Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Update Questions & Feedback: Crafty Strategies

Comments

• Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) GB1 Posts: 269
    typical GGE give with one hand and take it away with the other lol
    Stevemass @ en 1
  • typical GGE give with one hand and take it away with the other lol
    its the bonuses mate,  people were upping their food thousands for free, they didnt like that so used the ruby excuse for an escape clause
    Proud n Happy Member of CG

Once you knock a man down to his final stage , there's nowhere he can go  but up.
  • Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) GB1 Posts: 269
    would have been a lot easier to compensate those who bought the ruby ones.  But that is too easy a solution for GGE 
    Stevemass @ en 1
  • Knowing GGE, they would never give back a ruby compensation. Rather, they may give a blue package with a few iron sheilds or tokens

• The hotfix was applied and the problem persist:

Ruby purchased builditem:
    http://prntscr.com/c3gdgg

Crafted Item:
    http://prntscr.com/c3gesu
    Please read these reviews of GoodGame Studios....
    http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.goodgamestudios.com#

http://prntscr.com/8me5a5

This forum hardly works properly... We want the old one back!!
  • Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
    edited 09.08.2016
    @CM_Arcanine - Well done GGS for another monumental cock up. An ill thought out response to a problem so easily remedied in other ways. Lack of communication on the matter and steam rolling ahead with what you deem fit as usual. Unprofessional and arrogance displayed once more.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,842
    Hmm I have to admit not quite the resoloution i was hoping for, But i guess hearing the response in the first place from GGE it was pretty clear they did not know you could craft the base items, as they were only ever talking about the other type of food item being craftable.

I would have rather seen the level 1-3 items ramain craftable and an uplift given to the ruby level items to be 4-5 (non craftable).  To give everyone a chance to craft good items,  One comment i would make is that the level 1-3 craftable items were unbelievably cheap to craft for such an important item,  not sure you got the cost of those items quite right!  But i guess its a moot point now.

But the poster was quite correct i guess at this point it would have become impossibe to defferentiate between ruby purchased items and crafted items to allow that resoloution, which is why I said last thurs it needed shutting down before it ran too log or your options would be hugely limited.  

What I am pleased about Steve is that the response that came back initially from the development team is EXACTLY the response that i expect anyone who has ever been through support has experienced.  So I am glad you got to see what really happens.  In that you get an almost instant denial of any issue.  Which is what happened to me on here.  Had I not have been strong enough in my convictions, or in this case it was blindingly obvious!!!!  But what it does show 100% is that you development team didnt even bother to look first time around they just assumed that I your customer was wrong.  As i mentioned initially, it took literally 1 min to check.  It took longer for me to log in than to actually check it.  Yet your development team didnt even bother to do that before giving you a reply to come back to on here with that the new items were weaker.

This is the attitude that your players have had to put up with for a long time now, the assumption that whatever you say you are wrong.  And its an attitude that needs to change.  Luckily  this ended up being something so obvious that it couldnt be missed, or denied but imagine if it was a situation that wasnt so black and white and i had faced the same attitude.  What then?

At the heart of the problem is the attitude GGE is perfect, cannot go wrong and that "we" the GGE employees know best.  And the players are wrong by default, they are either trying it on or know nothing.

I have had responses in the past from support saying "our system is infallible" which i doubt even nasa would claim!!!!  I am not sure there is a system on the planet that is that!!!  Luckily on that one i could provide a screenshout on that occation.

Whilst of course there will always be mistakes made on both sides, but the amount of times I have had responses in which the issue i have reported, has just been fobbed of and i got a "go away little boy we know best reply".  Only when i stood my ground did i get a resoloution.  But what i am trying to say is there need to be a huge attitude shift, one in which you assume the person is right, not that they are wrong and give an instant response based on that assumption.  If you look and still cannot find the problem there is nothing wrong with coming back and saying that and asking for more information.  But to come back with an instant Flat denial without even checking is what is at the heart of your customer service issues.  And one that clearly permiates through out your organisation if that reply was directly from your dev team.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    Cheers for all the points in the thread guys. I appreciate that it's a pretty sudden decision, and I'll try to clarify it a bit further with the team. The feedback is much appreciated though, and there's always a possibility that we could re-introduce this item in some way shape or form.

@Philt123 (GB1) Completely see where you're coming from, and I do apologize for that. It was a miscommunication on my end, and I'll try to ensure that doesn't happen in the future.

@pcsurgeon (NL1) Not a bug, the items will still remain in the game, just the ability to craft them has been taken away.

Regards,

Steve.
  • How can it not be a bug if a lvl 3 shows +25 and a level 2 +40 ??

• those items should have been replaced for proper lvl 3 (+60)

• Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
    edited 09.08.2016
    How can it not be a bug if a lvl 3 shows +25 and a level 2 +40 ??
    You are getting confused between two different granary item types.

One type increases base production and the other type increases actual production. There was never an issue regarding having two different type of granary items. The issues arose because the level 3 base production type items used to be ruby purchasable and with the update were made easily craftable (thus devaluing them greatly).

The other type of item (actual food production) had nothing to do with this discussion or hotfix.
    Chris2307 @ en 1

One type increases base production and the other type increases actual production. There was never an issue regarding having two different type of granary items. The issues arose because the level 3 base production type items used to be ruby purchasable and with the update were made easily craftable (thus devaluing them greatly).

The other type of item (actual food production) had nothing to do with this discussion or hotfix.
    So, I've bought a 99k ruby offer with this food build item, which is now worthless against a crafted lvl 2 item? How fair is this? So there was no fix to make sure ruby items are not rendered worthless, in fact they removed it, but leave the old now worthless items in play. Kinda feel cheated!

So, I've bought a 99k ruby offer with this food build item, which is now worthless against a crafted lvl 2 item? How fair is this? So there was no fix to make sure ruby items are not rendered worthless, in fact they removed it, but leave the old now worthless items in play. Kinda feel cheated!
    you are reading it extemely incorrect,  the 25 base production gives ALOT more than 40 food lol

Once you knock a man down to his final stage , there's nowhere he can go  but up.
  • also @CM Arcanine

• Public Order  ​*increased*​ from 0 --> 110
    • Nope dont see any change from the construction yard

I think you need to put the two build items on a granary, take a look at the food production and you will realise that your 99k ruby purchased item is a lot more than the level 2 +40 item.

Your level 3 (+25) is a BASE PRODUCTION increase.
    Your level 2 (+40) is an ACTUAL PRODUCTION increase. 

Both very different. The base production increases the food production of your granary before bonuses, such as PO is taken in to account. The actual production increases food production after the bonuses.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • I kinda get it :)
    so if you have the actual production item on lvl 10 it's far more useless than the lvl 3 base production item....(depending your own PO)

Sort of a scam really... if you realize how expensive the materials are....

• I kinda get it :)
    so if you have the actual production item on lvl 10 it's far more useless than the lvl 3 base production item....(depending your own PO)

Sort of a scam really... if you realize how expensive the materials are....
    The level of the granary doesn't matter at all. It's the efficiency of the granary and the castle productivity bonus which makes the difference.

For example, a level 3 base production (+25 base increase) on a granary with 5% efficiency is going to be far worse than if you were to put a level 10 actual production (+200 food/hour) on the same granary. There is (was) a nice balancing act to be worked out if you wanted to make the most out of both types of granary items.

However, the going got tough for GGS - And they just removed them from the game instead of coming up with a sensible solution.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,842
    Yes it depends on your base production really but for me in green its roughly 1000 (you can check in any granery or farmhouse) and it relms its roughly double that.  So if you have a base item of 25 for me it is worth approx +250 food in green and approx 500 food in outer relms.  Which is obviously better than even a level 10 normal food item.  However that is only on a farmouse / granery of 100% output.  These items are reduced by this number.  So if you put it on a 75% farmhouse you will only get 75% of the amount of food you expect.  etc.  So basiclaly dont put them on a 3% granery!!!!

Philt123 @ en 1
  • eibbed62 (AU1)eibbed62 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 370
    @CM Arcanine
    Well I think it sucks that GG have dropped the cost of building the construction yard in the first place. Those of us who followed the recommendation and built it when it was first introduced paid 45k rocks and 45k sticks and around 12 hours for each. It is completely unfair that those who didn't follow that recommendation will now get to build theirs for only 450 of each and around 3 hours. That is a huge advantage for them.

I know it is not possible to make up for those lost resources and lost time, I just hope GG have the good grace to at least give the construction yards that players already had, the same PO value (or ideally a much greater PO value due to their much greater cost). Looking at mine just now, it doesn't appear that GG have even given them any value at all. I hope I don't have to deconstruct and reconstruct mine in order for them to have any PO value.  Now that really would suck big time!!

Regards
    Debbie
    eibbed62 @ au 1
  • I dont even know how to comment on this mess up as each update have faults.

Please can we get the communication at GoodGame Studios sorted, its been the issue for some time now.
    Only CMs see these threads/posts and I dont think its enough.

The BIG flashing light which shows you how terrible the communication is , is the fact that your customers seem to know more than yourselves , 

There was no fix. It was just removed.

Days of arguing to be then shown up by your own customers is definitely the WRONG  way to tackle your customers .

I would really appreciate this to get back to a manager - Someone who can actually change things. Because its like talking to a brick wall and has been for well over a year.

~Ultra
    Disclaimer:
    Everything I say is strictly personal opinion and not in relation to my alliance or affiliates.

Ultra - First and Last.
    Back to Break Some Balls - You Miss Me ?
    Poking the bear since 2013.
Sign In to comment.