We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Please close this thread.

Borbonator (GB1)Borbonator (GB1) Posts: 759
edited 03.12.2016 in Alliance News & Diplomacy
My alliance has 0 defenders because loads of massive players in massive alliances are attacking us, i don't think this event is a good one because the big players in the big alliances pick on the smaller alliances. 
Post edited by Borbonator (GB1) on
brag

Comments

• Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    It's fixed the top alliances are using shell accounts, multiple accounts to guarantee the result.  They use the resource bug during the tournament to grow their multiple accounts and shells faster so tournament rewards this level of cheating to the detriment of honest players in smaller alliances.  Good to see honest top players like Phil taking a stand shame more didn't have the guts to publically opt out presumably those who fail to do so are supportive of the scam and it's detrimental effect on mid and lower level players like us.  
    Batten @ en 1
    Not okay that you and your alliance players are being burnt by players allegedly using stolen credit cards presumably top players currently aren't serving police officers as supporting alliances taking that approach would seem a bad career move

Batten @ en 1
  • Ah standard rather unoriginal response.  Deny nothing instead exhibit prejudice, question mental health of person challenging your perspective, aim to damage their reputation and credibility followed by threat to ramp up the fear factor and silence the critic.  Seriously I've seen more intimidating macrame.  Lets be honest having faced the best of BSK at their best why would you concern me if you can be so easily provoked.  Which of us is in control.  Seems to me I can get you to act rashly in exactly the way I want you to whenever I want to.  I'm not exactly going to worry about night attacks when you know I'm not on and the fact you had to send a double tap with another player on a much less developed account to garner no glory, limited resources, killing a few troops which are easily replaced, doesn't make you Brian in his prime or Barun.  You have a strong account but you lack the discipline and imagination to be a real threat like Mauve maybe get him or Goodfella to give you some pointers.  

I'm not concerned every time you hit me you weaken your position because every hit I take is a hit I save another player from. Every hit you make is another report to support on your file.  Every action you take weakens your position and strengthens mine. I have enjoyed playing the game but I enjoy seeking justice for those who have been wronged more.  If I have to sit in protection and work on my towers for the next ten years to see your approach ended I will.  I have had some great experiences made some good friends learnt a lot and I have nothing to lose through pursuing this in game and out of game.  Lets be honest your weak enough to need to cheat then aren't good enough to require my notice or my time.  What I lose I can replace, reputation, trust, self worth harder commodities to replenish and renew.  

But perhaps I do you a disservice, perhaps you are just misunderstood, please for the record go ahead put in writing for us on the forum that you have never breached the rules, that you have always played one account, that you have never needed to share a password, that you enough belief in yourself in your ability and that of your colleagues that you didn't need to cheat.   Match Phil for bravery take a stand for fairplay are you strong enough to do that to win within the rules.  Can you meet that challenge?    

I like your thinking :smile:
    brag
    If you'd like to understand more about the issue and if you feel that is something worth joking about ther's a good chance you might benefit then I can put you in touch with a group run by a great guy from the Philippines who works for Coventry Carers Centre who is working hard to tackle it.  Sadly it happens in the UK. Exploitation of people wherever and however it happens is wrong something I'm sure all players interested in fairness and equality whether in a game or the real world could agree on.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • If you'd like to understand more about the issue and if you feel that is something worth joking about ther's a good chance you might benefit then I can put you in touch with a group run by a great guy from the Philippines who works for Coventry Carers Centre who is working hard to tackle it.  Sadly it happens in the UK. Exploitation of people wherever and however it happens is wrong something I'm sure all players interested in fairness and equality whether in a game or the real world could agree on.  
    Absolutely Batten. There are millions, tens of millions, of people worldwide, past present and future, who have signed up to this game; that is a VAST resource and you are right - Who knows what other kinds of 'recruitment' go on within the corridors of this 'Empire'? And who knows how many corridors there are?

I don`t buy rubies i prefer diamonds.
    xx Princess xx
  • Not okay that you and your alliance players are being burnt by players allegedly using stolen credit cards presumably top players currently aren't serving police officers as supporting alliances taking that approach would seem a bad career move

Now before I respond to this I have a disclaimer to make. In no way do I mean to antagonize Batten or any other supporters, I only mean to question his logic and accusations and I hope this sparks off a meaningful discussion of what is really happening, what should be done, and so on, rather than erupt into a giant mosh-pit of catfights like a couple of 3 year olds. Toe, I'm watching you.

When did this come into the fray? Stolen credit cards? Doesn't it seem too much of a stretch? Sorry, I can perhaps understand if you think top alliances use shell accounts, which by the way I frown highly upon, but I just don't buy the argument that

"Hey, top alliances are stealing/scamming credit cards to buy things on a virtual game!!!"

What proof do you have?  I understand that you are taking a stand for the mid/lower-tier alliances and players, and that is commendable, but really, going this far is a bit absurd don't you think?

And somehow top alliances need glory from both shell accounts AND people who claim they have 0 defenders???? Just for the tournament? Where did the logic fly off to? @BORBONATOR (GB1) Can you provide screenshots and names of the players/alliances who you claim hit you, even without any defenders? It doesn't make sense to me why top alliances would be hitting the lower tier alliances for glory, which is won not by utterly dominating a battle and winning but by waging big wars with other players with good defence and support capability (i.e... OTHER top alliances)

For instance in the last Tournament CG raked up a ridiculous 9mil glory, and I cannot picture them hitting small alliances with 500 defenders per hit for 1k glory.....

Note that I went through this entire post without bringing up the "It's just a war game, deal with it" message, because that is a poor excuse for what top alliances are doing, IF it is even true in the first place

Xanthos @ PraetorianGuard UK 1

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I don't buy rubies
    And won't ever do
  • Batten GB1Batten (GB1) Posts: 511Member
    Not okay that you and your alliance players are being burnt by players allegedly using stolen credit cards presumably top players currently aren't serving police officers as supporting alliances taking that approach would seem a bad career move

Well, things seem to have taken another turn for the dramatic allegations to reach a completely different level of offences, that use of the word "allegedly" is very judicious given the complete lack of "evidence" or "proof" to back up such an assertion.

Things seem to have moved on a pace from the breaking of terms and conditions of an online game to allegations of fraud or conspiracy to defraud if I read your post and innuendo correctly? As I have said previously, proof of in game breaking of terms and conditions then report it to gge, proof of criminal offences such as fraud or conspiracy to defraud need to be reported to the appropriate regulatory investigative authority, the addresses and phone numbers of which I have previously posted on the forums to assist HND and his spurious mud slinging.

Now, on the subject of "allegedly", it has come to my attention that a player from a smaller alliance "allegedly"drives a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road repairable at public expense with less than the lawful minimum of 1.6mm of tread around 75% of the circumference on one of their tyres across more than 10% of the surface area.

I have also heard that another player of a small alliance whilst perambulating around the local market last weekend "allegedly" grazed on some unpaid grapes whilst perusing a fruit stall.

More worryingly I have also heard that a group of gge players at some time in the recent past were "allegedly" abducted by visitors from another world and beamed into a nearby suspended space ship whereupon a series of medical experiments were conducted on their brains. This has "allegedly" had the effect of removing the small part of the brain dealing with reasoning and also the part which normally provides a safety valve of "engaging brain" before uttering ridiculous comments.

See how the word "allegedly" comes in very handy? Luckily the last 3 scenarios are the product of an overactive imagination as I suspect the cut and pasted example at the top of my thread is. Stop bothering people who come on here as an escapism online game hopefully played for enjoyment with unfounded "allegations" of this that and the other, once again if you have any shred of "proof" then the last thing you really ought to be doing is giving the "alleged" wrongdoers notice of your "proof". Please let the appropriate people that can deal with such matters know and change the record as it is a tad repetitive.

Regards
    IK

I am against cheating, use of bots and general douchebaggery (those that indulge in such tactics know who you are and many others can spot you also).

I think perhaps you are in denial. Do you even know half of what your guys get up?  Your former leader Skel resigned when they tried to go for an outpost and put the shell Bonkers account in charge of your alliance much to the annoyance of your other players. The irony of a shell leading your alliance wasn't lost on the rest of us.  

I asked players who weren't comfortable sending reports in themselves because they were concerned about harassment, consequences and threats to send them to me.  We agreed to allow GGE time to review them and take the appropriate action.  Just to reassure you I am sending them on to the appropriate authorities because that is what the terms and conditions and the law of the land require,  enforcement agencies are there to protect people.  Being a veteran of many audits I appreciate these things take time and I am happy to let things take their course.  If you genuinely you and those being investigated have done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about.  

I meet a representative from the Government's Advisory Committee on Hate Crime last week at an event at City College called Words Matter we had an interesting discussion about online gaming and the need with stronger legislation.  

I don't think trivalising serious issues can be considered an adequate response and had you and other older players acted responsibly earlier you wouldn't be sunk in the morass you are currently in. Escapism doesn't allow you the scope to ride roughshod over players who pay same as you within an environment with set rules, you are still grounded in the real world and real world rules still apply, you break there are consequences if you fail to teach your players what those consquences are if you drag them beyond the line the terms and conditions draws beyond what is socially and morally acceptable then you are equally to blame for their actions.  

Play within the rules you don't have a problem, breach them and break the law and you do.  

Life isn't a game time you woke up you are in trouble and best way to get out of it is to do the right thing no and own up to protect your position.   
    Batten @ en 1
  • Not okay that you and your alliance players are being burnt by players allegedly using stolen credit cards presumably top players currently aren't serving police officers as supporting alliances taking that approach would seem a bad career move

Now before I respond to this I have a disclaimer to make. In no way do I mean to antagonize Batten or any other supporters, I only mean to question his logic and accusations and I hope this sparks off a meaningful discussion of what is really happening, what should be done, and so on, rather than erupt into a giant mosh-pit of catfights like a couple of 3 year olds. Toe, I'm watching you.

When did this come into the fray? Stolen credit cards? Doesn't it seem too much of a stretch? Sorry, I can perhaps understand if you think top alliances use shell accounts, which by the way I frown highly upon, but I just don't buy the argument that

"Hey, top alliances are stealing/scamming credit cards to buy things on a virtual game!!!"

What proof do you have?  I understand that you are taking a stand for the mid/lower-tier alliances and players, and that is commendable, but really, going this far is a bit absurd don't you think?

And somehow top alliances need glory from both shell accounts AND people who claim they have 0 defenders???? Just for the tournament? Where did the logic fly off to? @BORBONATOR (GB1) Can you provide screenshots and names of the players/alliances who you claim hit you, even without any defenders? It doesn't make sense to me why top alliances would be hitting the lower tier alliances for glory, which is won not by utterly dominating a battle and winning but by waging big wars with other players with good defence and support capability (i.e... OTHER top alliances)

For instance in the last Tournament CG raked up a ridiculous 9mil glory, and I cannot picture them hitting small alliances with 500 defenders per hit for 1k glory.....

Note that I went through this entire post without bringing up the "It's just a war game, deal with it" message, because that is a poor excuse for what top alliances are doing, IF it is even true in the first place
    Actually i was saying that our alliance has had some big hits so all of my defenders are dead, i am saying that some big players in bigger alliances hit smaller alliances because they are more likely to win. also

Where did the logic fly off to? @BORBONATOR (GB1) Can you provide screenshots and names of the players/alliances who you claim hit you, even without any defenders? It 

I have a life outside the game, i do not check the forum 24hrs a day, i have more important things to do.
    brag
  • Hi Borbonator,

Back to the subject of the thread, sorry to hear your experiences, I can appreciate that you and many others have a real life to lead and that this is a game, could you name some names so from memory so that we can address any issues of potential breaching or stretching of player instigated fairplay guidelines mate?

Regards

IK

I am against cheating, use of bots and general douchebaggery (those that indulge in such tactics know who you are and many others can spot you also).

• Hi Batten,

With regard to your comments above, exactly what issues am I trivialising? You speculate about "alleged" issues but have no substance, what EXACTLY is it I am supposed to have done to act irresponsibly and exactly what morass am I in? I didn't know that I was in one, not one that isn't in the minds of others at any rate.

If you could explain to me personally in what manner have I ridden roughshod over any players? Not my style Batten, I can appreciate the viewpoint of others when there is some substance to what they are saying but when it comes to playing this game all I am hearing is threats, accusations of breaking rules, and now crimes unknown. Put some meat on the bones and whilst you are at it would you please explain or point out to me the part of the terms and conditions which necessitate me personally being the moral guardian of how others decide to play the game? I fail to see how exactly I have "dragged players beyond the line"! What line is that and how have I dragged anyone? lol

I resent having accusations being levelled at me that I am responsible for the actions of people playing a computer game, I don't even really know any of these people behind a game name let alone am able to influence them when it comes to "allegedly" breaking the law. I advise you to be extremely careful in your language and inference in what you are suggesting and who if anyone is to blame for whatever is going on in your mind.

I have no problem because not only do I not breach any terms and conditions but am also well aware of criminal laws, you make vague references to stolen bank cards and allude to some conspiracy, be very careful my forthright friend, I would like to know exactly what you accuse me of. If it is nothing then move onto another subject, if it is something then put your money where HND's mouth is and lets see who laughs last.

Finally, you ask me to "wake up" that I am in trouble and to own up and protect my position....

Seriously? Which planet are you on, spell it out or kindly leave me out of your ramblings of misdemeanours and unspecified crimes and vague insinuations that I am in trouble, I have no clue as to what you are rambling about.

Put up or as far as I am concerned shut up, your insinuations are getting personal and I invite you to explain your ridiculous besmirching of character with absolutely no foundation.

It's a bloody game, get a life.

Regards

IK

So Crimson Guard have signed up to the fairplay rules?  

Batten @ en 1
    And will you now being complying with the rules of the game and your terms and conditions.  Yes or no is fine for the record.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • I'd like an answer to my questions in your previous long post above where you make reference in particular to me and my behaviour, kindly illuminate those points please, I am most interested in why you seem to have singled my out in relation to wrongdoing whether it be "in game" or as you put it "in real life", in relation to crimes.

These vague insinuations now go beyond the realms of any player instigated fairplay guidelines and I am much more interested in the more sinister elements of your personal insinuations.

I await your response with considerable interest.

Regards

IK

Well there is this:  

**** "Bonkers will be taking over as leader, sort it out amongst yourselves who you want and I will sort it"

***** "What"

Iberian Knight:  "I get the impression that **** is a bit ****** off with players doing their own thing all the time **** , I can tell you it makes negotiating virtually impossible as the goalposts keep moving"  

Presumably the goalposts are now fixed and you would of course of reported the password sharing involved in accessing Bonkers inactive account.  

And of from the 2nd August 2016 there is this classic involving ****** and ********* 

"If we someone can report a few of their other player be great... players
    Try BraveKingofKings for creditcard fraud 
    pete for multi...

*****  don't you have to give proof?

******  nope  lol supposedly the real toe got banned for multi accounting or something ...

So if your players were reporting it in August then presumably it isn't such a figment of our imagination the alternative would be that you deliberately tried to get a Uknighted player suspended who was innocent either way ...  

To be fair you don't seem to have been around at that point based on this exchange also from 2nd August 2016:

*****  "Is this real IK?"

******_***** nope it seems player that comes to help us nothing more 

*****  ok 

These are your alliances words not mine provided by players who played with you.  

So question stands does Crimson Guard now recognise and commit to honour the fairplay rules proposed by Praetorians and do you individually and collectively commit to play within the terms and conditions?  Yes or No?

Batten @ en 1
  • So in essence Batten you have possession of some sort of "alleged" Skype conversation, one in which by the way you are quite right I have no idea about. I fail to see the substance of your personal threats and insinuations.

I would also assume that due to the nature of these "alleged" Skype conversations and the fact that you now seem to have access to them that you have been given them by HND presumably third hand from a disaffected player who obviously has no bone of contention driving him or her?

Extremely tenuous at best I would observe, at worst you may well be party to one of those real life "alleged" crime scenario's that you refer to in your posts.

I wish you good luck in the crusade that you have aligned yourself with. I was a little concerned that a previously coherent and logical person such as you appeared to be a little while ago had possibly lost the plot with personal allegations, now I see that you have been coloured by the very limited mass hysteria (a small band that would struggle to be described as a mass), that is the anti CG crusade.

I also understand that CG has a white witch who is personally responsible "allegedly" for the recent earthquakes in Italy and the far east and that we have a neo Nazi Trump supporting survivalist living in an old ICBM site in New Mexico that has "allegedly" conspired to prevent minorities supporting Clinton from being able to vote. Another CG member is "allegedly" an ex football coach of a small north western railway town's football club and is being investigated for tying the laces of young players together. In fact CG are singlehandedly responsible "allegedly" for all the woes not only in gge land but in the "real world".

The best that you and the rest of the "crusade" can do it appears is to regurgitate "alleged" old Skype conversations probably taken out of context as "evidence" of breaking the terms and conditions of an online game, one which has no impact or jurisdiction over another computer related communication tool such as Skype.

So, that is the source of your serious allegations of fraudulent use of bank cards, those same aspects that caused you to make personal disparaging remarks aimed in my direction irrespective of the comment that you appreciate I "probably wasn't about at the time" lol.

I had thought that you as a person were a little above making spurious allegations and you did seem to have a sense of humour as our pervious exchange of message on "trolls" and films was concerned.

I shall now mentally mark you in the same bracket as HND and will now also ignore any further comments you wish to make which is a shame because until today I considered you a worthy word jouster.

Good luck

IK

• Hi Borbonator,

Back to the subject of the thread, sorry to hear your experiences, I can appreciate that you and many others have a real life to lead and that this is a game, could you name some names so from memory so that we can address any issues of potential breaching or stretching of player instigated fairplay guidelines mate?

Regards

IK

Well it is just lots of people in bigger alliances are attacking us once, so no breaches of fair play rules, i was just saying the alliance tournament is a bit unfair, But thanks for your help.
    brag
This discussion has been closed.