Home Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Most Useless Building in the Game?

On my last post, it went a lot off topic and people started to talk about the worst building, so i have created this:

Write what your favorite building, why and what you think the worst building is and why.

I look forward to hear you opinions.
Manjeet5585

Comments

• Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,990
    the hideout is the most useless for level 70s because you can easily put another level 12 dwelling in its place, and keeping 1,200 resources safe with a hideout doesn't count for anything unless you always run on nearly empty resource storage
  • Master Builder

Need I explain?

Count Palatine Dalaran
    Server: Asia1
    Alliance: Sergeant of TBHK
    Honour: 1430
    Level: 23

"This game isn't dominated by large alliance families, rather an oligarchy. The richer the player behind the screen, the better" - Dalaran

• Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,068
    Disagree with that the master builder is great for reducing res needed for hall of legends 
    Imperius @EN1
    Leader of Odins Fury

Baby Yoda @US1
    Gen of AX 

• my favorite is the bakery.

most useless: fire station

Member of "The People Who Have Lives"

GGS's Definition of bullying:

• Threatening someone/someone's family/relatives IN REAL LIFE (Usually results in a permanent ban)
    • Calling people excessively vulgar/racist/hateful words/names (Usually results in a 24 hour temp ban)
    Anything and Everything else is perfectly acceptable.

For those of you who think capping/hitting Outposts, Monuments, Laboratories, Resource villages is bullying, go play farmville or mahjong. THIS IS A WAR GAME!!

Got a problem with me? Just say it to my face.

#RIPTestServer2017

Quit the game on 1/14/17

~CK~
    Master Builder

Need I explain?
    yes, please explain :p 

wait until you're level 70...

If decorations count as buildings, and you can build them, so why not count them as buildings... then the signpost is the most useless building. :)
  • my favorite is the bakery.

Fire station is decent for wars

My choice would be stronghold personally or townhouses

Not active ingame anymore  [email protected] (back again) 

[email protected] 

Non-ruby buyer 

[email protected] ResilientEmpire 

Pop me a PM ingame or on forums if you want to join :) 

My loot, first week back: 

my choice would be stronghold personally or townhouses
    townhouses give a lot of extra milita units. They just cost a lot of rubies is all.
  • Militia are mostly useless, only useful if people think you're a farm and send loot comms with no tools. I don't want to get into that bad of a situation in the first place

Not active ingame anymore  [email protected] (back again) 

[email protected] 

Non-ruby buyer 

[email protected] ResilientEmpire 

Pop me a PM ingame or on forums if you want to join :) 

My loot, first week back: 

• Master Builder

Need I explain?
    you haven't seen the costs for the hall of legends before, have you?

my choice would be stronghold personally or townhouses
    townhouses give a lot of extra milita units. They just cost a lot of rubies is all.
    except townhouses(and dwellings) are useless, as are militia and armed citizens. they barely count as anything. even in large numbers.

anywyas, my favorite building is bakery, and least favorite is town houses/dwelling.
    my esophagus big. 
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
    the hideout is the most useless for level 70s because you can easily put another level 12 dwelling in its place, and keeping 1,200 resources safe with a hideout doesn't count for anything unless you always run on nearly empty resource storage
    Both of those are equally useless buildings. 

I disagree with that, having many hide outs and a resource cast during war is a good tactic, when u are in minus food if someone loots all your food your troops will starve, but using the hideout and resource tactic, when i got hit by a full 5 wave army i didnt lose more than 10k food
    Only need a res cast. Hideouts are a waste of valuable PO space. I lose basically nothing. lol. I don't even bother moving res.

Master Builder

Need I explain?

Yes. You do need to explain. Even with every exploit in the game res is still a pain. 

my favorite is the bakery.

Fire station is fantastic for buffing out your fire cast. I max mine. Combined with the right gems and cast you have over 100% reduction. Even an anti-firecast comm can't burn you then. lol. Round it out with a loot reduction hero and you got a hell of a cast for tool raking. 

For me, the most useless building is guardhouses. Most useful? Hall of Legends. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • the hideout is the most useless for level 70s because you can easily put another level 12 dwelling in its place, and keeping 1,200 resources safe with a hideout doesn't count for anything unless you always run on nearly empty resource storage

I disagree with that, having many hide outs and a resource cast during war is a good tactic, when u are in minus food if someone loots all your food your troops will starve, but using the hideout and resource tactic, when i got hit by a full 5 wave army i didnt lose more than 10k food
    Only need a res cast. Hideouts are a waste of valuable PO space. I lose basically nothing. lol. I don't even bother moving res.

Master Builder

Need I explain?

Yes. You do need to explain. Even with every exploit in the game res is still a pain. 

Fire station is fantastic for buffing out your fire cast. I max mine. Combined with the right gems and cast you have over 100% reduction. Even an anti-firecast comm can't burn you then. lol. Round it out with a loot reduction hero and you got a hell of a cast for tool raking. 

finally, someone who agrees with me, guardhouses are useless, idk why I put down fire station considering I own one xD

~CK~

• Threatening someone/someone's family/relatives IN REAL LIFE (Usually results in a permanent ban)
    • Calling people excessively vulgar/racist/hateful words/names (Usually results in a 24 hour temp ban)

For those of you who think capping/hitting Outposts, Monuments, Laboratories, Resource villages is bullying, go play farmville or mahjong. THIS IS A WAR GAME!!

#RIPTestServer2017

Quit the game on 1/14/17

~CK~
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
    edited 21.12.2016

Master Builder

Need I explain?

finally, someone who agrees with me, guardhouses are useless, idk why I put down fire station considering I own one xD

~CK~
    My favorite thing to do with someone who has a lot of guardhouses is send 26 single spies. One will get through, most of the time. 

FYI people. 5% can be summed up to about a 1/20 chance. Anyone with 3 taverns can get through your stupid guardhouses. People like me don't care if you see us coming. I'll slow down my attacks on purpose. lol
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • the hideout is the most useless for level 70s because you can easily put another level 12 dwelling in its place, and keeping 1,200 resources safe with a hideout doesn't count for anything unless you always run on nearly empty resource storage

Master Builder

Need I explain?

~CK~
    My favorite thing to do with someone who has a lot of guardhouses is send 26 single spies. One will get through, most of the time. 

FYI people. 5% can be summed up to about a 1/20 chance. Anyone with 3 taverns can get through your stupid guardhouses. People like me don't care if you see us coming. I'll slow down my attacks on purpose. lol
    Not only that, but if you tool your attacks properly you don't even really need to espo.

~CK~

#RIPTestServer2017

Quit the game on 1/14/17

~CK~
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    I think the point is if the game was played properly it would be HUGE, but when you can farm what 200k+ res per hit?

you are looking at what under 200 farming hits to make up that 33m res?  put in that context doesnt look quite as good a value.  If gge could be arsed to shut that down then yes i would agree great value again.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,079
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Lord Elvin (AU1)Lord Elvin (AU1) AU1 Posts: 199
    @"Mycrotia (US1)"

Are you a fan of The Princess Bride?

:o:o

- Lord Elvin, Loyal Deputy of Metal, Loyal Player of This Game Which Continues to Show it's Disloyalty to us
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 895
    The construction crane was an okay invest when I was in the level 40's.

I rarely use it now, and its really only useful after I get wrecked and need to put out a bunch of fires.

I accidentally upgraded it to lvl 2 once; big mistake.
    Discord: JYT#1574
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,079
    JYT (US1) said:
    The construction crane was an okay invest when I was in the level 40's.

I rarely use it now, and its really only useful after I get wrecked and need to put out a bunch of fires.

I accidentally upgraded it to lvl 2 once; big mistake.

Exactly.  It WAS the level 2 crane in the pic.    The argument can be made that the crane is useful for lower levels. 

@Lord Elvin (AU1)  Who me?  Inconceivable!

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file