Home English (UK) News from the world of Empire

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Kala's Contest Display Issue

Comments

• redled (US1)redled (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    No surprise her. As usual GGE have messed up.
    With less nomads they try to force us to buy more banners.

Why do i even bother.... This will just be another thread with complaining that GGE
    NEVER will look at anyway..
     That's rude, you try to design a game like this, besides there are millions that would argue with you.

Current Member of TNP Family
  • redled (US1)redled (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    No surprise her. As usual GGE have messed up.

Why do i even bother.... This will just be another thread with complaining that GGE
     That's rude, you try to design a game like this, besides there are millions that would argue with you.
    Oh and they don't 'force' you to buy anything you are just salty and making up excuses to say your not able to beat them.

Current Member of TNP Family
  • outlaw_always (US1)outlaw_always (US1) US1 Posts: 1,336
    edited 15.09.2016
    Hello @CMEvoke ,

Couple things... first off don't make the foreign lord type events more than 2 or 3 days... no one hits that long, and coin is an issue for lower level players if you don't add nomads every once in a while. 
    More banners for rewards. Probably won't make that happen but whatever. 
    I agree with whoever said that it would be nice if the tablet milestones would be more. No one is going to get an extra 1500 tablets to get the last reward.... of 300 tablets... stands to reason. 

outlaw_always

Guardian of the Sword Outlaw_Always the Fearless
    Joined June 2016:
    AF: Riders
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    CM Evoke said:

Hey guys,

Edit; Nomad Invasion should run tomorrow, Berimond will be decided upon testing.

We apologize for any confusion that this has caused.

- Rosie
    Now THIS is a glitch that I can appreciate!  I would much rather have Nomads tomorrow than Green Beri.  B)
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Scandy (GB1)Scandy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 122
    Some feedback

1) Parellel events are fine, just make sure you avoid overlapping things that are too similar. Nomads and Sams at the same time are a bore. I'd hate to see FL and BC at the same time. Also think of the sequencing - FL followed by Beri Invasion followed by BC will be a huge coins drain and make it very hard for players that do not have high level towers yet.

2) Blood Crows are as everyone says just an FL clone. How about simply changing them so they can't be tool cleared and introduce much better prizes for less glory. That would be much more realistic and much harder (which is why the prizes must be given at lower levels). That would make them very different. Alternatively make BC a very short event well flagged in advance so every attack lands in 6 hours. That would mean support and defense would be quite different

3) The problem with the Base Food Production item was that it was way too cheap. Re-introduce it but make it much more expensive

4) LET US FINISH BERI FOR ONCE

5) Bring back the alliance tournament

6) A wild thought - how about an Alliance Ranking based on wars working like a ping pong ladder. Start with The current MP ranking but then shift as a function of wars, an alliance can move up by challenging any alliance in the two places above it to a 24h war starting within 72 hours (defender choses time). If you don't accept you forfeit. The winner is the one that collected the most Honour in those 24 hours

This would have to come with cool down periods and bonuses making it worth climbing the ladder, but it would bring more PvP and could be quite fun.

• marc58 (GB1)marc58 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 836
    Bring back part of the old Beri leaving so of the new in

Leave in ; No HP loss, No Glory Lost, New camp when yours is lost ( means you don't have friends lol)

Bring back: capture of camps, less tower hits so event can be finished, reach capital ( impossible now), last man standing  

Allow us to have some fun.....work as a team .....make new friends and some new enemy's
  • Thanks CM Evoke for once you guys (and girls) listen to us, and sent nomads as scheduled.

Big smile from me.. :)

Van Snott @ skn 1
  • No surprise her. As usual GGE have messed up.

I am a software designer, i work with business critical  software who are way more complicated than this game every day. So i know that the only way to make complex systems to work is organisation, organisation and organisation. Make plans and stick to them. And that's what where GGE goes wrong. I really hope the reorganization of the company will help. 

Van Snott @ skn 1
  • Bambinol (US1)Bambinol (US1) US1 Posts: 42
    edited 15.09.2016
    Hey Evoke,
    just a few observations and requests i thought about B)

bring back the alliance tourney let it run for 4 days :|:|
    cut down on WoR time its becoming monotonous :/

will storm island ever get an upgrade its too boring no fun in there anymore :p

BRING BACK the ALCHEMIST >:) pse!! it will allow players loot more towers on the green map also introduce prizes for highest loot totals per player in week...like an 800PP PO item we will all loot like crazy ;)

cheers :)
    sgt Bambino

• EdMohrmann (US1)EdMohrmann (US1) US1 Posts: 127

Alliance Tournament - my only participation is in defending members of our alliance who are attacked
       Otherwise, don't care for this event at all.   Been playing wargames for over 50 years and this is the
       ONLY ONE where you cannot knock an enemy out of  the game.  Of course, to do so removes a
       revenue producer for GGS, so...

Bloodcrows - stupid event, in conception and execution.  Again, my participation is in defending
      alliance members who are attacked.  Just designed to mulct more $$ from players.

FI frequency/defender numbers - spot on, most comments heretofore.  I cannot believe GGS'  fond boast
      that the FI castles are based upon reality in another country server.  Fie !  Hit one of our alliance's
      MC's and you'll be hitting between 1500 and 7,000 defenders, NO attack troops !  And with well-
      stocked defense tools as well.  With 10 FI castles, it seems that maybe GGS could have 7 or so with
      the bland crap defenses we've come to expect, but with a couple really worth hitting with banners.
      I have not done a single FI hit during the current event  -  not worth it.

Game structure - the current abandon rate seems pretty high, players  with whom I've interacted via
      PM for  3 years are dropping out, and these are 70/120 plus levels.   The cost has gotten too high
      AND the 'boring' quotient higher still.  Frankly, I stay in to help the lower  levels in our alliance
      and higher levels who have grown too fast and need reso and defense help. And I enjoy the relationships
      I've built over  the years.  I am not in the game for  'conquest,' since there is none, but do like
      challenges.   One of the few challenges every month is how best to maximize Storm Islands from 
      an offensive standpoint, better to build or transfer troops, buildings stat or grow - those sorts of ??'s
      Consideration might profitably be given to creating a three-tiered game - a 'beginner' level game for
      players less than NN level (no idea  what but I'd consider 35), a 'journeyman' level for  those  who
      want to play a more strident style, but who don't want to take our third mortgages in order to remain
      competitive in the game, and finally a 'master' class, for the hard-cores who insist on having alts and
      multi's (yeah, GGS, it really happens, and you DON'T CARE) and who like to spend hundreds if not
      thousands on rubies and 'special offers'.
    EdMohrmann @ usa 1
  • why is berimond not coming i am waiting it for more than 45 days
  • kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    Remove Brazil form the sequence of countries used in the Foreign Invasion.  With 70% of the players in Brazil belonging the same alliance family, they do not attack each other and therefore have no need for defensive troops.  I am not saying the other choices are good but or that there should not be more defenders present in Romania, Germany, Spain Etc.  but they are nothing like the poorly defended Brazil.

If you look at that complaints about lousy targets you get from the Foreign Invasions.  They almost triple when Brazil is the opponent.  Right now we are facing Brazil.  I have had one out 50 castles with more than 1000 troops there and most of them were assault troops.  If you look at the US I bet 1 out 50 level 70 (active) have less than 1000 defenders in their main.

You claim you base the castles on reality, fine but Brazil does not match up with reality of the other servers.

kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • jeremey (NL1)jeremey (NL1) Posts: 19
    edited 15.09.2016
    CM Evoke said:
     if you have any more feedback regarding the balance of the events, rewards and frequency feel free let us know here. It would be very interesting for us to find out more details for example, how many defenders you would like to see per camp instead of the mentioned 500, and perhaps what sort of rewards you like for these events.

The rewards of the Foreign Invasion changed a while ago (and so did bloodcrows since its a copy). I would like the old rewards back (personal progress) since these rewards we got now are only worse than we used to get.

For example we used to get 10 lucky coins (the ones you get rubies from). Now we get zero of them.
    The amount of demon-troops (or however they are called in English) we used to get is reduced quite a lot.

Also.. why is the alliance decoration reward still 240? When in other events you all get decorations of 325, 350?

jeremey @ nl 1
  • CM Evoke said:

If you have any other major topics you would like to discuss in regards to game features and mechanics, ....... Feel free to PM me or create a thread so that others can get involved .........
    - Rosie
    any chance you could answer my PM ?
    MightyHawklord @ en 1
    leader of the mighty dragon legion
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid
    registered Linux user 476319
    registered machine 408663

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/334430/unfair-practice-from-ggs-support
  • Tyr (US1)Tyr (US1) US1 Posts: 44
    this game has become boring everyone in my alliance is saying so. Bloodcrows are joke and the FI invasion is too long. then you throw a 3rd kala event with the same equipment at us. I have 2 sets I dont need a third. Should have made a commander set for the 3rd kala event. 
    Tyr @ usa 1
  • Tyr (US1) said:
    this game has become boring everyone in my alliance is saying so. Bloodcrows are joke and the FI invasion is too long. then you throw a 3rd kala event with the same equipment at us. I have 2 sets I dont need a third. Should have made a commander set for the 3rd kala event. 
    YOU JUST GOT GGE'D!

Foreign Invasion event was too long - So they shortened it by calling it something different FI mk2.

Just goes to show that even the information they pass back is totally ignored.

~Ultra
    Disclaimer:
    Everything I say is strictly personal opinion and not in relation to my alliance or affiliates.

Ultra - First and Last.
    Back to Break Some Balls - You Miss Me ?
    Poking the bear since 2013.
  • What is the current schedule again. What event is after nomads and the one after that and when are they starting I can't tell from the first post if it is current or not?
  • Hanzolo (US1)Hanzolo (US1) US1 Posts: 896
    Please include berimond invasion....
    #TheDreamLivesOn

Hanzolo @ Canada1

• A.M.17 (INT1)A.M.17 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 71
    CM Evoke said:
    Hey guys,

Really appreciate your honest and detailed feedback here, I believe it's one of the first times we share the sequence of events so it's really valuable for us to get your first impressions. 

Will make sure to pass this additional feedback onto the team, if you have any more feedback regarding the balance of the events, rewards and frequency feel free let us know here. It would be very interesting for us to find out more details for example, how many defenders you would like to see per camp instead of the mentioned 500, and perhaps what sort of rewards you like for these events.

In the coming days I will create a couple of poll threads where we can discuss this in a more indepth way, rewards for the events in general and how we can improve them and the alliance tournament; who would like to see it more often and how we could possibly optimize it.

Of course these are not the only big topics right now, but I believe it's a good place to start as a way to also transition the responsibility from CM Arcanine to myself to represent you guys. Right now, I would like to get a more accurate feel for the amount of players that would like to see certain changes, so we can try to improve the game in the direction that also suits everyone in the best possible way, or likewise to at least give a satisfactory reason on why we decide at the time that something would not work well with the harmony of the game.

If you have any other major topics you would like to discuss in regards to game features and mechanics, for example having separate brackets in events for legendary players. Feel free to PM me or create a thread so that others can get involved or back you up encase they agree. Then we can try to prioritize them and work on the most important ones for you first.

- Rosie

Honestly the only thing that keeps me from playing this event is that you get negligible amount of coins each attack 3-4k

even if I made 20k per attack that would be awesome, but this is ridiculous

• ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    A lot of bugs in the game... sooner they're sorted the better :D:p lol....
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

Sign In to comment.