We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Hotfix

Once again GGE decides to do yet another hotfix right in the middle of AUS 1 server primetime. Why could this not be done a few hours later...oh sorry, that might interfere with Europe, and GGE would never risk that !!!!
makale @ au 1

Comments

• Well they're not going to come in to the office during the middle of the night just to cater to your country's needs, are they? It's the internet - Things don't always happen during 9 till 5. 
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • eibbed62 (AU1)eibbed62 (AU1) Posts: 353AU1
    That was rudely done Chris2307 and completely unnecessary. This frustration does not happen in your part of the world because of the time zones. But for us, updates and maintenance always seem to happen at around 8 pm Eastern time. Which is the time when most people have just gotten home from work, had dinner, cleaned up and are now able to sit down and relax with a nice game of "oops sorry, no game - just maintenance"

Thanks for your understanding and tolerance.
    May you never face the same problem.
    Regards,
    Debbie
    eibbed62 @ au 1
  • That was rudely done Chris2307 and completely unnecessary. This frustration does not happen in your part of the world because of the time zones. But for us, updates and maintenance always seem to happen at around 8 pm Eastern time. Which is the time when most people have just gotten home from work, had dinner, cleaned up and are now able to sit down and relax with a nice game of "oops sorry, no game - just maintenance"

Thanks for your understanding and tolerance.
    May you never face the same problem.
    Regards,
    Debbie

It wasn't rude. I was stating a fact. I think the original poster's attitude was a little arrogant anyway. Suggesting that the Australian timezone is the only timezone to be factored in, when in fact, this is an international game played over the internet. The original post was, therefore, shortsighted and a bit ignorant.

If GGS was based in Australia then the times would suit you more but I wouldn't moan about it.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • Primetimes appear numerous time throughout the day.  I would also like to point out Primetimes are on a timer for all servers so everyone is effected the same way.
    Personal prime times are they only one which are not. Which I have been effected by numerous times.

GoodGame Studios is a European company so it will operate with those hours as they dont use conventional means to updating the game as other gaming companies do.

The real benefactors are server based around South America/America and Canada so it seems.

This will never change. They are not a well organised company as they have shown countless times.

~Ultra
    Disclaimer:
    Everything I say is strictly personal opinion and not in relation to my alliance or affiliates.

Ultra - First and Last.
    Back to Break Some Balls - You Miss Me ?
    Poking the bear since 2013.
  • eibbed62 (AU1)eibbed62 (AU1) Posts: 353AU1
    Perhaps we can just make a suggestion that instead of always starting updates and maintenance at midday CET, maybe occasionally GG could go for a 10am start, or maybe a 3pm start, some times. These would both fall within the usual work day, and would allow the maintenance period to fall outside our server prime time.
    eibbed62 @ au 1
  • If they actually tested and confirmed updates this wouldn't be an issue as much.

Its massively frustrating especially when you have a personal and it shuts down.
    They wont tackle it , its all about them and never their customer.
    And until they actually act in a way that is best for the customer my opinion will never change on that.

~Ultra
    Disclaimer:
    Everything I say is strictly personal opinion and not in relation to my alliance or affiliates.

Ultra - First and Last.
  • cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) Posts: 268GB1
    I would strongly suggest avoiding 3pm update times for GGS. Afterall quite often their are faults with these updates and done that close to the end of the GGS working day means they would not get fixed till the following day.

Thanks
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • @Chris2307 (GB1)

I was not being arrogant, if you read it that way, then read it again !!! Was merely stating a fact, that nearly all of the so called hot fixes appear to be done at the same time. If GGE planned (oops oxymoron there!) ahead, they could have it set up to run at 8 am their time thereby not directly impacting prime playing time for this server. I realise that AUS 1 is not the centre of the universe, but a little more even handedness with the timing might not go amiss
    makale @ au 1
  • and once again maintainence comes round at peak time for AUS1 server !!!!
    makale @ au 1
  • can you stop complaining mate ,

they aren't gonna postpone it too a time their teams don't work so if there's problems then we are all screwed and its a good time for their company too do it.
    Proud n Happy Member of CG

Once you knock a man down to his final stage , there's nowhere he can go  but up.
  • and once again maintainence comes round at peak time for AUS1 server !!!!
    I'm not sure why you find this surprising. The time zones haven't exactly shifted since the last time you complained.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • Every time zone gets screwed out of something .

Take the new fifa game for instance , comes out 2 days later in europe than america , this makes me annoyed as im hyped too play the newest game of the franchise but nothing i can do other than suck it up.

Sorry if i sounded harsh in my previous point , better too be to the point and blunt.

Once you knock a man down to his final stage , there's nowhere he can go  but up.
  • wizmcfc (GB1)wizmcfc (GB1) Posts: 18GB1
    FFS  got nomad boost on and hotfix taking forever would ask for the time back but i vowed not to waste my breath on them anymore!
    wizmcfc @ en 1
  • FFS  got nomad boost on and hotfix taking forever would ask for the time back but i vowed not to waste my breath on them anymore!
    yeah this is a pisstake

• BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,093INT1
    This is so frustrating ,started a feast and yet not recruited 1 soldier , why is it taking so long nomad will be ended soon 

BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    Meanwhile....

Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• and now I remember why I didn't actually "play" til 10am eastern time on US1...
    Sound the BattleHorn!

(I don't sleep...) LOL
  • Could possibly go past 3pm CET according to the thread,

Apparently they are having problems..... saying that when dont they?

~Ultra
    Disclaimer:

Ultra - First and Last.
  • Well fuck GGE. Almost had 3 hours food with a 80K feast going on  :'( and these fuckers don't even want to pop up and tell us the actual time.
    And then they would say our top priority are customers.
    F*ck U GGE as u guys won't reply to us at all... and won't even give us a compensation too :/

Great work by u assholes.

Lance.
    [email protected]
    Lvl 62

Current powerpoints
    :  250K (http://prntscr.com/cb08ck)
    Current glory title : King Lancelot the Steal-hearted (http://prntscr.com/cb08jj)
    Current gallantry title : Shield Crusher Lancelot The Widowmaker (http://prntscr.com/c8er98)

Highest Powerpoints (till yet) : 400K power
    Highest Glory : 205K glory (http://prntscr.com/c0acc6)
    Highest Points in Nomads : 5k points
    Highest Points in Samurais : 3.5K points
    Highest Loot : http://prntscr.com/cbdbm9 (can only play 2-3 hours a day so i guess it's not that bad? ;))

Lastly my castle
    http://prntscr.com/cb09ff (I do know it's not kinda that nice.. ;) )

And obviously i am a proud non-ruby buyer
    :D

• already past 3PM CET...
    Sound the BattleHorn!

(I don't sleep...) LOL
Sign In to comment.