We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

How You Can Beat A Flank, Or How To Know If You Can Hold It

2»

Comments

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,669
    i think the calculation is a little more complicated than that but using your example it goes something like this

assuming you use 21 sw's and 9 boulders on all 4 waves and you use ranged horrors.

His ranged defense will be zero as we talked about above.

his melee defense will be 59 (strength of sentinal vs ranged troops) x 1.75 (melee strength multiplier) x 2.47 (wall multiplier) x 1.08 (remainder of moat multiplier) x 224 (number of melee troops)

So total strength on wall against ranged troops is 61,696. 

This is where it gets tricky as the calculation is not a straight forward one I am afraid, I have tried to work out the exact formula and failed :-( maybe someone smarter than me can.

But lets assume on your commander you have 70 troops on the flank assuming you use horrors with your calculated strength of 256 per troop (as per your calculation) 256 x 70  you will be hitting him with 17,920 per wave.

like i said this is where the calculation is a little hazy as i cant exactly work it out but as a rough approximation if you hit 61,696 power with 17,920 power you have roughly 29% his wall power so assume you will kill 29% of his troops. in the first wave hit.

so wave 2 he will have 44,000 power left (rounded up as this is not exact!!!) and wave 2 you hitting with 17,920 again.  this time you will take out 40%

Etc etc.  then you just go through all 4 waves to see if you have enough strength to take all his troops out and take the wall.

as i said the exact formula for number of troops killed is not as simple as this unfortunatly, i tried and gave up on the actual formula. feel tree to try it and see if you can get the exact
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Ok thx all I updated the guide, if you spot any more mistakes please tell me and I will update it later.
    Decedance, Sleaze and Excess
  • Ok I did the maths using the 9 slots for breaching towers. Make any mistakes?
  • also note some time you have to hold 2 flanks vs super comm + gems(you can get 80% cy bonus from gems alone) 
    bobjoerock @ usa 1
  • also note some time you have to hold 2 flanks vs super comm + gems(you can get 80% cy bonus from gems alone) 
    Hate to break it to ya bud, but you aren't likely to hold two flanks against a super comm. Even one flank isn't guaranteed with 5-6 waves. Possible, definitely. Cost-effective and easy?...not really.
    I know a ruby player who has the best event cast in the game. He frequently tries to hold two flanks against super comms. They usually go down on wave 3 of a well tooled attack. 80% is easy. We've seen over 120%, and we aren't even huge targets. I've heard rumors of people with 150%-190% on their comm.

Firecast is a handy alternative that everyone should keep in reserve. Not always the best option, but it never hurts to have an extra few tricks.
    Currently spending more time enjoying life and human interaction than playing this game. Stay safe
    F4D

• use 1 soldier on flank in 1st wave
    check castellan power....(in this case its 73%)
    in second wave use manlets considering the ranged power as (100% + 73% = 173%)
    i m sure it works
    in this way u will save tools...... :)
    2nd advantage is that if the player has used melee power increasing tools, it will get used up and u will face less resistance!
    aayush sharav @ in 1
    i m sure it works
    2nd advantage is that if the player has used melee power increasing tools, it will get used up and u will face less resistance!
    Thats FL......Im not sure what idiot only has one tools per slot,..

Not active ingame anymore  [email protected] (back again) 

[email protected] 

Non-ruby buyer 

[email protected] ResilientEmpire 

Pop me a PM ingame or on forums if you want to join :) 

My loot, first week back: 

i m sure it works
    That is the foreign invaders, not actual players.
  • Brilliant guide!
    fierydemon @ en 1
    Playing since 2013
Sign In to comment.