We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Update questions & feedback: Auto-Recruitment & Tool Production!

Comments

• Lord Roj (GB1)Lord Roj (GB1) Posts: 1,116GB1
    Or does the feast apply to all troops in slots regardless if the feast runs out before they are all finished recruiting? Maybe I'm not explaining it right.
    Does anyone know what I'm trying to get across? LOL

Its just applies to the 5 (or 6) troops being recruited, when they get put into the active slot a feast needs to be on at that moment, not hard. I can't understand the complaining here, its great, I can churn out mantlets all day and night, I hated all the clicking to recruit so never did 1+1. Those who did just hit  some extra towers in the time spared and you will make more coin than you spent on extra men.
    Lord Roj @ en 1
  • Lord Roj (GB1)Lord Roj (GB1) Posts: 1,116GB1

It has been changed completely. It was one of the only 2 build items that were of any use. I know i can que more troops but i was able to actively train 9 troops per slot. Now my active recruiting slot only trains 5 at a time : /

The build item that they replaced it with allows me to que more troops in my recruitment slots , but what help is that?? So i can train 127 instead of 80 per slot..... worthless. This slows my troops production by almost half. It took me a long time to save up the build materials for those items not to mention the time and resources i used to research them.

not it doesn't, I can queue up 134 in each slot and 6 get recruited at a time, but whether you recruit 6 * 3 or 9 * 2 its the same time overall to make those 18 troops.
    Lord Roj @ en 1

• It has been changed completely. It was one of the only 2 build items that were of any use. I know i can que more troops but i was able to actively train 9 troops per slot. Now my active recruiting slot only trains 5 at a time : /

The build item that they replaced it with allows me to que more troops in my recruitment slots , but what help is that?? So i can train 127 instead of 80 per slot..... worthless. This slows my troops production by almost half. It took me a long time to save up the build materials for those items not to mention the time and resources i used to research them.

not it doesn't, I can queue up 134 in each slot and 6 get recruited at a time, but whether you recruit 6 * 3 or 9 * 2 its the same time overall to make those 18 troops.

I guess you have a good point there. Still upset that i have useless build items. I could have used the build materials elsewhere.
    godmode @ usa 1
  • BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    @godmode (US1)

Mathematically it works out better for players in the new way, because troops go into the production slot in groups of 5, but you have more in the queue, so with the 1+1 you are getting a 20% extra free troop, if you had +5 troops/slot you'd be getting +10% free.

It really doe have you better off, you have the same amount extra per slot effectively, but they all go in the long queue.

Angus
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• Nogrod (GB1)Nogrod (GB1) Posts: 28GB1
    What happens if you're running a feast? If you have 5 slots filled and the feast runs out, if you start another will it apply to the remaining slots still filled?

when it ends any troops not currently training will go back to regular train times

Not what I am seeing. Troops in training in all slots at the feasting time rate remain on that time after feasting ends. 
    Nogrod @ en 1
  • I might have been wrong. That is the answer i got in the test server.

godmode @ usa 1
  • @godmode (US1)

Mathematically it works out better for players in the new way, because troops go into the production slot in groups of 5, but you have more in the queue, so with the 1+1 you are getting a 20% extra free troop, if you had +5 troops/slot you'd be getting +10% free.

It really doe have you better off, you have the same amount extra per slot effectively, but they all go in the long queue.

Angus
    How can we be better off if we lose 4 extra troops????
    if we recruit 5 troops, it takes us 15 min. + 1 extra sol
    with 5 slots and 1 recruitment per slot it take us also 15min. and 4 extra sols
    thanks gge for ripping us off

the only thing is you don't have to be online anymore to recruit, way to go to play a game
    ikke261068 @ nl 1
  • This update is junk, It now costs me more to recruit same amount of troops. Takes longer to get them recruited cause of time i must wait for all 5 to finish. They are not ready as soon. The loss of plus 1 help troops is a huge loss. With this form of recruiting i will have my troop production cut in half. Using 2 or 3 plus 1 is a great tactic to use when in an active alliance and thats gone now. Ill have my ability to place high in events cut in half. The only reason to do this to the recruiting is to keep troop levels down and force people to buy troops. The dilemma there is you stopped selling troops. The ruby whales in my alliance have quit buying cause they cant get the troops to play with. Thats how they do events. Now those of us working and recruiting 1 or 2 or 3 plus 1 are being screwed out of troops also. Your not balancing the game your just helping people decide to quit. Making my recruit slower and more costly is not the way to keep me buying or playing. A compete failure of an update

We_Ner @ usa 1

• to any CMs looking at this lissen look guys ive played on phone version as well as this version over 4 years with gge us old players are tired beyond sick and tired of your guys price increases. ive said it before and 1000s of players in gge will back me up on this when i say this these prices are junk. the special offers are junk the new recruitment is junk the real players around here and not the jokers the every day fourm posters that talk about nothing want to see prices come down your running a business in the past month your pockets have ran low why because its the holidays in the USA and what do you guys do run prices up people dont respect any business that doesnt have the supplies people want get that through your heads. all you did was make recruiting twice as slow so people have to buy men this is way out of hand now if you people cant see that your blind it will take you twice as long recruiting now and so much gold it isnt even funny making you pay gge even more money because they get payed the longer your on there server based on how much data the send you so even non ruby buyers are paying gge to show some respect to your people enough is enough ive seen people say all the time your killing the game and your are if you dont know gge makes money off you just being signed in look it up how you guys think facebook makes money and is so rich same thing. not everyone is to blind to know that when you open up and start doing whats right you will make even more money. you want to make money put offers up there that have a bunch of men for cheap with tools watch how fast you sell out. im dead serious if your not looking to lissen to someone like me then you will lose even more money no reason to even fix the game bugs then just let it go next month there will be more layoffs because you have refused to go cheapper watch. enough with the dumb stuff guys i refuse to spend money on junk foreigns/bloodcrows and you guys should do the same as well i refuse to buy rubies for junk special offers for greed of gge i refuse to be treated like an iodit. if you run a business and your not supplying the demands you will no longer be in business my list of demands 1000s of players want to see now either you open up negotiations with us and supply the demands or lose even more money you have made many folks mad today read this and stop taking it as a dam joke bann my account i dont care anymore im serious you bann me and that will tell everyone what your about. i want a servey in everyones inbox by next week sometime you better ask around your players i bet you 1000s of players will tell you the same exact thing or something very simular to what im saying here.marceman187s
    marceman187s @ usa 1
  • Why is the auto troop and tool set by default to the max of eighty I did not realize this and recruited eighty troops that I did not have food for and had to cancel and lost over 12000 coins. This seems like another way for gge to get you to waste resources or spend coin and rubies the default should be 5 and why even have the max button when the default is set at max anyway.
    [email protected] usa 1 #notenough
  • @godmode (US1)

Angus

Sorry but I'm really not feeling better off. Each new idea seems to make the game less playable. I never have enough coins since they reduced the nomads/sams...nothings gets teched any more....I'm lucky if I can play one or two days out of a 4-5 day event dues to lack of troops or tools..sitting her twiddling my fingers watching my men queued up to recruit and heal and going nowhere fast and watchin a stack of 80 mantlets doing jack...please don't say go hit towers lol
  • This update sucks.

I used to be able to recruit 1+1 and get 1k troops in about an hour.

Now I HAVE to recruit 5 to get the +1 with alliance help

Now it costs more and takes longer to do the same thing.  Give us an option to turn this auto-trash off.
    I'm here to make pretty castles and recruit defense.
  • The update has its ups and downs.

It is great you don't have to significantly reduce the life-span of your fingers by the amount of clicking the old way used to have.

You don't have to be constantly online to still be able to recruit.

The bots themselves are now less useful, though there are still things they can do.

What sucks though is troops are now more expensive and slower to recruit for those who used 1+1, this has already been said but with more people posting their dislike of this, perhaps some change can happen.

• Maimouth (GR1)Maimouth (GR1) Posts: 31GR1
    btw the bots ,and especially the one that i am sure gge support, are working.
    so the hole story that they did this update to stop the bots ITS A @#$@#$ CRAP.
    bots still hit the barons 
    still recruit.
    same on you GGE.
    No more lies to the people please.
    Maimouth @ GR 1
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    In general once I worked out how to calculate how much food troops would consume the basic principle for recruitment looks okay.  The plus 5 at the start seems a bit odd but is essentially your base value so that's probably just a visual clarification.  I think maybe something that shows the impact of bonuses from contruction yard and Hall of Legends might help make it a bit simpler to understand like when you show equipment, hero or gem bonuses but that's a small point.  The tools in terms of red flags is an interesting development.  It does make sense with more troops and tools needed for multiple events to have the capacity to produce more to be ready to go or to enable keeping going within tournament.  Seems to me events will now reward those who manage resources well.  I like less bought troops as a balancing tool and I think it does put the focus back on items like drill grounds, recruitment and resource management which are more realistic aspects of the game.  Logically as empires grow they would have more tools and troops needed to retain their position so makes narrative sense too.  The risk of multi's abusing the system is their but I think the actual design is good if players allow the system to work and allow it time to bed in with some positive work from us with suggested tweaks then could be good.  

Does highlight the need for more and better feedback from players on the test server there are questions on here that they could have answered for us.  If we have less input from CM's then test server players could if they chose play big role in helping the rest of us understand what's coming.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • commando (US1)commando (US1) Posts: 475US1
    the feast i started this morning was working great...but when it ended the troops stopped training at that speed.    found out that starting another feast does get the training speed back up for the troops that had already been started.   
    commando @ usa 1
  • commando (US1)commando (US1) Posts: 475US1
    when you realize 1+1 recruiting has ended

commando @ usa 1
  • Pretty much have to say that to my mind this new update is terrible.
    Whoever set the production default to 80 units needs a serious kicking. Way too easy to waste a bunch of coins recruiting unwanted troops or resources on unwanted tools.
    An update or refresh is fine to keep the game moving forward but this one appears to be the usual quick lash up after an extended pub lunch we have come to expect.
    And I still cant work out how we are better off !

Some good ideas badly executed. 
    Elux Lucis @ en 1
  • FYI ive asked a few people i know that use bots they according to them the people that makes the bots have already come out with an update this update did nothing but slow it down for the non bot users WTF GGS
  • Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) Posts: 655US1
    Its a shame but I believe the bot users have forced GGE into this as  bots were recruiting 7k+ troops per day,  on 1+1 ie they were recruiting twice as fast and for half the cost other users, and could keep it up 24/7.

Yes its a nightmare for all those players that legitimatly recruited 1+1.  And a sad fact that the few  have ruined it for the many, you all know who you are we all know who you are.  Congrats I hope you are happy if you ever needed proof that bots do harm the game there it is.  But i guess the selfish minority that chose to use automation dont care they got the advantage for a while.

As for the update, I like others am looking forward to the fact i dont have to click over and over, I have some reservations how feasting works, and there is clearly an anomoly between feast time of 6 hrs max and 16 hrs of production!!  but time will tell how that pans out.

However I see a couple of issues, firstly the game used to reward activity, wars and events, against similar opponents could be won by you being more active than your opponent, now it cant as you can make the same amount of troops as someone on 18 hrs a day, by spending just a few moments a day setting up recruit.  So your troop number advantage is gone.

It will be intersting to see how that dynamic changes the game.

And also it seems as though GGE have still done nothing to address macro users, and Multi account users.  This must be a dream come true for a multi account user, one of the big things holding back people from using multis in the past was the sheer amount of time it took to recruit troops, now this is not a barrier.  The only barrier now is coin, but a few hours looting on one account then switch to the other account will easily solve this problem.

And lets not even go to the issue of stacking castles!!!  there are already an army of shell alliances, who have now been given the ability to recruit thousands of def at the click of a button!!!  Where before not too many players could be bothered to take the time to build the troops, now they dont have to.

Personally i believe we will see a lot more multis in the top 100 of events, rather than giving everyone a better chance of doing better.  But time will tell.  I like the reducded pointless clicking but fear the impact it will have on the game dynamic.

Let's pretend you're in a certain naughty alliance, cough-cough, and you have a bunch of alts you want to recruit a lot of defense for. That costs gold, which means that you then have to play on your alts and make gold. I can't imagine that's easy, since it's not easy for me on my main (damn you technicus!!!). Of course GGE gave us 1 million gold a few gifts ago...so they'll at least get a few massive recruiting bursts off, but after that probably not so much.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.