We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

5 Days of Berri is booooring! Thank god its over!

edited 29.10.2016 in General Discussion

Is it just me or is this berry event extremely boring?

To have 5 days worth of this berri is almost sole destroying, foreign invasion should run alongside it to keep at least some interest, or some other competition. Htting repetitive camps for soo long after the samurai offers no alternative game play.

Boring as hell!!

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.

Image result for war

Post edited by NewGavthevillan (GB1) on

Comments

• TurtleHunter (AU1)TurtleHunter (AU1) Posts: 333
    edited 29.10.2016
    Post edited by TurtleHunter (AU1) on
  • a very productive reply, :)

Image result for war

• well that's the point of the forum, its to share peoples opinions. your entitled to yours, and im entitled to mine, that's the beauty of living in a democracy, its also the beauty of a forum.

If this discussion isn't to your liking then you don't have to post in it.

Image result for war

• democracy has been proven to be a failure.
  • by who? in England it has proven to be a success, we decide our future (to a certain degree anyway) vote Leave for example!

But anyway politics wasn't the reason for my original comment, it was to talk about my opinion on the nailbiter event and this berri contest for 5 days. I never voted for less foreign, and I just feel the game at this point is a bit stagnant.

But of course, I welcome your comments if they are of a constructive nature. :p

Image result for war

• edited 28.10.2016

MrKenny I totally agree with you, There will always be people that are not quite happy with the decisions that gge make, and wont always agree with others.

I also agree that beri is probably the worst in the game, so to have this for 5 days is mind numbing!

If foreign isn't going to make its usual regular show, then it has to be replaced by something else, but either way, I know several players that either haven't even logged on or are thinking they have had enough of the game if this is going to be a regular 5 day event.

Its a very poor show, and I do think the people who voted for less foreign have been very naïve to consider what the hell would be replacing it!!

BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED

Image result for war

• MrKenny I totally agree with you, There will always be people that are not quite happy with the decisions that gge make, and wont always agree with others.

I also agree that beri is probably the worst in the game, so to have this for 5 days is mind numbing!

If foreign isn't going to make its usual regular show, then it has to be replaced by something else, but either way, I know several players that either haven't even logged on or are thinking they have had enough of the game if this is going to be a regular 5 day event.

Its a very poor show, and I do think the people who voted for less foreign have been very naïve to consider what the hell would be replacing it!!

BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED, BORED

I am one of the players who don't want FL all the time. Last month there were 19 days with FL/FL2.... 19 days!! This month it will be 11 days, so stil more than 1/3 of the month is with FLs. Berimond invasion is boring, I agree, but it is only 5 days. You can do other stuff in that time period and take a little break like I am doing, since goodgame don't want to or can't put ally tounament along side it. Seems excessive that some want to quit the game over 5 days with berimond invasion lol. 

And people have considered what to put instead of FLs all the time. Lots of suggestions in the forum. Like make samu and nomads last longer, which to goodgames credit they are planning on doing. Also focus more on PvP, which takes much more skill and is more exciting than FLs in my opinion and many others. Like right now so many players have high ranking glory titles that they have no business having, all because FLs are so frequent. If they had to attack real players for glory, then they would be nowhere near those titles.  

FLs are easy mode and take no skill. Many players are so used to FLs that they have no clue how to attack real players. And PvP is where the true fun of the game is. PvP just needs to be adjusted so it isn't so unfair to lower level players, which goodgame is also hinting at that they are trying to do, and then all players will hopefully be more willing to engage in PvP.
    MrKennyKRH lvl 800 @ skn 1
  • The problem is with having a period of time of being bored on a game, or not particularly liking an aspect of a game which is going to see a lot more air time, then unfortunately peoples enthusiasm for the game waivers,

I couldn't bare the thought of this beri becoming a regular time slot fill in, but until they can sort out the alliance tournament then they shouldn't have cut the FL, or they should have introduced something else aswell. I mean come on this beri tournament has never gained that much praise from the time it was introduced.

Beri tournament is no replacement for foreign. It seems to me that GGE have jumped to fast into this decision the same as the players that voted for less foreign.

Image result for war

• i agree 4 days of sams then 5 days of beri is boring the kingdom res is pretty good from beri but this event is boring i have never liked this beri event i think they should bugger off home so we can attack them in berimond and bring on a glory event give us time to rebuild the mantlets and get some of those titles back from a long absence in foris/bc events
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,097INT1
    My opinion is the loss to gain ratio , samurai and nomads so much better in the loss to rewards gain , also main Beri is good but needs tweaking but this form of Beri not so good .
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • I'd agree with you there. I think that 5 days of it it too long as well. I mean, it gave me enough time to complete both colours, but it's really boring now? Maybe having it for 3 days would be better, and maybe 4 days would be fine too, but 5 days is actually a really long time, possibly not time well spent.
    Happy n Proud Member of Blood Oath :)
  • I'd agree with you there. I think that 5 days of it it too long as well. I mean, it gave me enough time to complete both colours, but it's really boring now? Maybe having it for 3 days would be better, and maybe 4 days would be fine too, but 5 days is actually a really long time, possibly not time well spent.
    are the sets any good? would they be worth the troops losses and the boredom of hitting that many camps i might add im not a ruby player so i dont have any supers yet but i do have a few 90/90's in my collection
    are the sets any good? would they be worth the troops losses and the boredom of hitting that many camps i might add im not a ruby player so i dont have any supers yet but i do have a few 90/90's in my collection
    Depends what level you are? Being a lvl 18 when it started lol, we only get a piece of equipment getting the last reward of each colour. However if you are a lvl 70 then i think if you tech it you can get them to 90/90s, but you might want to confirm that with someone. I worked it out earlier, for a lvl 70 you have to hit it 397 times if i remember correctly to get to the end.
    Happy n Proud Member of Blood Oath :)
  • shut up and leave game if your bored

why can't a mark my post as spam????
  • Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,941ASIA1
    For level 70 is really good this event,is like royal capital,good looting on legendary resources... i got good looting on oil and other stuff :)
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,794GB1
    yeah to be fair berri invasion has always been the worst event in the game IMO, however it hasnt been around for some time so I can live with it.  I like the fact its longer it at least makes it possible to do both tiers  in one event totally ruby free, not easy but i know a number of players that did it sucessfully this time around.

For me personally i dont want or need any of the equipment, so like most of the events its pretty pointless for me.  just  a lot of effort for tiny rewards.

However that said I 100% agree with reducing the amount of time fi and fi2 were dominating the game.  it was getting totally stupid, almost non stop fi.  So if this is the result then so be it.

I also echo the comments made earlier, about Pvp being the heart and soul of this game, it was designed as a Pvp game, and the massive switch to it becoming almost an exclusive event game has been hugely detremental to the longevity of the game, the truth is if you are going to make it almost exclusivly event focussed you need to update the game much much more frequently, and more importantly make the event much much more diverse, ie not all the same wearing diff clothes.  Which you havent managed to do in years.  nomads, berri invsion, sams are basically all the same thing. TK, Underground and blade coast are all the same event too.  the only real innovative events you came up with since then have been storm.  And FI.  The downside to both of those events is you flogged them both to death.  Also you proved that you are simply not capable of developing the game at the speed needed to keep this stratergy alive without adding so many bugs into the game it becomes unplayable.

So I really hope you work hard on encouraging Pvp again, look at all the reasons why its been pushed from the game.  The truth is Pvp is really the only element of the game thats never the same, you will never really face the same 2 incomings diff player, different commander different gems used diff level / options used on HOL, different amounts of time to react, diff troops used etc. etc. learnign how to defend is a dying art, as is learning to attack.

Find a way to encourage pvp against players of similar strength, and disuade pvp against the easy way of just smacking someone significantly weaker than you.  Whats the point of building the strenght of your account if there is no way of ever showcasing that strength. 

Philt123 @ en 1
Sign In to comment.