The Fairplay rules

Now I'm not against them as well they quite useful to stop this game becoming ( more of ) a mess but adding to an already long list of rules and that is when stuff seems a bit more restricting rather then keeping the ruby whales/buyers from attacking and looting everyone without any shadow of a chance for anyone to stop them. So really I think that instead of the 'ruling' alliance gets to chose which ones to have because if said 'ruling' alliance happens to have a bunch of people in high up positions who have little regard for anyone with the average level of below level 70 legend 500 then that might be a problem hopefully nobody gets in who are like that so we are good. But with some of the rules these can have easy loopholes say a couple of fires could just be a lucky sab the 20 click rule could also be broken from smaller alliances who may find the forum the most toxic community since a YouTube comment section and I honestly won't blame them for not coming here if say every other message is flagged for 'abuse' so if that the current community here why should we expect them to see these new rules when they can't stand here so I think these fairplay rules should become more democratic and less 'just listen to me as I'm in charge' then I assure you the rules will be more server wanted then the top 3 alliances full of ruby buyers wanted and maybe people wouldn't want to see this game crash just to spite you ( mainly the non-buyers ( please don't attack me for this ))
but what do I know I'm just a non-buyer looking at these new rules without any of the benefits that throwing money away give. :) 
overlord90098 @ en 1
Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
General of DEFA1
RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
"No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
"Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
"Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
"Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
"Oo! I've got an idea!"
"YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
"Fine. Let the games begin."

Comments

• cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) Posts: 272GB1
    Hi Overlord

The rules or guidelines are being written by multiple alliances and using any diplomatic input people want to make. They are not being dictated by the 'big' alliances and are designed to help all :)

If you want to read them and make points then contact a diplomat from one of the 'bigger' alliances and ask them to include you or the diplomatic rep from your alliance in the diplomats skype room.

Thanks
    Cheryl 
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • Good morning all,

HND,

You are right in your assertion that there are already in place a set of in game rules, the framework supplied by the game makers dictates what is possible and what is not.

I would therefore ask if you and everyone else that believes that new(ish), set of guidelines being discussed are a bad idea per se? Would you really be happy in having the game being in it's simple state? A game without some sort of player guidelines would be one whereby any bigger gang of players could take any rv's that they liked the look of, where someone could put a lot of effort into building their outposts up only to have them taken off them because it is possible to do so?

I would suggest that most players would baulk at suggestions that we leave the game rules at being those that ggs have built into the programming but I don't know that as a fact, for all those that view this topic please speak up and let others know your thoughts on the subject.

It also seems to me HND that although without some sort of self regulation by the majority that you may get the very game that you spend a lot of time on here complaining about. Total anarchy and the larger fish eating the smaller fish, what is left of our server would soon implode and you'd have lost your soapbox, or maybe not your soapbox but your audience. You'd be that slightly mad looking scruffy individual stood in Hyde Park at speakers corner droning on about global destruction and the wrong doing of corporate giants whilst people walk past bored to go and get a Costa coffee or their Marks and Spencer packed lunch for work.

Yes, you read it right there HND, Hyde Park not Hynd Park lol.........

Enjoy the game

IK

I am against cheating, use of bots and general douchebaggery (those that indulge in such tactics know who you are and many others can spot you also).

• Iberian Knight (GB1)Iberian Knight (GB1) Posts: 104GB1
    edited 20.10.2016
    himnextdoor GB1himnextdoor (GB1) Posts: 207Member

Good morning, IK,

I may have read what you wrote right but you appear not to have read what I wrote right. As usual.

You are in an alliance that cheats according to the T&Cs as laid out by GGS... And some of your members have even less regard for 'fair-play'...

One of the mods of this forum is a member of an alliance he knows has members that cheat according to the T&Cs as laid out by GGS.

So I ask again: How can you be pro-fair play and not anti-cheating?

Moving dead accounts from Crimson Sword to CG, loading them up with tournament troops and then moving them back to Crimson Sword to be used as extra members of your alliance in war or as a means of capping OPs is cheating - end of story... Until you acknowledge that FACT, you can shove your platitudes where the sun don't shine.

Have a nice day.

The mail I addressed was not the one you have subsequently posted, I addressed your pervious one......

himnextdoor GB1himnextdoor (GB1) Posts: 207Member

Hi Overlord,

The rules or guidelines are complete tosh... They are a means by which the top alliances can control the lower ranked ones.

Look through the forum, look at the complaints about fair-play rules being disregarded; I started such a thread myself and guess what the general response to fair-play infringements offered by the likes of  Cheza here is... 'It's a war-game; get over it' or 'suck it up, it's a war-game'... lol

You see, 'fair-play' should be interpreted as 'in the best interests of the top alliances'.

Trust me, mate, if you tool-clean your attacker, Cheza will be like, 'Well, that's against fair-play so you deserve what you get', whereas, if CG hit you 5, 11 or 200 times in a day, Cheza will be silent. Check it out; I bet you will struggle to find a thread where a claim of unfair play is upheld by the top players of the community...

Besides, why should this game require a subset of rules? I mean, can you think of any other game where the rules are so inadequate that the players have to come up with their own rules to make the game playable?

I have suspected for some time now that the top players are keeping the game on life-support in order to A, preserve an income for GGS, B, to save GGS from having to go to the trouble of updating the game and improving the balance of play and C, that the 'fair-play' system is being used as a smoke-screen to conceal the inadequacies of the game.

Fair-play? Fair to whom?

It may be possible that you are getting ahead of yourself in believing you have posted comments that are currently in your mind rather than have already posted. It may also be possible that you are alluding to another post on another similar topic that you may have posted but not on this thread?

There are so many threads of a similar nature I can understand how you may have got confused, but please do not level the accusation at me that I've not read and answered the correct post HND.

You have a nice day.....

IK

ok, awaiting the exponent of the last word, better be quick as I'm off out for the day, wouldn't want you to think that your next insult wouldn't be seen.....lol

Post edited by BM ang1243 on

I am against cheating, use of bots and general douchebaggery (those that indulge in such tactics know who you are and many others can spot you also).

• It's not the concept of fair play rules I'm against is the way that no body under the top few alliances got to speak about them why not the biggest alliances on the server this would help stop loads of people being annoyed borderline angry. 
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
  • cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) Posts: 272GB1
    Hi Overlord

The rules or guidelines are being written by multiple alliances and using any diplomatic input people want to make. They are not being dictated by the 'big' alliances and are designed to help all :)

If you want to read them and make points then contact a diplomat from one of the 'bigger' alliances and ask them to include you or the diplomatic rep from your alliance in the diplomats skype room.

Thanks
    Cheryl 
    Hi Overlord

I stand by my answer to your question. If it's something that interests you then give it a try. That way you can make you mind up for yourself rather than rely on HND's viewpoint. I tend to avoid the forum since I find it is rarely a place of genuine discussion and more increasingly becoming a place for personal attacks. Since this is a game that I play for fun, I choose not to waste my time that way but felt your specific question should be answered. I hope the information is useful to you and wish you all the best in the game. 

Kind Regards
    Cheryl
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • marc58 (GB1)marc58 (GB1) Posts: 836GB1
    HND why oh why do you spoil every post with your winging about CG and CG and CG and CG ooh and CG, I would say 95% of people like me see you post and just skip (thanks GGE for post skips) to next one as the content of your post are CG,CG,CG and CG.If u have such a dislike to this alliance then burn them all or maybe try candy crush.

Overlord I think what Cheryl said would be a great idea get your self involved, if u don't use skype get yourself around some of the bigger alliance's and have a chat and put your points over ;-)

HND will skip your next post so don't bother as fed up with reading your daily whinges
  • I might try to ask to get involved more but i'll need to learn a bit more about diplomacy 
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

"Oo! I've got an idea!"
Sign In to comment.