We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Make it much faster to recruit troops

I know goodgame has made it intentionally slow to train troops, because they want us to buy them instead.

But I think they should consider making it much faster for the following reasons:

The troops you can train are much worse than the ones you can buy, so ruby whales will still buy premium troops. So that should not be a reason for slow troop recruitment. You will not lose money goodgame.

The vast majority of players do not buy troops. So letting them recruit faster means they can participate more actively in events and wars. More activity and attacking from the player base can only be a good thing for the game.

Make the drill ground give a HUGE bonus to recruiting speed. Increase the cost of it to balance it out. You will then earn money from this goodgame. Most players won't buy troops, but they will more likely spend rubies/money on a permanent boost.

This would make it more fun to play this game, as you wouldn't need to sit all day at the computer just recruiting, which is utterly boring and makes my wrists hurt!
MrKennyKRH lvl 800 @ skn 1

Comments

• Estel (GB1)Estel (GB1) Posts: 270
    @CM Popeye 
    Look at the comment above and please make it happen.
  • Getting rid of the lag/bugs would be much better as I could recruit 1+1 or 2+1 insteadof 5+1 now (and when the lags really bad even that goes off with a good 80k feast and 4 slots)
    also making us convert two melee attackers into one ranged of the same type (or vice-versa if that floats your boat) could help shorten up ranged shortage, I have an army of melee at one op as well as another army of mostly melee, and everywhere else is higher melee count despite always recruiting range
    Finally managed to set up an account again yipee. Time 8 I think
    Whats the deal with 7k food storehouses? (I be like 40 minute power naps to stop my 2k troops deserting lol)

(LurRuler - of castle omikron Percei8 and future king of UK1 server
     Level 70 - leg 5 the Fearless at UK 1 @Pugnare Sculls - best alliance ever.
     Non- ruby buyer playing since 7th of July - 8pm approx.) OLD ACCOUNT GONE NOW

New Account - [email protected] UK1 treasurer at Birds of Prey
    Level 48 - the terrible non ruby buyer started Wednesday the 8th at 5 pm-ish

NUFF SAID

• MrKennyKRH (SKN1)MrKennyKRH (SKN1) Posts: 300
    edited 10.09.2016
    Getting rid of the lag/bugs would be much better as I could recruit 1+1 or 2+1 insteadof 5+1 now (and when the lags really bad even that goes off with a good 80k feast and 4 slots)
    also making us convert two melee attackers into one ranged of the same type (or vice-versa if that floats your boat) could help shorten up ranged shortage, I have an army of melee at one op as well as another army of mostly melee, and everywhere else is higher melee count despite always recruiting range
    So what do you think is easier to implement for goodgame, fix all lag/bugs or give the drill grounds a huge boost to recruiting??

Empire has always been laggy/buggy, so doubt that will change
  • My alliance is at war at the moment, and we are mostly using coin-troops now. But we have run out of steam, because it takes forever to recruit a new army. Maybe some people think this is alright, but you have to admit that it would be more fun to have more attacks. People have jobs and can't sit all day recruiting. 

Also goodgames would probably earn some rubies from people buying tools if it was possible to recruit much faster and attack more often.
  • Martok (HIS1)Martok (HIS1) Posts: 66HIS1
    Another option would be to allow troops to be recruited over a much longer period of say 24 hours, particularly if the feast could be extended that long.

That way you could go to work and expect another full army when you get home.

I dont enjoy constantly clicking to recruit all the time, we are here to have fun, not just sit there clicking mice.

I dont buy troops in offers unless I get such an offer at the time I was going to buy rubies anyway with a prime time at the same time, but I do buy ruby tools. If I could recruit more troops I could send out more attacks, and would need to buy more ruby tools to cover it.
  • BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    When I'm playing I recruit about 320 troops an hour, that equates to about 7.5k troops every day, I don't think speeds need to be increased
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

OK for those that have no life, but to send an army of 1.5K would require you to sit there clicking for several hours.

I have better things to do than that. I dont mind if I can just set them away and then walk away and do something else, but if I have to keep going back and clicking again every 10 minutes in order to get that many troops then I am not interested.

Thats why I think a longer period that you can recruit over would be more desireable even if there is a cap placed on the number of troops that can be recruited so that it is still worth buying troops, or winning them in the events.

I open up all 5 recruitment slots every week, and still dont manage to get big armies without devoting an entire day or more to recruiting.
    I have a life, and other interests as well as work, and other jobs at home to do. an entire day sitting here is a lot of time to waste.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,672
    well thoretically its possible however to be able to recruit that many without ruby you would have to recruit 1+1 which means (dependant on PO you are looking at approx 12 min cycle times by that i mean you have to cycle through all 7 castles clicking only recruit 1 troop 5 times, then you have to cycle through all again clicking on alliance help.  and you have to repeat for all 7 castles.  cycling through all the castles takes what 2-3 mins to recruit 1+1.  so that means you have 9 mins to either play the game or do something else but you have to have to be at your PC ever 12 mins for 2-3 mins 24 hrs a day without fail plus you have to also enusre that alliance help is pressed every time for the full 24 hrs too.  So not the easiest thing to do.

But there is not many people that could effectivly be sat at their PC effectivly 24 hrs a day straight!!!!!!

So i would suggest without cheating ie using automation to recruit for you, 7.5k troops recruited in 24 hrs is not attainable, in fact no where near that amount is attainable if you like to eat and sleep.  If you look at the vast majority of  Troop recruiting Nobilities (before you could buy them!) they were won around the 3000 troops in 24 hours mark and that obviously the best recruiter on the server getting that many the decently active player getting around 1000 troops a day thats roughly 4 hrs a day sitting at your PC non stop recruiting 1+1!!!

thats one army every 3 days by sitting there 4 hrs straight each day.  which can be easily gone in less than 20 mins in a PVP battle.  So 12 hrs recruiting gone 1 click of the Attack button.  Factor in replacing Defense troops of what say 4000 def troops gone in one good incoming?  that means if you play 4 hours solid recruiting 1+1 every single day, you can send 1 attack and defend 1 attack per week!!!   28 hrs solid recruiting for 1 single att and 1 defense!!!  28 hrs going bug eyes clicking tens of thousands of times over many hours for what? 20  mins actual PvP gameplay? And they wonder why Pvp is dead.  And thats before you factor in the tooling costs!

I agree that recruiting is a problem, why not ask GGE's board of directors to recruit 7000 troops ie just about enough for 1 6  wave att and 1 defense.  And see how many of them actually achieve 7000 troops without getting so board they jump out of a window, and for the ones that do how many weeks it takes them to manage it.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Estel (GB1)Estel (GB1) Posts: 270
    edited 14.09.2016
    When I'm playing I recruit about 320 troops an hour, that equates to about 7.5k troops every day, I don't think speeds need to be increased
    So how long do you play for? 15hrs a day?
    @ang1243 (GB1)
    Not everybody has that much time
    and as Philt said above it is not possible to recruit 7.5k troops a day even with feast and 1+1.
  • I think ggs should stop forcing people into buying rubies because the people who want to buy them will stop and they will have no income insted they should try to attract more players by adding features that don't benefit rubie buyers only so they can get new buyers this way they are leading themselves into they're own doom
    Yes, but they should also do more to stop the cheating.

I wouldnt tollerate any form of cheating, particularly the use of programes to assist in recruiting, and the mods should be checking any account that does manage to continue to recruit for 24 hours solid, and block any players that are doing this.

When someone comes on here suggesting they can recruit 7.5K troops a day it does sound awfully suspicious doesnt it.
    If I could recruit that many I wouldnt complain about slow troop recruitment.

Can a mod look into this please before this game ends up on the online game trash heap.

Like others I have spent quite a bit on this game, it is a good game, but it relies too much on you buying troops with ruby offers.
    I stopped doing that a long time ago, but still buy ruby tools. if I could recruit at a sensible rate I wouldnt mind being in wars and would ultimately end up spending more on things like shield walls.

The multis and password sharers, and certainly anyone recruiting with automation software should be banned, but we also need a much easier way to recruit normal troops. that way we have some troops to hit other players with even if we dont have 16+ hours a day to play this game.
    Some of us do have lives outside GGE. it needs to be something you can just click on and then leave, and come back a couple of hours later to quickly do something else.

A few different events would be nice too of course, without taking an existing event, slapping a new name tag on it and calling it something new as they have with blood crows.
    Maybe something that encourages PVP hits, but recruitment needs to be improved first before they start encoraging more PVP hits.
    Woul;dnt mind being hit if I could replace my troops in a day, but with the time I have it takes weeks to replace an army of troops.
  • BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836

Is that a confession?
    I lol'd that :p
    I said when I'm playing, I don't play much these days ;)
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

Sign In to comment.