Wings for speed, do we really need them ?

Byronikus (INT1)Byronikus (INT1) Posts: 22
edited 16.09.2016 in General Discussion
Don't get me wrong, i LOVE the wings, it's what the game needs, faster actions infront of your eyes to keep you on the screen, rather than doing something else till attack reaches,

but GGE like an A class drug dealer, gave us the first samples for free (glory competition) , we got addicted and now has us hooked, been waiting for that competition for so long.. 5ers and 10ers on kala doesnt cut it.. atleast make the spies always go wing speed!

So im wondering , wouldn't it be better if we scrap wings all together? go back as it was, stop taunting us gge :(

love to hear your thoughts about the wings issue.

Byronikus

Comments

• You must be joking! Use them sensibly and they will last. Stop encouraging GGE to scrap them so we have to pay rubies to save time. 
    Don't know how you play the game but I will quit if we lose wings. Without them it's too slow or too expensive!
    Senior Speedy @ en 1
  • marc58 (GB1)marc58 (GB1) Posts: 836GB1
    You must be joking! Use them sensibly and they will last. Stop encouraging GGE to scrap them so we have to pay rubies to save time. 
    Don't know how you play the game but I will quit if we lose wings. Without them it's too slow or too expensive!

What did u do before ??????????????????.....but if your wasting on spying then u will run out
  • hornby19 (GB1)hornby19 (GB1) Posts: 821GB1
    i love wings...now give us an alli tourney so we can stock up ffs lol

All views are my own, and they are not related to my alliance in any way at all. You all got that?? 
  • No please don't scrap wings and make pvp even harder :( 

Not active ingame anymore  [email protected] (back again) 

[email protected] 

Non-ruby buyer 

[email protected] ResilientEmpire 

Pop me a PM ingame or on forums if you want to join :) 

My loot, first week back: 

• Personally the wings have been a great introduction , For PVP it saves a fortune on sending quickly.

I have always received/used the free ones, 

~Ultra
    Disclaimer:
    Everything I say is strictly personal opinion and not in relation to my alliance or affiliates.

Ultra - First and Last.
    Back to Break Some Balls - You Miss Me ?
    Poking the bear since 2013.
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    Having played pre and post wings I think in general terms the vast majority of players would agree that the introduction of wings has largely had a positive impact on the game in terms of benefiting particularly non ruby players and improving their ability to support and attack more successfully.  Players can stockpile wings in the event of a war and they are important in allowing non ruby players to be more competitive in events when combined with clever use of speed commanders, return speed gems and a high volume approach.  They actually support the development of non ruby buyers and whilst it can I appreciate be frustrating if you are very active and burn through them quickly you probably just need to vary your strategy slightly and recognise that you can't compete every time with the biggest spenders but need more to focus on competing selectively.  It's worked for me to a degree.  

If what you are asking about is the wait between sending attacks and that frustration then what you might like to consider is taking a one event on and one event off approach building a high number of troops and shipping them to green to hit every other event rerecruiting between events and staggering attacks from your main and your three outposts so you have a rolling programme of attacks so there is always an attack hitting or returning - the continuous motion approach.  It's generally how a lot of the top looters work.  

I think given the current war thread an alliance tournament would seem extremely unlikely.  

Batten @ en 1
  • Don't get me wrong, i LOVE the wings, it's what the game needs, faster actions infront of your eyes to keep you on the screen, rather than doing something else till attack reaches,

but GGE like an A class drug dealer, gave us the first samples for free (glory competition) , we got addicted and now has us hooked, been waiting for that competition for so long.. 5ers and 10ers on kala doesnt cut it.. atleast make the spies always go wing speed!

So im wondering , wouldn't it be better if we scrap wings all together? go back as it was, stop taunting us gge :(

Byronikus
    Haha! So your saying GGS should scrap one of the best ideas they've had in recent times because 1 person can't manage his collection of feathers. Talk about selfishness...
    Quit UK1. Now a full time tester!
    Midnight Zone (Test Server)

• so something like doubling the amount of the wings you win now in events would be a decent move.. they nerfed it too much.

I dont get why thats selfish i was exaggerating to emfasize my point brah

• Look at the quote I used. You said you think it would be best to scrap them all together because you don't win very much, but you do actually win quite a few its just how you manage them that matters and thats down to you, not GGS. Doubling them would be great idea, it would mean we could use them more freely than we are right now,  but you never said before so I don't get why your saying I'm wrong for calling your idea in your ONLY post selfish and claiming you said something else. And I'm pretty sure you weren't 'exaggerating to emfasize my point brah', it sounds like an excuse after realising your idea was quite preposterous.
    Quit UK1. Now a full time tester!
    Midnight Zone (Test Server)

• BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    Surely anything is better than nothing? If they're completely gone then surely we're in a worse position than having them only every now and then?
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• My misses swears by her wings. she tells me it keeps her panty liners in place. please dont deprive her of her wings please....
  • Byronikus (INT1)Byronikus (INT1) Posts: 22
    edited 18.09.2016
    Look at the quote I used. You said you think it would be best to scrap them all together because you don't win very much, but you do actually win quite a few its just how you manage them that matters and thats down to you, not GGS. Doubling them would be great idea, it would mean we could use them more freely than we are right now,  but you never said before so I don't get why your saying I'm wrong for calling your idea in your ONLY post selfish and claiming you said something else. And I'm pretty sure you weren't 'exaggerating to emfasize my point brah', it sounds like an excuse after realising your idea was quite preposterous.
    "5ers and 10ers on kala doesnt cut it.. atleast make the spies always go wing speed! "

yea 5ers and 10ers dont cut it, 10ers and 20's are better so worth making a topic (for The haunted one to haunt me over) and also suggesting making spies faster.

Why the hate brah ?

*edit : Look at the title "do we really need them ? then i start with dont get me wrong i love them" Yes i was exaggerating OFCOURSE we need'em and more of em thats the whole point now stop spreading hate atleast if you don't have anything better to do here, cheers.

• "CM Evoke said:
    Hey guys,

Since the Alliance Tournament is such a hot topic currently in regards to what could be improved, but mostly for the the lack thereof we have decided to open this thread series, to discuss this event from all aspects"

lol i bet the haunted one is sad

• i love wings...now give us an alli tourney so we can stock up ffs lol
    Last alliance tournament of all time (probably) is live right now :)
  • Lukiluuk2007 (NL1)Lukiluuk2007 (NL1) Posts: 28
    edited 05.10.2016
    Its gone here.....

Months to implement our ideas, nothing changed and its screwed up again.

Slowing Tactics by inviting german players into the office again on the 14th, meanwhile doing nothing at all, ow wait yes, setting up a list of bugs to fix to vote for is all you come up with, should be fixed long time ago instead of talking about it.

So lets say you want more sex with your partner and he/she comes up with a list to talk about for a month of 4., yeah right.

No development, be honest and say when u are stopping this game and STOP offering !!

Former leader United Inc. and General Demolition The Netherlands
    Retired from rankings because of being tired explaining GGS lies over and over again
    Being banned by Steve due to racism calling him a lyer
    Almost 5 years experience GG$ lying and cheating grabbing your money
  • hamsters1 (GB1)hamsters1 (GB1) Posts: 222GB1
    Soo 5 or 10 wings at a time doesn't cut it for you?  Tough luck , 5 wings means 5 occasions where you can travel quickly without using rubies and you seem to be suggesting either give us no wings or more thats a bit ill thought out i think. Try not using your feathers for spying they might last a bit longer that way send a spy out using coins , set up a few RBC hits and by the time you have done that the spy report is in.
    hamsters1 @ en 1
  • Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234
    Don't get me wrong, i LOVE the wings, it's what the game needs, faster actions infront of your eyes to keep you on the screen, rather than doing something else till attack reaches,

Byronikus
    What are you using your flags on?

I use mine to spy FLs, hit FLs, hit real players, spy real players if far enough, and occasionally for sending resources or support too. I still have lots. Nearly 1k. I use them regularly.

I never use them on Nomads, Sams, or anything else that costs less than 100 rubies. Even things costing 100 - 300 I'm usually not going to use them on. I use them on FLs because I spy the same one multiple times sometimes and 5 minutes for a spy is too long.

You said; "So im wondering , wouldn't it be better if we scrap wings all together? go back as it was, stop taunting us gge :("

I think it's fair for people to assume you're suggesting they be removed. So.
    it sounds like an excuse after realising your idea was quite preposterous.
    Well said.
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
Sign In to comment.