are flies, there are spiders.

There are millions of people who have played/play/will play this game globally, most of whom are flies, which is a massive exploitable resource and the truth is, in the same way that flies are vulnerable to spiders and their sugary webs, some are vulnerable to frogs, lizards and birds too. This game is a smorgus board of opportunities for those wanting to exploit a particular human weakness and I think that you are right to raise this issue in the forum where the community can come together to see if we can get to the bottom of it.

So, can you clarify a couple of things for us? Your use of the term 'account' seems a little ambiguous. As far as I know, you can't purchase rubies from inside your own GGE account and have those rubies delivered somewhere else and yet you say you never received the items purchased. How do you know what was bought and how do you know the PayPal account was operated from within your GGE account? Is it possible that someone obtained your PayPal details and used a different GGE account to make the purchases from?

In any event, I think that GGS could do a lot more to co-operate with you if they really want to get a handle on this problem and it does seem like they are doing everything they can to stifle any inquiry. If we know the name of the account that received the benefit of your purchases, members of the community may be able to link the account with a known multi; why would GGS refuse to avail of that kind of assistance? And I wonder, how many of the inundation of support tickets that GGS boast to be in receipt of are complaints that are almost identical to yours?

As far as I'm concerned, from what I can make out so far, GGS should refund you, tell you the name of the offending account in case you know the person and then delete the account at the very least. Their failure to do so does raise the question of their complicity in what is happening to you and, presumably, many others. I think you are right to bring it up and we should continue this conversation.
    I don`t buy rubies i prefer diamonds.
    xx Princess xx
    Hi 
    And thanks for your comments....It is an issue that needs looking into....
    !) The fact that someone somehow was able to get my information

2) The fact that GGE support say they know how it happened, but won't tell me how....I'm not asking the name of the person /s involved.......
    3) Why did GGE not refund me.......or even tell PAYPAL how it happened......

4) How many other times has this happened to other players.....

5) What security measures are GGE doing to try and stop this from happening.....As i've said before I have not given my finance details to anyone.....Like they think I have..........

In the end it was PayPal that refunded my money.....the bank stopped 3 transactions from going through after I reported it to them...which was great....But It was Pay Pal that refunded the money so the bank didn't need to do more for me ..But were ready to do so.

Pay Pal  and the bank kept me informed how the situation was going.....GGE didn't have anything to do with the refund and communicated with me very little about the issue....

I could say more but will not because some of the other comments are not helping the issue or understanding what had happened...except that these transactions happened while I was in Hospital having an operation........
    LizGamer @ au 1
  • Heres some advice that may help when saving money up anywhere, in cash or in a bank... "dont be a jew, BUY SOME ANTIVIRUS software????"
    Odins Fury - The legend lives on

When you dare with me,
    You dare with Death.
  • Raggle Fock (US1)Raggle Fock (US1) Posts: 1,396
    edited 10.01.2017
    Hi Liz,

Let me clear a few things up for you at least by what you have said.

#1 Based on your details you provided in your first couple threads it should be noted that no one likely guessed or brute forced your password.  Because you had a piece of malware on your computer, you most likely were keylogged.  Since this was something related to GGE its most likely that you clicked on a link or visited a website or accepted a file from someone in GGE.  This link/website/file installed malware on your computer.

#2 GGS is NOT responsible. YOU are responsible for your computer security not GGS. GGS makes money by ruby purchases.  If you want GGS to no longer make offers then you are asking them not to make money.  Once a purchase is made, they can't refund back the money because they have given someone the purchased goods

#3 Since the purchases were not made on your account (i think thats what you said), be happy that with the reversal from Paypal, the account that received the purchases will likely be banned due to lack of payment.

In conclusion, you are responsible for your own account/computer security, not GGS.  DO NOT CLICK LINKS, VISIT WEBSITES, OR ACCEPT FILE TRANSFERS from anyone.

Happy gaming
    -Raggle

Edited some errors and GGE vs GGS
    Post edited by Raggle Fock (US1) on
  • Hi Liz,

Let me clear a few things up for you at least by what you have said.

#1 Based on your details you provided in your first couple threads it should be noted that no one likely guessed or brute forced your password.  Because you had a piece of malware on your computer, you most likely were keylogged.  Since this was something done via GGE its most likely that you clicked on a link or visited a website or accepted a file from someone in GGE.  This link/website/file installed malware on your computer.

#2 GGE is NOT responsible. YOU are responsible for your computer security not GGE. GGE makes money by ruby purchases.  If you want GGE to no longer make offers then you are asking them not to make money.  Once a purchase is made, they can't refund back the money because they have given someone the purchased goods

#3 Since the purchases were not made on your account (i think thats what you said), be happy that with the reversal from Paypal, the account that recieved the purchases will ilkely be banned due to lack of payment.

In conclusion, you are responsible for your own account/computer security, not GGE.  DO NOT CLICK LINKS, VISIT WEBSITES, OR ACCEPT FILE TRANSFERS from anyone.

Happy gaming
    -Raggle

does got a good point

:) JRBRITTAINUSER @ usa 1

• SOY DE VENEZUELA QUIERO COMPRAR RUBIES... ACTIVEN ALGO PARA PAGAR CON TARJETA DE CREDITO EN BOLIVARES...
    fricfracfenix @ his 1
  • SOY DE VENEZUELA QUIERO COMPRAR RUBIES... ACTIVEN ALGO PARA PAGAR CON TARJETA DE CREDITO EN BOLIVARES...

Cool, but this thread isn't really about this.  you should contact GGS directly to figure out payment options that are available to you.
  • I also HIGHLY suggest gift cards. They allow you to stay married  (prevent my wife from screaming about me spending money on GGE even though I sold my ps4). You can also buy Target or Starbucks in bulk and know that if you quit, they are still useful.

Also, if you live in  the states, you receive a free 6' sub for every  $25 subway card you purchase. Add a subway sub to your ruby purchase!

Then GGE can screw another company and not you.

As for this situation, I am sorry but glad it has been resolved. Hopefully you can begin to use GCs in the future. 
    WiseDaniel @ usa 1
  • I also HIGHLY suggest gift cards. They allow you to stay married  (prevent my wife from screaming about me spending money on GGE even though I sold my ps4). You can also buy Target or Starbucks in bulk and know that if you quit, they are still useful.

Also, if you live in  the states, you receive a free 6' sub for every  $25 subway card you purchase. Add a subway sub to your ruby purchase!

Then GGE can screw another company and not you.

As for this situation, I am sorry but glad it has been resolved. Hopefully you can begin to use GCs in the future. 
    Miagi say Daniel San is most wise!
    I live i n the country in Tasmania.....what gift cards are talking about 

Thanks for your comment

Happy Gaming

Liz
    LizGamer @ au 1
  • I live i n the country in Tasmania.....what gift cards are talking about 

Thanks for your comment

Happy Gaming

Liz
    you'll have to do some searching or contact support, but GGS does accept some gift cards as payment for rubies. This gives you some added layer of protection as you are using a pre-paid card to purchase stuff, and not a source that has either more or unlimited spending potential.  Not that it would necessarily have helped you in this case.

I do hope you have read my posts however as a warning to stay clear of links and files from others. Also always  make sure your antivirus software is up to date. You may also want to check out and see if Paypal has a secondary verification method with purchases (I have no idea if they do or do not). Something that would require you to respond to a text message on your phone if a paypal purchase is being made.
    Hi Again,

Last night GGE suspended my account until not long ago .....As I stated before someone somehow accessed my credit card ,

And at the time it turned out to be 5 times.......The bank stopped 2 payments and Pay pal stopped 1....The other 2 were refunded....by Pay Pal......

Now GGE are demanding me to pay back 2 payments......They were not done by me but someone accessing my card number/details...that card has been suspended and any payments to GGE have been stopped through Pay Pal........

So again I am Warning people about the method of paying .......

I am the Victim....and being grossly unfairly treated by GGE
    LizGamer @ au 1
  • Hi Again,

Last night GGE suspended my account until not long ago .....As I stated before someone somehow accessed my credit card ,

And at the time it turned out to be 5 times.......The bank stopped 2 payments and Pay pal stopped 1....The other 2 were refunded....by Pay Pal......

Now GGE are demanding me to pay back 2 payments......They were not done by me but someone accessing my card number/details...that card has been suspended and any payments to GGE have been stopped through Pay Pal........

So again I am Warning people about the method of paying .......

I am the Victim....and being grossly unfairly treated by GGE

Well I did mention that this could happen if the purchases were made on your account, though from your description earlier it sounded like the purchases weren't made on your account.  Its unfortunate but you'll have to talk with support about this.  There is basically next to no chance that they will be able to do anything about it though. Your only option would be to start over.
    why should I start over ....this has been in discussion with support before Christmas.....I am the victim....I will not start over again will rather give the game away if treated this way.....They know how it happened and know it didn't go into my game...It is up to them to find the person and sort it out with them....There is NO way I'm paying and I deserve more respect and treated with respect from GGE support....And I am not a newby ....They say they know how it happened but won't tell me.....Also I am not a youngster..I am a elderly disability pensioner with very little money ...that money that someone stole from me was for medical expenditure and Christmas,......
    LizGamer @ au 1
  • Lizgamer: I understand you are upset, and I apologize if you got the impression that I was treating you as a "youngster". If you have not read my posts in this thread, I would appreciate it if you would, as I do say what it appears to me what had happened.

From your description it looks like you clicked on a link, visited a website, or accepted a file from someone who installed a piece of malware (with a keylogger) onto your computer (or at somepoint you bought rubies for someone else). They took your paypal info and bought rubies on your account. Paypal may have blocked 3 of the 5 payments, but once the other 2 are processed you will owe the money if they are reversed (plus fees sometimes). You have 2 options as I said, either stop playing or contact support and get the ticket elevated and ask for the ban and debt to be wiped out.

Remember, account and computer security is your responsibility.
    Again I stress it was non of my doing ,,,,,this happened while I was in hospital having an operation,,,,,,I have never gifted rubies to anyone....Nor have clicked on any malware....I have good detectors and virus protection at all times....Also this is still on going with support.....I AM THE VICTIM.....How can I spend ...do the action without my computer and under sedation having a operation at the time.....

Someone has been able to hack into my account....It is wide known in this game that there are hackers.....And this is an issue that GGE support need to deal with ...not me.....My computer is often reset by a qualified computer technician  quite often to prevent these things happening and  that is my husband and he never plays these games and has no access to my accounts....passwords are changed regularly and with a highest level...

I have told support that I under no circumstances will be paying this money....I have no money ...in fact I am in debt....

Boy do some people write some stupid answers to my warning.....And not read properly what I have stated......
    LizGamer @ au 1
Sign In to comment.