Home US Migration Content - Community

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

I yam CM Popeye, pleasure to meet all of you.

13»

Comments

• CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 1,713
    You are of course entitle to your own opinion @jkkdragon (US1) , but I have to ask; Why did you not just copy / past this text instead of taking a screenshot of paint? Also, why are you typing in paint?

As far as being a CM goes, I will give you a breakdown of what I do.

- Communicate the game teams actions to the community, and in turn give feedback from the community back to the team.
    - Analyze game data to see if the things players are saying in regards to new features is reflected in the numbers
    - Maintain the forums, and guide the community
    - Create content for social media, and get players engaged

These are kind of the main responsibilities, but the job is very complicated to say the least. A lot of you say that I should walk a mile in your shoe, but I hope you have also thought about things from my side. CM's are caught in the middle of the constant struggle between the company, and the players. Believe it or not, most of us are on your side, and do all that we can to make sure your voices are heard. In the end, this is still a business, and that means decisions will be made that are not very popular with some of you. Everyone thinks they know how this gaming business works, and is 100% sure they could make the perfect game. I can only say I challenge you to try;)

-Popeye
  • I guess you have a misunderstanding of what I was trying to get across. As far as knowing the gaming business that up to you and the GGE game staff. As far as basic business goes the basic's are the same here and around the world and having a good and FAIR practice's concerning your bread and butter the PLAYER'S (the customers) should be the base of GGE gaming. Here of recent I have just seen a little step in that direction with the thorn event, maybe GGE has finally begun to see the light of thing's, although that could have been just a another GGE glitch....time will tell. As far as you the CM, I know it must be difficult being stuck in the middle, that's also why I say that as CM you should have the ability Given by GGE to decide and fix also players complaints just as much as support is given that authority upon your discretion to a matter in which you as a CM would know far better than some at support. I would think that GGE would benefit in allowing that. I would say that player's with unique problems that have occurred would not be at all strange to a CM. In short what I really want to know is: How as player's of the game (the customers) help in getting you the CM the authority to be able to do such. For I firmly believe CM's have a deeper understanding of the game and would be far more FAIR to the players then the present practice administered by support.

• Sounds fair.
  • Snake Plissken (US1)Snake Plissken (US1) US1 Posts: 834
    edited 05.12.2016
    CM Popeye said:
    You are of course entitle to your own opinion @jkkdragon (US1) , but I have to ask; Why did you not just copy / past this text instead of taking a screenshot of paint? Also, why are you typing in paint?

As far as being a CM goes, I will give you a breakdown of what I do.

- Communicate the game teams actions to the community, and in turn give feedback from the community back to the team.
    - Analyze game data to see if the things players are saying in regards to new features is reflected in the numbers
    - Maintain the forums, and guide the community
    - Create content for social media, and get players engaged

These are kind of the main responsibilities, but the job is very complicated to say the least. A lot of you say that I should walk a mile in your shoe, but I hope you have also thought about things from my side. CM's are caught in the middle of the constant struggle between the company, and the players. Believe it or not, most of us are on your side, and do all that we can to make sure your voices are heard. In the end, this is still a business, and that means decisions will be made that are not very popular with some of you. Everyone thinks they know how this gaming business works, and is 100% sure they could make the perfect game. I can only say I challenge you to try;)

-Popeye

Is this a paid position?

EDIT: Rubies don't count.

Snake Plissken @ usa 1
  • CM Popeye said:

My name is Stan, AKA CM Popeye. I am very excited to start as a Community Manager here at Goodgame Studios!

I’m an American from Memphis, Tennessee, but actually grew up in southern Germany in a military family. After serving for four years in the US Army I decided to remain in Europe, and moved to Hamburg about two years ago.

As a lifelong fan of videogames with an insatiable appetite for meeting all the amazing people in our world, I look forward to becoming part of the Community.

Any questions you might have for me can be posted in this thread. I am willing to answer just about anything you can think to ask.

It’s a pleasure to meet all of you, and I look forward to some great times in the future.

Yaaaars Truly,
     Stan
    I remember when Stan first became a CM, and now he is facing being laid off by the company :(

-John

Laid off???

Is this a real job?

Was @Coolking4716 (US1) paid for acting like he was of age to be a mod?

....so many questions...

Snake Plissken @ usa 1
  • CM Popeye said:

My name is Stan, AKA CM Popeye. I am very excited to start as a Community Manager here at Goodgame Studios!

I’m an American from Memphis, Tennessee, but actually grew up in southern Germany in a military family. After serving for four years in the US Army I decided to remain in Europe, and moved to Hamburg about two years ago.

As a lifelong fan of videogames with an insatiable appetite for meeting all the amazing people in our world, I look forward to becoming part of the Community.

Any questions you might have for me can be posted in this thread. I am willing to answer just about anything you can think to ask.

It’s a pleasure to meet all of you, and I look forward to some great times in the future.

Yaaaars Truly,
     Stan
    I remember when Stan first became a CM, and now he is facing being laid off by the company :(

-John

Laid off???

Is this a real job?

....so many questions...

I think the REAL CM's are real jobs, but then there are players in game who want to be mods, those won't get paid REAL money.
    Diaper Boy @USA

(╯°□°)╯Lets Partai! (╯°□°)╯  
    Proud member of SF OUTLAWS

• CM Popeye said:

Yaaaars Truly,
     Stan

-John

Laid off???

Is this a real job?

....so many questions...

I think the REAL CM's are real jobs, but then there are players in game who want to be mods, those won't get paid REAL money.
    We still get free rubies and a piece of deco.

~CK~

Member of "The People Who Have Lives"

GGS's Definition of bullying:

• Threatening someone/someone's family/relatives IN REAL LIFE (Usually results in a permanent ban)
    • Calling people excessively vulgar/racist/hateful words/names (Usually results in a 24 hour temp ban)
    Anything and Everything else is perfectly acceptable.

For those of you who think capping/hitting Outposts, Monuments, Laboratories, Resource villages is bullying, go play farmville or mahjong. THIS IS A WAR GAME!!

Got a problem with me? Just say it to my face.

#RIPTestServer2017

Quit the game on 1/14/17

~CK~
  • CM Popeye said:

Yaaaars Truly,
     Stan

-John

Laid off???

Is this a real job?

....so many questions...

~CK~

Did you have to give them back when they found out you lied about your age?
    Snake Plissken @ usa 1
  • CM Popeye said:

Yaaaars Truly,
     Stan

-John

Laid off???

Is this a real job?

....so many questions...

~CK~

Did you have to give them back when they found out you lied about your age?
    Lmao, no, I actually didn't get them until after I lost my position... nuff said

~CK~

Member of "The People Who Have Lives"

GGS's Definition of bullying:

• Threatening someone/someone's family/relatives IN REAL LIFE (Usually results in a permanent ban)
    • Calling people excessively vulgar/racist/hateful words/names (Usually results in a 24 hour temp ban)
    Anything and Everything else is perfectly acceptable.

For those of you who think capping/hitting Outposts, Monuments, Laboratories, Resource villages is bullying, go play farmville or mahjong. THIS IS A WAR GAME!!

Got a problem with me? Just say it to my face.

#RIPTestServer2017

Quit the game on 1/14/17

~CK~
  • Should dump this Popeye is gone...
    dragonwing @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.