Home English (UK) Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

BUG - OLD MESSAGES DELETED FROM ARCHIVE

Here is screenshot:

If I put message in Archive, i want to be able to still read it after 7 months.
Please, fix it.

Comments

• TwistedMind (GB1)TwistedMind (GB1) Posts: 309
    edited 19.08.2016
    That is not a bug...

Play game for one year and and eight months, and never been able to save messages for such a long period of time...
    Do not know how much time a messaged stay in archive..
    But makes some sense to not keep such old messages to overload the system...

This is a lesser problem!..
    With all serious and annoying bugs we have and that seriously affect the game-play!..

I see, that you are good taking screen shots..
    So better take the initiative to make your own screenshots of that reports you want to keep forever... /allegedly.

There is other bug priority, and this one is not one of them.. /in spite that i think it is not really a bug but it is only quite impossible to keep messages for such a long time due to system constant maintenance.. /this is not like an email account...

Seriously!
    Post edited by TwistedMind (GB1) on

httpsikinja-imgcomgawker-mediaimageuploads--XyQ7zT-V--c_fitfl_progressiveq_80w_636d840ldmbc8smsqrrdxyvgif
                          @MarchOfTheDamn
  • Seriously?

You talking BS.
    We are already limited to only 20 messages so you are right in the part that it is not email account.
    20 messages can't even overload your mobile phone, not to mention big fat game server no matter how many accounts are on it!
    Believe me, database doesn't care if message is old 10 days or 10 years. If they can save my castle name, they can also save messages in my Archive.

And don't tell me to make screenshots - it was forwardable battle report. It was ARCHIVED with reason. When you make screenshot you can tinker it with Photoshop loosing authentic data, not to mention I would need multiple screens to save data about all waves and flanks....
  • i think reports are a bit hard to keep over 6 months, even after 3-4 months comms or casts bonuses are lost, i see that for foreigns.
    but if archive is limited, u right, i want to keep it forever, else how to call it "archive"?
    edited 20.08.2016
    "What is understood does not need to be discussed!"

Which is not your case!

So i explain it again as you were 5yo!

1st - this is not a bug, and even if it was a bug there are other bug priorities that are really affecting the game play off all players "this is totally... insignificant compared to really bigger problems game have "

2nd - you can archive up to ten messages, which does not include battle or spy reports cause they will vanish after time limit, so you archive it at your own risk.. or did not you know battle and spy reports have time validity

3rd - screenshots are constantly used between alliances as proof of something, but if do not even trust in yourself cause you have temptation to change it in "photoshop" or other it really is your problem,

4th - screenshots are also constantly used by real active players.. so if it was the case 10 messages archived is a small grain of sand.. so if you are crying for such a useless thing, that shows you and your alliance have nothing really important to do, cause the "suppose archived" was already full of evidences..

Finally if you were so wise to record screen activity and save it as a gif to do the above, take some initiative and do the same to battle reports you want to keep!
    Take some action!

So what your are claiming is complete nonsense!
    People here in the game for more time than you and me and this was never really a problem or an issue..
    So use your head and go through it, like other people do!...
    Always worst are other things you just can not "go through it".

Ps
    This are some real bugs to worry about in case you did not noticed yet:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/316566/5yrs-of-bugs-summary#latest
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/316926/another-bug#latest
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/316830/alliance-member-ditails-popup#latest
    and the list goes on...

This not being a bug. and if you only wanted to make a suggestion you just put wrong title, cause no bug in here, and wrong session cause it is not "technical assistance", but ideas/suggestion and feedback.

httpsikinja-imgcomgawker-mediaimageuploads--XyQ7zT-V--c_fitfl_progressiveq_80w_636d840ldmbc8smsqrrdxyvgif
                          @MarchOfTheDamn
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 730
    Other bugs being more serious bugs doesn't imply that a nonfunctioning archive cannot be a bug.

An archive that doesn't store things for a long time is not an archive.

So either give it another name or don't delete messages in the archive. As long as it's called archive and deletes archived documents, I would call it a bug. Ultimately only GGS people can say whether something is truly a bug or not.

What the game apparently expects us to do is to make our own out-of-game archives of screenshots of documents we want to keep, because the in-game "archive" will destroy the original documents after 6 months.

Or perhaps GGS doesn't expect people to keep playing the game for more than 6 months?

Wiglema (NL1)
    edited 20.08.2016
    Other bugs being more serious bugs doesn't imply that a nonfunctioning archive cannot be a bug.

So either give it another name or don't delete messages in the archive. As long as it's called archive and deletes archived documents, I would call it a bug. Ultimately only GGS people can say whether something is truly a bug or not.

What the game apparently expects us to do is to make our own out-of-game archives of screenshots of documents we want to keep, because the in-game "archive" will destroy the original documents after 6 months.

Or perhaps GGS doesn't expect people to keep playing the game for more than 6 months?

I see that you just do not know what you write, and write what you do not know!

So i make a draw for you and  NoPainNoGainFTW (US1) ,
    once you feel so sad about it and what to keep just a miserable ten messages forever including spy/battle reports:

- 1st sign in Forum
    - 2nd click on
    Categories
    - 3rd click on Ideas, Suggestions and Feedback
    - 4th click on the Blue Box that says New Discussion where you can chose a new discussion topic or ask a question

Then you free to write your thoughts and ideas about the miserable archived messages you want to keep and see if someone lesson to you or pay attention..

Here is the wrong session cause it has been always that way: spy/battle reports are limited in time for so many reasons.. some old players already confirmed this.

So if it is not a bug, neither a problem in the game this post should not be in Technical Assistance at all!

So you both join together.. and take your lovely idea about archived messages to the right Session in Forum...

Is it so hard to understand?
    The game as other more real problems to deal with.. things that need immediate Technical Assistance!.. Which is not the case.. so you are polluting Technical Assistance area..

@MarchOfTheDamn
    edited 20.08.2016
    Hi @TwistedMind (GB1), good to see that you are so concerned with the proper use of the forum.

Perhaps you can post a screenshot of where it says (in-game or in an official statement from a CM) that messages in the so-called archive will be deleted after 6 months. If it's a feature, it should be documented somewhere, right?

After you post that screenshot, I will write a new post in the suggestions forum to propose to change the name "archive" to something that better describes its functionality.

Apart from that, it would be nice if you could please treat people in a respectful manner. That keeps the forum a decent place to visit.

What a nice maneuver...

httpiimgurcomllFdlh6jpg

@MarchOfTheDamn
  • Is this the best answer you can give?
    It seems you are not so far from 5yo kids, at least mentally.

Anyway, I would really want to know the way you are using this BUG,
    because this is the only logical reason why you are so desperately wanting this BUG not to be fixed.
    edited 22.08.2016
    Is this the best answer you can give?
    It seems you are not so far from 5yo kids, at least mentally.

Anyway, I would really want to know the way you are using this BUG,
    because this is the only logical reason why you are so desperately wanting this BUG not to be fixed.
    Now i see how you dance!
    httpiimgurcomQMUc9r7gif
    Loooolll!....

But my dance it is just another one!
    httpiimgurcomGjJGtSWjpg

@MarchOfTheDamn
  • Now you started to spam again, avoiding to answer my question
    edited 22.08.2016
    Now you started to spam again, avoiding to answer my question
    httpsuproxxfileswordpresscom201401chris-traeger-literallygifw650h395

I already answered your question right in the first post, i made on this thread!

You just do not understand or pretend that you do not understand!
    Or, maybe you just can not reach it!...

@MarchOfTheDamn
  • Well how is that possible if I didn't asked anything before your first post?
    It seems that you lost focus again, so I will help you by repeating the question:

@TwistedMind (GB1) Tell us please, how you are using Archive BUG?

• Well how is that possible if I didn't asked anything before your first post?
    It seems that you lost focus again, so I will help you by repeating the question:

@TwistedMind (GB1) Tell us please, how you are using Archive BUG?

Okay, NoPainNoGainFTW  you can take it!
    It is all yours!...
    httpthemetapicturecommediafunny-gif-motorcycle-crash-fencegif
    Auuuch, that might hurt a little!
    Ah, just forget it!..

Can not be blamed that i did not try!

@MarchOfTheDamn
  • Instead of spamming random pictures, try to answer my question
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231

Which is not your case!

1st - this is not a bug, and even if it was a bug there are other bug priorities that are really affecting the game play off all players "this is totally... insignificant compared to really bigger problems game have "

2nd - you can archive up to ten messages, which does not include battle or spy reports cause they will vanish after time limit, so you archive it at your own risk.. or did not you know battle and spy reports have time validity

3rd - screenshots are constantly used between alliances as proof of something, but if do not even trust in yourself cause you have temptation to change it in "photoshop" or other it really is your problem,

4th - screenshots are also constantly used by real active players.. so if it was the case 10 messages archived is a small grain of sand.. so if you are crying for such a useless thing, that shows you and your alliance have nothing really important to do, cause the "suppose archived" was already full of evidences..

Finally if you were so wise to record screen activity and save it as a gif to do the above, take some initiative and do the same to battle reports you want to keep!
    Take some action!

People here in the game for more time than you and me and this was never really a problem or an issue..

Ps
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/316566/5yrs-of-bugs-summary#latest
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/316926/another-bug#latest
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/316830/alliance-member-ditails-popup#latest
    and the list goes on...

This not being a bug. and if you only wanted to make a suggestion you just put wrong title, cause no bug in here, and wrong session cause it is not "technical assistance", but ideas/suggestion and feedback.

1st. Who says it's not a bug? Does the archive have a "hint" that tells us messages older than "X" will be deleted? No. It does not. What is an archive? How does it work? If this is not a bug then it's a poorly developed feature. Therefore we should be talking about it. Further, you do not decide for me what is a priority to me on the game I pay to play. What's significant to you could be insignificant to me.

2nd. This is not a sufficient amount in the first place. Archive is posted as at own risk? Or is it posted as an archive feature? Again. I ask you. What is an archive? Again, this tells us that this is a poorly developed feature.

3rd. You are amazingly stupid. Screenshots are not considered an acceptable proof of evidence. Screenshots can be created.

4th. Why did you even make a list for this? You're just saying the same thing over and over. Basically, "this feature doesn't matter to me so quit crying about it". Thanks for your input King Nothing. As someone who plays with the best of the best on multiple servers and is literally the type of person you're talking about. I'm telling you. Screenshots are taken with a grain of salt.

Finally, if you were wise enough to notice that he was able to provide a gif to show the error then you would think you'd be wise enough to know that he has already taken the initiative by posting this thread in the first place.

What he is claiming is absolutely relevant and something I personally care about. The only "nonsense" is coming from you. People like me that spend more time in the game than you do, as you've already admitted, actually DO have a problem with this. Before you speak for us how about you ask us what we think?

There are other bugs, yes, but that doesn't mean that players should be losing archived messages that they wanted to keep. Part of the game is in messages. My first ever big attack, for example, is something I might want to keep in game so I can share with players. What if I have content I want to share with new users? What if I have messages I want to use for teaching my members? What if I've been playing for the last 5 years and my friend that played this game with me that sent me a message before they died. What if I want the original message? Who says I can't keep that?

As long as the archive does not explicitly warn us that messages are deleted after X amount of time then the feature is expected to work as an archive is supposed to work, by definition. If it is not working as an archive is supposed to work then that means the feature is working incorrectly. Therefore, yes, it IS, in-fact, a bug.

This is certainly in the correct section because this is definitely a bug as it's a feature that is not working as intended.

I implore you to learn about what constitutes a "bug" in programming and what an archive is. As well as learning how an archive is supposed to function.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bug

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archive

Also, take a minute and talk to those players you're trying to speak for, because we actually do care about the archive feature. I, can actually speak for them, because I have actually spoke to them about this.

perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.

once you feel so sad about it and what to keep just a miserable ten messages forever including spy/battle reports:

- 1st sign in Forum
    - 2nd click on
    Categories
    - 4th click on the Blue Box that says New Discussion where you can chose a new discussion topic or ask a question

Then you free to write your thoughts and ideas about the miserable archived messages you want to keep and see if someone lesson to you or pay attention..

Here is the wrong session cause it has been always that way: spy/battle reports are limited in time for so many reasons.. some old players already confirmed this.

So if it is not a bug, neither a problem in the game this post should not be in Technical Assistance at all!

So you both join together.. and take your lovely idea about archived messages to the right Session in Forum...

The game as other more real problems to deal with.. things that need immediate Technical Assistance!.. Which is not the case.. so you are polluting Technical Assistance area..

I see you really want to try and be a smartass. Although I've already decimated you in my previous post, I will continue.

I see that you do not know how to write properly in English. Maybe before you talk about what people write you should learn how to write in the first place.

Anyways, this is a worldwide forum, and you likely speak some other languages. So we'll move on to what you say.

You've given an incorrect tutorial to how to properly post a bug report on forums. Again, as others have said. Unless GGS has explicitly stated that messages older than X will be deleted then it is a bug, by definition. I understand you don't have a full grasp of the English language. So maybe you just don't understand. We're not talking about an insect. We're talking about a feature not working correctly.

We are free to write our thoughts in any section of the forums with or without your permission. Thanks for your input though. I will give you your next English lesson now. If only you will listen to the lesson then maybe we will achieve something here. Pay attention, now. A lesson is a period of learning or teaching. To listen is to hear something or to give attention with your hear for hearing something. Now, you can look like a little bit less of a dumbass when you're attempting to be a smartass.

Here is the wrong section because it has always been this way? Therefore all bugs are not bugs because they have always been bugs? You do know what a session is, right? It's not a section. As a player for nearly 2 years (not a long player) I can tell you that any player I have spoke to about this issue considers it a bug. It is not working as an archive should, therefore it is a bug.

So if it is a bug and a problem in the game then this is definitely the correct place to post it. If you're incapable of understanding basic English then you should stick to the forum of your language. Further, if you're not an employee of GGS then you can refrain from telling us what is or isn't a bug.

We will join together and tell you to take your chatter elsewhere as it's not relevant to the thread and you're not a staff member here. If a CM posts it is not a bug, fine. @CM Arcanine should ban you for impersonating staff, otherwise.

Is it so hard to understand? An archive is "an accumulation of historical records or the physical place they are located". This means I should not have to move the historical records that are accumulated on the server in the archive that they are located in because that's the function of the archive. If it doesn't provide that function adequately then it is not actually an archive and is therefore not working as intended. Therefore, it is, in fact, a bug.

You are polluting this thread and forum. Your opinion is irrelevant. Your opinion has no value here. Facts are what matters.

You don't have to like it, but this is a bug, and it's posted in the correct section for the staff to review this issue.

Now, just go away.
    perryl @ USA1 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
    edited 25.08.2016

Which is not your case!

Take some action!

Ps
    and the list goes on...

1st. Who says it's not a bug? Does the archive have a "hint" that tells us messages older than "X" will be deleted? No. It does not. What is an archive? How does it work? If this is not a bug then it's a poorly developed feature. Therefore we should be talking about it. Further, you do not decide for me what is a priority to me on the game I pay to play. What's significant to you could be insignificant to me.

2nd. This is not a sufficient amount in the first place. Archive is posted as at own risk? Or is it posted as an archive feature? Again. I ask you. What is an archive? Again, this tells us that this is a poorly developed feature.

3rd. You are amazingly stupid. Screenshots are not considered an acceptable proof of evidence. Screenshots can be created.

4th. Why did you even make a list for this? You're just saying the same thing over and over. Basically, "this feature doesn't matter to me so quit crying about it". Thanks for your input King Nothing. As someone who plays with the best of the best on multiple servers and is literally the type of person you're talking about. I'm telling you. Screenshots are taken with a grain of salt.

Finally, if you were wise enough to notice that he was able to provide a gif to show the error then you would think you'd be wise enough to know that he has already taken the initiative by posting this thread in the first place.

What he is claiming is absolutely relevant and something I personally care about. The only "nonsense" is coming from you. People like me that spend more time in the game than you do, as you've already admitted, actually DO have a problem with this. Before you speak for us how about you ask us what we think?

There are other bugs, yes, but that doesn't mean that players should be losing archived messages that they wanted to keep. Part of the game is in messages. My first ever big attack, for example, is something I might want to keep in game so I can share with players. What if I have content I want to share with new users? What if I have messages I want to use for teaching my members? What if I've been playing for the last 5 years and my friend that played this game with me that sent me a message before they died. What if I want the original message? Who says I can't keep that?

As long as the archive does not explicitly warn us that messages are deleted after X amount of time then the feature is expected to work as an archive is supposed to work, by definition. If it is not working as an archive is supposed to work then that means the feature is working incorrectly. Therefore, yes, it IS, in-fact, a bug.

This is certainly in the correct section because this is definitely a bug as it's a feature that is not working as intended.

I implore you to learn about what constitutes a "bug" in programming and what an archive is. As well as learning how an archive is supposed to function.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bug

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archive

Also, take a minute and talk to those players you're trying to speak for, because we actually do care about the archive feature. I, can actually speak for them, because I have actually spoke to them about this.

- 1st sign in Forum
    - 2nd click on
    Categories

I see you really want to try and be a smartass. Although I've already decimated you in my previous post, I will continue.

I see that you do not know how to write properly in English. Maybe before you talk about what people write you should learn how to write in the first place.

Anyways, this is a worldwide forum, and you likely speak some other languages. So we'll move on to what you say.

You've given an incorrect tutorial to how to properly post a bug report on forums. Again, as others have said. Unless GGS has explicitly stated that messages older than X will be deleted then it is a bug, by definition. I understand you don't have a full grasp of the English language. So maybe you just don't understand. We're not talking about an insect. We're talking about a feature not working correctly.

We are free to write our thoughts in any section of the forums with or without your permission. Thanks for your input though. I will give you your next English lesson now. If only you will listen to the lesson then maybe we will achieve something here. Pay attention, now. A lesson is a period of learning or teaching. To listen is to hear something or to give attention with your hear for hearing something. Now, you can look like a little bit less of a dumbass when you're attempting to be a smartass.

Here is the wrong section because it has always been this way? Therefore all bugs are not bugs because they have always been bugs? You do know what a session is, right? It's not a section. As a player for nearly 2 years (not a long player) I can tell you that any player I have spoke to about this issue considers it a bug. It is not working as an archive should, therefore it is a bug.

So if it is a bug and a problem in the game then this is definitely the correct place to post it. If you're incapable of understanding basic English then you should stick to the forum of your language. Further, if you're not an employee of GGS then you can refrain from telling us what is or isn't a bug.

We will join together and tell you to take your chatter elsewhere as it's not relevant to the thread and you're not a staff member here. If a CM posts it is not a bug, fine. @CM Arcanine should ban you for impersonating staff, otherwise.

Is it so hard to understand? An archive is "an accumulation of historical records or the physical place they are located". This means I should not have to move the historical records that are accumulated on the server in the archive that they are located in because that's the function of the archive. If it doesn't provide that function adequately then it is not actually an archive and is therefore not working as intended. Therefore, it is, in fact, a bug.

You are polluting this thread and forum. Your opinion is irrelevant. Your opinion has no value here. Facts are what matters.

You don't have to like it, but this is a bug, and it's posted in the correct section for the staff to review this issue.

Now, just go away.
    Oh my!
    You out of nowhere come in defense of your.. but this is how you all deal with the problems!..
    httpiimgurcomdJ4SBA2gif

I banned from the forum?!
    httpiimgurcomdwvkxgif
    Look at you first!
    It is you and others that came first with  talk like"bullsh#t talking", and personal offenses like "stupid", "smart #ss"!... and others!...
    Go and hide yourself in a place where you all belong!
    httpiimgurcom0FgNkRggif
    You just do not convinced me!
    When people star to lose arguments they just come to offense.. or more stubborn then.. you know..
    That is where i began to talk in riddles!..
    httpiimgurcomXaDrSXwjpg

So you so smart.. playing game for five years.. and do not know this you so called "a big problem" exist from 2012, and GGS never gave nothing for it..
    You do some research before come here as devils advocate..
    httpiimgurcomd9aoGxdgif

You just talk nice and smoothly but..
    httpssenselesscrutinyfileswordpresscom201505wrong-gifgif

So a print screen is nothing!
    So how you show evidence some evidence to other alliances..
    Once you just can not forward reports to others that just are not in your alliance..

You just being swallowed by your own... ignorance!

This is issue is closed for me..
    And i do not take a comma neither  a character to what i wrote..

httpsimagesbritcdncomwp-contentuploads2013021-Artistgif

If you do not reach it is just your problem..
    Cause everything is there!..
    Now if you do dot mind, i just have another important issues to deal with..
    httpiimgurcomyJZT03vjpg

httpwwwpicgifscomgraphicsggoodbyegraphics-goodbye-575661gif

@MarchOfTheDamn
  • I'll just put it here:

Oh my!
    You out of nowhere come in defense of your.. but this is how you all deal with the problems!..

I banned from the forum?!

Look at you first!
    It is you and others that came first with  talk like"bullsh#t talking", and personal offenses like "stupid", "smart #ss"!... and others!...
    Go and hide yourself in a place where you all belong!

You just do not convinced me!
    When people star to lose arguments they just come to offense.. or more stubborn then.. you know..
    That is where i began to talk in riddles!..

So you so smart.. playing game for five years.. and do not know this you so called "a big problem" exist from 2012, and GGS never gave nothing for it..
    You do some research before come here as devils advocate..

You just talk nice and smoothly but..

So a print screen is nothing!
    So how you show evidence some evidence to other alliances..
    Once you just can not forward reports to others that just are not in your alliance..

You just being swallowed by your own... ignorance!

This is issue is closed for me..
    And i do not take a comma neither  a character to what i wrote..

If you do not reach it is just your problem..
    Cause everything is there!..
    Now if you do dot mind, i just have another important issues to deal with..

Who cares if you're convinced? lol. The people that matter are the developers. Having messages you want to review from a year or two ago is something many players expect to be able to do with an archive. You have ignored all questions poised, and have just tried to respond with a bunch of gifs and memes to distract people from the issue. This is a debate tactic, a very intellectually dishonest one that would only be used by someone when they have no resolve left.

Still trying to be a smartass, but failing at doing so. Assuming I've played the game for 5 years, lol. A bug does not have to be a "big problem" to be a bug. Many bugs are very small, and easy to fix. Like this one.

Correct. A print screen is easy to manipulate and can not necessarily be trusted, and as someone else pointed out above some of these messages would take several print screens. The point of an archive is to archive. This feature is designed to be convenient for customers of the studio to use. So, until they post something somewhere that says that messages older than X will be deleted then this is still considered a bug. You can spam memes all you want, it just makes you look childish.

You asked, how do I show evidence of things to another alliance? I don't. People will believe me at my word. If they consider a print screen acceptable then they can ask for that and it will be provided. I will also ask for a print screen, because it's better than nothing. Take it with a grain of salt, though. They are quite easy to modify, put out of order, or otherwise exploit for your benefit.

A lot of your comment is hard to understand. I assume you don't know what a lot of the words you're using mean. I can help you with that, any time. In the meantime, I suspect this issue is closed for you because you're sad about those two comments you reported for abuse. Sorry that I broke your heart, but you deserved it. So, sorry not sorry.

perryl @ USA1 

2020 - Not dead yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file